User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Feb 2007, 23:33   #1
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
New Planets Signing up

Why do we have to keep new sign ups for 72 hours who havent initated any roids ? these are clearly from people who are trying to sign up into a top 50 or higher galaxy.

Can they not be autodelete them or at least purge them after 24 hours if they havent initated more than 3 roids ? this is called house keeping.

Someone is clearly acting as political correctness police by trawling galaxy names and internal forum boards, so why is it so hard to find 0 roid planets and delete them? You will actually be doing something worthwhile

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 14:44   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: New Planets Signing up

seconded, i'd rather if the game just let us exile straight away though
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 15:18   #3
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

exile straight away is something we strayed while back.
But, over and all, I do agree that 72 hours for someone to be "cleaned" for inactivity is too long of a stretch.

I move to reduce that 72 hours to 48 for unpaid and whatever to 96 hours for paid planets.

Edit: for both, cleaning and exiling purposes.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 15:26   #4
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

I dont think paid planets should be deleted, they should be moved to c200 and dumped their until the owner comes back, or the round ends.
As for unpaid, 48 hours sounds pretty good, you dont sign upto a game and then leave it for 2 days so its probably people who dont like the game or those trying to land in a good gal.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 16:54   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

The stupidity of this is that any other given planet you can toss out in 48 hours, instead of 72 hours in case of a new planet.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 10:16   #6
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk
those trying to land in a good gal.
isn't that multiying? you may have only one account at any time, so a player trying to get into a top gal should delete his/her old planet first.

BTW why should new players get into ANY possible gal? it can be restricted to the middle or lower end of the universe.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 18:13   #7
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician
isn't that multiying? you may have only one account at any time, so a player trying to get into a top gal should delete his/her old planet first.

BTW why should new players get into ANY possible gal? it can be restricted to the middle or lower end of the universe.

Yes it is multiing but they are rarely caught. If you put new planets constantly in the lower half, those galaxies have little chance of picking up a decent active self exile.

Theres nothing more frustating than exilign out say 3 inactive planets to then recieve three new planets all of which dont initiate any roids and u have to wait for protection to finish before exiling them out again.........then repeat the same cycle all over again.

Unread 24 Feb 2007, 23:04   #8
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

tbh, i would disable exile completely. But since not one single person will listen to my reasons for this, im not really inclined to tell why. I tried before, but players tend only to look at their own short sighted and narrowminded view.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 00:48   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
tbh, i would disable exile completely. But since not one single person will listen to my reasons for this, im not really inclined to tell why. I tried before, but players tend only to look at their own short sighted and narrowminded view.
I also think we could well be better off without exile.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 03:40   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

no exile why not, but bring back ingal attacks then...
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 23:05   #11
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I also think we could well be better off without exile.
dunno what game you guys have been playing but somehow pa attract inactives who then rather will sign up a new account until they get a gal they want

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 01:08   #12
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Why should new planets be put in a regular galaxy anyway? I think they should stay in C200 until tick 72 when they will then be added to the universe. This would end the hoping for a better gal with next registration thing.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 01:59   #13
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Why should new planets be put in a regular galaxy anyway? I think they should stay in C200 until tick 72 when they will then be added to the universe. This would end the hoping for a better gal with next registration thing.
Given that we already have a system like this in place pre-shuffle, I'm assuming you mean "for 72 ticks" rather than "until tick 72". Which is a good idea.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 05:42   #14
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Given that we already have a system like this in place pre-shuffle, I'm assuming you mean "for 72 ticks" rather than "until tick 72". Which is a good idea.
Yeah that is precisely what I meant. For the time a new planet is in protection anytime a new planet signs up after the shuffle.

Unread 26 Feb 2007, 10:26   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Yeah that is precisely what I meant. For the time a new planet is in protection anytime a new planet signs up after the shuffle.
the issue is though that while a planet is in protection its owner will get very bored and quit if they don't have a galaxy to talk to. Perhaps though 36 ticks would make sense i.e. time you are normally in a "fake" galaxy before the shuffle

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Feb 2007, 11:20   #16
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Then ffs, think outside the box. Walk them into #planetarion. Make up some story about "Oh, your planet is still a measly rock in an asteroid belt. Initiate some roids to increase your size, and the intergalactic mofo association will have to give you your own place in a less-packed galaxy for safety reasons". And that was thought up in about 30 seconds.

You have to try and cover up the fact that people are playing a text and numbers game, otherwise yes, they will get bored.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 15:27   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

The best way to cover it up is to give them people to interact with - and we cannot relyl on that being on IRC.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Feb 2007, 15:50   #18
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Why not appoint some dedicated members to helping them out then?. Make another irclink on ingame called "Helpline for newcommers" or something, make them then automagically open a new windows where they are directly moved into #starting.pa or something.

Here they could get help with basic crap, like how to init roids, how to do attacks and other things they are curious about.

Thinking people will be bothered anough to read manual is a big mistake, I have never read any of them and i started round 1.|

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 16:26   #19
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
The best way to cover it up is to give them people to interact with - and we cannot relyl on that being on IRC.
If a new player goes into #planetarion, you're telling me you can't rely on there being someone to talk to?

This is exactly your problem - you have just dismissed an idea without thinking of alternatives because its a little bit too much work.

Unread 26 Feb 2007, 16:30   #20
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with Kal, anyone with the phone numbers of PaTeam head members? Surely that is the best way of giving them someone in the know to talk to!
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 18:51   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
If a new player goes into #planetarion, you're telling me you can't rely on there being someone to talk to?

This is exactly your problem - you have just dismissed an idea without thinking of alternatives because its a little bit too much work.
No I didn't dismiss any idea. I suggested that the original idea of putting people in c200 would be better if it was for only 36 ticks as then planets would be treated equally regardless of when they joined the round.

Additionally we should not rely on people being able to use IRC. People should be able to play the game in a casual manner without it.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Feb 2007, 19:24   #22
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

One thing that gets to me is that planets that sign up and get added to the active galaxies straight away. they should start in the 200 gals. Also planets in protection should stay in the c200 gals untill they exit protection. maybe just a seperate c200 galaxt just for new planets in protection, so that they are still connected to the community. If they dont sign in again before they exit protection then they get moved to another c200 galaxy.
This wouldnt be that hard to do as i suppose from tick 0-72 this can occour for everyone. late sign ups will join later so the universe 'expands' rather then just starts.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 11:03   #23
Little Timmy
Winker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy

When you say "players" I guess your talking about the people who have PAID to play the game for their own enjoyment and not to have their round wasted due to others ?

The suggestion made by others about putting people in C200 until they start initiating is a simple solution to a pain in the arse situation.

Unread 27 Feb 2007, 16:08   #24
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Travler's solution is clearly the way forward here. It's neat, simple and, perhaps most importantly, fair to everyone.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 21:38   #25
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

36 ticks or even 24 ticks would be ok with me. Then at least they are only in the galaxy for 48 ticks like any other planet before they can be exiled. If they do not have roids yet then they should stay in c200.

Unread 25 Apr 2007, 19:07   #26
rasputini
Love monkey

rasputini is an unknown quantity at this point

This is STILL a good idea. Any chance of an OP moving this to the Suggestions thread where it belongs?
Unread 28 Apr 2007, 13:46   #27
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Make the planets do quests b4 they are allowed into a real gal... like initiate100 roids, get hct 2, load up the com unit etc...
________
Mflb

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:28.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2007, 16:13   #28
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

omg, i remember when pa had quests, hahaha, what a cool feature \o/
Unread 28 Apr 2007, 17:35   #29
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Clunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura about

Yup, I thought the quests/incentives/tutorial feature was a brilliant idea.
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote