User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Nov 2009, 23:53   #51
tetrac

tetrac will become famous soon enoughtetrac will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting change in politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
My own alliance hit them as well but i doubt it was Visions idea or priority to hit them. So i blame Subh as they did the same old blocking tactic instead of just hitting them by themselves.
Seems more than a little fallacious to blame one alliance for the actions of six.
tetrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2009, 23:59   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Someone initiated it and bears responsibility for it taking place obviously.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:00   #53
tetrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Someone initiated it and bears responsibility for it taking place obviously.
Alliances are responsible for their own actions, nobody elses.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:02   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And if your own actions involve getting others organised in hitting someone you bear responsibility for those actions. Duh.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:04   #55
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrac View Post
Alliances are responsible for their own actions, nobody elses.
Which doesn´t negate the point someone initialising it bears at least greater responsibility for what happens.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:04   #56
tetrac

Quote:
And if your own actions involve getting others organised in hitting someone you bear responsibility for those actions. Duh.
Alliance 1: "Hey can you hit Alliance 2?"

Alliance 3: "No"
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:06   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Alliance 1: "Hey can you hit Alliance 2?"
And look where it started
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:08   #58
tetrac

Quote:
And look where it started
If Alliance 1 told you to jump off a cliff, would you?
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:12   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

No, but if Alliance 1 approached me, told me they had 4 other alliances involved in a night of targeting a big, fat alliance which I couldn't really roid effectively on my own and said that if I joined in I wouldn't get any incs off them for at least one night and possibly longer I might think about it.

I mean seriously you might as well start arguing an alliance HC doesn't initiate a war unless he logs in and sends the first hostile fleet himself. After all he's only telling people to do something!!!
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:20   #60
tetrac

Quote:
I mean seriously you might as well start arguing an alliance HC doesn't initiate a war unless he logs in and sends the first hostile fleet himself. After all he's only telling people to do something!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Defense
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:25   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:34   #62
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I smell a sense of Godwin’s law around somewhere...
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:36   #63
tetrac

Quote:
Well if you want it to call it that be my guest, its just the moral basis for your entire position on the issue :P
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:44   #64
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well if you want it to call it that be my guest, its just the moral basis for your entire position on the issue :P
Nah. I'm something more along the lines of saying Subh are inciting a riot. (I wasn't really doing that either, I'm just saying someone started it off, I don't actually know who for sure but from people's reactions, including your own, it seems reasonable to assume subh did).

You're more like denying Hitler bears any responsibility because all he did was give orders

Either way it's not a question of legal culpability. If you go out and start rabble rousing, get a mob together and go kick the shit out of someone you'd hardly be surprised if they showed up at your door a few days later carrying a really big stick with an unpleasant look on their face.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:49   #65
tetrac

Quote:
Nah. I'm something more along the lines of saying Subh are inciting a riot.

You're more like denying Hitler bears any responsibility because all he did was give orders
Well the difference in this case is that Hitler/German Military is not analogous to the relationship between different alliances in PA.

I'm sure Mussolini would have welcomed you as an advocate though
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:50   #66
tetrac

Quote:
Either way it's not a question of legal culpability. If you go out and start rabble rousing, get a mob together and go kick the shit out of someone you'd hardly be surprised if they showed up at your door a few days later carrying a really big stick with an unpleasant look on their face.
The mob shows up or the victim?
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 00:56   #67
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well the difference in this case is that Hitler/German Military is not analogous to the relationship between different alliances in PA.

I'm sure Mussolini would have welcomed you as an advocate though
I'm not saying Mussolini/Italy bear no responsibility for anything that happened. He/they obviously bear responsibility for what they did. Equally Hitler/Germany bear responsibility for everything they did. In PA, which is a war game and not really analogous to any sort of real life war because in real life we think of wars as a bad thing as we believe killing people is a bad thing as opposed to the entire point of existence, people aren't that interested in who was the nth guy on the bandwagon because usually by that point it makes sense to join in. They're after the person who got them into this mess in the first place.

Whoever started this off bears responsibility for starting it off. This is hardly the world's most outlandish concept.

PS Victim and his mob maybe?
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 01:11   #68
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Mussolini had Tom Lamont, also of Irish decent, but far cooler than JBG.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 01:18   #69
tetrac

Quote:
...people aren't that interested in who was the nth guy on the bandwagon because usually by that point it makes sense to join in. They're after the person who got them into this mess in the first place
Well nobody is in a mess other than Apprime and maybe Subh I guess if the astroturfing campaign to paint them as the villains succeeds
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 01:24   #70
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lets be a bit clearer here:

If I was an HC playing this game and I see a block of A, B, C, D and E organised to hit me and A initiated and organised the whole charade, I'm going to pretty much want to go after A, unless it's militarily insane, in which case I'll be going for one of B, C, D or E until A becomes ripe for the picking. Regardless of which order I choose, A is still the primary target.

To think otherwise would be to suggest that you could blame say, Elysium in a war between (and apologies for using old school analogies here) Fury and Xanadu. None of this should be rocket science.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 12:49   #71
burgess
ePNS HC

burgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura about

It's true, sir. At first I didn't believe you, but your flea market... it is, in fact, quite similar to a mini mall.
"Three days after the event the users of LambdaMOO arranged an online meeting"... "to discuss what should be done about Mr. Bungle. The meeting lasted approximately two hours and forty-five minutes, but no conclusive decisions were made."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_in_Cyberspace

"This latest incident comes in the wake of a February episode in which an ambulating chatbot device created at Caltech was programmed to repeat the phrase "I am a faggot" while locomoting across campus."
burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 15:01   #72
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, this was probably a result of overestimating Apprime's strength this round. I for one, believe that Apprime has handled this amount of incoming effectively in earlier rounds. It either took them by surprise, or they just are not as strong as two rounds ago. Either way, they were set back a few notches and the round is still open.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 15:15   #73
JonnyBGood
Banned

Not really. In round 31 apprime were hit by a block maybe 4 times their size, they were already in first place with an average score and value lead, at a slightly later point in the round as well where activity and skill levels have come more into play, and they were spread out in different gals more so than this round and able to call on extra ingal def.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 15:15   #74
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Haha my god man, is your mother proud of having a child with no brains at all? You seem to forget the fact app was hit by 5 (or 6) alliances. We have 46 people in tag including scanners + useless inactive planets.

HOW EXACTLY WOULD ANY ALLY PLAYING LIKE THAT BE ABLE TO DEF AGAINST INCS LIKE THESE?

We ain't xan, we can't send fake fleets all over the place.
Go eat a brownie! thx
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 15:39   #75
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

1. Round 31 Apprime won. Ergo, hitting them later in the round with less force did not work. It seems logical to me to attack earlier and with better cooperation.

2. @Cain: Don't blame us for the fact that you did not go all xan and you can't fake defense, and that this time you did not to have any hidden out of tag planets (like the other rounds). Also, i did not expect you to handle all this incoming, i just did not expect you to get raped in a record-breaking manner.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 15:49   #76
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
1. Round 31 Apprime won. Ergo, hitting them later in the round with less force did not work. It seems logical to me to attack earlier and with better cooperation.

2. @Cain: Don't blame us for the fact that you did not go all xan and you can't fake defense, and that this time you did not to have any hidden out of tag planets (like the other rounds). Also, i did not expect you to handle all this incoming, i just did not expect you to get raped in a record-breaking manner.
Round 30 Asc won. Ergo, we should hit them now before its toooooooo late!

Your comparing a 46 tagged alliance currently not even ranked top5.. with the r31 version of apprime? lol.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 15:55   #77
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Round 30 Asc won. Ergo, we should hit them now before its toooooooo late!

Your comparing a 46 tagged alliance currently not even ranked top5.. with the r31 version of apprime? lol.
Don't get me wrong, i would not have a single problem with hitting Asc exactly the same way Apprime got hit, but let's take it one alliance at a time

And no, I was comparing this rounds Apprime to the eXilition that played with 40 something players and still won at the end of the round. But you are right on the last bit: LOL.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 16:16   #78
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Actually what r31 should have taught people is to summon up some balls and actually try playing pa instead of relying on outnumbering your opponent to get the job done because usually those numbers you're relying on really don't give a **** about you or your alliance.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 16:29   #79
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
And no, I was comparing this rounds Apprime to the eXilition that played with 40 something players and still won at the end of the round.
was that the rd they had to merge right at the end of the rd to secure the win ?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 16:40   #80
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Actually what r31 should have taught people is to summon up some balls and actually try playing pa instead of relying on outnumbering your opponent to get the job done because usually those numbers you're relying on really don't give a **** about you or your alliance.
Of course, why had no one thought about stepping up their PA game instead of blocking against an enemy superior activitywise. Damn!
One on one is not going to work. I could step up my basketball game all i can, i still will lose against Lebron one on one. One on one, activity wins, and we know that Apprime and Ascendancy have the most active players. So you have to find other ways of balancing the sides.

Now, i am not saying that we need to gangbang the shit out of Apprime. As I said, the gangbang was a result of overestimating their strength. Tonight it was just a normal night of Subh fighting Apprime. Subh has more numbers, Apprime has more activity. It seems an even fight at the moment.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 16:43   #81
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
was that the rd they had to merge right at the end of the rd to secure the win ?
If you call winning by 23m score with 15 less members "securing the win", yes.
EDIT: My point is, round after round i see people bitching about why noone hit Apprime or Ascendancy until it was too late.
This round, it actually was done. Granted, it was overdone, but it was probably necessary or else we would have another round where the winner is decided 3 weeks before the round ends.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 16:48   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Of course, why had no one thought about stepping up their PA game instead of blocking against an enemy superior activitywise. Damn!
One on one is not going to work. I could step up my basketball game all i can, i still will lose against Lebron one on one. One on one, activity wins, and we know that Apprime and Ascendancy have the most active players. So you have to find other ways of balancing the sides.

Now, i am not saying that we need to gangbang the shit out of Apprime. As I said, the gangbang was a result of overestimating their strength. Tonight it was just a normal night of Subh fighting Apprime. Subh has more numbers, Apprime has more activity. It seems an even fight at the moment.
Numbers have never worked. Ever. All that happens is that you piss people off and then they **** you up. Unless you can convince your own members they're good enough to beat apprime or whoever you're not going to beat them. Unless you think that at some point you're going to be able to hold them off you won't. If you didn't think 20% more alliance value was good enough for this then let's be honest, you don't deserve to win. You just want an easy ride and, frankly, that's pretty pathetic.

Incidentally r31 was won by ascendancy. You're talking about r32, which apprime won by 9 million score. They ended that round with 6 fewer members than the #2/#3 alliances as they had some members deleted.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 17:12   #83
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Numbers have never worked. Ever. All that happens is that you piss people off and then they **** you up. Unless you can convince your own members they're good enough to beat apprime or whoever you're not going to beat them. Unless you think that at some point you're going to be able to hold them off you won't. If you didn't think 20% more alliance value was good enough for this then let's be honest, you don't deserve to win. You just want an easy ride and, frankly, that's pretty pathetic.

Incidentally r31 was won by ascendancy. You're talking about r32, which apprime won by 9 million score. They ended that round with 6 fewer members than the #2/#3 alliances as they had some members deleted.
I disagree on the numbers have never worked part. Or at least partly.
eXilition didn't beat 1up just on pure skill. It was always a question of skill AND numbers. Either how many allies you have, or how many enemies you pnap, but somehow you need the upper hand.

As far as your "deserve to win" comment, we might as well the give up, because let's be honest, if we have to compare alliances one on one by skill / activity, no alliance deserves to win against Apprime this round. However, i think subh can win, obviously with some help. Of course it's also just as probable that subh will not win and will get raped just as Apprime did.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 17:17   #84
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I disagree on the numbers have never worked part. Or at least partly.
eXilition didn't beat 1up just on pure skill. It was always a question of skill AND numbers. Either how many allies you have, or how many enemies you pnap, but somehow you need the upper hand.
Oh sure, the numbers need to be there sometimes. No matter how great I think I am at pa I'm pretty sure I can't beat fifteen people on my own. But all those alliances actually believed in their ability to win. But it doesn't work unless you can do the work that's required to get your own alliance to the win. You can take the horse to water and such.

Quote:
As far as your "deserve to win" comment, we might as well the give up, because let's be honest, if we have to compare alliances one on one by skill / activity, no alliance deserves to win against Apprime this round. However, i think subh can win, obviously with some help. Of course it's also just as probable that subh will not win and will get raped just as Apprime did.
They're not as good as you think. Most alliances aren't. A lot of what I used to do with ascendancy was try to keep up the idea that hitting us just wasn't going to work out for you no matter what you did. Truth be told it was the only way you could beat us. You just have to use the truth enough to create the right image in the other guy's head.

Put it this way. If you were all twenty times the size of apprime on average I'm sure you wouldn't need any help to beat them right? Pure value would just do the trick. So how far ahead do you need to be?
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 17:24   #85
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Put it this way. If you were all twenty times the size of apprime on average I'm sure you wouldn't need any help to beat them right? Pure value would just do the trick. So how far ahead do you need to be?
At this moment? Not far ahead enough. Also taking into account that late signups will be filling Apprime's fortresses soon enough, and that Apprime has lots of space in their tag to recruit players.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 17:30   #86
JonnyBGood
Banned

Recruited players don't generate significant amounts of score. Are you honestly saying there's no score you guys could have right now that would make you confident of beating apprime?
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 17:36   #87
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Of course there is a point where the difference in value would give us confidence of beating apprime. How big this difference should be? No idea, all i know is that at the moment it's not enough. And late sign ups can quickly get up to speed when left unchecked sitting in fortress galaxies. We have seen that last rounds, where lots of late sign ups have easily ended top 100.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 18:03   #88
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

The end result is, if you need 5 other alliances to hit Apprime.. whats going to happen in 2-3 weeks when no-one else can be bothered and you're left alone with them (if they are strong enough to regrow)?

Numbers very rarely works, as you need to hold them all together for as long as possible.. which usually doesnt work as its not in every other alliances interests.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 18:21   #89
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ignoring the fact you got the round wrong, you're still completely wrong. Noone put any concerted effort into attacking Apprime that round later in the round, the only attempts were with numbers early in the round.

It can be very easy to spread rumours and fear and persuade other alliances to team up with you to take out another alliance. The problem is, once you've done that, if you do it too early, there is always time for them to catch back up. And your friends will always be less willing to have a repeat gangbang (for one because you're now the ones in front) and so you end up getting raped yourselves (see what JBG was saying about the victim and the mob turning back up at your door step).

Using numbers early is not a winning tactic, it's just full of fail and one created by fear. If you can't come up with a better strategy, you don't deserve to win, regardless of player quality.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 18:36   #90
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
If you guys seriously thought that apprime was a threat for #1 then you were making mistakes anyway. A 60 man Ally would have out grown them just by numbers. Its not that hard of a concept to understand. But since you "blocked" the universe its gona be another Stupid round.

Just man up and start playing with some balls.
How long have you been playing pa exactly? Your forum account was registered a year ago, so I ask myself what makes you so qualified to come up with a better strategy for PA than the HC of the allies in question.

Do you really think that with your handful of rounds of experience that you can accurately predict how a round is going, better even than people like Pommeh and Steinmetz and Buddah? I'm quite sure they're better qualified to run their respective alliances than you would ever be.

Perhaps having your planetname in blue is the largest leadership position PA has in store for you

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 Nov 2009 at 19:45.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 18:43   #91
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

So some one got ass raped, big deal someone else will get ass raped when another person or group of people get hungry, keep it fluid keep it fun
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 18:48   #92
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Using numbers early is not a winning tactic, it's just full of fail and one created by fear. If you can't come up with a better strategy, you don't deserve to win, regardless of player quality.
Using numbers this early in the round afaik has never been done. Not lately, Every single round people have put off attacking the strongest alliance until it's too late to do anything. So, really, if you have been in a round like this where you can talk from experience, please refer me to it. On the other hand, i can name a couple of rounds specially somewhere between Round 4 and Round 6, where it was all about the numbers, eg: Legion+Titans+Virus+Fang+ToT... vs Nos+Xanadu+Elysium+..., bigger block wins, simple as that.

If you say we don't deserve to win bc we just gangbanged Apprime, so be it. It won't change a thing if we do win. Actually, if we do win, it's because we deserved it. And if we lose, it will also be because we deserved it. So in the end, your high ground attitude toward this game is just a waste.

Also, nobody said we intended to win by holding a block 5 times Apprimes size until Apprime is leveled to the ground. And if we somehow managed to hold a block long enough to get rid of our main competitor and win in the end, then of course that feat alone would also make us deserving of the win.

In the end politics will determine the end of the round. Being #1 alliance is also a guarantee that at one point or another we will get hit by more than one alliance. If you acknowledge that in the end this game is won by numbers and activity, then the politics are all about getting better numbers to match against a more active adversary, or by trying to avoid others to gather enough numbers to overrun your activity, something Asc have been very good at.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 18:53   #93
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Using numbers this early in the round afaik has never been done. Not lately, Every single round people have put off attacking the strongest alliance until it's too late to do anything.
hello r31
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 19:04   #94
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

You've just to remember, the vast majority of those numbers arnt looking after your interests and can turn on you in a moments notice. You've organised the block, it only takes one HC to turn it against you next
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 19:28   #95
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I agree that the numbers were abit ott. But, its not like this was a long ongoing effort. It was 1 night of roiding apprime gals which were fat at the time. Last night, Subh again had incs from all in the "block". I didnt see the need to do at this stage, but when its done, its not like this ****ed over apprime. They got roided 1 night, not the first time in history.

I remember ages back when we were roided to the stoneage by 4 out of 5 top alliances in omen. ( nd / insomnia and 1up atleast ). Had about the same losses as this, just that it happened more than 1 night

Lets see what happens, interesting to follow though. Atm people are still having fun and launching fleets in Subh. If people get a bit more active and stop sucking, we might have a shot in the end! I do fear asc and apprime allying as it looks atm though. 3 joint FCs in one day. Round winners the past 2 rounds vs Subh might also be a bit ott the other way?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 19:56   #96
JonnyBGood
Banned

Pre multi-targeting is pretty much impossible to compare to the current format. In r23 exi/VS put a bunch of -20% nights on different alliances but it's a lot harder now due to multi-targeting require a lot more teamups etc. Also pretty sure it was just 1up/insomnia hitting omen in r17 man and then everyone else vulturing in and ND joining in later but it was pretty much all over then anyways. I can't really remember that well however so maybe not. You actually lost most of the roids you lost (15k) in one day though! And obviously you were second as opposed to seventh.
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 20:07   #97
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Pre multi-targeting is pretty much impossible to compare to the current format. In r23 exi/VS put a bunch of -20% nights on different alliances but it's a lot harder now due to multi-targeting require a lot more teamups etc. Also pretty sure it was just 1up/insomnia hitting omen in r17 man and then everyone else vulturing in and ND joining in later but it was pretty much all over then anyways. I can't really remember that well however so maybe not. You actually lost most of the roids you lost (15k) in one day though! And obviously you were second as opposed to seventh.
several points there which worth mentioning here idd.
it was more than those 2 alliances. was 3 or 4 alliances who organized it.
But that was also the case of several alliances teaming on one alliance cause they didnt "like" them after Keizari had ran Omen politics
Cardi isnt exactly mr. populare either, which might be why alliances were easy to get to join in the gangbang.

And yes, the round was pretty much over then. Still beyond me how Sid managed to get 3rd and 4th alliance with #1 alliance to hit #2 alliance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 20:11   #98
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You've just to remember, the vast majority of those numbers arnt looking after your interests and can turn on you in a moments notice. You've organised the block, it only takes one HC to turn it against you next
However, it's not a block.
It was a one night hit on apprime. Their main gals was fat, and to get the best success rate (both roidgain and roidloss) it was so much easier to just take all 4 at once.

However, I don't feel bad for apprime at all, nor do i feel guilty for attacking one of their gals. Why should I?

We gained 7.5% roids yesterday, not a bad day for us.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 20:11   #99
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
several points there which worth mentioning here idd.
it was more than those 2 alliances. was 3 or 4 alliances who organized it.
But that was also the case of several alliances teaming on one alliance cause they didnt "like" them after Keizari had ran Omen politics
Cardi isnt exactly mr. populare either, which might be why alliances were easy to get to join in the gangbang.

And yes, the round was pretty much over then. Still beyond me how Sid managed to get 3rd and 4th alliance with #1 alliance to hit #2 alliance.
it was ND/Insomnia/1up hitting Omen. Can't account for other randoms, but they were the only organised alliances.

The reason we hit you guys and signed a NAP with 1up was Omens political play that round...we have been round and round that area many times so i don't want to rerepeat it

That round you guys were very good defensively, and all of the Insomnia command that round had alot of respect for you for how you held your own on the battlefield =)

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2009, 20:16   #100
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you say we don't deserve to win bc we just gangbanged Apprime, so be it. It won't change a thing if we do win. Actually, if we do win, it's because we deserved it. And if we lose, it will also be because we deserved it.
Also, nobody said we intended to win by holding a block 5 times Apprimes size until Apprime is leveled to the ground. And if we somehow managed to hold a block long enough to get rid of our main competitor and win in the end, then of course that feat alone would also make us deserving of the win.
I didn't say you don't deserve to win because you gangbanged Apprime, I said you don't deserve to if that's the only trick you can pull out of your sleeve. And yes, deserving is a bad word to use as it has been debated on these forums to no end: what I meant was that if you won, you deserved to win, but you won't win if this is the only strategy you have. While maintaining a block long enough to thoroughly remove another alliance's chances of victory is a feat in itself, I believe not even Ascendancy have the political fiddle to play alliances to their song that long.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote