User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 14:53   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Favourite advertising campaign of all time

Whats your favourite advertising campaign of all time?

For me its no contest.

Scroll to 2003!

Yes, its the Hula hoops Steve Threlfall campaign. Probably only bettered by the "return of steve threlfall" campaign including his rap CD; a track of him being harassed by reporters and saying 'what are you doing' repeatedly. You can still play the 'feed steve threlfall' game online but i couldnt believe there wasnt anything on wikipedia about him, or youtube for that matter. A sad end to a cultural icon.

No car advertisements allowed in this thread.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 16:16   #2
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Favourite advertising campaign of all time

The Carling love football one sticks was quite good, then Sony Bravia with all the bouncing balls (probably my favourite but mainly because I have forgotton nearly all adverts), and the Levi Kevin the hamster advert.

A poster of Johnny Wilkinson in plaster with the caption "More positive thinking by Brains" amused me as well.
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 16:31   #3
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

An unoriginal choice, but the Guinness surfer advert. The leftfield track was inspired. In fact, all the Guinness adverts are frankly awesome. I cannot think of a company that does better adverts. But what really annoys me is how bar staff invariably do not pour guinness correctly and how it's always better in cans now it's brewed in (or imported directly from) Dublin. If there's one thing that's likely to push me over the edge into the depths of unmitigated violence towards human-kind it's that. Ireland is actually one of the countries I'm most likely to settle in if I do not stay in England for that very reason.

This man has a good list of adverts.
Either I didn't get that hula-hoops advert (it's funny because he's not an actor and doesn't really want to be in this advert apparently?) or it just wasn't that funny.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 18:11   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
An unoriginal choice, but the Guinness surfer advert. The leftfield track was inspired. In fact, all the Guinness adverts are frankly awesome. I cannot think of a company that does better adverts. But what really annoys me is how bar staff invariably do not pour guinness correctly and how it's always better in cans now it's brewed in (or imported directly from) Dublin. If there's one thing that's likely to push me over the edge into the depths of unmitigated violence towards human-kind it's that. Ireland is actually one of the countries I'm most likely to settle in if I do not stay in England for that very reason.

This man has a good list of adverts.
Either I didn't get that hula-hoops advert (it's funny because he's not an actor and doesn't really want to be in this advert apparently?) or it just wasn't that funny.
the hula hoops advert came when every stupid product was hiring every stupid celebrity to promote their shit. So hula hoops made a huge deal and had a press release and a conference and everything announcing they had signed steve threlfall to be their official sponsor.

He looks like a dopey muppet, which was just an example of absolutely genius casting.

The cameras followed him around and he was completely overwhelmed by all of it and just wanted to be left alone; they even hinted he didnt love hula hoops that much, he just liked the occasional packet. His "rap" CD was made against his will and compiled from a collage of clips of him being harrassed by hula hoop reporters - hence why the lyrics were "what are you doing what are you doing what-what-what-wicca-wicca-what are you doing hey stop that". And people everywhere sang at him and were in love with him even though he just wanted to be left alone.

It appealed to the surreal side of my humour!

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 18:17   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Stella Artois adverts for simply having the balls to (and then pulling it off) persuade people they should pay MORE for their lager because it's expensive.
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 20:27   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Honda - The cog (the advert where a huge chain reaction unveils the new Accord)
Carlsberg - they don't run pub teams, but if they did, they'd probably be the best in the world.

But the winner, without a shadow of a doubt, is the Anna Kournikova ad campaign for Berlei Sports Bras. The motto was genius.

"Only the balls should bounce".

We were only 14, going on a coach through central London on the way to some shitty museum. We cheered every time we saw her divine form plastered across a billboard. Good times.
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 20:33   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You all ****ing disgust me.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 20:41   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Washed those trousers yet?
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 20:55   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The growing fusion between information and entertainment is a worrying contribution to the public's shrinking attention span. Agree/Disagree
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 21:03   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Honda - hate something, change something. But only the full version cos it was fun
Sony - the paint in the apartment blocks. again, you have to see the full version to really appreciate the amount of planning though
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 21:39   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
hey man im so tired of u judging me im going to storm into one of your threads and toss an angry comment towards you

o wait

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 23:08   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Washed those trousers yet?
They've got some chewing gum on them now.
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 01:26   #13
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

I always remember the Harry Enfield Hula Hoops and Dime Bar adverts.

Even though you said no car adverts, **** you. The previously mentioned Honda ads and the Singing in the Rain VW Golf ad are all good
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 17:24   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

please note i didnt buy any more hula hoops than i usually did during this period (ie, none). I just enjoyed the adverts. I get the fact you're doing the whole anti-brainwashing anti-system thing but its pretty retarded

Unread 16 Mar 2007, 17:36   #15
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

They want you to think it's retarded. You're brain-washed. Welcome to part of the problem.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 18:55   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

TV ads dont annoy me much (well having programs interupted does, but not individual ones), but I genuinelly cant listen to radio ads without feeling physical disgust.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 04:16   #17
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

the first person to mention barry scott will get shivved in the face.
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 07:11   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
the first person to mention barry scott will get shivved in the face.
i bought a barry scott fridge magnet on ebay for a pound
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 09:22   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
please note i didnt buy any more <product name here> than i usually did during this period (ie, none). I just enjoyed the adverts.
Given the cost of advertising, you going round telling people how great you think the adverts are on a public forum probably has the same economic effect as if you'd bought a thousand packs of whatever.
Unread 17 Mar 2007, 23:29   #20
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going to say the Jonathan Ross Show.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 01:29   #21
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

this one is legendary.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 04:50   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
Honda - hate something, change something. But only the full version cos it was fun

die!
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 06:44   #23
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like cheese commercials.

Seeing Dace posting reminded me of one from several years ago. In it there was a young girl, I would estimate about 14 years old. She was an extremely attractive young person with a very sad look on her face. The announcer was supposed to be a photographer and kept asking the girl to say cheese for the picture. She kept refusing. Finally at the end of the commercial the announcer is funny enough that she smiles. She had one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen. Her mouth was chock full of braces however.

Since I was a lad in grammer school, I have always found pretty girls with braces particularly attractive. Especially when they smile.

Even now, my heart always goes out to them (in a grandfatherly sort of way, of course).
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 13:20   #24
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
this one is legendary.
Indeed it is; that's probably my favourite advert ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Since I was a lad in grammer school, I have always found pretty girls with braces particularly attractive. Especially when they smile.
I had the same a couple of years back
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 13:33   #25
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the irn bru granny-scooter advert.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 08:50   #26
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Men and Motor adverts are the best
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 08:51   #27
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

John Smiths one where he sends his 40 yo mum to a nursing home so he can put a snooker table in her room, and his daughter is scared of the grans moustache! cool!
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 08:57   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Given the cost of advertising, you going round telling people how great you think the adverts are on a public forum probably has the same economic effect as if you'd bought a thousand packs of whatever.
Except you're not spending your own money. So who gives a shit? A fool and his money are soon parted I hear so presumably the idiot (whoever deffeh helps convince to buy this product) was going to spend it on something else which was utterly useless.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 09:24   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you perhaps sell some form of anti-encouragement device I could purchase at a reasonable price?
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 09:35   #30
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i like the lynx adverts personally.

this one got shown alot while i was at download festival last year and it still amuses me

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7bLEiIag8

p.s yes i know its axe

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 10:59   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Except you're not spending your own money. So who gives a shit?
Me.

Well, I don't really care that much, but I'm more objecting to the notion that advertising hasn't "worked" when you're going round repeating the message yourself.
Quote:
A fool and his money are soon parted I hear so presumably the idiot (whoever deffeh helps convince to buy this product) was going to spend it on something else which was utterly useless.
True, but this way said idiots money is being directed towards companies which spend money on marketing which many of us believe is objectively making the world a worse place to live in. Similarly, while it may be funny to hear of someone losing all their money to a 419 scam, each instance means that for a little while longer socially undesirable business models remain profitable.

Of course, all this doesn't stop the fact I used to stay up late at night watching Channel 4 (in the days before internet) hoping to god they'd repeat a wonderbra ad.
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 11:26   #32
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

http://www.shepherd-neame.co.uk/humo...00/REARGUN.bmp

Clearly the finest series of adverts ever made.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 12:53   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You who ladies!

Not my favourite but still quite funny.

Also ... Look at Raul touching Raul
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 12:57   #34
Dace
so f*cking zen

BLOODY HELL! Talk about a blast from the past. This is my childhood right here.
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 15:42   #35
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
An unoriginal choice, but the Guinness surfer advert.
my cousin's girlfriend was part of the team that thought up that advert - she pretty much became rich overnight because of its aclaim, endorsements, awards and the future business it created for her and the company. she now runs a consultancy firm and the rights to a line of 'fashion jeans' in Sweden (PRP?). i wanna be in advertising :-(

Personally one of my faves has gotta be that advert for a random make of car (cant remember), where all you see on the screen is 'DIE' which is done really well and looks really sinister for the first 20 seconds, its written on peoples' windscreens, on notes in their car, scrawled on their hands, on post-it notes, etc... then it turns out it's just to remind them that their car is DIESEL - i loved it the first time i saw it.

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 16:25   #36
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

im sure another version said eggs on gammon, steak chops

all i need is a shitty jingle and im hooked

You want some birdseye waffles now don't you...don't you dante.
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 16:41   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

We once did a double blind test on whether Birdseye Waffles were better than Iceland waffles and the former didn't perform particularly well. So no, not really.

Scientific method triumphs over shit marketing!
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 20:09   #38
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Iceland waffles are however, better than tescos waffles. Which are circular. round. what the ****! that just blew my mind

Re waffles; so long as they're potato waffles and not the sorry sticky sickly disgusting things americans call waffles, brand is unimportant

Unread 22 Mar 2007, 21:12   #39
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
We once did a double blind test on whether Birdseye Waffles were better than Iceland waffles and the former didn't perform particularly well. So no, not really.

Scientific method triumphs over shit marketing!
Sainsbury's waffles were always better and crumblier, especially when used in a toaster.
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 21:14   #40
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

why would a waffle crumbling make it better by anyones definition

Frying -> grilling -> oven baking -> toastering

Unread 22 Mar 2007, 21:17   #41
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

toastering was faster, and by crumbling I mean that they weren't solid lumps of potato-like products
Unread 22 Mar 2007, 22:04   #42
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Amstelbier commercial
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YoI8s2f4MYM
It's a shame that it has subtitles on youtube, but the commercial is pure genius

The Heineken commercial is also pretty good
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x_iPvUWyzhE

Achmea (insurance company)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKDn6TzM2yc

commercials on our tv are quite fun in general

Last edited by Alessio; 22 Mar 2007 at 22:38.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 14:14   #43
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not my favourite but:

This is totally shameless

But you'ld buy a ****ing wii
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 14:32   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's also made by G4, rather than Nintendo.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 14:37   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ItzlYo8-chg

I quite like this series of ads but mainly due to the Dublin accents/humour.
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 22:07   #46
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i like the lynx adverts personally.

this one got shown alot while i was at download festival last year and it still amuses me

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7bLEiIag8

p.s yes i know its axe
This never happens to me. Oh well.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2007, 01:58   #47
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

the mastercard priceless commercials

my current favourite ..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02491202374013
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote