User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 May 2007, 18:11   #1
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
IM client links

As an alternative to IRC, players should be allowed to add their IM details on their preference page. Major services should as AOL, MSN and Google Talk should be supported.

Some kind of button should be displayed next to the planet's listing on the galaxy page (or on some kind of new page listing contact details). These buttons should be 'Add me to MSN'-type buttons, the kind that the PA forums support. Google Talk even supports a web-based client using a script downloadable from google.com (http://www.google.com/talk/start.html item #3). These links should be available to Trusted galaxy members only. Details should also be available to alliance members, and the availability of details should be configurable (alliance-only, alliance and galaxy, everyone).

This is actually quite a quick and easy thing to do, just an extra Preferences option or three, and some easy-to-add links.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2007, 19:45   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: IM client links

I quite like this idea, on a side note, is Google talk big enough theese days to count as big? - I don't know anyone that uses it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2007, 21:07   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: IM client links

A simplified version of this would be a "shoutbox" for a galaxy, which would be useful, too. But thanks for bringing up a suggestion you brought up a long time ago, Rob. I liked it back then already.