User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Feb 2009, 01:34   #51
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Fubra / Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit View Post
A facebook app that would know your facebook details and then need to know your PA details, creating a link / integration...

its either completely stand alone... or they are integrated (albeit, optionally from the FB end).
You're completely missing the point.
All of this conversation is entirely redundant, you all need to learn to read.

IF (big if) this Facebook integration that Fubra mentioned (and people have suggested for a long time) actually happens, the Facebook Platform is designed well enough that (assuming whoever codes the PA integration isn't retarded) closet geeks can maintain their "normal" status, and vice versa.
Just because you can have "linked" accounts between PA and Facebook, doesn't mean you have to let one share/view/submit data to the other.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 07:33   #52
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Unfortunately, my bid was not regarded high enough.
As they ended up selling it to someone else, I guess they had more money to spend on it, so fair game!

I did try though, I really did!

- Spinner
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 08:18   #53
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

If Planetarion does integrate with Facebook, the whole buddy system and random galaxys would need to be redesigned to cope with the influx of 'one-time-login' players filling up spots. Which would further the gap between those galaxys who managed to get the active players they wanted and those full of inactives.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 09:23   #54
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The way I remember lenore looked at making it was to generate a facebook code on Planetarion, and then you could get the facebook app and add that code in to link up your account.
I guess we'd have to have an additional "not registered? signup here!"
We could also look at losing one of the activation steps, I guess. No one on facebook would want to do that, anyway.
Unread 8 Feb 2009, 10:00   #55
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Damn it, I'm going to have to start behaving in #support again instead of just swearing at people when they come in.
Since when did you behave anyway?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 21:24   #56
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Whilst I'm sure it's good that some interest is being taken in Planetarion, and Facebook integration might be a decent way of getting more users - that actual game needs improving first.

New players won't tolerate the current state of the game, they'll probably sign up, get all confused and just leave their account inactive. Active players will start moaning that they need to exile more players from their galaxies. The game needs to be overhauled so you don't have to read a manual or speak to friends to get started, something I seriously doubt this game could achieve at the moment.

Login to the game and what do you see? Everything page is an unfriendly sea of text. You can't expect users to come here just because it's Planetarion and the game is free - it actually has to be reasonably easy to get into.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 19:18   #57
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Is it only me who hears a dead horse being flogged?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 23:41   #58
IsNoGoOd

IsNoGoOd has a spectacular aura aboutIsNoGoOd has a spectacular aura aboutIsNoGoOd has a spectacular aura about

hope it gets good, ooh and lower roid cost to -50%
need more roids so ppl can afford fighting :P
IsNoGoOd is offline   Reply With Quote