User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 May 2005, 19:03   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Farscape... The Peacekeeper Wars

A selection of people here will recollect that Farscape was axed in-order to subsidise Stargate (heh). There was a no. of people here who were rather disappointed, frustrated and saddened by the astonishing news. Two one and a half hour features were made to form the three hours of footage, producing a mini-series entitled "The Peacekeeper Wars". I have just gained viewing into this and have spent the last three hours glued to my screen. It was breathtaking, especially for anyone who followed it. Whether into it or not (such as Kura iirc.), this is something to at least approve of and respect for it marks the end of an immense run of series.

Rather than go into any major spoilers, a general brief that this is more passionate, powerful and gob smacking than any previous episode with an abundance of climax's that I did not feel ruined the atmosphere. The death of a character is “reborn” although not in its entirety but anew and the beautiful ending, reminiscent of the glaring sun ending in the Matrix, was a typical Farscape ending.

I am concluding this post on an optimistic high. I do not expect people to be entertained by what I have written but rather, I'd like to announce my admiration and urge people to view the Peacekeeper Wars even to the extent of tedium for the non-fans amid this community. Edit: Apothos has informed that it has aired on Sky One. Hopefully this will air on BBC 2 at some point like the series used to be aired.

Thank-you for reading.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores

Last edited by Androme; 25 May 2005 at 19:24.
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 19:14   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Farscape... The Peacekeeper Wars

They've been aired on SkyOne twice.
Unread 25 May 2005, 19:17   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I really liked Farscape for the first series or so, hence my name, but then i thought it went a bit crap . Would be cool to see this mini-series though .
Unread 25 May 2005, 19:40   #4
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

die. die now

(yeah PK Wars were nice )
Unread 26 May 2005, 00:41   #5
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I didn't like it when it showed on Sky One. I wondered why I was watching that pile of turd and even so, why I had actually recorded it on tape. I did watch both parts however but couldnt get into it. I thought it was dismal and it made me think I was lucky to not have watched the series before.

In contrast, I much preferred Firefly.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 09:29   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
wasn't farscape one of those cheap sci-fi thingys that lasted for about five mintues after they realised such TV was strictly for 3AM in the morning........
If by "five minutes" you mean "4 series of 22 episodes and a miniseries", then yes!

Farscape isn't that bad, although the first season or two is.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 20:49   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

There are influences from Lion King, Liverpool, Lord of The Rings... at least moments reminiscent from these films. More than enough to appeal most disgrunted people.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote