User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:06   #1
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Are we going too far?

My group of friends are all upper sixth form, approaching 18 years old. Now, we used to go drinking every other weekend. Then it turned into every weekend. A few months ago it turned into occasional weekday drinking. The 2 weeks or so we have been going to the pub during school time. One mate actually had 8 pints then went to a music lesson. Are we going too far I ask you. It's getting a bit harsh on the wallet :/
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:09   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
STOP NOW SAYS THE LIVER
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:12   #3
Idi

Re: Are we going too far?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
My group of friends are all upper sixth form, approaching 18 years old. Now, we used to go drinking every other weekend. Then it turned into every weekend. A few months ago it turned into occasional weekday drinking. The 2 weeks or so we have been going to the pub during school time. One mate actually had 8 pints then went to a music lesson. Are we going too far I ask you. It's getting a bit harsh on the wallet :/
poof.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:12   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
parties > pubs without a doubt

why meet new people if your happy with those you have?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:13   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Who goes to a pub to meet new people anyway?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:13   #6
Sub
Banned

Parties aren't so easy during the school day :/
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:15   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
men go to pubs to pull hairy legged women with slight moustaches who drink too much beer. IT IS NOT A WOMANS DRINK DAMMIT
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:15   #8
Lazarus

When i realised that:

- I was getting absolutely blind drunk at home on my own 4 nights a week

and

- Only once a fortnight was i actually drinking with friends

and

- This had been going on for a while

and

- I was missing most of my Classes because of my hangovers

I thought i might have a bit of a drinking problem.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:22   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
parties dont have to be big

i have a friend who just has a small group over every saturday unless theres something else going on. we get plastered in her attic, play loud music, smoke cannabis, and have a good time without breaking the bank. Two cheap bottles of wine costs me <£5.

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:23   #10
Lazarus

That's not really a party tho Def. It's more of a get together.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:25   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

its 15 or so people, drinking, smoking, listening to music and passing out in a warm place

party or no party, it > pub.

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:25   #12
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Good lord.

How many people die from liver failure in England again?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:27   #13
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
How many people die from liver failure in England again?

Less than the number that die from liver failure in Scotland.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:28   #14
Sub
Banned

We have parties, but NOT DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. Organising a party at 2pm isn't very easy.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:28   #15
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
parties dont have to be big

i have a friend who just has a small group over every saturday unless theres something else going on. we get plastered in her attic, play loud music, smoke cannabis, and have a good time without breaking the bank. Two cheap bottles of wine costs me <£5.
Deffeh,
Can you invite me? I will bring a couple of bottles of Riesling and promise not to talk about politics.

What kind of music do you listen to?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:31   #16
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
We have parties, but NOT DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. Organising a party at 2pm isn't very easy.
Really? Just say you're going to buy a keg, and tell everyone you come across about it and where it is.

People will show up. Guaranteed. Especially if it's good beer.

You'll be suprised how many people come.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:32   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
Deffeh,
Can you invite me? I will bring a couple of bottles of Riesling and promise not to talk about politics.

What kind of music do you listen to?
heh

the music im afraid is not mostly to my liking. Motley crew, metallica, guns n roses are the main players, with some occasional ratm, chillies, early offspring, greenday and weezer

Bit ****, really, but i suppose my music taste isnt exactly party inducing. No one wants to chill to billy joel apparently

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 06:34   #18
Varangian
Proscribed Citizen 3141

Varangian is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Go for it

It's not the things you do so much as the things you don't that you will regret later.
The Universe wouldn't have provided us with so very many way to party unles it meant for us to use them
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 06:39   #19
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Do whatever you'd like. You only live once. But remember, before you grow old, shoot yourself in the head to skip the agony.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 06:41   #20
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
When i grow up want to be Lazarus (or Elftor)
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 07:22   #21
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
we kinda did that quite a bit as well, i always enjoyed the looks from other younger pupils / staff when walking back in smelling of cigs and beer
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 08:19   #22
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Auro
Do whatever you'd like. You only live once. But remember, before you grow old, shoot yourself in the head to skip the agony.
With this pace, I'd recommend an early 40's Desert Eagle. Buy one while they are still available in some places. Makes good mess. Quick ease.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 16:43   #23
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
nah my days of college involve doing that, plus weed, plus whatever else happens. generally im more ****ed than that most days, im lower sixth and still getting a's and b's
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 16:47   #24
Sub
Banned

The way I see it, by the time I'm old enough to need a liver transplant they will be able to clone them.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:10   #25
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Re: Are we going too far?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Sounds perfectly healthy to me. It will die down slowly as you get older.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:14   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

You are very likely already alcoholics, and will most likely fail all your subjects, and live out the rest of you lives being one of those strange people who live in bus and train stations mumbling at people, like Kura.

Seek help.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:23   #27
Sub
Banned

(un?)Fortunately we are all A grade students.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:28   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
(un?)Fortunately we are all A grade students.
So was Kura, for a time.

The he discovered Tixylix.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:56   #29
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
we kinda did that quite a bit as well, i always enjoyed the looks from other younger pupils / staff when walking back in smelling of cigs and beer
SENOR MCALEA!

And that other bloke.

And I never had the opportunity to get the pub during lesson time, with the exception of once, when no other bastard came with and I was sitting staring at a pint for an hour on my lonesome.

I LOVE THE ROSE
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:56   #30
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
and weezer
weezer are the bestest party band ever!
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 22:23   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
we were the same when i was 18, but we all had jobs, at my worst/best, i was spending £500/£600 a month on alcohol, and this went on for the whole of upper sixth.
I look back on my A levels, and wonder how the **** i passed.

(as a side note, i only passed with E's across the board, but as this still got me into UMIST i didnt care\o/)