User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 12 Aug 2008, 16:25   #51
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about
Re: r28 shipstats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Stalwart and (I think) Paladin were r10 cath ships. Defender and Guardian are old EMP ships. Lancer, Fireblade, Broadsword are old xan ships without the geeky first part. Using old stats, I'd argue, is completely inappropriate. The oldest stats have different guns, agility etc. r10s had no init or type. After that we had subvert, and until r24 or so we had no multiple targets. Plus it would **** balance.

This is about as close to what you want as we can get - correct me if I'm wrong!

Right now I quite like the set visible in the public manual, and don't like the beta set. The public manual needs some boosts to EMP vs xand and terran, otherwise I'm pretty happy.
I did recognize some of the new ship names but some are before my time .
How did no int or type work?

Couldn't you set up the ETD race first and balance the others around it?
I kind of see ETD as a nostalgia race you should give em subvert, cargo and PDS ships.

Last edited by zokka; 12 Aug 2008 at 16:32.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 16:36   #52
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by zokka View Post
I did recognize some of the new ship names but some are before my time .
How did no int or type work?
it didnt work. Alot stopped playing after the farce which was - pax -
We were forced back to an upgraded version of pax though, since pia died oh, and eXi formed and Omen

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2008, 18:20   #53
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

questions

1/ what is with orbweaver (2/ why is this called orbweaver) and recluse
2/ what is with thief and brigand
3/ what is with revenant (t1:de,t2:co, init of 6 so therefore completely useless as everyone will surely build the init 5 fi that hits t2)
4/ lancer is there for what purpose?

edit- ok this is my conclusion. these stats are stupid. they DECREASE options and force people to go for a smaller amount of ships to build because there are just too many INCREDIBLY USELESS ships about. a far better concept when to think of whilst making stats is giving each race ONLY useful (or useless) ships so to make people think about to come up with their own take on how to best cover everything and not to just randomly choosing some ****ing podfleet then not building anything bar the podclass and one ship that happens to shoot everything that the pod class doesn't already cover.

Last edited by jerome; 14 Aug 2008 at 18:29.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2008, 20:48   #54
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the lancer is awesome vs ziks really.

dont recall the eff atm, but its pretty sick.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2008, 16:52   #55
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

http://game.planetarion.com/statsanalysis.pl
78% v cors, 54% v thief
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2008, 05:44   #56
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

If we are running now r28 dunno, but I must say I have never seen as lousy emp stats.

They have no fi/co to even defend their own alliance (to make the etas)

They have no matching roiding class to co-attack with ziks or xans for steal/hidden kills, emp race is mostly to play alongside people and give them the pleasure to fire at stunned ships. (balance/gain upper hand due their fire order.)

I must say that I pounded the last rounds that emp is not really worth it, they tend to get incs easier than other races, but atleast they were some use back then, now I pity the fools that didnt look at stats before hand
Unread 23 Aug 2008, 16:40   #57
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

I think Cath is good and i'd played as Cath without my mess up with the race preround
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2008, 17:48   #58
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
If we are running now r28 dunno, but I must say I have never seen as lousy emp stats.
At the end of the round we should be able to tell. r13 and 25 were pretty awful cath stats.

As for defence; DE attack with tarantula defence, or CR attack with locust defence (A zero-loss FR killer is very useful against xand. And there's a good # of xand FR fleets around)

Quote:
They have no matching roiding class to co-attack with ziks or xans for steal/hidden kills, emp race is mostly to play alongside people and give them the pleasure to fire at stunned ships. (balance/gain upper hand due their fire order.)
Cath DE can combine with xand/zik FR or terran DE. Cath CR can combine with xand CR, or etd/zik CR/BS.

Quote:
I must say that I pounded the last rounds that emp is not really worth it, they tend to get incs easier than other races,)
It's been said for ages (I remember discussing it pre-r17 at least) that EMP heavy is a 'broken' dynamic. Decent killships (which I think of as the locust/mantis) are the only way we've found around that so far.

Predictions, people?

I had a quick look at sandmans and right now I think: cath are doing very badly. Xand look overpowered atm, but I'm hoping that DE-thru-BS fleets will slow them. Ziks are doing fine and I'm hoping that terrans will maintain a steady growth round long. Etds have declined recently - their quick early burst is akin to caths in previous rounds. Now EMP heavy etds should begin to struggle.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2008, 08:27   #59
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Xans will hopefully get roided over the next few days.
Unread 25 Aug 2008, 01:16   #60
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Xans will hopefully get roided over the next few days.
you mean elviz ?
Unread 25 Aug 2008, 16:24   #61
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Elviz isnt xan... ?
Unread 25 Aug 2008, 17:44   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oops.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote