User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 00:56   #1
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Legal Falsities

I was supervising my tab-lets this weekend and they were new to the Unfair Contract Terms Act (UCTA) and part of my supervision was spent (wasted) explaining to them the joy of understanding UCTA.

For non-lawyers the really fun thing about UCTA is that it strikes down exclusion clauses: those signs we all see everywhere saying such idiot things as "the management does not accept liability for injury" etc. etc.

So my point is two-fold.
1) List untruthful legal statements that you see daily
2) Let's try to explain why companies waste money on these stupid signs.

These silly quasi legal sounding nonsenses are always fun.

To start you off my favourites are:

- "the management is not liable for any loss or damage caused to your property"
- "tresspassers will be prosecuted"
and
- that stupid clause that all pateam members are forced to sign

now what I can't explain is (2). why do companies and organisations bother to make these statements/pay for these signs?