User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Mar 2005, 02:07   #1
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
anyone know where i can find a utility for [de]compressing ini files?

when it comes to tinkering I'm quite the noob, so please, no heckling...

yes ive tried googling... cant seem to find anything for an opererating system more current than win3.x ... maybe i just dont know what im looking for well enough to get the search terms right :/
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2005, 09:24   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: anyone know where i can find a utility for [de]compressing ini files?

ini files are compressed?
Most ini files I've come across are textual files.
Sorry, can't help you any further with this.
Unread 6 Mar 2005, 13:19   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: anyone know where i can find a utility for [de]compressing ini files?

Hm, maybe he wants to compress them? What about some usual ZIP, LZW, whatever stuff algorithm?

But if you found some sort of binary configuration file from another application: Bad luck. It's their own file format then, using their own "compression", so not much of a chance except hex-editing and trying...

What file from what application do you have to deal with?