User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Apr 2007, 00:16   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Unknown Bands/Songs you'd like to share

Inspired by this thread http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194234 I thought I'd create a thread where people could share some music that the rest of us might not have heard of. I'd like to hear of some bands/songs that are worth listening to that might not be very known. Some might only be known in their own country, some might be local to where you live. I enjoy some new music, and a good variety is always good

I think the band I'd want you all to know about is Minor Majority. A norwgian band that has been growing more and more populare in norway last few years. Depressive guitar music with very pleasant vocals. My favourite song is one called This Time. Try it

Minor Majority - This Time

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 00:42   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Unknown Bands/Songs you'd like to share

Well, we do have a music thread dedicated to recommending bands. I would like to recommend Prinzhorn Dance School. They have signed to a subsidury of EMI but have only released a 7" vinyl with 2 songs on.

It's pretty basic but good.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 01:38   #3
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Well, we do have a music thread dedicated to recommending bands. I would like to recommend Prinzhorn Dance School. They have signed to a subsidury of EMI but have only released a 7" vinyl with 2 songs on.

It's pretty basic but good.
seen live. signed to DFA records. shite.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 01:51   #4
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It isn't 'new' and i've obviously heard it from the tropicana advert, but vague nouvelle's just can't get enough is better than the real thing imho.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 01:59   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

actually i think its the kind of disgusting lift music that id prefer i never had to hear again. that sort of shit and the song in the Mobile phone advert with all the people appearing behind blankets and benches and shit like that which is of its ilk is puke inducing

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 02:13   #6
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

if your innerself started smiling you'd appreciate it
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 07:20   #7
milo

I realise that most of this forum is into rock and anything that remotely deviates from that tends to be cut down, that said i'd like to share 3.30 of non serious baz lurmanesque novelty sillyness for those into beats. If you've never liked that don't click.

dan le sac VS scroobius pip "Thou Shalt always Kill"
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 08:06   #8
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Mike Skinner aka The guy from the streets

His little brother is far better than him, check him out
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 10:31   #9
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Hard to gues what kind of bands are unknown to people. Perhaps the ones that are not played on radio? Though I hardly ever listen to radio anyway.
Perhaps I could mention few finnish bands here.

Down My Throat -- beatdown/hardcore
St. Hood -- beatdown/hardcore
Cutdown -- beatdown/hardcore
Hero Dishonest -- hc-punk/rock
Satura Lanx -- HC/metal

First 3 are bit similar to american bands Irate, Death Before Dishonor, CDC etc.

Last edited by Zirikk; 13 Apr 2007 at 10:37.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 14:11   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://media.putfile.com/Nothing-WIthout-You-44

Last edited by Nodrog; 13 Apr 2007 at 14:22.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 15:49   #11
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Serge Gainsbourg. Real name: Lucien Ginzburg. He's a French artist. And loved throughout France. His parents emmigrated to France after the Bolsheviks' uprising. He's dabbled in Reggae (he performed a Reggae version of the French national anthem to much indignation) and Arabic. Most of his music is a mixture between Rock and Jazz, the genre at which father became adroit, performing in Jazz cafes around Paris. He's basically the stylish and talented (in a non-demonic way) equivalent of Mark E. Smith. A drunken genius. He married Jane Birkin - who was hot. He also had an affair with Brigid Bardot. And performed Je t'aime non plus (you'd know the song if you heard it) with her. He died of a heart attack in the early nineties.

There was recently an tribute album to him, featuring lots of prominent artists world-wide.

You should listen to Histoire De Melody Nelson. It's number 94 in Rate Your Music.com all time albums.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 16:33   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
I realise that most of this forum is into rock and anything that remotely deviates from that tends to be cut down
Apart from the 50+ non-rock recommendations on the GD music list you mean?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 16:52   #13
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

I dunno if you'd class then as unknown or not, but Jacks Mannequin are a band i really like that not many other people seem to have listened to.

It's the solo project of Andrew McMahon of Something Corporate, their only album to date released after he was diagnosed with leukemia a couple of years ago.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 16:54   #14
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In other news, I'm unsure if Rate Your Music.com is the definitely source for ratings now this is apparently the 150th best album ever. It's beating Sura Rosa and Entroducing..... . That can't be right, can it? Come on GD, I know you own it.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 18:29   #15
milo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Apart from the 50+ non-rock recommendations on the GD music list you mean?
Erm yeah.

Nod i'm not sure whether you know of these songs but posting on the assumption you don't and may like them, they were recommended to me awhile ago.

Rabbi Shergill/Bulla Ki Jaan

It's basically a punjabi song based on an existentialist type poem by Bulleh Shah, lyrics

Juggy D/Akheer

Is by a british sikh, its very very chilled out like the Nusrat Ali Khan track.
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:10   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Dont like the second one, the first one is good and has a nice melody but is a bit too simple/poppy to be much more than ambience (especially since I cant understand the words). Also the upbeat Western poppy style really doesnt suit the lyrics assuming the translation is accurate :/

Last edited by Nodrog; 13 Apr 2007 at 21:16.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 21:45   #17
milo

yeah i didn't get the melody of the first either, but apparently if you understand the original lyrics it juxtaposes nicely.