User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:27   #1
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

Hells_Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
How do u get kittens to stop biting u?

Ok i know this isnt proberly the right place to look for the answer to this question, but you never know til you ask.
Hells_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:29   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do u get kittens to stop biting u?

Best trick to stop pets to stop biting you is to force your finger/fist (for dogs) into their mouth while they bite, it will force them to gag and stop doing it.

That is the best pet training tip I ever got.

I've owned 6 cats, 2 dogs and 4 budgie's, the gagging trick doesn't work with budgie's btw.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:32   #3
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

umm might give that ago
he's only a kitten but he really hurts!
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:36   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

a bullet.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:36   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have a little kitten who bites occasionally but its only because i am playing with him. Doesnt bother me cos i'm well 'ard, and we want him to chase mice/rats/moles/voles etc in out back garden, so its good to be aggressive .
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:40   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

If not your finger encourage him to bite something else and use that to make it gag instead.

Other tips including smacking it's nose, it's like a kick to the privates.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:40   #7
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

yeah but my kitten does it even if ur not playing in fact if u pick him up he really lays into my hand and for no reason.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:43   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

OOOOOOOOOOOH he's teething ffs.

Look into a pet teething ring you twat.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:45   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Other tips including smacking it's nose, it's like a kick to the privates.
Also useful if you are ever in a shark attack .
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:45   #10
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

teething at almost 6 months old? cant he at least teeth on a damn toy insted of my hand!!!!!
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:47   #11
JC
lolly roffle

Dont pick him up all the time then .
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:49   #12
Sunday8pm
Banned

Not if you haven't got a properly textured toy, pets are much more sensitive to texture and the pressure than we are.

Perhaps it's toys are not of the right texture and pressure to generate the desired effect to get through teething.

That said it could possibly already have a gum infection in which case I'd visit a vet, also perhaps look up if there are any cat illnesses that have symptoms of excessive aggressive biting towards other people/pets.

I assume it's had all it's boosters by now and you've had a tetanus, am I rite?
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:50   #13
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Dont pick him up all the time then .
Only if she is picking him up in a way that's causing extreme physical discomfort, when taking care of a pet it is of extreme importance to impose you are the alpha in the relationship.

Admittedly this is easier done with female-female human-pet relationships and that female-male is a LOT lot harder to manipulate.

In fact do you have your cat neutered, if not you are fighting a losing cause and this cat will not become friendly, neuter it, it might seem heartless but it will pacify the cat if this is the case.

I really hate pet owners who do not make an alpha relationship with their pets cause this is what leads to people hating pets cause some cat/dog bit them, if you are a good enough pet owner NO pet should do this unless it came to great physical harm from the person in question it bit.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:53   #14
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

it's impossible not to pick kittens up all the time, they're adorable
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:54   #15
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

hes getting neutered soon and ive had 5 cats in my life time all who have been loving pets but this little git just wont stop biting. I pick him up like id pick up ne of my other cats and they never bit me.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 19:55   #16
Sunday8pm
Banned

ok, get him neutered, like people, cat's mature at different rates, Sounds like this one is maturing earlier than you are familiar with. Until then resort to light discipline until neutralisation is administered.

Afterwards then start doing the whole therapy of hitting it's nose and making it gag if it keeps biting you, especially when you have already provided your cat with proper teething toys.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:00   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

sack + rocks = problem solved
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:01   #18
Sunday8pm
Banned

Oh, and lastly seeing as other people may be taking advice from this or want to contribute I'll just quickly post what I've said on irc.

There is a chance depending on how you accquired the pet, especially if it's of a pedigree not from someone official or at a too good to be true price that the kitten was one of an in-bred litter which could naturally pre-dispose it to being mentally instable and hence highly aggressive.

Pet breeding in the uk is horribly unregulated for what it is (even worse in ireland) and the chances of getting a genetically faulty animal is higher than you think. In these cases, get it investigated and unless you are feeling extremely charitable the best case scenario is to put the poor blighter to sleep and get the breeders persecuted if they are profiteering from this litter.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 20:53   #19
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
a bullet.
Waste of a bullet.

Knives can be used more than once.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:07   #20
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Is it orange or lemon (or both) that cats dont particularly like? Try 'staining' your fingers in it.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:29   #21
Sunday8pm
Banned

This leads to the whole taboo area of dipping her clit in catnip essence.....
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 21:52   #22
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I don't like catnip

I do like Lemon though
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:02   #23
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: How do u get kittens to stop biting u?

Blow in his face!
Cats hell don't like it. He'll escape, and learn slowly what happens when he bites.
Hopefully.

But stop annoying that poor creature. He maybe just can't stand getting picked up by you. Especially young cats don't really enjoy it I'd say.

It's like telling your gf "damnit why don't you wanna swallow, I've had 5 gfs before and they all didn't mind."
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:05   #24
JetLinus

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Quote:
when taking care of a pet it is of extreme importance to impose you are the alpha in the relationship
You can't be the owner of a cat, a cat owns YOU!
Ever read Garfield?
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:07   #25
Sunday8pm
Banned

Yes, isn't that the cartoon with the 3 same stills of a fat ginger cat that loves food with an incredibly gay owner who creates comedy by looking like a pathetic straight man?

It usually involves the word Lasagne somewhere along the lines and we are suppose to laugh rite?
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:14   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yes, isn't that the cartoon with the 3 same stills of a fat ginger cat that loves food with an incredibly gay owner who creates comedy by looking like a pathetic straight man?

It usually involves the word Lasagne somewhere along the lines and we are suppose to laugh rite?
Hey , you made yourself that career. Who are we to deny you it.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:16   #27
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Hey , you made yourself that career. Who are we to deny you it.
Hold on!

Fat ginger cat in Avatar

Failed Relationships with women

Looking the same in every post

YOU ARE JOHN!
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:19   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Hold on!

Fat ginger cat in Avatar

Failed Relationships with women

Looking the same in every post

YOU ARE JOHN!
WP
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:32   #29
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Spray them with water!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:35   #30
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

i do spray him with water
but the daff thing seems to like water!
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:36   #31
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Let him bite you. A cat can't bite you THAT hard, and it's actually kind of cute.
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:36   #32
Sunday8pm
Banned

piddle on it.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:37   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Tell it that if it doesnt stop biting you. youll let Sunday8pm come around and lecture it on morality and behaviour.

That should put the fear of god into the little bastard.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:43   #34
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Tell it that if it doesnt stop biting you. youll let Sunday8pm come around and lecture it on morality and behaviour.

That should put the fear of god into the little bastard.
Sunday has been very helpful and polite in this thread.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:47   #35
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Sunday has been very helpful and polite in this thread.
Admit it , you have him on ignore and cant see his posts!
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 22:48   #36
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
piddle on it.

This has happened already.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 23:08   #37
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

obligatory

'dont let him near your pussy'
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 23:54   #38
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

^^^ Is that a euthimism??
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 00:04   #39
JetLinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Angel
i do spray him with water
but the daff thing seems to like water!
I've heard of a cat that LOVED water, it used to sneak into the shower / bath / sink whenever possible. I couldn't quite believe it.

Blow him into the face, I tell you. They don't like it. Also it makes a hissing sound. Or go for the ears. It should work with every cat.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 00:07   #40
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
^^^ Is that a euthimism??
[pedant]
You mean "Euphemism" , defined as "The use of a word or phrase to intimate or indicate another meaning"
[/pedant]
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 00:28   #41
Sunday8pm
Banned

The sound of a can of deoderant being sprayed will also upset cats and dogs, can be used as a deterrent but also should be heeded that it is insensitive to use those sort of high pressurised cans in rooms with cats and dogs anyway if they are behaving well.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 17:25   #42
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Angel
Ok i know this isnt proberly the right place to look for the answer to this question, but you never know til you ask.

Kill them ?
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 17:45   #43
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Maybe the cat just doesnt like you.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote