User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 Apr 2007, 19:15   #1
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Message of the day

Just a small request:

Could you PLEASE use the "message of the day" only for what it is supposed to be used, i.e. showing latest happenings in the rounds progress (i.e. rollbacks and the like) or even round start/end date?

It's certainly not just me who gets annoyed to read through parts of a changelog / general game information that should be accessible from somewhere else. The overview screen really loses it's overview functionality due to that huge message.

Last edited by Heartless; 24 Apr 2007 at 19:22.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 19:16   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Message of the day

Hide Button Please
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 19:23   #3
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

I can't see a single part of the MOTD that is relevant at this point in the round.

If anything all the info could have been sent to each planet when it signs up - that way you ensure everyone has it and reads it without cluttering up the overview.
viC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 19:35   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I totally agree, and the MOTD looks like a bloody christmastree and its annoying as hell.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 20:31   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Did anyone add my Alliance Overview to the MOTD?
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 20:51   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I've trimmed it as much as I can without people who put things in it telling me off for removing their stuff...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 23:08   #7
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

It wasn't added furball, but I've just added it now

NetGamers Senior CSC Administrator
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 00:34   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Agree 100% with Heartless. At least put on option on preferences (as with the gal banner) to display it at the bottom of the screen.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 02:39   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Clearly, what is needed is a MOTD, and then some "Universal Information" or whatnot. Universal information will hold things like links to the Alliance Overview and whatnot, and can be turned off in Preferences (default is on). MOTD is always on.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 07:03   #10
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

its 18 lines including spaces, its only slightly bigger then your forum signature. i never really felt bothered by it (in fact i never really noticed it) and i can understand how new planets would find it very usefull. Maybe they should add a line like "dont pick democracy because you cant change goverment ever"

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote