User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jan 2006, 08:48   #1
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all
A PA Chess ladder

I know it's not every ones cup-o tea but personally I love Chess. I'm certainly not a great player but I want to improve. I got speaking to a likely lad on IRC (lo HaNzI ) and we thought it might be an idea to do a Planetarion Chess ladder

Everyone is welcome to play no matter how good you are. The idea is simple a certain amount of people play and after everyones played a couple of games we create a ladder depending on the outcome of your games. To progress up the ladder you challenge the person above you for a game and if you win you move up in rank - That's pretty obvious really

Even if you cannot play and want to learn this is absolutely ideal because I am more than happy to help anyone learn the basics and then we can move on from there If you are interested in playing or would like to discuss it or give ideas please reply. I am going to also register #chess so we can get together and discuss erm.... the chess ladder

Thank you!

oh btw we can all agree on a suitable site / or use msn or whatever you feel is most user friendly
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 08:59   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: A PA Chess ladder

I might take a look when there are enough people and when I can find the time and I might bring nother ex-pa player whose rather competent.

Yahoo chess is pretty okay-ish to play on.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 09:59   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeh I'd like to play chess against people.
The problem is arranging mutual times etc.

EDIT oh and in before someone mentions a Go Ladder

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!

Last edited by Ste; 26 Jan 2006 at 10:04.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 10:02   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Sure i wouldnt mind this. I like chess, though i am not particularly good i will strive to enhance my abilities
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 10:18   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

count me in. i think i still have a yahoo-games account somewhere.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 10:19   #6
MasterAir

MasterAir has a spectacular aura aboutMasterAir has a spectacular aura aboutMasterAir has a spectacular aura about

I'd give it a go. Sounds like a giggle.
MasterAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 10:35   #7
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Im up for it
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 10:37   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in aswell, been a while since i played a good game of chess

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 10:53   #9
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Brilliant to see such a good response, I'm going to wait a day or two just to give some more people the chance to post then if we can match up what time people are online we can set up the first round of Games. I can be on at any time to play near enough so long as I'm not working.
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 11:04   #10
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Doing a 'beet-the-person-above-you' ladder sounds like a bad idea though, since you have to schedule a match with that specific guy. Much better to use one of the real ladders out there.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 11:16   #11
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Ooh, chess. I'll play.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 11:47   #12
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Oooh sounds good - count me in. I'm not exactly brilliant but I'll give it a go! I have a yahoo games account I think.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 12:15   #13
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

sure, ill play, yahoo chess seems an ok client to use
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 12:26   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'm in
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 14:47   #15
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 15:41   #16
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

ok brilliant, I've randomly put together some of the first fixtures. It doesn't matter if you're not great I'm certainly not, it'll be fun and hopefully we can get some sort of competition going that will help everyone improve a bit

Here is the draw: we should try to get these games played by the weekend so we can all check up, once you have played your game please post the result here. I suggest playing without a time limit too because this will give the less experienced players time to make their moves without feeling rushed. I've also downloaded yahoo messenger and it seems like a good choice of game host.

Ste vs Veedeejem!
Isildurx vs KoeN
CutTooth vs MasterAir
Smudge vs Veedeejem!
Apothos vs Obliterate
Alki vs Tomkat
Blastoderm vs TBA (To Be Announced)

If I have missed anyone I apologise it wasn't on purpose and we can add you in as the list increases, to chat about this etc you can find me in #chess although we havent got P yet but the little baby is on his way

Has anyone got any bright ideas on how to tabulate the results - we could have a seperate thread purely for the ladder?
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 15:44   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Objection!

I don't have irc. I also work on the weekends from morning till evening. Got a solution?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 15:47   #18
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

sure, irc isn't essential, as long as you can PM via these boards the person and organise the game that way, or we can find you somebody who can play the hours that you're free..

Edit: I meant isnt essential
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 15:50   #19
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Why is there two Veedeejems?
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 16:03   #20
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

ooopss hehe, well what we should do is find the most flexible out of those 3 people and fit it in so Blastoderm can play if convenient, If not I can be on at any time to play.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 16:05   #21
isildurx

Ehm, why not just give Blasto one of Veedeejems spots? :|
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 16:13   #22
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Yup thats really what I was trying to articulate just having trouble got a serious case of brain freeze been awake too long. If you're happy with this here is revised fixtures:

Ste vs Veedeejem!
Isildurx vs KoeN
CutTooth vs MasterAir
Smudge vs Blastoderm
Apothos vs Obliterate
Alki vs Tomkat

Again any trouble organizing a conveninet time between you then pls post and I'll try to help resolve it
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 16:46   #23
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

So why am I not included?
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:03   #24
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll play, but I won't win
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:11   #25
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

SilverSmoke sorry pal I knew I'd forget someone. sorry
SilverSmoke vs Furball
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:29   #26
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Count me in aswell, been a while since i played a good game of chess
You'll probably have to wait a while longer then

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:31   #27
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
You'll probably have to wait a while longer then
Does that mean i have to start practicing?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:37   #28
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

I'd be in as well
there are some progs that are used even by the professionals to play chess via internet - I gonna ask the teacher who organises the chess-club at my school about it (if i remember correct you are able to play even if only one is online - as the pros have matches of ~6h and the internet bill would be too expensive for them as they dont know of flatrates). I might be able to give it to you as well then.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:53   #29
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

maybe we should start an irc channel where contenders can meet up and arranga a time/day to play their match?

Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:54   #30
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

#chess we're just waiting for P
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 19:06   #31
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Objection!

I don't have irc. I also work on the weekends from morning till evening. Got a solution?
What do you mean you don't have IRC? Your ISP blocks it or you don't want to get on IRC?

Also I'm in.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 19:42   #32
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

i'm in.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 19:45   #33
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Updated fixtures. join #chess to see whats going down

Ste vs Veedeejem!
Isildurx vs KoeN
CutTooth vs MasterAir
Smudge vs Blastoderm
Apothos vs Obliterate
Alki vs Tomkat
SilverSmoke vs Furball
s|k vs Zar
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 19:46   #34
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Does that mean i have to start practicing?
Unfortunately it means I do.

"Knobbly thing to queens bishop 4"

Unread 26 Jan 2006, 19:49   #35
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

count me in bit rusty but willing to play whenver I have time
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 19:50   #36
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Red face Re: A PA Chess ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Unfortunately it means I do.

"Knobbly thing to queens bishop 4"
like giving your knobbly thing to bishops do you ? hmm? hmm?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 19:57   #37
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

The bishop visited my church once, he was an imposter, never once moved diagonally
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 20:06   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
The bishop visited my church once, he was an imposter, never once moved diagonally
So I hear.
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 01:57   #39
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

This thread needs 1-X

PS Apothos, when do you wanna play our match?
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 02:34   #40
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

in
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 07:02   #41
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
PS Apothos, when do you wanna play our match?
Whenever. :)
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 17:24   #42
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

i saw a few fags i dont like on this list, and would be fun to challenge them...

the people i wanna play (i dont care about the outcome)
* a german or a french person.
*appocomaster
*smudge
*any hc of any alliance.

oh, yea... count me in!
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 17:39   #43
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchleaf
i saw a few fags i dont like on this list, and would be fun to challenge them...

the people i wanna play (i dont care about the outcome)
* a german or a french person.
*appocomaster
*smudge
*any hc of any alliance.

oh, yea... count me in!
Let's not let this person play. ;|
Unread 29 Jan 2006, 02:39   #44
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Hello friends and (foe) Theory has put together a website for us to use to record the leaderboard. the website is: http://www.theos.me.uk/chess/

Before we can really get this going we need to agree on some basic rules. Such as the duration of matches what happens if a player gets disconnected - should they be punished in the rankings? Or forgiven? or should the person that was ahead on pieces take the game?

These are factors that we need to discuss both here and in #chess

Once we have these basics agreed upon its chess time!!
btw: Spoke to a few people on irc about this and the common agreed game duration is 30 mins per player to make moves. Please discuss.

As always send my love to your mum
Unread 29 Jan 2006, 10:45   #45
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Tooth
Before we can really get this going we need to agree on some basic rules. Such as the duration of matches what happens if a player gets disconnected - should they be punished in the rankings? Or forgiven? or should the person that was ahead on pieces take the game?
30 mins seems generally allowable for a game - most games probably won't go on for much longer than that. I doubt that if people are at the end of a game they'll stop at 30 minutes if it's going to be 5 minutes, but some sort of "30 mins unless otherwise agreed" rule would be fine.

W.R.T. the disconnect thing, if there's a rematch if they get disconnected, then people will ping out left right and centre after making silly moves.
Yahoo allows the game to stop if the person disappears, and as soon as they're logged back in they can rejoin (and I know a lot of people are using yahoo to play).
I'm not sure how the scoring system is generally, but if a match is discontinued / restarted then I think the person who logged off should lose something - same if someone has to leave half way through a game, no matter the position (get into a winning position, say you have to leave, etc).