User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Aug 2009, 18:42   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Premiership Predictions 2009/2010

Year 8 of the Premiership predictions thread.

Previous 7 years:

2002/2003

2003/2004

2004/2005

2005/2006

2006/2007

2007/2008

2008/2009

01. |Man Utd |Man Utd |CORRECT
02. |Chelsea |Liverpool |DOWN 1
03. |Arsenal |Chelsea |DOWN 1
04. |Liverpool |Arsenal |UP 2
05. |Aston Villa |Everton |DOWN 1
06. |Tottenham |Aston Villa |DOWN 2
07. |Everton |Fulham |UP 2
08. |Portsmouth |Tottenham |DOWN 6
09. |Man City |West Ham |DOWN 1
10. |Blackburn |Man City |DOWN 5
11. |Newcastle |Wigan |DOWN 7
12. |Sunderland |Stoke City |DOWN 4
13. |West Ham |Bolton |UP 4
14. |Middlesborough |Portsmouth |DOWN 5
15. |Fulham |Blackburn |UP 8
16. |Bolton |Sunderland |UP 3
17. |Wigan |Hull City |UP 6
18. |West Brom |Newcastle |DOWN 2
19. |Hull City |Middlesborough |UP 2
20. |Stoke City |West Brom |UP 8

Just 1 Correct – same as last year, and a shit score. 70 – i really ****ed it up last year. Newcastle and Stoke the main culprits for me

(For those who dont remember or can't be bothered reading the previous threads; the Score is your margin of error - add a point for every place you were out for every team, total it up)

2005/2006 score = 62
2006/2007 score = 58
2007/2008 score = 54
2008/2009 score = 70

Anyway, on to this year!

---------------------------------

01. Man Utd

Obviously they will be title challengers, but it will be tight because all of the major teams have regressed. Man Utd of course lost Ronaldo, and i dont care how good a deal it was business wise, there is simply no way it can fail to affect them on the pitch. There were games where there was no chances for either side, and Ronaldo would score from a nothing position on the field, and then Man utd would shut the game down (and the media would still heap praise on them for their ‘glorious’ football). Tevez will be a loss, and even less will have to be expected of Neville/Giggs/Scholes which puts pressure on those in their positions. Valencia is a good player but its yet to be seen whether hes a Man Utd quality player – he certainly is no Ronaldo. It will be a bleeding in year for Evans/Fabio/Rafael/Macheda and to a lesser extent Wellbeck/Tosic. Its also now or never for Anderson and Nani who are falling suspiciously into the ‘talented, but utility’ player category without ever making a position their own. Michael Owen may well score 10 goals in the year for Man Utd but if he could do that, Kevin Davies could score 20 – the chances will be there for him on a plate in that side and while his signing might be astute financially, Ferguson looks like hes seriously blundered by not bringing in another genuine chance creator. Questions and replacements coming in all over the pitch, thankfully for them most of the players they have to bring in have been robbed off other teams youth systems to keep the myth of Man Utd alive. The reason i have put Man Utd where they are however is that ive long since learned not to underestimate them or doubt Alex Ferguson too much. I also think that they still have a style and philosophy – though greatly exaggerated by the media – that lends itself to a stable and coherent style of play and helps new players either from the youth ranks or from transfers bed in quite quickly because everyone knows where they are meant to be playing, and what their role is in the team – you really cant say that about their strongest rivals.

Main Man – Wayne Rooney
I never thought i’d be saying this a few years ago surrounded by all the hype but Wayne Rooney is now an underrated footballer. Outside of Ronaldo and Messi, there isnt a single better Forward in the world in my opinion. I think the debate of whether to play him centrally or out left is largely irrelevant as long as he isnt played alone upfront. For all his temprament issues he doesnt willingly go missing regardless of score and is irreplacable.

02. Chelsea

I recognise that Chelsea will be a lot of peoples picks based on personel but i would sound a word of caution that im not convinced theyre much more than the sum of their parts. First, the positives. Lampard will still bang in 10-15 goals and contribute massively in the middle of the park. Drogba will cheat and dive and bully his way to about a thousand ill earned free kicks and every now and again will score a very good legal goal which will be almost unbearable to suffer. The defence will be solid, and if needed, the fullbacks can attack and add another aspect to their attack. There is however, still a lack of genuine width, or at least a lack of patience for those who try to provide it (Malouda is much maligned given the fact his output has been pretty good in the worst time to be an attacking player in EPL history: see also Kalou). Essien will be misused, Ballack stunted to accomodate Lampard (fair enough, but what a waste), Anelka shifted around. You’re also at the whim of Drogba/Lampard/Terry’s egos, the cartel that effectively runs Chelsea football club these days. Ancelloti despite his success is no guarentee to last, his coaching methods differ from those the English players will be used to. Maybe he will be a success, but its not a certainty. Zhirkov is the best player to join the EPL this year however and will give them more options. Overall i expect Chelsea to batter, bruise, bore, and be very close.

Main Man: Frank Lampard
Drogba might be more effective at peak, but Frank will be there week in week out and won’t sulk. Still the best goalscoring midfielder in the league and good for another fair few triple deflection Lampard classics.

03. Liverpool
A bit of an indifferent summer, which is usually what happens at Anfield around this time. The most significant or publicised change anyway is Alonso for Aquiliani. My personal feeling is while Alonso is a huge loss, last season might have actually represented a peak year of his career – he wasnt that good in 07/08, so would he be in 09/10? At any rate Aquiliani has a huge role in the team to fill and time will tell on that one. The truth of the matter is that its difficult to see in many ways how its going to affect Liverpool – Alonso had very few attacking options to pass to anyway. Players still seem to be used out of position or get shunted around (Kuyt, Benayoun) which doesnt utilise their talents to the maximum. And the #1 problem in the team has been for the last few years that if Gerrard and Torres arent there, there are good players, but no matchwinners. Keane failed miserably, and although Liverpool have dodged the Barry bullet, wheres the attacking backup? Ngog or a returning Voronin are not premiership winning players even if they improve – moves for a striker havent materialised at all which is going to result in another one dimensional formation that will struggle to get the job done against teams who sit in against them. Could be the year that Carragher’s legs start to go. On the positive side, forget the money paid for him, Johnson will be a great addition to the team – having at least one fullback bombing forward can only be a positive thing and might make the formation work a little bit better. Benitez continues to frustrate, annoy, not do enough to get sacked, but not really progress liverpool in terms of the style or cohesion. Last years title challenge was impressive but relied on squeaking out many games – without a plan B (ATTACK!) they will struggle to knock off the same teams who derailed the title challenge last year.

Main Man: Steven Gerrard
Maybe he isnt the best player in the world, but hes the most effective one. A total intangible when hes on the pitch, sadly lacking in people who will carry the weight on his off days.

04. Arsenal

Wenger. He is the reason that Arsenal will finish no higher or lower than 4th this year. Stubbornness in the transfer market alligned with a potential u turn over Patrick Vieira leaves his judgement under question for probably the first time genuinely. I’ve always thought hes a genius, but after a while it doesnt matter what is good or bad ‘business’ in the transfer market, sometimes you have to hang on to players and pay them more than they are worth, and sometimes you have to sign players for fees you didnt want to pay. Arsenal’s business sense and business plan is admirable but it doesnt win titles – and theyre still a world class player or two light to be considered genuine challengers this year. Particularly worrying in my opinion is the striking department. Having shipped off one moderately competent lump in Adebayor, they havent even been mentioned in the race for any of the worlds best available strikers – Eduardo, Vela, all fine and well as backup and improving talents, but arent the men for now. Injuries really decimated Arsenal last year, the press seemed to forget Fabregas and Rosicky were gone – in the formers case they better hope Wenger doesnt receive an above-the-odds offer from Barcelona. What they do have though is youth coming through – not all of them will make it, and most of them wont make it at Arsenal, but they do learn to play football in a settled system. I know nothing of Vermaelen, but even with his signing theyre a center half light too. My personal feeling though is they have too much know how and experience to drop lower than this.

Main Man: Cesc Fabregas
Might have to review my prediction if he leaves. A string puller, once he gets back into the swing of things, he can continue his development.

05. Everton

Stung by my writing them off last season, and going against the instinct in me that wants to put more glamorous clubs ahead of them, at #5 i’ve gone for a proper football club, well run, put together, and incredibly well managed. Incredibly for a team that is so stodgy at times, their defence at least on paper feels like the weakest link – particularly at full back, where Leighton Baines has underpeformed, and Tony Hibbert has overperformed manfully but is out of his depth. Could be excacerbated by any departure of Lescott, though im sure a manager as prepared as Moyes has potential replacements lined up. The midfield is what makes Everton a great team, possessing such a good balance of grit and attack. You couldnt ask for a better fiery attacker than Cahill, or a craftier controller than Arteta (when fit). Upfront, surely they cant have the same appalling luck with injuries that they did last year – i would like to see them play with 2 up top more often than they do though because some games can end up being a bit dull. No major changes needed here, just tinkering. If Moyes can improve his record in the transfer market by finding a couple of gems before the window shuts, you could argue he is the complete manager.

Main Man: Tim Cahill

Even having no forwards ahead of him last year did his goal output no harm. Hes an amazing example of what happens when a team has the nuts to put an attacking midfielder in the center of the field rather than punting them out wide - one of my personal bugbears.

06. Man City

I am loathe to put them even this high up the list. Never before in footballing history has a team put together such a collection of bridesmaids. The team has no balance, no shape, and the only criteria for joining seems to be you have to be a player with a fairly large question mark above your head at the highest level. Its the kind of team that if say, you put them all in Everton shirts, you’d expect them to win the league, because in that case theyd be more than the sum of their parts. Mark Hughes is not in David Moyes league however. He hasnt done enough (yet) to get his inevitable heave-ho, but also he hasnt done anything to make me suspect hes able to gel all the massive egos and bank balances into an XI that can win football games away from home. Theres no doubt theres talent there – Tevez might not be a prolific scorer, but hes a prolific worker and will make space for other attackers. Robinho is a terrific player when he can be bothered, and maybe having some ‘bigger’ names to play with might bring the best out of him – hes a better player than his first year media suggests. But all over the pitch theres questions – Toure might have great premiership experience but hes not John Terry, he’ll still be playing alongside Richard Dunne and he spent a lot of last year on the bench. Adebayor’s form comes and goes, Santa Cruz might have been hot shit this time last year but he just came off a poor season, Bellamy might have been City’s main forward the back end of last year but now his ego is going to have to accept a spot on the bench and being shoved out wide when he does play. Ireland had an amazing season and really played well – whasts his license now? Can a team really afford to play him? Kompany, Barry, and De Jong are all probably vying for the one position – could this depth be better used in central defence? Micah Richards – he passes the big name test so wont be shipped out, but is he actually any good? Certainly not with the ball at his feet. Undoubtably Man City’s team is a glass half full or glass half empty proposition, there are very good players in every position – usually at least 2 for every position – but their motivation and determination and cohesion has got to be seriously questioned. Their peaks will be worth watching, but prepare to spend an awfully long period of time wondering how such a team of international superstars can struggle to put two passes together

Main Man: Robinho
I think his fluctuating form is going to define their season, but i would say i think hes going to vastly benefit from the greater space he’ll have available to him with Carlos Tevez on the other flank.

07. Tottenham Hotspurs

Harry Redknapp arrived and instantly complained about how unbalanced the Spurs squad was. To counteract that, he decided to field an entire team consisting of fullbacks. Not neccesarily in a bad way, but the Spurs squad is a mess. Look at the strikers – they got Keane back from Liverpool and realised that even though they made a tidy sum for a short term loan, he isnt a gamebreaker any more. They bought Crouch, who is an incredibly useful option, but over a long period of time, you have to put up with a lot of frustratingly shit football – spurs dont have this patience. Defoe left because he was #3, and has come back, to find hes probably going to be #3 or #4 again. Pavulyuchenko underperformed in his first year as a Spurs player but is probably the best of the 4 but receives no fan support and is already linked with a move out. Which 2 do you play? And if you play 2 rather than 1, Modric cant cope with the midfield load that involves intense physicality. The essential problem with Spurs is their lack of patience and inability to nurture talent. David Bentley should have turned into a better player, Aaron lennon should have learned how to cross, Alan Hutton should have became a rampaging right back, Jermaine Jenas should have become an England squad regular, Gareth Bale should have played in a team that has won a game of football – but they havent, beacause of the size of the squad and the impatience of the fans and the board. Redknapp is good at motivating and wheeling and dealing, but normally on a lower budget than this. For the lofty expectations that Spurs will have as usual, expect another season of fits and starts, potential, and puzzlement.

Main Man: Winston Palacios
In a midfield where it appears nobody wants their position from one week to the next, hes Spurs best hope of having a constant that anchors them and lets them play in the opponents half.

08. Aston Villa

This is one of the best cases of losing momentum that i can ever remember. Villa were going nowhere but up, they achieved moderate success in placing 4th for a large part of the season, then fell away. Now not only is it just as difficult as it was before, but the fans have lost the novelty factor of mild success, and instead hanker for it as a demand. This is a difficult stage for a football club. Its also something i never thought i would have to say about a Martin O’Neill managed team, but where is the motivation? They looked absolutely lifeless down the back end of the year. And more to the point, where are the signings? Laursen and Mellberg departed means Davies is the senior central defender, with Beye or Cuellar probably moving to the centre. Bouma and Young are good full backs, but O’Neill doesnt rate Nicky Shorey which leaves them short right accross the back. The starting midfield of Young-Petrov-Sidwell-Milner is energetic, well balanced, and versatile – a real positive. But attempts havent really been made to replace gareth barry, or bring in any more depth to the midfield as a whole, with the exception of course of the injured till Christmas Downing. Forward options are good, especially if just one is played up top, but the rigours of a long Premiership season really took their toll last year, and unless an influx of at least 5 or 6 new players come in the same is going to happen again, this time with greater challenges in the upper echelons of the league.

Main Man: Gabriel Agbonlahor
So maybe Ashley Young is a better player, but look whose form coincided most with the form of the team as a whole. When he got tired out, the fans got on his back, which was pathetic. They need him and they should support him.

09. Sunderland

I think theyve added well to their squad, and the change of manager will surely suit them. More than anything it feels like theres a bit more optimism regarding the clubs prospects which is a huge intangible (almost in a manner opposite to say, Aston Villa or Portsmouth). Between Ferdinand, Richardson, Campbell, Malbranque, they have enough players that instead of settling into a mediocre routine, look to have something to prove, as they have a few players on the very fringes of the international team in a world cup year. If he can get his form and motivation back, Kenwyn Jones is an amazing asset to have, particularly now some speedier forward options in Campbell and Bent have been bought to partner him. Steve Bruce knows what to do in the Premiership to get wins, and while i might have placed them a little bit higher than their squad depth and talent pool might suggest they deserve, i personally feel as if they are going to be one of the suprise packages of the year.

Main Man: Darren Bent
Much maligned and yet how many goals did he get for Spurs last year? A player who has suffered from bad media, a massive transfer fee, and a lack of fan support at a club that doesnt know how to treat players, but still got 20 in a year for Charlton, and look where they are now. Going to silence a lot of critics

10. Fulham

One of the real success stories of last year, Fulham played with energy and verve, they were a good team to watch in a league where playing bad football meant more points. The team seemed full of revitalised players, like Johnson, Zamora, Murphy, Konchesky, and thoroughly merited their high finish. Could it all fall apart? Yes – they dont have the depth to accomodate too many injuries or losses of form, and dont have the resources to plug some of the gaps that might appear. By no means a shoe in for any position in the league, they at least gained a lot of respect last year with the way they played the game. Keeping Hangelaand will be difficult and losing him would be pretty dreadful, but its par for the course at some stage. At least in Hodgson they have the sort of manager with contacts to replace some of the players who will inevitably be lost.

Main Man: Danny Murphy
He’s having a real resurgence at Fulham, a player that looks like he really benefits from being a center piece in the middle of the field rather than being punted out wide.

11. West Ham

A difficult team to predict. When i saw them at the start of last season, i regretted not predicting them for a shock relegation. They didnt seem to understand Zola, they didnt seem to have any spine, and the players that you hoped might make a step up (in particular Mark Noble) seemed to take a bit of a backwards step. But towards the back end of the season they really gelled and nearly made it into Europe. They are the pretty architypal mid table side at the moment – dangerous on their day, but more importantly, with an excellent spine of Green-Upson-Parker-Cole (who would ever thought he would develop any reliability) going through the team. The exodus that was threatened to happen never materialised, and while theyre still fighting to hold on to players, the youth system has brought through the likes of Collison and bled them with ease. I dont forsee any trouble if the squad remains reasonably intact, and they dont get naive when playing the Boltons of the league.

Main Man : Matthew Upson
Not a game changer, but i suspect he would be the biggest loss if he was to go. Not only would you lose his defensive abilities but you’d lose his ability to marshall a defence too, in a youngish side.

12. Blackburn

Big Sam takes his ugly travelling hoofshow to yet another mid table clogfest. There are quite a few ugly teams in the league, but none of them can kick a ball or a man as high into the air as one managed by Allardyce. In fairness to him, he works within limitations, and thanks to Newcastle’s impatience and subsequent relegation we’ll never know if he would play better football on a bigger budget. But not everyone is Ruud Gullit. The sale of Roque Santa Cruz was probably a pretty good move – sam begged him to stay till the end of the season to help them stay up – santa cruz did **** all, and they stayed up anyway – so call it a tidy profit. There are enough massive players such as Nelsen and Roberts all over the field to give some of the nippier players like Warnock (excellent player) or Diouf room to nip the one goal they need to try and shut down the game. They have a good keeper, and in his own bizarre way, Allardyce at least knows how to buy players to fit the system that he wants to play. Despite his critics, thats a pretty rare talent, one that more celebrated managers could do with taking a look at.

Main Man: Benni McCarthy
Not even a guarenteed starter, but with Santa Cruz gone must have to take on more of the goalscoring responsibility. Has a massive massive ego, so will probably respond well to the responsibility.

13.Wigan

Pretty much every season since theyve been promoted i’ve been trying to see the back of Wigan, and they proved me wrong just about every step of the way. The funny thing is i now actually dont mind them because they have finally developed an identity and a business plan – almost as a feeder club from South America to the Premier League. Its a realistic, innovative, and interesting strategy that has already brought the league players like Rodallega, Palacios (Spurs) and Valencia (Man Utd). For that reason, im more interested in seeing them stay up than the likes of a team that just goes out and buys premier league veterans to do the minimum job neccesary in an attempt to finish 17th. Ironically for a team that contains Paul Scharner, the main problem they might encounter is trying to play too much football – McCarthy is a talent but is young, Jordi Gomez is a talent but is fragile, Scott Sinclair is pacy but untested and Roberto Martinez brings an exciting philosophical approach to the game but could end up finding that in the Premier League, interesting football is not really what you need. However, if they develop a settled system, the team can be more than the sum of its parts. In Rodallega/Sinclair/N’Zogbia they have actually quite an exciting attacking trio if they play together, and funnily enough a season ticket at the JJB could be one of the more entertaining tickets this year.

Main Man: Paul Scharner
I’m an unreserved fan of Scharners, because of his versatility and his character. You have to accept a few bad challenges here and there in order to profit from the domineering nature he brings to a team.

14. Bolton

Bolton’s slow trundle down the league.... continues. Think they have enough again. Megson will never be loved and every game he loses will be another spoilt Allardyce era Bolton fan calling for his head. But with Cahill/Robinson/Knight in the defence, they look pretty set for another reasonably mediocre campaign of bludgeoning. Davies will still be one of the worst center forwards in the league to watch, but one of the most effective. More will be needed out of Elmander, who was truly dreadful after a sickeningly inflated fee last season. With bruisers like Nicky Hunt still kicking around (literally) they wont give much away, and although bad form could make them drop candidates, i have to suspect that they have a little bit too much grit and determination coupled with the odd moment from Matty Taylor, Sean Davis, Fabrice Muamba to go down.

Main Man: Kevin Davies
In the bottom half of the table there probably isnt a more effective center forward. He fits right into the attack and defend as a team mentality. Although it would sicken the purists, i always wonder how he would do upfront for england, particularly if they insist in playing only one forward with Rooney off him.

15. Stoke

Stoke’s disgustingly horrible football will be no suprise this year to anyone, but it might well still be enough. Theres no doubt that the Brittania is still going to be a difficult ground to go to because of the noise, but its also difficult to wonder whether they can get the same sort of result this time around. My general feeling is that they might just take enough points particularly against those naive enough to play any kind of football against them. Some interesting players i guess, Tonge and Fuller in particular, and Kitson if he ever hits form again. Stodgy if unimpressive enough at the back to put 10 men behind the ball and frustrate even the best of teams away from home. Beattie looked like a revitalised player up front when he signed in January, interesting to see if he can keep it up now hes got another chance at the premier league.

Main Man: Rory Delap
Blah blah blah long throws blah blah blah. Surely cant be as effective this year, but still a weapon as well as a symbol of the clubs successful unorthodoxy.

16. Birmingham

I’m a little bit on the biased side because with so many Scottish internationals in and around the team i maybe want to think theyre a little bit better than they are. But i think that McFadden and Jerome are wildcards that give you options that maybe other teams down the bottom of the table dont have. Phillips is still good for Championship level goals, and theres a lot of Championship level clubs down the bottom end of the table. Ferguson is a better player than his media and reputation suggests and can do a seriously good job marshalling the midfield. Defensively last season they were sound, and attacking wise they lacked a fair bit of flair, but ironically at the moment this is pretty much the formula you need to survive in the Premiership. A bit of uncertainty about the future of Alex McLeish, a pretty solid bet for first manager to be fired in the new season if you ask me. However, i think theres enough about them that they should be able to sneak past a couple of sides that find they cant live up to the strain of the league.

Main Man: Christian Benitez
If he plays anything like as well as he did in the South american qualifiers ive seen him play, Birmingham have found a hell of a player. Injury prone apparently, but when you struggle for goals in the championship, you have to gamble to try and make it in the premier league and they have.

17. Portsmouth

It has become quite trendy at the moment to predict portsmouth for relegation and it isnt difficult to see why. Not only have they lost Diarra/Defoe/Crouch/Johnson in the space of half a year, but the mood around the club is abysmal. Replacements havent really been brought in, but Finnan is an excellent purchase. Paul Hart’s ‘temporary’ tag has been taken off him, but you cant help but feel he might be consigned to the dustbin before christmas. They still have a residual better squad than some of the teams around them but quite frankly at the moment if any of their players play well, theyll be off. If the window shuts with James Distin and Campbell still there, i’ll be suprised. Had a pretty good run in the premier league but the last couple of years have been some seriously bad football to watch and have now lost the momentum that made them popular.

Main Man: Sylvain Distin
Again, if they lose him, its curtains really. There are a lot of clubs still in the market for a center half too, so its not as if bids arent going to materialise.

18. Wolves

With their purchases they have made a concerted effort to improve. Hahnemann is a good goalkeeper, Doyle is worth the 6.5m outlay, Zubar from Marseille could prove to be a good buy. Berra is a decent central defender too. Mick McCarthy certainly has something to prove in the premier league, but the other side of that coin is that you could say he cant cut it at the top level. The honest to god truth is that i dont know an awful lot about many of their players, so if they were to do well, which is entirely possible, it would be similar in manner to how Wigan did it a few seasons ago when they came up, unearthing a lot of gems in the process. I’m not willing to speculate on those chances.

Main Man: Sylvain Ebanks-Blake
Scored a shitload of goals in the championship and will need to do the same thing again if theyre to have any hope of staying in the league and consolidating for next year.

19. Hull
The team everyone grew to... hate. It might have been unfair, but permatan Phil Brown basically put an entire country off a city that already has a reputation problem. What should have been a celebrated success story ended up being a bit of a farce. The worst thing about Hull staying up last year was they looked absolutely certain to go down this year, thus making one of the three positions uninteresting. Time will tell if they can successfully draw a line under last year or not, but all the agents say their players have no interest in going to Hull, and if you look at the transfer targets that have turned them down, its not suprising why. They really havent improved on last year at all, and unless another 5 geovanni 1 in 100 shots fly into the roof of the net this season, its impossible to imagine how they will be better than last year. Turner linked with moves away now, me smells a sinking ship.

Main Man: Stephen Hunt
A good signing, but a player who deserves a chance at a better team. Excellent when Reading were in the league, and a great fighter, but Championship bound again im afraid.

20. Burnley

I really hope they do better than this, and i really hope the club and the fans dont lose their head. The truth is, Burnley have won promotion too early, and they arent ready for the premier league. Owen Coyle is a good young manager but you learn your trade in the championship for longer than this. They are unprepared and dont have the resources to make themselves competitive, and if they do something stupid like actually try and play football this season, theyre going to be punished for it. I dont see Steven Fletcher as a Premier League quality forward, and with the exception of David Edgar from Newcastle who deserves a chance in a team that doesnt demoralise its players from day 1, i dont think theyve strengthened at all. My main hope for them is they dont do something catastrophic like fire Owen Coyle and spend £15 on a striker at January in the mistaken belief that one player could keep them up. A team i would love to be proved wrong on.

Main Man: Chris Eagles
Again, not always going to be a starter, but a tremendous talent. The kind of player you could have seen really make an impact in the Premier League long before now if he hadnt wasted half his life cleaning boots at Man Utd.

So overall, thats

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Man City
8. Aston Villa
9. Fulham
10. Sunderland
11. West Ham
12. Blackburn
13. Wigan
14. Bolton
15. Stoke
16. Birmingham
17. Portsmouth
18. Wolves
19. Hull
20. Burnley

Thanks for reading - please add your predictions and thoughts!

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2009, 23:59   #2
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Premiership Predictions 2009/2010

my predictions

1.chelsea will win the title (though i hope not)
2.arsenal will finish above liverpool
3.stifler will talk a load of shite about how great liverpool are and how unfair everything is
4.everyone in planetarion will suddenly stop supporting man united if they arent winning and all of a sudden become life long 'insert winning team here' fans
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 16:33   #3
Pa_Bear
With a Smile

Pa_Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really care but well done on the thread.

So many words

Go Newcastle United!!! lol
Pa_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2009, 10:28   #4
PewPewQQ
Google Me.
Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Summer Games Champion, Twelve Swap Champion

PewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the rough

1 - Chelsea (And Champions League)
2 - Man U (FA Cup)
3 - Arsenal
4 - Liverpool
5 - Tottenham
6 - Man City

PewPewQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2009, 14:54   #5
Jelly

Jelly is an unknown quantity at this point