User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Aug 2007, 17:09   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
top 5 tv shows of the 1990s

I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I've found it surprisingly difficult to think off-hand shows which started in the 1990s.

My top 5 (that I can think of) are (in no particular order):

1) West Wing
2) X-Files
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5) Futurama*

*was going to be Simpsons but 1989

Honourable mentions for:

3rd Rock From The Sun (Classic comedy)
Absolutely Fabulous (just... fab)
Clarissa Explains It All (Mellissa Joan Hart )
Daria (in the world of 1 dimentional charcters, Daria is king)
Diagnosis Murder (Dick Van Dyke. What a guy, what a name)
Dinosaurs (they're ike us, only dinosuars!)
Family Guy (need I say more?)
Friends (Ross + Rachel, will they/won't they? Oh it's all so dramatic! Yet funny. )
King Of The Hill (inbred hicks are funny)
Ren and Stimpy (gross)
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (more, older, Melissa Joan Hart goodness )
South Park (didn't get good until the next millennium, but whatever)
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

Last edited by All Systems Go; 2 Aug 2007 at 17:32.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 17:21   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: top 5 tv shows of the 1990s

Bugs.

The lack of Friends in your list makes it completely invalid, by the way.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 17:31   #3
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was just going to add that into the edit actually, though for it's cultural impact it's not in the top 5 but I think I'm a bit biased as I've only seen the later episodes recently and they're nowhere near as good as the earlier stuff.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 17:44   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I can only remember watching tv series from the eighties
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 17:45   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think I was alive during the 90's.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:13   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I would have Spaced and Game-On in there, also Have I Got News For You.

I sometimes feel like i'm the only person in the world that didn't like Friends.

edit: having never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm, i looked it up on IMDB, and apparently it's a programme from 2000.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:14   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Futurama
Spaced
Babylon 5
Brass Eye
The West Wing (or at least the first three seasons of it)

Buffy was good as well, for three seasons at least. The Day Today was superb, for more Morris. Some of Lexx was good.

lol anime: Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The lack of Friends in your list makes it completely invalid, by the way.
God you're a fag.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:16   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:31   #9
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
I would have Spaced and Game-On in there, also Have I Got News For You.

I sometimes feel like i'm the only person in the world that didn't like Friends.

edit: having never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm, i looked it up on IMDB, and apparently it's a programme from 2000.
No, it says 1999. I thought Spaced was 2000 though.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:37   #10
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
1) West Wing
2) X-Files
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm
4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5) Futurama
I like your list but I think the guy who said Curb Your Enthusiasm first aired in the 2000s was right so I'll sub that out and stick in Father Ted which was very funny and also I don't want all five to be American.

[edit] **** I forgot Twin Peaks. Okay I'm subbing out Buffy and in goes Twin Peaks. Now I'm done.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:39   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I like your list ASG, especially X Files. I stopped watching it after season 5 but the first three seasons or so were great. I'll probably watch them again soon, see if they're as good as I remember.

Thinking about this now makes me realise that the 90's wasn't particularly good for TV shows, especially non comedies. Nothing from the 90's can compete with the likes of Lost, Prison Break and Heroes.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:39   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
lol anime: Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun

God you're a fag.

Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:50   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I take it you're not a fan of tragedy (either Aristotle's type, or the Hegelian variety). Or, in the case of Kenshin, a few good episodes with a whole lot of filler.

Quote:
24th September 1999 was not in 2000, I'm afraid to say.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:54   #14
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
How odd for it to be listed twice. Is that the pilot or something?
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:59   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tough to do a top 5 but alot of those mentioned would be in the running

I would add though

Freaks and Geeks
News Radio
Sports Night
Seinfield
Frasier
My So Called Life
Felicity
Mad About You
Now and Again
Murder one
The Sopranos
ER (Early Seasons atleast)
American Gothic
Dark Skies
Angel
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 19:05   #16
All Systems Go

Quote:
It probably is actually. there was an hour long special which is a bit different to the tv show.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 19:05   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Something like that. It started showing on TV in late 2000.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 19:06   #18
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
24th September 1999 was not in 2000, I'm afraid to say.
I missed it first time around so it was a rough estimate.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 19:06   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Anything else is personal choice, but the two shows that defined the 90s were friends and buffy.

Friends is of course terrible. Buffy's merits are questionable but it has more longetivity and survivability.

I wouldnt know where to begin with a top 5 because i cant really draw a difference in my head between something in 1998 and something in 2002; post 97ish its difficult to claim a discernable medium wide difference in style.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 19:10   #20
All Systems Go

When dividing history into persiods of time it's very dificult to do so comprehensivley. that's why I chose the beginning and the end of the decade, even though it cot me at least one fantasvic show (Simpsons).
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 19:25   #21
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Oz
Twin Peaks
Babylon 5
The League of Gentlemen
Futurama
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 19:45   #22
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

in no particular order:
spaced
jam (imdb says 2000, but i think it's really 1999)
brass eye
have i got news for you
the fast show

Various cartoons/american cult tv programs could arguably be here, but i don't really think they deserve it when compaired to those listed above, although it depends on how you choose to rate the "top", if you're going purely by viewing figures, the list would probably be more like:
Friends
Frasier
Souh park
Buffy the vampire slayer
and, of course, The Simpsons (first aired in the uk on 2nd september 1990)
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 20:22   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
jam (imdb says 2000, but i think it's really 1999
First episode was b/c March 2000.
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 20:32   #24
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

but it was based on the radio show, which iirc was before then, which has to count for something
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 22:43   #25
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
but it was based on the radio show, which iirc was before then, which has to count for something
not when you're talking about tv shows. Casino Royale was based on the book written in the 50's/60's, but you wouldn't call it a 60's film would you (and don't get smart with me and bring up the spoof Casino Royale)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 23:45   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The 90s was a pretty shitty decade.
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 02:06   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It was an improvement over the decade of mediocrity though (the 80s).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 03:18   #28
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ER
Friends
Murder One
The Simpsons
The West Wing
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 05:48   #29
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

West Wing, Futurama, The Practice..
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 14:37   #30
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

The Simpsons, Friends, Buffy, Fresh prince of Bel Air
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 19:21   #31
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

as was mentioned earlier, simpsons was first aired in america in 1989, so it's technically not a 90's program
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 08:27   #32
master01

Mad About You
Now and Again
Murder one
The Sopranos
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 08:40   #33
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Babylon 5
Stargate SG1 ( i think this first came out in the tail end of the 90s )
Deep space 9
Futurama
Family guy
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:21   #34
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by master01
Mad About You
Now and Again
Murder one
The Sopranos
delete post, ban user (see advert in sig, and post count of 1.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:52   #35
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
ban user (see advert in sig, and post count of 1).
Done, ta.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:54   #36
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Deep space 9
That's not even the best Star Trek of the 90s.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:58   #37
furball

Quote:
That's not even the best Star Trek of the 90s.
Some people preferred DS9 to Voyager. Both had their positives in my eyes - DS9 in the war with the Dominion (which I only saw a few episodes of) and Voyager when it was doing cool Borg stuff.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 17:31   #38
All Systems Go

Quote:
Some people preferred DS9 to Voyager. Both had their positives in my eyes - DS9 in the two Daxs' and Voyager when it was 7 of 9 or Kes
Fixed.

God, I'm bored.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 18:02   #39
furball

Quote:
Fixed.

God, I'm bored.
And sexually frustrated, by the sounds of it!
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 18:07   #40
All Systems Go

Quote:
And sexually frustrated, by the sounds of it!
Quote:
Brad Goodman: Troy, this circle is you.
Troy McClure: My god, it's like you've known me my whole life.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 19:15   #41
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by master01
Mad About You
Now and Again
Murder one
The Sopranos
delete post, ban user (see advert in sig, and post count of 1.
Done, ta.
Wait, what? He wasn't advertising another online game (Clause 6: Advertising), and it was just in his signature. He'd made a perfectly valid post (on topic too, which is more than can be said for most of us!)

If I put a link in my signature to somewhere like.... oh I don't know... ebay or somewhere, would I be banned too?
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 19:19   #42
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Wait, what? He wasn't advertising another online game (Clause 6: Advertising), and it was just in his signature. He'd made a perfectly valid post (on topic too, which is more than can be said for most of us!)

If I put a link in my signature to somewhere like.... oh I don't know... ebay or somewhere, would I be banned too?
that's different, this was his first post, and it was fairly obviously a marketing statement in the sig. You however have been a member of this forum for many years. Also the advertising clause (didn't used to) specify as to what was or wasn't allowed, mearly that if you want to advertise, you can give jolt a cheque and they'll put up a banner.

Also, tk, stop being a tit about anti-advertising bans, it's wearing thin.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 19:33   #43
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

haven't i replied to this thread earlier?

anyway

Babylon 5
Why hasn't this been listed more often? Babylon 5 is the perfect example how a sci fi show should deal with story arcs.

Futurama
Simpsons are technically 80'

Friends
Well they jumped the shark in the end but still a nice show

Star Trek DS9
Finally Star Trek dropped the status quo dogma

Stargate SG1
Good actors, good character design make up for the weak plot of some episodes.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 19:47   #44
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

I even kept his post since it 'contributed'.

We've been over the rest of this argument before and nothing has changed. I'm not going to start carrying it on now.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 20:38   #45
Tomkat

Is "Round the Twist" a 90s show because that was pretty kooky.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 20:41   #46
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

i seem to remember it was awesome, and i think it was 90's
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 22:08   #47
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Spaced
American Gothic
League of Gentlemen
South Park
Young Persons Guide to Becoming a Rock Star
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 22:12   #48
All Systems Go

There was an American show. This mans wife was raped and killed in the subway and this many hunted the criminal down and killed him. Shortly after the husband died and went to Hell.

In Hell 100-odd demons escaped to Earth and this mand was chosen to get them back. On his body he had a tatoo for each demon and they disappeared every time he caught one.

It was cancelled after about 12 episodes but I thought it was really good.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 22:46   #49
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Sounds like Brimstone.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 22:47   #50
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

X-Files and Married to Children are my personal favourites

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote