User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 17:29   #1
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Login Issue

This only just happened, ive no idea why but when i logged into windows XP with my user account, it froze (including mouse cursor) on the blue login screen (when it says "loading user profile") and i got this constant buzz/tone from the speakers.

Kinder freaked me out (as im a paranoid b1tch) so im hoping any of you peeps know what the cause may be and if its anything serious?
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 20:54   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Login Issue

Does it happen every time? Have you recently made any changes to your setup? Have you installed any programs recently?
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 21:47   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Does it happen when you go into safe mode?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:18   #4
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

It's only ever happened once and ive not installed anything new recently. Infact its never happened, not even on previous OS's thats why i was like "wtf".
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 08:02   #5
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

If it happened only once, and never after, then it's probably just a glitch. WinXP is too much of a monster anyways to go pinpoint an error with such little information.

If it happens again, then start worrying ^^

In th emeantime, did you check your event viewer?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 00:34   #6
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Login Issue

I've got an "old" 1200 Mhz machine at home, that I did a "clean" XP install on.
After a while (half a year, using it once every fortnight), I got the same symptoms as you said.

I don't know what's wrong with that machine. Everything's alright basically (I checked, and I fix computers a lot).
But this machine, it sometimes just crashes with a bluescreen, and then the speakers keep on buzzing.

I can't reproduce it, it happens once in a while.
My guess is something with the hard-drive, as I've fooled around with that before, and sometimes check-disk does it's job while booting XP for no apparent reason.
Other checks tell me, the HDDs are alright though.

If it doesn't happen again, don't worry.
If it does, check all your hardware drivers, and your hard-disks.
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 19:13   #7
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

Perhaps because it's quite old, old computers do develop more glitches, I've noticed, don't know why, maybe it's the components worn down or something, it's a weird phenonenom (if I could spell)
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 00:59   #8
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Computers are just "mostly" deterministic - unless the bug doesnt reappear, dont worry about it. There actually is something like "thermic" aging of components and there is a reason why for example real servers use ECC Ram and desktop machines dont
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote