User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 00:35   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Severe problems with PC

Im trying to help out a mate who has a quite new pc, who's seriously sick.

After 20-45minutes, it "dies", resulting in a blue screen.

One message is Page_something with ntfs.sys

then its says to correct this you should make sure all correct drivers are installed, and BIOS settings with memory to buffring and shodowing are set off.

However, I cant find those options in BIOS.

THE PC:
windows XP
radon9200
Asus A7N8X mainboard
2100+ cpu

Anyone got ideas for this case?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 01:26   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Severe problems with PC

Flash the bios so it upgrades and see if that helps.

goto the asus site for more info. ive done it once for my pc just so i could fiddle a bit more and it also fixed a few minor problems.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 02:11   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Hmmmm this is bad I once had it and couldn't get rid off...

Try to scan all you harddrives. Go to Start, Run, enter "cmd", and then "chkdsk c: /f" and continue to do so for every drive letter you got.
Also you should try to download your motherboard's chipset drivers (e.g. VIA 4in1), or DMA stuff or whatever.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 08:56   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I used to get it a lot, turned out to be dodgy ram in my case I think.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 13:43   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

actually pab is right. i had this problem with my asus twice. i bought some dodgy ram and it would boot up fine. however when i played GTA vice city after about 2-3minutes into the game it would blue screen with protection faults and dump the memory to the hdd.

check the memory... or get someone with memory that definitly works and get them to plug it in,
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:45   #6
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Ive updated the bios.
So Im expecting news on weather or not this has solved the problem.
I think they already changed the ram once.

Anyways, thanks for the help lads.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:23   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Okey, it didnt work. Or atleast there is more problems with the same pc.

The new error message is "bad pool caller".

Suggestions anyone?
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:44   #8
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This kept happening to me when I last upgraded. Really pissed me off for a while.
Turned out that something was overheating. The processor was overclocked and the fan wasn't good enough to get rid of the heat.
I took the side off and pulled it out of the corner it was in and it worked a bit better but still died every now and then, so I went into the BIOS and set all speed detection etc to auto. Worked pretty much fine ever since but at a slower speed. Doesn't bother me too much though.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:44   #9
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point

wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows i always find that it helps
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote