User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jun 2003, 15:46   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Internet Explorer Sizing

For many years I have experienced the problem of IE opening up as a non-maximized format.

Its hard to explain, I want Internet Explorer to openm up maximised each time it is open, instead of me having to maximise it each time.

It bugs me but is not the end of the world.

Thanks

Dan (The Guy Who lives Here)

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 16:25   #2
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
My IE opens in the state it was when I last closed it. If i close it maximised, it opens maximised next time.
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 16:26   #3
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Raging.Retard
My IE opens in the state it was when I last closed it. If i close it maximised, it opens maximised next time.
Thats the problem, mine/ours doesn't.

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 16:33   #4
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Minty
Thats the problem, mine/ours doesn't.
Try some registry settings...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document Windows\

Maximised = 'yes'.
height = 00 00 00 00.
width = 00 00 00 80.
x = 00 00 00 80.
y = 00 00 00 00.

Is a copy of my settings, and they open maximised each time.
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 16:43   #5
Minty
Who?

will give it a shot
hopefully it works

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:27   #6
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
whats so important about it showing up maximized. :/ TALK ABOUT LAZYNESS.
You could create a homepage that uses javascript to resize the browser . But that would be the hard way. :/
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 23:19   #7
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Make sure the shotcut doesn't have settings to open non-maximized.
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 02:05   #8
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
i think i know about your problem... it's not the first instance of ie that causes the problem, but the 2nd and so on.
the windows get smaller and smaller.
i remember there are some tools out there, like "maxIE" or something like that, dunno the exact name.
but they do exactly what you want, maximize every ie window at once.

prolly best to google for it

it bugs me too, but my lazyness always kept me from looking for those tools.....
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 10:07   #9
Minty
Who?

Quote:
Originally posted by Raging.Retard
Try some registry settings...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document Windows\

Maximised = 'yes'.
height = 00 00 00 00.
width = 00 00 00 80.
x = 00 00 00 80.
y = 00 00 00 00.

Is a copy of my settings, and they open maximised each time.
That is correct to a certain degree

But say I have a shortcut on my desktop, these settings do not apply.

<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Game> Minty rocks