User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 18 Mar 2007, 18:54   #1
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
No last week recruitment

Firstly don't take this as a moan at F-crew coming 7th.

It has bugged me for quite a few rounds that alliances appear to add a fair few members in the last couple of days of the round in order to secure their final position.

I wish to suggest that next round recruitment for alliances is closed for the last 7 days of the round allowing the true state of the rankings to be seen. This may also encourage last week alliance wars in order to jocky for position.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 19:17   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: No last week recruitment

I agree entirely - and did you get any inspiration from my post earlier, perhaps?

Frankly it'd get rid of much of this poaching nonsense, and then perhaps we could go back to a decent alliance scoring system.
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 19:18   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Maybe recruiting should be allowed, but don't let the score of those who joins the last week count in the alliance score.
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 19:38   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

the score they have before they join doesn't count remember, so I don;t really see there is a particualrly big issue?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 19:47   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
the score they have before they join doesn't count remember, so I don;t really see there is a particualrly big issue?
I thought that only count for previously tagged players.
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 19:49   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Besides, perhaps we might not always keep the current alliance scoring system.
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 19:49   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I thought that only count for previously tagged players.
ah, that is a rather good point - yes if someone has been entirly tagless it is somewhat an issue

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 18 Mar 2007, 19:56   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
ah, that is a rather good point - yes if someone has been entirly tagless it is somewhat an issue
+ it'd stop me from getting into silly discussions about what's spam or not.
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 21:05   #9
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

I think the real problem here is the way rounds finish. They shouldn't be time-based, there should be some kind of objective for an alliance to reach, and the first to reach it won. This would remove boring round ends, too.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 22:00   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
I think the real problem here is the way rounds finish. They shouldn't be time-based, there should be some kind of objective for an alliance to reach, and the first to reach it won. This would remove boring round ends, too.
why should the round be ended by an alliance objective though? why not a planet or galaxy objevtive?

I do find the idea interesting though.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 18 Mar 2007, 23:58   #11
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I agree entirely - and did you get any inspiration from my post earlier, perhaps?
I had read the previous thread I expect when it was a current thread, I hadn't read your earlier post as I posted this as soon as I got back after walking 40 miles in 10 hours 40 mins yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Frankly it'd get rid of much of this poaching nonsense, and then perhaps we could go back to a decent alliance scoring system.
From my F-crew HC seat for the first time I haven't actually noticed any poaching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
There was a lot of recruiting previously tagless small planets just below the limit (which is a pain but that is for another thread) during the last week. This gave these alliances a fairly gaurantied score increase which other alliances could not attack or do anything else to reduce. This really does make the game frustriating and less about who is the best in war (it is a war game after all).
Quote:
I don't know if that is practical. It removes a huge planning element that alliances like and Jolt's bank managers will need. We can't plan rounds to end prior to Christmas or other key dates.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 00:13   #12
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
I don't know if that is practical. It removes a huge planning element that alliances like and Jolt's bank managers will need. We can't plan rounds to end prior to Christmas or other key dates.
There are ways to accelerate the achievement of the goal, if need be.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 00:33   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I sort of agree with this. Although despite what you say there is an objective, have the highest score at a predetermined date. I dislike the way this round went for the simple fact I find it hard to say that CT currently dominate the universe. Most previous rounds there's been a much clearer dominant force in the game. A win by less than 3% of your total score doesn't exactly scream total success.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 01:04   #14
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I sort of agree with this. Although despite what you say there is an objective, have the highest score at a predetermined date. I dislike the way this round went for the simple fact I find it hard to say that CT currently dominate the universe. Most previous rounds there's been a much clearer dominant force in the game. A win by less than 3% of your total score doesn't exactly scream total success.
I agree with the no clear winner. The 2nd tier of allies was decided during the last week due to recruitment though, not achievement. The best allies should win. This does not happen with recruitment allowed during the last week.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 01:20   #15
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That depends on how you define the 'best alliance'. The game defines this as the alliance that has massed the highest amount of score by the time the round ends. Do you have a better definition?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 01:25   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I agree with the no clear winner. The 2nd tier of allies was decided during the last week due to recruitment though, not achievement. The best allies should win. This does not happen with recruitment allowed during the last week.
Getting people to join your alliance so you finish ahead of someone is an achievement. Fine, obviously you mean something vague about teamwork and effort but that's not what "best" means. Maybe you believe there is something wrong with a game that is about score accumulation by any means not prohibited by the rules but this sort of reactive approach to development isn't going to solve anything.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 01:34   #17
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

ok scrap that last post. Go with what I said in my first...
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 04:58   #18
XelNaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
That depends on how you define the 'best alliance'. The game defines this as the alliance that has massed the highest amount of score by the time the round ends. Do you have a better definition?
Well, I wouldn't say 'best alliance'. I would say 'alliance that worked the best during the round'. And I don't have a better definition, but an alternative way to determine it. You can read about it in my thread, it's the last underlined title.

Unread 19 Mar 2007, 12:23   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Firstly for comedy value I like to point out that one of our members got 7 mails wich 6 had the same message about him joining a said alliance when the alliance had 70 members.

This is the First time I have actually not reveal who it was, but I think I agree with the suggestion. No recruitment allowed 7 last days of the round would determine a good outcome. Maybe close down exiling too the last 7 days?
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 12:35   #20
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

The problem is that you'll probably end up getting the mail rush before the last week where recruiting can't occur. It's just mail, who cares if you get like even 10 pieces of mail, ignore it or heed it.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 12:40   #21
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

haha Kargool :-)
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 13:09   #22
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Elaborate on this if you would.

Nevertheless, if you make it so people can't recruit in the last 7 days, there will just be a rush to recruit on the last couple days before that pre-set limit is up.

I do think this is a 'we wuz robbed' post.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 13:15   #23
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly

Nevertheless, if you make it so people can't recruit in the last 7 days, there will just be a rush to recruit on the last couple days before that pre-set limit is up.
That's what I said! Nevertheless pa has bigger issues to deal with where the attention should be focused. It would be interesting to see what effect the idea of no last week recruiting would have but I'm just saying it could be a hassle for something that frankly isn't that big.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 13:56   #24
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

I can see this sucking pretty hard for people kicked out of their alliance with 8-9 days to go to make room for "last minute" recruits (or any other reason, really).
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 14:10   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

How about that alliances wont gain score from new members joining 7 days b4 the end?
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 15:06   #26
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ok you made this post because f-crew had already filled their places and got overtaken in the last week?

boo fckin hoo mate, the ability to recruit is there all round and is a tactic every smart alliance uses keeping a few people out of tag to have a surprise finish. And even if the second tier alliances hadnt recuited in the last week and had done so 7 days previous f-crew would still have got overtaken so dont see what youre whining about tbh. Every alliance that recruited played within the game rules and just cos your alliance couldnt play the game to the others level dont go trying to change the game for your own benefit.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 15:25   #27
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I'm missing something here. I don't really see the problem. Could someone explain what the absolutely worst situation that being able to add planets for score throughout the round is, and why it would be bad?
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 19:08   #28
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Firstly for comedy value I like to point out that one of our members got 7 mails wich 6 had the same message about him joining a said alliance when the alliance had 70 members.
Not official ones even if they do exist at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
Elaborate on this if you would.

I do think this is a 'we wuz robbed' post.
A rush before is fine tbh. Means we all have a week to attack those planets and reduce their score rather than have a gaurantied score gain.

Start for the last week F-crew were 4th. Other allies added planets which gained them a fair amount of score despite the fancy limit thing. This changed these allies postions between themselves and F-crew.

Not a "we wuz robbed". Amazingly yet again I am saying something which might benefit the game. On the last day F-crew were also looking for players to recruit that would get us more than our lowest couple (who hadn't logged in for a while) so this is not even a "we are better/more moral than you" post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Ok you made this post because f-crew had already filled their places and got overtaken in the last week?

boo fckin hoo mate, the ability to recruit is there all round and is a tactic every smart alliance uses keeping a few people out of tag to have a surprise finish. And even if the second tier alliances hadnt recuited in the last week and had done so 7 days previous f-crew would still have got overtaken so dont see what youre whining about tbh. Every alliance that recruited played within the game rules and just cos your alliance couldnt play the game to the others level dont go trying to change the game for your own benefit.
Of course I could just not be whining and actually trying to make a change for the better... This does effect all allies not just f-crew. We probably would have been overtaken but having the option to do something about it would have been far better. Never know, there may even have been some form of last week war, something a lot of people seem to want.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 21:31   #29
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

why is this a problem? if it an option for some allies its an option for everyone.
regulating stuff everythere isnt the cure for pa and i gotta say most suggestions and idea you guys have made last week is mostly done in in your own perspective and agenda therefor it is class as bias and ofc useless in the long run.

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 21:52   #30
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

This, robban1, is a minor adjustment for those that like the alliance game. This will not get more new players or stop the loss of players but tweek the game slightly. Not everything done to the game has to have those aims no matter how great the importance.
Looking at sandmans last day ranks it effected all the top 8 alliances, not just mine.
Is wanting to be able to attack someone to reduce the score their alliance has such a bad thing?