User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Nov 2005, 21:04   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
[football]The Future is so bright, I gotta wear shades!

As a Gooner, I gotta say that our youth policy seems to be paying dividens soon:

Future players who is possible candidates for playing in the first team:

Goalies:
Vito Mannone, born 1988. Picked up from Atalanta.

Defenders:
Matthew Connolly, born 1987.
Johan Djourou, born 1987. Picked up together with Senderos.
Justin Hoyte, now on loan to Sunderland

Midfielders:
Sebastian Larsson, born 1985.
Fabrice Muamba, born 1988.
Alexandre Song, born 1987. Picked up from Bastia (on loan, with the option to buy)
David Bentley, on loan to Blackburn.
Ryan Smith, born in Islington \o/

Strikers:
Quincy, picked up from Ajax.
Nicklas Bendtner, born 1988. Picked up from FC Copenhagen.
Arturo Lupoli, born 1987. Picked up from Parma.

I wouldnt be suprised if half of these manage to take the step up to the first team, and atleast 1/3 making it to become stable fist-11 players.

And then there is ofc Fabregas, Van Persie, Eboue, Flamini and Clichy.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 21:07   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [football]The Future is so bright, I gotta wear shades!

You're being stupidly overoptimistic. Two, maybe three of those players will be an arsenal player in 5 years.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 21:13   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well, you've bought youth at the expense of the first team for quite a while so I expect some half decent players should start coming through soon.
Although Spurs seem to have a good young squad too at the moment...
And Chelsea's players aren't exactly old...

I could talk about our academy as some players we've got will be making it big in years to come i expect.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 21:20   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

citing bentley is hilarious, given how much you wanted shot of each other in the summer.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 21:32   #5
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You're being stupidly overoptimistic. Two, maybe three of those players will be an arsenal player in 5 years.
Stupidly overoptimistic? Wasnt claiming I am overoptimistic enough?

Im quite sure Song, Hoyte, Djorou, Smith and the three strikers will make it.

Bentley will probably be sold, sadly. Reyes will be replace Pires, so that spot will be taken.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 21:39   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quincy will be in the first team within a year.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 21:46   #7
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this is due to Arsenals mounting injury porlbmes and the fact that the rest of the players are barely able to cut it in the Premiership atm.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2005, 09:35   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Stupidly overoptimistic? Wasnt claiming I am overoptimistic enough?
Overoptimistic in a manner which is stupid. As you went on to prove with the rest of your post.

I don't doubt that these players have potential, but jesus christ saying "He'll be in our first team" about an 18 year old generally only works if the 18 year old is already in the first team. Look at Lee Sharpe, who was the bright light of Old Trafford and now plies his trade for Garfoth Town.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 01:02   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Quoted for truth.*

*And I'm a Gooner.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 01:08   #10
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Goalies:
Vito Mannone, born 1988. Picked up from Atalanta.

Midfielders:
David Bentley, on loan to Blackburn.
Ryan Smith, born in Islington \o/

Strikers:
Quincy, picked up from Ajax.
Nicklas Bendtner, born 1988. Picked up from FC Copenhagen.
Arturo Lupoli, born 1987. Picked up from Parma.
The players mentioned above, I think, have a chance of making it to the first team.

However Eboue will not. He will be sold alongside with Flamini within 5 years time.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 17:53   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Eboue havent been given alot of playing time to prove his worth. But I agree that they will most likely be squad players. But we need someone like Grimandi, someone who does his job when given time on the pitch and doesnt complain at all.

