User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Apr 2007, 16:14   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Prison Break (spoilers and stuff)

I guess a lot of people weren't too chuffed it went to a second series, considering the title and everything, but when you watch both (and read the writers blurb) it was clear it was meant to.

I personally thought series 2 was awesome, with only a few minor criticisms. Theres only so many times that 10 escaped convicts who are able to continually outrun the law can 'coincidentally' bump into each other in America, Mexico, and Panama.

The 'Pad man' as he seems to be called on wikipedia too, is a diabolical character, more suited to X-men or james bond or some shit sci-fi thriller. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

The last episode was pretty good; if not blow you away awesome (See : The Shield Series 5 finale ), but it was always going to be like that because of how many loose ends needed to be tied up. Some of it was a bit rushed (Chako the drug dealer, Kim's death) and some of the 'big questions' werent framed quite right - ie, given that Series 3 will start probably 1 or 2 months later than S2 ended, that isnt enough time for anything to have happened with Mariecruz who's still in some bunker somewhere, its unclear what happened to Sucre or Sara etc.

My main problem is the hints that Prison Break might be going ****ing Sci-fi with all this SOMA bullshit, the Pad man and all this 'we only need one' Highlander esque bullcrap, the Pad man and this secret all-white brain research facility. bull-shit. i dont want an 'isolating the schofield gene' season.

Given that Prison Break was only supposed to run for 2 seasons rather than 3, this season could be a complete disaster. Im trying to work out how theyve managed to extend it; if it ended after 2 seasons as planned then what would have happened to Sucre/mariecruz, would the pad man have been in it at all, and i presume Linc and Michael would have just got away? Not 100% sure

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2007, 17:19   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Prison Break (spoilers and stuff)

It was popular, that's reason enough for it to continue running until every last drop of original creativity has been squeezed out in money form.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2007, 17:35   #3
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
The last episode was pretty good; if not blow you away awesome (See : The Shield Series 5 finale ), but it was always going to be like that because of how many loose ends needed to be tied up. Some of it was a bit rushed (Chako the drug dealer, Kim's death) and some of the 'big questions' werent framed quite right - ie, given that Series 3 will start probably 1 or 2 months later than S2 ended, that isnt enough time for anything to have happened with Mariecruz who's still in some bunker somewhere, its unclear what happened to Sucre or Sara etc.
The new Shield started last night in case you weren't aware. Should be on torrent by now for sure.

I agree with your rating of the final episode and although I'm a fan of Sci-fi personally (Firefly being my all time favourite series) I do hope Prison Break doesn't go in that direction. I don't think it will though, it's just as likely that the "Pad Man" might be using the evolving situation to break someone else out of Sona. After all, until the last few weeks orders were to kill either Schofield brother on sight.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 23:44   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Given that Prison Break was only supposed to run for 2 seasons rather than 3, this season could be a complete disaster. Im trying to work out how theyve managed to extend it; if it ended after 2 seasons as planned then what would have happened to Sucre/mariecruz, would the pad man have been in it at all, and i presume Linc and Michael would have just got away? Not 100% sure
Due to the show seeming like it had a one season story there was alot of questions asked to the producers about what the plan was and I seem to remember it being mentioned by them on numerous occasions that the plan was for 3 seasons.

(I'm told that the DVD commentary states both that the original pitch was more of a cable show thus with the short seasons of 13/14 episodes and that they had 5 seasons of that planned out. This would make sense with the 3 season claim as when Fox bought it they would require Full seasons not half seasons. 5 * 13 (or 14) is 65 (or 70) episodes and 3 seasons of 22 is 66 so its fits pretty nicely with the planned season finales becoming the cliffhangers before the xmas hiatus)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote