User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:44   #1
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Deus Ex Machina

Altough it is indeed against my religion to post new threads in forums, I will make an exeption...

DEUS EX MACHINA WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU ? :/
Tbh I wish they were here this round as they swore to end blocks that were indeed ruining the game, in this case WEET.. I miss a Robin Hood alliance in the game and obviously no alliance of WEET is planning on acting responsible and end the madness, reasons will be given as such: "Stop whining and init more metal roids.." .. "We share gals, that stops it all" ... "Its a full round agreement, we are teh loyal" ... "ELYSIUM DOESNT DO BACKSTAB" etc etc => ITS JUST A GAME, ITS MEANT TO BE FUN! There is no such thing as "not possible to break up due to shared gals"...
This round is even more drivel then this thread.. That saying a lot..
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:49   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
i could have sworn i seen forest on the forums recently , maybe if we ask him nicely he might get something goin

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:55   #3
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
i could have sworn i seen forest on the forums recently , maybe if we ask him nicely he might get something goin
hardy harr harr... "I declare war on VtS" etc... 'clever'
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 16:56   #4
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
i would have loved it.
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:02   #5
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesla
ITS JUST A GAME, ITS MEANT TO BE FUN!
"It's just a game, it's meant to be won!"
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:03   #6
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I expect you're waiting for someone to hand feed you the troll bait and say "They're all in Eclipse"?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:05   #7
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
Why Not Just Make Every Future Round Random ? and Speed Games Private
That Would Solve most of it prolly
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:05   #8
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I expect you're waiting for someone to hand feed you the troll bait and say "They're all in Eclipse"?
heh, i was just about to
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:06   #9
Fighters
Hello

Fighters is an unknown quantity at this point
i miss Deus

R3 : 118:14:21 - Lithium - Hello
R4 : 159:21:3 - TE/PCI - Hello
R5 : 4:14:9 - PCI/MI/Ni! - Hello/Fighters
R6 : XX:XX:XX - Deus Ex Machina - Fighters
R7 : 26:11:15 - [FAnG] - Fighters
R8-R39: Retired
R40 : 2:9:8 - Apprime - Fighters
R41 : 2:8:7 - Apprime - Fighters
Fighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:10   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
hi, you rang?

(I'm not in eclipse!)
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:11   #11
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
i still wonder what deus ever did that was any use for anyone but them:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:16   #12
Tesla
Custom User Title

Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
"It's just a game, it's meant to be won!"
If u play just to win and not have fun whilst doing it join s t a r s p h e r e...
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:18   #13
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
If u play just to win and not have fun whilst doing it join s t a r s p h e r e...

I had a lot of fun Owning Ministry in that game ta
Silk_311x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:18   #14
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
Atleast they had the goals and the slogun that they were anti-stagnation, they never got a chance to prove wheter they would follow up or not.. So we cant judge em either way... Whereas certain blocks dun even wanna end this lameness it seems..
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:19   #15
Tesla
Custom User Title

Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally posted by Silk_311x
I had a lot of fun Owning Ministry in that game ta
Funny since we didnt play....Nor was I ever in charge of any Ministry division in S t a r s p h e r e, that was Dettys idea that he didnt followup...
nor has that got any relevance for the topic at hand...
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:20   #16
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Funny since we didnt play....Nor was I ever in charge of any Ministry division in S t a r s p h e r e, that was Dettys idea that he didnt followup...
Perhpas YOU didnt play, but Ministry did for about 3 weeks or so
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:22   #17
Tesla
Custom User Title

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
If me, weap or Timpayne didnt start it its not Ministry...
now as said this is irrelevant for the topic at hand...
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:24   #18
Silk_311x
Free

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
For the topic at hand, stop fking whinning about how you WISH something would appear, and get off your ass and make it happen, otherwise please stop polluting these forums with your whinning like the rest of the Vom cowards are doing.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:28   #19
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
sillk no offence but the current weet alliances say they are against stagnation aswell prolly... heh without proving it anyone can say everything...

fact is... they never have done it or my memory sucks so..:/

but yer you are right when you say current alliances who can change stuff suck:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:30   #20
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point
They're not all in Eclipse.

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:30   #21
Tesla
Custom User Title

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
For the topic at hand, stop fking whinning about how you WISH something would appear, and get off your ass and make it happen, otherwise please stop polluting these forums with your whinning like the rest of the Vom cowards are doing.
haha... imbecile.. I dunno what ur country has, but mine has freedom of speach, and I like to preserve that...
Make what happen exactly ? Not much we can do..? My planet is still roiding or trying to.. I'm not in vacation mode... I'm not growing though as I get overrun every day... But that aint the main prob: fact is that ur block is ruining pa which is my issue.. Dunno wheter it was bad planning by ur respective HCs and overestimated VVOMMs size or if it was just a lame attempt to do a classic r5 roadkill of a round.. I was on the winning side that round and bored outta my mind, and I whined just as much then... Its not fun for anyone... Well maybe the one guy that enjoys not meeting opposition, but if u dont like a fair fight then u could just make ur own game and ur sure that u will win...

Tesla
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:31   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
We've shown people that there is another way, by being more independent in the way you conduct your politics by making a mockery of the old blocking system. If you think we played r6 purely for our benefit that's not the case. We could have won round 6 so much more easily than we chose to, which would have probably involved some kind of deal with Xanadu. Instead, we chose to stick to our promises and tried to bring some entertainment to the round and ended up dead on our feet by the end of it such was the level of effort we had to end up putting in to achieve it.

Ultimately it was impossible for us to continue. We weren't exactly loved for upsetting the applecart on both sides of the fence plus we were absolutely tired, with no wish to play PA at a high level again - there was no future for us in r7. So we joined FLVT because we felt like a quiet round (yet we finished top 20 and got attacked every other night by WanX).

After that we mostly quit playing seriously, if at all.

Basically it's up to alliances to change their ways, we've shown how it can be done if you are more flexible. The game is crying out for new players, new competition and new ideas. Larger galaxies wouldn't go amiss, along with maybe some kind of random setup while still allowing small groups of friends to play together.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:34   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
He has attracted a lot of attention towards our gal but thats about all Forest is useful for :/
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:39   #24
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
We've shown people that there is another way, by being more independent in the way you conduct your politics by making a mockery of the old blocking system. If you think we played r6 purely for our benefit that's not the case. We could have won round 6 so much more easily than we chose to, which would have probably involved some kind of deal with Xanadu. Instead, we chose to stick to our promises and tried to bring some entertainment to the round and ended up dead on our feet by the end of it such was the level of effort we had to end up putting in to achieve it.

Ultimately it was impossible for us to continue. We weren't exactly loved for upsetting the applecart on both sides of the fence plus we were absolutely tired, with no wish to play PA at a high level again - there was no future for us in r7. So we joined FLVT because we felt like a quiet round (yet we finished top 20 and got attacked every other night by WanX).

Basically it's up to alliances to change their ways, we've shown how it can be done if you are more flexible. The game is crying out for new players, new competition and new ideas. Larger galaxies wouldn't go amiss, along with maybe some kind of random setup while still allowing small groups of friends to play together.
can i marry u? :-)

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 17:42   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally posted by Confraria
can i marry u? :-)
:D
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:09   #26
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not Eclipse (quit it in disgust, go me).

However, Deus were not really anti-block (though we did take tons of flak for it on AD). They were anti-stagnation, the fact that blocks tended to cause stagnation was more regarded as incidental.

To put it the American way: Blocks don't stagnate games, people do.

*cue Ghost Busters remix*

Jester
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:09   #27
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish Deus was back too
I remember them well!
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:12   #28
Agamemnon
afk

Agamemnon is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not eclipse either

...and everybody needs a break from this game now and then.

Deus haven't seen anything from Tesla since the Monty Python episode in r7...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:18   #29
wubanger
what do you care...

wubanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
pld you for owning the 15 or so ppl bored enough to join Detty over there and getting mixed up with that 5th rate Blue Tuba thing that popped up overthere However, I still love ya babe

Former Member
Ministry(HC), Xanadu(WingHC) and 1up (peon)
wubanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:24   #30
Alexan Drite

Alexan Drite is an unknown quantity at this point
Disenchanted Tesla? Here's something that'll freak you out:
Quote:
From the protocols of the elders of Cathaar
Our Alliance, marching along the path of peaceful conquest, has the right to replace the horrors of war by less noticeable and
more satisfactory sentences of death, necessary to maintain the
terror which tends to produce blind submission. Just but
merciless severity is the greatest factor of strength in the
Alliance: not only for the sake of gain but also in the name of
duty, for the sake of victory, we must keep to the programme of
violence and make-believe. The doctrine of squaring accounts is
precisely as strong as the means of which it makes use. Therefore
it is not so much by the means themselves as by the doctrine of
severity that we shall triumph and bring all alliances into
subjection to our super-alliance. It is enough for them to know
that we are merciless for all disobedience to cease.
You want to fight the blocks? You want to fight the things you hate most in the game and return it to how it was? Help me and my alliance exterminate these lesser races and regain terran surpremacy in the universe.
Xenophobes-Human Dominance in Round 10!
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:30   #31
Silk_311x
Free

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
haha... imbecile.. I dunno what ur country has, but mine has freedom of speach, and I like to preserve that...
Make what happen exactly ? Not much we can do..? My planet is still roiding or trying to.. I'm not in vacation mode... I'm not growing though as I get overrun every day... But that aint the main prob: fact is that ur block is ruining pa which is my issue.. Dunno wheter it was bad planning by ur respective HCs and overestimated VVOMMs size or if it was just a lame attempt to do a classic r5 roadkill of a round.. I was on the winning side that round and bored outta my mind, and I whined just as much then... Its not fun for anyone... Well maybe the one guy that enjoys not meeting opposition, but if u dont like a fair fight then u could just make ur own game and ur sure that u will win...

Tesla
You assume I am not VVOMM ? First mistake was to assume to much. Second mistake was to mistake my stance. I am glad you are still roiding and fighting hard, you are one of the few. Fact is most of the mighty military leaders are trying the same tactics without adapting to a new round, and instead of changing this, they insist to whine and point fingers and blame others. I am not suggesting anything except if you want something to change, try and do something about it.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:37   #32
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexan Drite
Disenchanted Tesla? Here's something that'll freak you out:

You want to fight the blocks? You want to fight the things you hate most in the game and return it to how it was? Help me and my alliance exterminate these lesser races and regain terran surpremacy in the universe.
Xenophobes-Human Dominance in Round 10!
freak
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 21:51   #33
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Hehe looks like Tesla has a new alliance !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:00   #34
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
hi, you rang?

(I'm not in eclipse!)
Lo Ed

I'm not either

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:05   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
Lo Ed

I'm not either

Vaio
Hi Steve

Pay a visit to IRC sometime.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:14   #36
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Hi Steve

Pay a visit to IRC sometime.

Vaio
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:39   #37
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Enough of your BS

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:40   #38
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Hehe looks like Tesla has a new alliance !
heh.. that guy needs an appointment wiv a shrink im not going 10 feet near him let alone his alliance
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:44   #39
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrician
Enough of your BS
Bitter twat

Vaio
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:47   #40
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Deus is overrated
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 22:47   #41
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
Bitter twat

Vaio
Calm it

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 23:03   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deus Ex Machina

Quote:

ahem
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 23:44   #43
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not in Eclipse either

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 23:56   #44
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
heh, true though

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:00   #45
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Basically it's up to alliances to change their ways, we've shown how it can be done if you are more flexible.
you might have shown alternatives on how to block yes, but nothing else. I don't understand (prove me wrong plz) why pple cry to see Deus back, I don't see the difference they'd make in r9 now.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:25   #46
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not eclipse either

and since pat forgot to mention it, he isn't either

In fact afaik only 2 of the 9 people (hope i counted about right) that formed the higher command level of deus are in eclipse.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 01:22   #47
Alexan Drite

Alexan Drite is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
heh.. that guy needs an appointment wiv a shrink im not going 10 feet near him let alone his alliance
My roids are secure!
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 01:37   #48
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
you might have shown alternatives on how to block yes, but nothing else. I don't understand (prove me wrong plz) why pple cry to see Deus back, I don't see the difference they'd make in r9 now.

rgds Kj

I know too little about the current round to tell you anything specific Deus could/would have done different. Perhaps the weet/nar block would have been kept a bit smaller, perhaps we would have had some better long term planning for a new upcomming challenge, or perhaps we would have just turned berserk against cheaters no matter whether allied or not if there was nothing else fun left to do.

I don't think it would need another deus to make the round(s) better though. On alliance level all it takes is a little more longterm planning instead of the short termed fixation on a fast victory, and some willingness to take risks.

But it's not only the alliances that can change the round, it's also every single player. This uber-powerblock-stagnation-system that strangles PA is based on two things: Order and the desire to win at all costs.

The desire to win at all costs leads to powerblocks, as they seem to offer the highest chance for winning. Powerblocks lead to bigger powerblocks, as bigger powerblocks give even better chances to win. Unless there is a good possibility of being able to split these blocks up into more or less equal blocks (which was the case for the deus blocks) this inevitably leads to stagnation once one side is becomming dominant. The possibility of the block(s) splitting up though is a risk, as it could just as well split up when you don't want it to and place you onto the loosing side, and hence again reduces the chances for victory

Or to sum it up: Stagnation is the safest way of winning the game. As long as the overwhelming majority supports this win at all costs mentality stagnation will haunt PA.

Deus ofc also had the desire to win, but at least imo - deus command had different goals at times, although i think most at least shared this goal to some extent - the main thing was that we wanted to do something more than just win: We wanted to do something "new", something that lifted us off of the masses of alliances, something that could actually be called a real victory not just winning the game. Ofc we had the advantage of having the chance to beat the allmighty furgion, which in itself allready was a nice thing, but the main thing is that most of us would have simply considered a stagnation win too boring to bother trying.

If more people would change their priorities from winning at any price to winning with style, and if they voiced their opinion either verbally or by leaving alliances that don't follow this same goal, PA could be changed without any need for a Deus ex Machina.

The other thing is order/organisation. Alliances are strong forces of order in this universe. Powerblocks bundle this effect of order, up to a point where they actually are able to impose their order onto the universe. This universal order prevents action on a universal scale, and hence leads to boredom,.
This order doesn't only have effects on the universal alliance developments, it also restricts the individual planets, taking freedom and hence fun from them. The stronger the dominance of 1 ordering entity - the ruling powerblock - within the universe, the less freedom the individual player has, up to the point where he can't play this game properly anymore as too many targets are protected.

This problem is very easy to overcome though if you have the balls for it (or ovaries for the females out there i guess). Simply break the order. It's not even neccessary to resort to complete chaos for that and attack anyone with roids no matter whether he is in your alliance (that would be rather foolish in fact), all you need to do is pick out certain targets that you've allways wanted to hit and (privately) organise a nice attack on them. Especially if the targets attacked are presitgeous targets, this will cause enough ripples in the order to provide conflict and hence fun. But more than that, if enough presitgeous people are successfully attacked by members of their powerblock, it will create an atmossphere where people simply can't feel safe even if their block dominates, which on one hand brings back the "thrill" thats lost for the members of the ruling block, and on the other creates the chance of the rulers needing to change their strategy if they want a safe win, as simply belonging to the dominant block wont be secure enough anymore.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents: Drop the win at all costs mentality in favour of a winning with style attitude, and spread a little chaos in the right places if order threatens to strangle fun.

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 02:11   #49
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Your so full of it, im quite sure manure runs out of your ears like a steady stream, kinda like your mouth. You guys even admitted it here on ad,that you managed to sucker most idiots (that would be most pa players) into beliving you did it "for pa". So why on gods green earth are you trying backstroke in the river of Deus manure.?

Bar from Rob (he was labeled. sane back then),Queendax and Patrician, the rest of you were nothing but annoying twats. And im so glad that the "commical relief" of Deus Ex is no more (bar from the constant poo posted by Deus Highcounsil Of AD = our mods)

So piss off you sad piker.
:e_chick: :e_chick: :e_chick: :e_chick: :e_chick:

Last edited by BOB_LOST; 8 Apr 2003 at 02:30.
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 02:24   #50
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
The twisted posts of that sane one are relatively amusing to say the least.