But Im generally optimistic, much of it becouse the fine runs in the league cup with these players.
And Song were considered to be one of the finest talents in France before Arsenal loaned him. He also impressed Wenger during the summer matches.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 18:09   #12
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Grimandi was pretty shit, but then again, he wasnt even close to how bad cygan was yesterday.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 19:16   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Cygan isnt a left-back, but he is generally quite bad. When comparing Grimandi to Cygan, I find the first to be a better footballer.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 19:17   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When comparing a wet dishcloth to pascal cygan, you'd find the first to be a better footballer.
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 03:37   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have to agree that your being overoptimistic. As in all sports unless you have really started to set the world alight by the age of 18 your chances of succeding start to get smaller very quickly

Since the Golden Era of the youth side at Old trafford for example its been full of players whom had the talent to make it and were talked about as the next big thing. Very few have made it as first team players and none have really set the world alightand most are like Luke Chadwick and David Healy and are playing outside the Premiership
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 13:53   #16
Blastoderm
________

Grimandi was pretty bad purely because he doesn't do much on the pitch. He was only useful when Arsenal won the double in 2001-2.
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 01:09   #17
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

After cruising in to a comfy 3-0 victory over Reading (who had 3 ex-Arsenal players in Stack, Sidwell and Harper), with a team of youngsters boosted by a couple of veterans, do anyone still think I was that overoptimistic?
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 02:27   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I don't, but then im an Arsenal supporter.
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 09:22   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
After cruising in to a comfy 3-0 victory over Reading (who had 3 ex-Arsenal players in Stack, Sidwell and Harper), with a team of youngsters boosted by a couple of veterans, do anyone still think I was that overoptimistic?
Who the **** cares about Reading? I remember the Manchester United B team a few years ago, featuring such leading names as Quinton Fortune and Luke Chadwick, winning several premiership matches. As beating Reading is even less of an achievement, and not even a league game...
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 18:59   #20
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Same team, acutally even younger, beat Everton and Manchester City last Carling Cup...

And comparing Chadwick to the likes of Quincy is a just rediculous.
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 20:09   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
And comparing Chadwick to the likes of Quincy is a just rediculous.
Yeah, Chadwick had a lot more premiership experience.
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 00:22   #22
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Yeah, Chadwick had a lot more premiership experience....
but probably is the ugliest.
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 00:45   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Notice how Wigan's B team beat Newcastle's A team :laugh:
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 00:46   #24
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
but probably is the ugliest.
Yeah but Quasimodo probably looked like a model compared to Chadwick.
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 22:27   #25
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

I seems to have underestimated the potential of Kerrea Gilbert, born 1987.
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 23:50   #26
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gilbert does seem good.
I was thinking of bumping this thread after his last match... but decided against it

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:23   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

But our present is rathers shitty atm!
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:26   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gilbert feels a lot like Ashley Cole did when he broke into the Arsenal first-team. At the time Silvinho was a mainstay in our first team - one of our better players. Cole got a decent run through injury and we never looked back. If Lauren (now 29) either gets injured or looks like going, I wouldn't be suprised if Gilbert stays in the first team for good - after all, we sold Silvinho when he was only 27.
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:36   #29
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Problem with Gilbert is that he is a right-back. We also have Hoyte and Eboue in the same position. Toure can also play right-back. According to Arsenal.com Gilbert can also play in the middle of the defence.

On another young player, Djorou, he seems to be better than I imagined. Only 18 like Gilbert and ready to play first team footie.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 13:47   #30
Blastoderm
________

Can I just say, being an Arsenal supporter, I never got round to see Gilbert yet.

Does that make me a bad supporter?
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:26   #31
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Blastoderm - I don't think so, he's just started in the first team.

By the way, I'm trying to get two Arsenal tickets for some point this season, but Ticketmaster is asking for nearly £200. Any idea how I can get face-value tickets?
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 17:35   #32
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Go down to the ticket office dude. If you arent within driving distance of it you shouldnt be supporting them!

You could presumably ring up the ticket office and order them over the phone? God knows why ticketmaster would be charging so much.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 18:13   #33
furball

That's rather close-minded, JC. I'm from Chelmsford in Essex, which doesn't have a proper team (not in the Football League). My nearest teams are Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham and Ipswich. I grew up as an Arsenal supporter and that's the way it is. Oh, and living in Cardiff means that I can't just drive to Highbury to buy tickets, even if it worked that way.

Arsenal's ticketing doesn't work like most clubs's ticketing does. Blastoderm can and no doubt will correct me, but Arsenal has 3 levels of membership - Gold (season ticket holders), Silver and Red. Each costs a different amount of money to join/be a part of, and the better a level you belong to, the higher priority you get. Tickets don't go on general sale until a certain amount have been snapped up by the various member levels - and this is rare, e.g. Cup games.

I'm not a member because it's just never been practical for me to regularly go and see Arsenal. I don't have the funds, as much as I would love to go see them every week. Ticketmaster charge so much because they can - because it's so hard to get tickets without using a ticket agency or already being a member.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 18:47   #34
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was only joking about having to be in driving distance dude. Although glory supporters do piss me off, especially if they dont know where Manchester is on a map.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 20:42   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I was only joking about having to be in driving distance dude. Although glory supporters do piss me off, especially if they dont know where Manchester is on a map.
I'm pretty sure that Manchester is in the North West, but the Trafford region extends down into the home counties.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 20:51   #36
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Manchester is in the North West, but the Trafford region extends down into the home counties.
Apparently Guildford is just a stone's throw away from Old Trafford.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 23:00   #37
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Blastoderm - I don't think so, he's just started in the first team.

By the way, I'm trying to get two Arsenal tickets for some point this season, but Ticketmaster is asking for nearly £200. Any idea how I can get face-value tickets?
What game is it?
Where are the seating i.e., what part of the stadium, upper or lower, wing blocks, etc?

P.S. I heard Gilbert played two games and I missed both.
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 03:48   #38
furball

Yeah, he's started two games with Toure going off to the African Cup of Nations. His debut was against Everton, then he played against Wigan in the CC as well.

Oh, and check your pms.
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 09:45   #39
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:

Future players who is possible candidates for playing in the first team:
Theo Walcott

But you've got much youth in your team as it is, I think Arsenal could do with a couple of more experienced players for CM position - just for stability. You're CM has a combined age of 39? thats really young, (19 and 20?) Sissoko? I bet you would have love to get him

Next season you'll be top three again.
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 23:37   #40
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Tooth
Next season you'll be top three again.
No, this season and every season Arsenal will be top three (if not two).
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 00:24   #41
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No, this season and every season Arsenal will be top three (if not two).
Seriously?

Chelsea have won the league.
Man United probably have had the best individually impressive league performances.
Liverpool are resoundingly solid.

You think you can catch them? While Arsenal's midfield lacks any kind of steel whatsoever, there's not a hope.
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 00:51   #42
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
You think you can catch them? While Arsenal's midfield lacks any kind of steel whatsoever, there's not a hope.
This was said when Arsenal lost 1-0 to Liverpool at Highbury on February 13, 2000 and they still manage to finish second in the league.

Arsenal have always silenced the doubters and proved the critics wrong. And they'll do it again this season.
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 19:10   #43
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

FA Cup, Bolton - Arsenal.

Almunia (28), Gilbert (18), Senderos(20), Campbell(31?), Djourou (19), Diaby (19), Flamini (22), Hleb (24), Ljungberg(28), Van Persie (22), Reyes (21).
Reserves:
Poom (33), Larsson(20), Bendtner(18), Lupoli(18), Muamba(17).

If Bolton doesnt win this, Im going to be amazed!
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 22:41   #44
Blastoderm
________

They won.

Arsenal are officially shit.
Unread 28 Jan 2006, 23:38   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
They won.

Arsenal are officially shit.
Arsenal's youngsters vs Bolton As, when Bolton As give Arsenal a run for their money anyway, because of their physical tactics?

Obviously this is the worst Arsenal team in history!
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 02:21   #46
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Its obviously not the best. I wonder how the lightweight arrogant gunners will do when they have a proper sized pitch next season instead of the seven a side joke that is highbury
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 02:23   #47
Cannon_Fodder

It's within regulations, i fail to see what is wrong with it.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 02:13   #48
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Our reserve team won 5 to 0 against Norwich.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?a...+Match+details

Notice the name of Armand Traore, a 16 year old defender who Arsenal picked up from the nose of Monaco last summer. I dont think he is 17 yet. Anyways, according to Arsenal.com he made his debut on the Reserves today.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:13   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, there goes Quincy. Bentley too.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 31 Jan 2006 at 18:22.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:24   #50
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Well, there goes Quincy. Bentley too.
The future ain't so bright.