User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Jun 2007, 00:51   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
poker

i know a few people around here play and i was wondering what sites you use, looking to start online (very small buy-ins at first obviously) and i was wondering if any particular site was worth mentioning

cheers
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 02:23   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: poker

2003 called, they wanted their shit game of chance back

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 02:48   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i hate you
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 03:47   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no you dont

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 10:14   #5
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I change sites a lot since I tend to play at one site for a month, get fed up, cash out and then not play for 3 months. After which I inevitably don't want to return to the same site. Most recently I was on Irish Eyes Poker and PKR.

Irish eyes is a good site with excellent text file logging so you can review hands with ease at your convenience. The client itself is pretty basic but there are a wide range of ring games/tournaments/freerolls etc.

PKR is, as far I know, the most graphically advanced poker client. It lokks awesome when compared to the others and has the broadest range of emoticons and shit. These just annoy me after 5 minutes so I turn inevitably them off but some people really like it. The choice of games is a little more basic than at Irish Eyes but it's still a pretty good site.

All that said, I'm not convinced either of these sites is the best I've ever played on although PKR would be one of my most successful.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 12:09   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

If you just start playing go to pokerstrategy.org.uk and sign up for a party poker account over that site. you get 50$ for free plus another 100 for playing a little. You only need to do some reading (but thats a good idea no matter where you start or this whole game can get very expensive) and finish some kind of quiz.
That's a great way to start playing poker wioth out risking any of your own money.
Other than that I play on pacific poker (easy competition, but that graphics are horrible), interpoker (pretty tough, but GREAT bonus system and rakeback. Also most games are short handed, which is not a good place to start for a beginner) and bwin (pokerroom skin, easy competition, no bonus, horrible software )
I also still have some money on poker stars, but i didnt play there in the last few month because its pretty hard to make any money from all these rocks :/)
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 12:19   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Me and Dace played at Ladbrokes.

Lots of tournaments, very good British site. No Americans. Just Europeans.

I did quite well there, Dace did very well. Only problem is there are probably less amateurs swimming around, a few decent players there. On the plus side it means you don't get called by a pair of threes when you have a pair kings. On the downside there is some competition. But after playing at laddies you see that you improve your game.

Oh the software is decent as well (this is important imo, you are staring at this poker software, you might as well like what you are staring at, why I could never really get into 888)
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 14:01   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

cheers all, might sign up for something tonight

will report back how much i lose over the next couple of weeks!
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 16:40   #9
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

I play free games on laddies. I swear it's fixed, to the point that I can predict with reasonable accuracy what cards are coming up. I mean when I play poker for real I hardly ever see any straights, on ladbrokes you see three in a row
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 20:26   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I play on FT. Had some sick bad luck for a while but im finnally back in good profits. I dont recommend Full Tilt to new players since there is a lot of good players even at the lower stakes.
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 20:52   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

how is the bonus on full tilt? and how is the traffic on full ring NL tables (about NL 50)? i really suck short handed
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 21:10   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Try http://www.ultimatepokerbankroll.com/ for a way to quick-start your bankroll
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 22:32   #13
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

I play on PartyPoker.
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 22:35   #14
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

ladbrokes and fulltilt, i sometimes play the pacific network as the prizes on there tournies are good, but sick beats in them usually. Laddies and fulltilt are the best places to play and learn, imo.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 00:11   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

well ****, i cant find my wallet, so no poker tonight bah
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 00:31   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
well ****, i cant find my wallet, so no poker tonight bah
I bet your wife's got it for this very reason
We shall remember them.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 00:36   #17
roadrunner_0
cynic

nah, if it was pb she would have seen the thread and done something about it (the way this weekend has gone the doing something about it would have been either starting a massive row about me wasting money or telling my mother in law so i could have got snide comments for a couple of weeks) hence me asking on here
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 00:56   #18
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
nah, if it was pb she would have seen the thread and done something about it (the way this weekend has gone the doing something about it would have been either starting a massive row about me wasting money or telling my mother in law so i could have got snide comments for a couple of weeks) hence me asking on here
Ah, a rather cunning stunt indeed
We shall remember them.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 01:13   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

what can i say , cunning stunts all round!
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 16:25   #20
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Laddies is ok (it doesn't allow Americans).

Watch out for those bots RR!
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:14   #21
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
(it doesn't allow Americans).
And that'S a good thing?
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:52   #22
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Do you know how to play poker?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 00:41   #23
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
And that'S a good thing?
I didn't say it was, not that it makes a difference now come to think of it but they seemed to use it as a selling point at the time before the changes in internet gambling laws was announced in America.

I've never used any other sites so I don't really know why.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 20:40   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

yes, i know how to play poker, well, texas hold 'em rulesanyway, not to au fait with the other varieties

oh, and the americans are still going to be able to play poker online, just not bet, as they are trying to gets games of skill excluded from the legislation