User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 23:32   #1
Wraithofwar

Question ASP wont open in IE

Hello , I have been having a problem when after making asp's with interdev . After I put all the asp/html code in , I save it , then try to view in browser . Everytime I try to view the asp in internet explorer , it pops the "Save file to..." window , as if I was trying to download some dll , or some other file . I run on windowsXP and have IIS .I should be able to run asp on my server , but it just wont do it . I suspect that the problem comes from the IIS deffinitions . Can someone help me with this please?
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 10:22   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Make sure you have .asp as extension and make sure you connect with "http://" prefixed to the address you are trying to connect to (I assume localhost) Perhaps you even have to add the port because "localhost" is sometimes a biatch to connect to with a local server (the name "localhost").

Try connecting to:

http://127.0.0.1:80
or
http://127.0.0.1

If it still doesn't work... well... I dunno. Check if IIS is set to enable scripting and do a reboot to make sure changes are in place (though they usuall are right after setting them).
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 17:51   #3
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
One of two things has happend here (in my opinion at least).

1) (Most probable) Interdev has taken association for ASP pages on the local machine so IE no longer tries to process them. You will need to change it back (Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types).

2) Your IIS configuration has changed so it is no longer sending the correct MIME type for .asp pages. Obviously a quick check of the registered types in IIS Manager will show this.