User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2009, 06:28   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
What stats for r34 ?

With r33 near the end it's time to think of r34 stats. Who's going to make the set ?
My critics about r33 is it was very difficult to land solo, covering was too easy unless faced with massive waves. Do we want to keep that for next round or do we want stats which enable players to attack one on one (as in r32).
For the stats and the way strategy and politics played, I find this round the most boring ever. Stats alone won't solve the problem but they can help.
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 06:52   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What stats for r34 ?

As usual, I suggest we revert to one of JBG's sets over the last few rounds, allow him to tweak them and then stop ****ing about with a new set of stats every round. That all assumes he even wants to, of course.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 08:46   #3
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I actually like the concept of new stats every few rounds.
It creates diversity, and a bit more to the gameplay than "same old, same old"..
And if someone can't figure out the "good" race, it's their own damn fault.

I'm not saying we should play horrific unbalanced stats, but mixing up the stats once in a while is pretty awesome.

Proud to be Newdawn

Last edited by SteInMetz; 15 Oct 2009 at 08:52. Reason: typo
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 08:46   #4
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
As usual, I suggest we revert to one of JBG's sets over the last few rounds, allow him to tweak them and then stop ****ing about with a new set of stats every round. That all assumes he even wants to, of course.
I agree!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 08:59   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Appoco is doing the stats. This round he might even get a complete set together before havoc is finished.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 09:24   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Sod that , use jbg's rd 30 stats with some minor tweaks

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 10:33   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I would say give JBG another crack at the stats at some point if not for r34
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 11:09   #8
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Any stats would work for me as long as I can play zik.
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 12:32   #9
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Just destroy ETD and Cath

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 13:47   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so next set of stats wont be based on r33 statset?
When will we get a glimpse of the new set?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 15:00   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Prob bout an hr before ticks start

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 18:01   #12
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Appoco is doing them so I guess cath and etd will be great as usual.

I'd prefer to have to just adjust a set of stats from 3-7 rounds ago.
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 22:17   #13
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I'd vote that we use one of the stat suggestions JBG did for last round.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 00:56   #14
Monroe

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Well you can vote all you want, but seeing as it's Appoco doing the stats I don't think voting will make much difference. Appoco ussually makes decent stats, so we'll see!

#strategy
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 08:32   #15
BaasB

BaasB will become famous soon enoughBaasB will become famous soon enough

I hope they are finished on time for once in the history of PA.
It sucks if they are finalised only 2 days before roundstart.

About roundstart, anything known about starting dates?
Because i have the strong feeling i will be away the weekend the round starts :S
BaasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 08:47   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Round is going to start on the 30th of October, thats pretty damn certain.
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 10:41   #17
BaasB

Yeah, i was afraid of that....
I will be in Disneyland that weekend... bah :S
Well, if the research-queuing as in beta testing will be brought in, then i might be able to still have a proper startup...

anyway, this was about stats...
I am looking forward to take a look...
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 16:15   #18
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Since I'm horrible at trying to read the stats it likely doesn't matter.

However, as long as the stats don't make one race god and you don't ruin any one race (balanced) I don't really care.

I can't say I would give 3 class's of pods and I'd just as soon take sks out of fi/co (boy did I get burned on that one)

I'm sure the stats will be fine even for n00bs like me. I trust Appoco (well I think I do. sure I do. hmmm well maybe)

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 18:06   #19
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

well it would be nice to change the fact that cath is always VERY over powered. maybe give terr a boost.
but changing stats every rnd, is an exciting idea, as it kills dullness and opens up new and differant tactics every new rnd.

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 02:42   #20
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiriA View Post
well it would be nice to change the fact that cath is always VERY over powered. maybe give terr a boost.
but changing stats every rnd, is an exciting idea, as it kills dullness and opens up new and differant tactics every new rnd.
cathaar was op this last round? i must've missed that memo..
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 09:54   #21
isildurx

I dont think he knows what hes talking about, Caths were certainly not overpowered in R33.
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 10:06   #22
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

r32 stats plz
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 12:58   #23
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

as an aside, did anyone have an overwhelming problem with the fi/co sk's? personally i never saw any of them.
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 13:08   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
as an aside, did anyone have an overwhelming problem with the fi/co sk's? personally i never saw any of them.
You're right. Except we saw them all the time. Saying they weren't used implies you're either horribly out of touch with the game (as apparently everyone who does anything for PA is required to be) or are lying. Not that I have a problem with there being fi/co structure killers, mind you, but at least represent the facts accurately.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 14:51   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I saw loads of fi/co class sks and while I didn't have a problem with them personally I imagine a lot of people did.
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 15:53   #26
Monroe

Quote:
You're right. Except we saw them all the time. Saying they weren't used implies you're either horribly out of touch with the game (as apparently everyone who does anything for PA is required to be) or are lying. Not that I have a problem with there being fi/co structure killers, mind you, but at least represent the facts accurately.
I personally saw FI/CO structure killers once all round. Not to say they weren't out there, but just because you had one experience and Zaejii had another doesn't necessarily mean he is out of touch or lying.

I personally agree with JBG, I had no problem with them, but I'm sure lots of other folks hated them.

#strategy
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 16:04   #27
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Pre round so many people where crying bloody murder over the amount of ships available to play.

After playing this round, do you all feel the same way?

I certainly feel that the diversity of fleets allowed for people to revert to plan B at some point, once they found that their original plan wasnt as playable as the originally thought. This rounds werent perfect, yet they werent generally a topic of discussion, which imo means they where a good set. While i believe this set had its downside, being that the universe was predominantly CR/BS based fleets, i believe the stats where more or less balanced. I would like to see another set which again allows for diversity of play.

Thoughts?

Edit: On the Fi/Co sk thing, i was fortunate enough not to have too many encounters with them, as has widely been discussed lately , but still feel they could quite easily become over powered. Xan with FI sk's, as far as im concerned, is something that definately needs to be fixed. Being cloaked, combined with the ability to fake down a class or two, and also several classes at once, without an ETA penalty, has the potential to be extremely damaging. If Asc had of decided to build some FI flak this round, the construction losses wouldve been scary.

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 18 Oct 2009 at 16:11.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 16:51   #28
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Quote:
i never said they weren't used - i said i never saw them used (against me personally or any incomings that i happened to have time to inspect).

the point of me asking about them was regarding all the /scream /horror posts at the beginning of the round saying that the fi/co class sk's were going to ruin the game blah blah blah.

Last edited by Monroe; 18 Oct 2009 at 17:21.
Zaejii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 19:05   #29
isildurx

Well, seeing as you made the xan fico fleet horrible, and thus barely anyone had one, it was never going to be THAT big a problem this round.
Unread 18 Oct 2009, 23:48   #30
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Well, seeing as you made the xan fico fleet horrible, and thus barely anyone had one, it was never going to be THAT big a problem this round.
There were still a lot of xan fi/co fleets around, I just think not a lot of them build Apparitions.

If we don't count the Ascendancy Xans, I'd say as many people went fi/co (with either bomber or dread/pk) as ghost+cr/bs.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 00:53   #31
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about

I'd mount an argument that the reason alliances like App and Vsn fielded fi/cowas because it was an obvious weakness for Ascendancy defence wise. Outside of those two allies I think only Evo had significant fi/co fleets.

I think if we had the information we'd see that there was a significant increase in fi/co production after the app/asc war started.
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 03:48   #32
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

And yet Xan fi/co barely helped against Asc (or Ghosts in general), it was mainly Vipers being massproduced.
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 04:00   #33
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
When you could have an uber FR/CR fleet, its not THAT much of a problem, to put a few SK's in there, and wipe 10% of a targets constructions.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 16:05   #34
isildurx

http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...rn=86912341122

beta stats \o\
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 16:11   #35
isildurx

How are Terrans supposed to survive?
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 18:00   #36
BaasB

EMP pwns, there is no resistance!
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 18:04   #37
isildurx

emp res is always put in at last
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 18:38   #38
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaasB View Post
EMP pwns, there is no resistance!
Code:
Beetle	Corvette		-	-	-	-	-
 	 	Fighter	Harpy	Ter	2	139%	EMP, average value
 	 	Fighter	Gnat	Cat	2	130%	EMP, average value
 	 	Fighter	Phantom	Xan	2	78%	EMP, average value
 	 	Fighter	Banshee	Xan	2	88%	EMP, average value
 	 	Fighter	Illusion Xan	2	91%	EMP, average value
 	 	Fighter	Cutlass	Zik	2	110%	EMP, average value
 	 	Fighter	Vindicator Etd	2	117%	EMP, average value
 	 	Fighter	Avenger	Etd	2	126%	EMP, average value
Xan kinda pwns EMP. (:

At the moment I don't see much reason not going mass Xan/Cat fi/co/fr, but I assume Apocco has some changes in mind for Xan.
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 19:03   #39
isildurx

Well, there are those 0-loss anti fico ships..

But yeah, those ratios you posted dont seem right so guess things will change.
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 19:11   #40
Patrikc

Quote:
Well, there are those 0-loss anti fico ships..
At the moment, this is the only reason ANYONE would go Zik. :P
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 19:13   #41
isildurx

ZIK FTW, certainly looks better than last round!
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 21:33   #42
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

As I've only just "officialised the first release", I've started a new thread here