User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Dec 2002, 21:29   #1
Lord_Dain

Ad Free Forums!!!!!!!!!!

/me gazes at AD banner in the top that advertises AD free forums.

/me is amazed

the irony
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 21:47   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Ad Free Forums!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Dain
the irony
i don't see a tiny bit of irony in this "fact"
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 00:58   #3
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see any problem with the banner ads. In fact it's nice to see that they are advertising something which is probably of interest to a good few of us.

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 01:09   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
And, it gives us forums!
That is nice!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 06:41   #5
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
oh lets not start this crap again , first everyone yelled when pa conicdered it then they went and had to sell do to lack of funds. I for one am glad to to put up with banner adds as long as they arnt popups to help support the gaming community those of you who want to bitch either put up the money to stop it or shut up.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 22:30   #6
grkn
Shadow of the past

grkn is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing against normal banners ... but those aren't enough anymore for some advertisment companys, all those nifty JavaScript banners (like this "expanding" crap) are getting into fashion now, also with the crappy ad company that provides the ads for PA boards ...

ZoneAlarms ad-blocking is a nice feature after all, and now guess which page just got a reservation on the "to block" list ...

One OS to rule them all, One Passport to find them,
One OS to bring them all, And with the EULA bind them.
In the land of Redmond where the windows lie.

"...to leave the Elysium the dead had to drink from and travel beyond the River of Oblivion, Lethe, to once again return to the mortal realm..."
grkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 01:35   #7
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be nice if the ad code wasn't buggy. In non internet explorer browsers the ad takes up a huge space until you refersh.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 01:58   #8
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Inf uses a SILLY NON MICROSOFT BROWSER THOUGH. No need to worry for normal users.
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 02:08   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I'm all for the ads... I even suggest ppl click a few, to help support this forum!

I agree that they're a bit crap in Opera though!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 02:12   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ads are becoming more and more different each day.

Its just a shame they are a waste of time for whoever pays to put them up.

Word of mouth / (typing of mouth?) on the internet is worth more than all the banners you can possibly buy.

I dont mind them so much on these forums, slong as they aint popups.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 04:01   #11
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever makes this thing stay alive so that I can come back and rant about the things I for somewhat reason find interesting.

It's OKAY TO BE GAY!!!!!

Matrim