User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 5 Oct 2010, 23:36   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Round 39 Stats

These are the stats, which will still be 'tweaked'.

I am not commenting on them yet as they are so appalingly shit that I will wait for the next version.
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 23:47   #2
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 39 Stats

Sweet Jesus those stats are awful
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 02:23   #3
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

Is this a joke?
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 02:34   #4
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowch View Post
Is this a joke?
I'm not laughing!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 03:56   #5
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

In keeping with recent threads, I vote "tear this shit down and start again"
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 04:57   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

oh fks sake. Once I quit they give zik a co roider?
fking hell

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 08:34   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to using/altering r27s stats

Not gonna bother commenting on these stats until they been altered.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 08:46   #8
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

who ze **** made those?
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 08:57   #9
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

These stats are based on the R24 stats with just a few changes.

Basically, that round was a total Xan/Zik fest and I don't really see these changes doing much to stop that happening again..

Certainly Cath and Etd needs a boost imo.

Last edited by isildurx; 6 Oct 2010 at 09:04.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 09:17   #10
isildurx

Here is the thread from R24 discussing the stats btw:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...=195613&page=2

Not a huge amount of discussion going on though. Bottom line is that cath and etd HAVE TO be improved if they are to stand any chance. Terrans are improved with the Cutter's T3 being removed though.

Here are the planetranks from R24:

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...4:Planet_Ranks

Last edited by isildurx; 6 Oct 2010 at 09:27.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:08   #11
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

AND HERE ARE THE ALLIANCE RANKS:

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...Alliance_Ranks
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 11:17   #12
Chulain
God King Emperor of Dune

Chulain is an unknown quantity at this point

Err while Zik are slightly better than last round in that they will be able to steal FR which they couldn't in r38, they are still pretty pants! No effective anti DE at all other than steal ships and you need a tonne of them to put attackers off. Looks to me like they will just be roid farms. ETD are pretty pants too, and Cat - while interesting are going to be in for it - but then last round Cat were so good that I am not surprised they have had a significant power down. Ter seem ok ish, but realistically Xan look to be the really decent race to play judging by these stats.
Chulain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 12:40   #13
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

I dread a round where 40% of the universe is xan with eta 7 ships.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 18:15   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I do love Baliff being a name for a pod ship

Changes I would make to the stats.

Terran
keeping the same de/bs roid class

Harpy ---> t1 fr
t2 fi

Chimera ---> init 8 t1 co damage increase from 28 to 32
t2 de

Pegasus ---> init 6 t1 fi
no t2

Drake ---> init 7 t1 bs
t2 fr
-----------------------------------------------------------
Syren ---> init 5 t1 frig
t2 de

Wyvern ---> init 21 steal t1 de
no t2

or

Syren init 5 ---------> t1 fr
no t2

Wyvern init 6 ---------> t1 de
no t2
---------------------------------------------------
Cath
keeping the same fr/cr attack fleets

Spider ---> t1 co
t2 fr
t3 de

Viper from co to de class ship ---> keeping the same targetting and similar emp effienties and resistance and around the same A/C cost

Xan

Banshee ----> init 4 t1 de
no t2

Bomber ----> t1 fr
no t2

Shadow ---> init 6 t1 bs
t2 de
Spectre ---> t1 cr
no t2

Zik

Cutter init 4 ---> t1 fr
t2 co

Etd

Voyager to init 2 emp emp strength around 140 - 160% t1 aprox

Dealer to frig init 20 steal ---> t1 co
t2 cr

Broker to an init 7

Last edited by Paisley; 6 Oct 2010 at 18:26.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 19:13   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
oh fks sake. Once I quit they give zik a co roider?
fking hell
If you search for posts containing the word "quit" by wishmaster you get 38 results.

Just saying...
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 21:31   #16
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
If you search for posts containing the word "quit" by wishmaster you get 38 results.

Just saying...
Quit being an idiot!

Search: Keyword(s): quit ; Posts Made By: JonnyBGood Showing results 1 to 25 of 114
Search took 0.06 seconds.

I m just saying!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled

Last edited by Wishmaster; 6 Oct 2010 at 21:37.
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 21:50   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At least 38 of those posts are me mocking you about quitting fetish though
Unread 7 Oct 2010, 23:38   #18
isildurx

Stats need to be changed!

Xan are too good
Zik and Etd a bit too weak
Cat way to weak
Unread 8 Oct 2010, 07:57   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Terrans are improved with the Cutter's T3 being removed though.

How can you with a straight face say that Terrans got fixed by removing a ships t3 targetting?
Unread 8 Oct 2010, 08:14   #20
isildurx

I'm not saying they got fixed, I said they got improved...
Unread 8 Oct 2010, 11:25   #21
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Stats need to be changed!

Xan are too good
Zik and Etd a bit too weak
Cat way to weak
For those of us that cant see (that means me), what are the problems specifically?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2010, 11:39   #22
isildurx

Well, if you look at the ranks from R24 Xan is obviously too strong(and I remember this very well as I was xan that round).
Zik lost the T3 on the cutter, which is/was their best ship making them a lot weaker vs DE.
Etd aren't that bad as far as I recall, their CO fleet is pretty nifty, but their certainly not as strong as xan.
Cathaar are simply too bad, their roidingfleets are piss-poor and they are best used as supportplanets. They have no useful killships and they will simply get roided down one by one like they were in R24.
Unread 9 Oct 2010, 08:32   #23
isildurx

Six days until round starts. Is anything being done to fix these stats?
Unread 9 Oct 2010, 11:38   #24
isildurx

Hmm seems the stats changed a bit a few days ago. I assumed nothing had been changed but seems there has been changes
Unread 9 Oct 2010, 18:52   #25
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

/me watches the tumble weeds blow by....

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2010, 21:54   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It would be bloody handy if we were informed of the changes, rather than having to guess at them.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2010, 22:00   #27
isildurx

Looks like the Peg and Clipper were changed. Zik DE is still totally useless, and Ter and Xan are also pretty dire.
Unread 9 Oct 2010, 23:48   #28
isildurx

There has been some changes to the stats tonight.

Due to a couple of obvious weaknesses both of the etd co are now emp, and the peg\bansh have had their inits altered.

Comments!?

In my opinion this impoved the stats quite a bit. Attacking with fico will now be viable all round long(due to the possibility of sending along etd emp co), Terran aren't as open to fico incs any more, all this happening without xan fico really being weakened that much.
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 12:22   #29
isildurx

A few changes to clipper, thief, spider and tara initwise have been done!

Stats will probably be made final tonight so if someone has some suggestions for additional changes then please say so now.
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 13:43   #30
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

personally i would improve the power of the tara and the broker a bit

atm CR are only viable in a cath/etd teamup in regard to attacks

tbh all the big ships need to be looked at to prevent this round being fi/co galore...

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 14:05   #31
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
......the peg\bansh have had their inits altered.

Comments!?

In my opinion this impoved the stats quite a bit. Attacking with fico will now be viable all round long(due to the possibility of sending along etd emp co), Terran aren't as open to fico incs any more, all this happening without xan fico really being weakened that much.
I can't see how making Pegs and Banshees fire simultaneously can be viewed as not weakening Xan Fi "that much".

Has anyone done any calcs on Terran De fleets attacking vs Xan Fi and vice versa? I suspect that Xan will come out worst in both cases - but I'd love to be wrong (in this instance).

<Edit> Having Etd ETA 7 anti Fi EMP defence available isn't likely to help the Xan Fi cause either - although I'd only just noticed that Cath doesn't have ETA 7 anti Fi ships.

<Edit 2> I've also just noticed that the two lowest init kill ships are both non-Xan and that there are a further three non-Xan ships which fire at the same init as the lowest Xan ships. I think it's time to stop pretending that one of Xan's "advantages" is having ships which fire earlier than their opponents. The "paper thin" armour still seems to be a feature though.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105

Last edited by ArcChas; 10 Oct 2010 at 14:25.
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 14:39   #32
isildurx

The tara had its targetting swapped to make it more efficient vs BS btw
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 14:45   #33
isildurx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I can't see how making Pegs and Banshees fire simultaneously can be viewed as not weakening Xan Fi "that much".

Has anyone done any calcs on Terran De fleets attacking vs Xan Fi and vice versa? I suspect that Xan will come out worst in both cases - but I'd love to be wrong (in this instance).

<Edit> Having Etd ETA 7 anti Fi EMP defence available isn't likely to help the Xan Fi cause either - although I'd only just noticed that Cath doesn't have ETA 7 anti Fi ships.

<Edit 2> I've also just noticed that the two lowest init kill ships are both non-Xan and that there are a further three non-Xan ships which fire at the same init as the lowest Xan ships. I think it's time to stop pretending that one of Xan's "advantages" is having ships which fire earlier than their opponents. The "paper thin" armour still seems to be a feature though.
Xan still have their cloaked ability and their low eta though...

In my opinion the change to the pegasus, the bansh and the voyagers helps xans. Although xans will now struggle to attack Terrans they now have the ability to attack etd's instead. ADDITIONALLY, Xan teamups now become a lot stronger since you have the opportunity to send a emp fleet along, this is because before the recent change to the voyager no matter how big a etd and xan teamup you sent you would only need a very small amount of defence due to the defence shooting at the same time as the attackers. No matter if the attack was 4mil value or 40mil value the same amount of defships would be needed to stop it (probably about 1mill value defships - unless there was a lot of xp involved of course).

Changing the voyager to emp and not changing the peg would be a bad idea because;

a) xan fico could then roid every race except themselves
b) Ter was exceptionally bad versus fico as it was, and they really needed to become better at stopping fico

Moreover, do you honestly expect a lot of people to go Ter DE this round!?
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 15:20   #34
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
1:2 Banshee:Pegasus, Xan still loses less.

I take it EMP values will be done last? (which will be a pain to balance -.-)
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 15:24   #35
isildurx

They tend to be the final thing to do yeah. In my opinion it's important that the etd co aren't too strong.
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 15:53   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
1:2 Banshee:Pegasus, Xan still loses less.
Er. What? They're basically even right now, xan lose slightly less in 1:1 value equivalency.
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 16:30   #37
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Xan still have their cloaked ability and their low eta though...
True enough. Perhaps we should amend our expectations of Xan (and the manual) to reflect their actual abilities.
Quote:
ADDITIONALLY, Xan teamups now become a lot stronger since you have the opportunity to send a emp fleet along...
You're right - but I'm not sure that promoting team-ups as a playing style is the right way to go (even though it's been almost essential to achieve success for many rounds now). Team-ups usually result in the target being completely overwhelmed which tends to mean that only alliance members stand much chance of a successful defence. New players are likely to be annihilated and sometimes sufficiently demotivated to make them quit. Likewise, new(er) players are less likely to be able to put together an effective team attack. I suppose this is really a matter for a separate thread - and perhaps even a different forum.
Quote:
Moreover, do you honestly expect a lot of people to go Ter DE this round!?
Before these changes I would have answered with a resounding "NO" - now it would probably be less resounding, but still "no".
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 16:36   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

The manual is ****ing retarded. If we actually had an entire race which had low eta low init high damage ships it'd be so overpowered you'd probably end up with 90% of the t100 planets being that race.
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 17:00   #39
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Er. What? They're basically even right now, xan lose slightly less in 1:1 value equivalency.
http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=1loouhs3akq9con

like that!
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 18:11   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And why exactly is there twice as much value in pegs as there is in banshee there? And why are you not using the beta bcalc?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 19:36   #41
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
And why exactly is there twice as much value in pegs as there is in banshee there? And why are you not using the beta bcalc?
To show that even when all Banshee are killed, Ter still can't solo Xan. And because I have the game calc bookmarked and those stats were updated, afaik.
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 19:40   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No.
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 12:40   #43
isildurx

I guess everyone loves these stats then? With the lack of suggestions and all..
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 13:38   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

I think it was a decent attempt in the end. Xan aren't as awesome as they looked originally and etd aren't as good as they looked after the first round of changes. I can see reasons to play every race, although cath look weak to me (I always think they look weak without an eta 7 roiding fleet).

On the negative side I think it was a woeful idea to add a t2 to the banshee. There's not even an fr kill/steal ship that targets fi so it just makes fr a weaker attack ship which we definitely didn't need. That said xan fi now roids other xan fi/co planets so it sort of balances itself out a bit just in terms of the strength of xan. Although **** you appoco for not thinking of dropping the armour on the phant back down.
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 13:48   #45
isildurx

Hmm, quite a few big changes since yesterday. Xan FI definitively looks substantially weaker than they did yesterday.

It's good to see that Ter got improved a bit though.

Overall I'd say these stats are a lot better than they were just a few days ago.
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 14:27   #46
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

I thought the goal was to have a multi-targeting round without a ton of multi-targeting?
You guys were doing well (sorta) with the stats, and now ... 3 ships that don't multi-target.
Caths are pretty silly, even with having 3 ships that dual target and 4 that triple target
Xan FI/CO targets FR way too hard (not that anyone really has any FR ships to target ??)
ETD/Ter look like they have in most of the rounds past.
Zik is the typical "We steal stuff, but also our kill ships are better then all the other races" joke that seems to be the trend of the last few rounds.

Stats look okay, depending on what direction you look at the from.
Woulda been nice to only have 3-4 multi-targeting ships per race and more then 7 ships per race lol
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 14:43   #47
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
I thought the goal was to have a multi-targeting round without a ton of multi-targeting?
No, that was just what some people said they wanted. I will refer to the Stones for the lesson they should now have learnt.
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 14:59   #48
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Im highly tempted to go ETD Co this round, it seems to be the Fi/Co fleet that Cath should of had. The efficiency is pretty good along with the armor and has a nice anti CR/BS emp ship as well. The Co stealer ship also adds a possibility of farming inactive Xan or Zik's who have some Co ships to strengthen the fleet.

Just dont like the look of Xan's now, they still look extremly viable but theres just too many weaknesses now and they look like they've got to spead themselves abit too thin.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 15:03   #49
isildurx

I definitively think the way to go is either FICO att + FrDe/CrBs for def or CR/BS att with FICO for deffing and/or faking.
Unread 11 Oct 2010, 16:06   #50
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No, that was just what some people said they wanted. I will refer to the Stones for the lesson they should now have learnt.
Well considering the previous revision of the stats had Xan having a lot of single targeting Ter had a few too.
I figured that's kinda what the intention was.

Regardless of what people were wanting, it seemed like it was in the plans.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote