User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 5 Oct 2004, 17:52   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
WinXP Service Pack 2 - That ****ING SECURITY CENTRE

How do i turn the bastarding thing off? I cant uninstall it, theres no shortcut to it, its got no options and when i set everything to "Off" it still shows as green and "On".

Its driving me up the ****ing wall!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 17:58   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: WinXP Service Pack 2 - That ****ING SECURITY CENTRE

ive just hidden its icon and said 'never show'

it only pops up once when i first startup...

however if you want to end task it i believe its called "drwatson"
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 18:04   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hm, I never see the Security Center. Will check in a bit on the XP SP2 machine what I've set to off.
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 18:38   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When you open the Security Centre, at the bottom of the left menu is the option where you can set what the Security Centre should alert you for. Have you turned all of those off?
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 19:04   #5
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: WinXP Service Pack 2 - That ****ING SECURITY CENTRE

Or, in case they should turn red, just enable the option "I've got a firewall / antivirus-software that I'll take care of on my own".
Also I know, my virus scanner has an option when it should notify the security center...
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 21:55   #6
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

I just told it I managed my firewall and Anti-virus software myself, In order to that, I didn't even have to lie :P

Oh and I think Norton and such should all support the security center, meaning it'll only nag you if there's patches availble

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 23:46   #7
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i have never seen the Security Centre except for when i first started up SP2
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 08:06   #8
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Then you have auto-update on active on your firewall, virus scanner and windows AND Windows detected your firewall and anti-virus program.

simple enough

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 00:42   #9
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

It's possible - because I've managed to do it -- don't ask me how though.
Keep the faith Kura!
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 22:42   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

The Windows Firewall is shit in SP2 - apparently on default it doesn't even block the most dangerous file and sharing port which it leaves open which requires either a hardware router or softtware to rectify. To all those who just turn on the Firewall thinking they're safe, they're actually not.

Got that from PCFormat this month. They're pressing for SP3.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 22:45   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Um - go to Control Panel -> Security Center
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 08:53   #12
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Um - go to Control Panel -> Security Center
yep, then go into services.msc and disable the service too.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 14:06   #13
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Scroll down to SP2 > click remove, and follow the instructions

I removed SP2 completely from my computer, and it solved soooo many problems. I think I'll wait till they fix SP2 before I install that shit again
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 00:01   #14
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Scroll down to SP2 > click remove, and follow the instructions

I removed SP2 completely from my computer, and it solved soooo many problems. I think I'll wait till they fix SP2 before I install that shit again
slipstream it, so far so good with my install since Sunday.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 00:15   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Nothing wrong with my install of SP2