User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Aug 2007, 10:57   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Reading 2007

So I am going to the Reading Festival this year. Wallowing in filthy, muddy water. While I'm not doing that I thought I might go and see some bands. I already know a number of bands that I'm going to see, but who are the dark horses that are ready to surprise?

Here is the line-up.*

*This is an easier-viewed, but shorter, less acurate list. +44 won't be there for example.**

**they're useless but I wanted to see them play some Blink 182 songs
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 13:13   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Reading 2007

I didn't think people went to Reading festival after their teenage years
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 14:24   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I dont think I'd go watch any of those bands even if it were free :/
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 15:04   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Well, if it where for free and just around the corner I would go see RHCP, Arcade Fire, Smashing Pumpkins, NiN maybe.
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 17:34   #5
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

The only band there I'd really really really want to see is Kings of Leon
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 17:52   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You make that sound like a bad thing?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 18:10   #7
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I didnt think anyone other than teenagers used "anal fisting" in there siggie but there you go!

Unread 20 Aug 2007, 18:56   #8
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road

Kings of Leon, RHCP, eagles of death metal, smashing pumpkins, NIN, fallout boy, billy talent and dinosaur jr. are worth to go there

and if you like a break from the usual style of music you can watch peeping tom and the pippetes in the meantime

if the whole thing would be somewhere in austria i would probably go there.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 19:04   #9
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
I didnt think anyone other than teenagers used "anal fisting" in there siggie but there you go!

I have one of the objectively best signatures on the forums, shush.
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 21:36   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going too

Although when I bought the tickets I was hoping for a better lineup...

RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World, Enter Shikari, NIN, Kings of Leon, Capdown, Arcade Fire and Hot Hot Heat are the ones I'm aiming to see. Unfortunately they all bloody clash and half the time there is noone I want to see so I'm a little disillusioned at the mo

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 16:40   #11
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I have one of the objectively best signatures on the forums, shush.
It's true

Plastic Brilliance
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 19:04   #12
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm going, I'm quite excited.
I'm definitely seeing Bloc Party, The Arcade Fire, Klaxons, Cajun Dance Party and Bombay Bicycle Club although the latter two I'm only seeing because I'd have to be a **** not to and they'll get me backstage :>

I will probably see Kings of Leon, Pigeon detectives, Razorlight and RHCP too, I'll make a plan whilt on the train down there on thursday
Unread 21 Aug 2007, 19:20   #13
All Systems Go

If you're camping, check this out.

Edit: Klaxons over Smashing Pumpkins? Why not see the biggest band of the festival and go and see the Klaxons for a tenner in your local uni?

Edit 2.0: Gah. I can't see Patrick Wolf unless I miss Kings of Leon.

Last edited by All Systems Go; 21 Aug 2007 at 19:42.
Unread 22 Aug 2007, 17:07   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I listened to some stuff by Smashing pumpkins when they were first announced and didn't like it too much.
They are the "biggest band" of the festival but to be honest the headliners aren't even that good. my "best band" for the festival is probably Arcade Fire.
Unread 22 Aug 2007, 17:29   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Roughly in descending order:

Arcade Fire, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Ash, Kate Nash, Razorlight, Bloc Party, Gossip, The Horrors, Jimmy Eat World, HelloGoodbye, The Sunshine Underground, Eisley, Hot Hot Heat, Brakes, The Pigeon Detectives, Charlotte Hatherley, LCD Soundsystem, CSS, Jack Penate, Patrick Wolf

Once you get past Jimmy Eat World in that list they're all mainly new bands that I've heard good stuff by.

Please go and see Eisley (Carling Stage). They opened V2003 (which I went to) on the Saturday at about 12pm and were wicked for an opening band - wouldn't mind knowing what they're like 4 years on.
Unread 23 Aug 2007, 09:49   #16
Tomkat

Hot Hot Heat aren't new, they've been around for bloody ages. I remember forcing my family to listen to them when I was raving about them when I was 20 or so. My sisters told me they were rubbish, and now I notice they've added their albums to their ipods and have "decided" they love them

:music-elitism:
Unread 23 Aug 2007, 09:58   #17
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'mainly'
Unread 23 Aug 2007, 09:59   #18
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I'm currently reading 'The Subtle Knife'.
Unread 23 Aug 2007, 10:15   #19
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
'mainly'
Aslan was "mainly"
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 02:44   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah, I think I read the same thing. It was in the same Readers Digest which covered the whole "black-people-eat-fried-chicken/lesbians-wear-dungaries/jews-are-mean-with-money" thing.

p.s. I'm going to Infest!
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 14:36   #21
_Kila_
break it down!

So, I got back last night.
I really enjoyed it.

Bands I saw

Friday
Bombay Bicycle Club
Cajun Dance Party
Kings of Leon
Razorlight

My favourite band of the day was Kings of Leon, I didn't get a great space in the crowd but I loved them anyway. Razorlight were better than everyone said they would be, my friends left but I moved to the front because I think their music is ok and preferred to watch them than sit in the tent taking drugs. Bombay bicycle club and Cajun dance party were good, I didn't stand in the crowd for the latter so I enjoyed Bombay more.

Saturday
The Shins
Bloc Party
Arcade Fire
Unkle (watched the first song and then left)
about half of RHCP

The shins were fairly nice to sit down and listen to, although I'm not a huge fan but my friends liked them so I went along. I was keen on seeing the pigeon detectives but queued up to charge my phone for an hour and a half before being told that it is closing when I got to the front, I had missed a chunk of pigeon detectives and decided that I'd rather get a good space for Bloc Party (I needed my phone charged so I could get a reference number from it's memory).
Bloc Party were pretty good, I liked them but everyone else seemed disappointed (the only thing that disappointed me was the singer's voice).
Arcade Fire were by far the best band there, we managed to stand near the front/center and had quite a bit of space as there were idiots moshing to their music to our right, we made a circle with our arms around each other's shoulders during intervention. Best live set I've seen.
After Arcade Fire we were all coming up and we were going to see some band called Unkle (according tot heir myspace: Electronica / Experimental / Alternative), basically music that you could really dance to. The first song was quite bad so half of us left to watch 2nd half of the Chillis's set which was pretty bad.

Sunday
Billy Talent
The Maccabees
Davendra Banhart
LCD soundsystem
Part of the Klaxons

Billy Talent was terrible and he talked loads of shit in between the songs.
The Maccabees were fairly good, a bit over-rated.
Davendra Banhart was fairly good, nice to listen to whilst stoned.
LCD soundsystem were very very good.
My friends then went back to the tent and I stayed for Klaxons but got too squashed and couldn't breathe after the first 5 songs so had to leave. They sound like they do on CD and did appear a bit pretentious on stage, nothing special.

Best Bands:
Arcade Fire
Kings of Leon
LCD soundsystem

Worst band:
Billy Talent

Biggest Disappointment:
Red Hot Chillis
Klaxons

Biggest Surprise
Razorlight

Quote of the festival
"The lyrics are so dark but make me so happy" - my friend had just come up during the Arcade Fire and was all over the place

I was in contact with Ste on Thursday and Friday through text and intended to meet him but my battery died and I only got my phone charged on Sunday at around 5 (£5 or wait in the 2 hour queue), was texted and called by horn on Sunday who scared me so I just went to drink lots and was later called by ASG(?) whilst pretty drunk. I didn't get to meet any internet people, sorry

Last edited by _Kila_; 27 Aug 2007 at 15:07.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 15:40   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

another festival passes and the arcade fire remain the most overrated band in the world

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 17:19   #23
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

got back home about half an hour ago.

i need to relax properly and then i'll write a review of some sort...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 18:01   #24
All Systems Go

Yes, I am stealing this little list thing.

So, I got back this afternoon.
I really enjoyed it.

Bands I saw

Friday
Gossip
Jimmy Eat World
Kings of Leon
Razorlight
The Bronxs (?)

The Gossip were pretty good and she stripped down to her underwear, which not surprising. I wasn't expecting much from them at so in the end it nice. Jimmy Eat World were also pretty good, although I really shoulsd have refreshed my memory with regards to their songs. I've no idea what I was doing (possibly gonig back to the tent) but I missed the beginning of Kings of Leon who played some decent stuff and their second record is something I would suggest you listen to. Razorlight were far better than I expected, decent tunes even though their second album is totally 'selling-out'. I also think I saw The Bronxs (I didn't catch their name) and they were ****ing awsome. The band had a trumpet player or something. Find out who they are and listen.

Saturday
Eagles of Death Metal
The Shins
Angels and Airwaves
Bloc Party
The Arcade Fire
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Enjoyable music, fantastic frontman. He really went for it and got it. Even with QOTSA frontman on drums they didn't him to be there. Little disapointed with The Shins and I missed them play that song in Garden State which is by far my favourite. AVA. What a ****ing waste of my time, not even any Blink covers ffs!* Bloc Party didn't set the world on fire but they had decent tunes and I would have to say exactly the same about Arcade Fire. Red Hot Chili Peppers were such a let-down. I saw them in Cardiff a couple of years ago and they were fantastic, but this was like they were just gonig through the motions and didn't even play Under The Bridge** and his mike broke right before the very first song.

Sunday
Fall Out Boy
Smashing Pumpkins
Seasick Steve

Fall Out Boy were enjoyable and Smashing Pumpkins was a good experiance. I couldn't hear Seasick Steve. I saw a lot of comedy this year and Steven Amstell was by far the best.

Best Bands:

Razorlight
The Bronxs (?)
Eagles of Death Metal
Bloc Party
Smashing Pumpkins

Worst band:
Angels And Airwaves

Biggest Disappointment:
Red Hot Chillis

Biggest Surprise
Razorlight

Quote of the festival

"We love coming to the UK because the girls are easy. Only joking American women are slappers too." -Anthony Keidis, RHCP

Met Ste on Saturday (?) and horn on Sunday (?) and sent about a million text messages. My friend had an extra battery so that wasn't a problem. I called kila at some point and I was very drunk (not sure if he was though?) I ended up meeting two internet people out of three, which isn't bad.

*This is something I may never get over. It's really quite sad.
**see above
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 18:25   #25
_Kila_
break it down!

You didn't like the Arcade Fire set? I thought it was really good, especially since I was relatively close to the front and just a little to the left of the stage.

You called me on Sunday at some point after we'd been drinking strongbow + Ouzo + Gin (my friend got drunk on ouzo and strongbow and then mixed them, then got someone else to add gin to it) - it was probably the worst thing I'd ever drank
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 19:04   #26
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I think their music is ok
This was your first mistake
Quote:
and preferred to watch them than sit in the tent taking drugs.
This was your second.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 20:26   #27
Ste
Bored

Bands I saw

Friday
The Pipettes
Little Man Tate
Sparta
King Blues
Gogol Bordello
Frank Turner
Jimmy Eat World
Capdown
Interpol
Kings of Leon
Brand New
Jimmy Eat World (again)

Hmm, where to start. Gogol Bordello were pretty good, although after a couple of songs I got bored of the gypsy punk.
Frank Turner was really good and will look into acquiring some of his stuff.
Kings of Leon were really good but had to leave before the end to go see Brand New who I really liked although they didn't play much of their old stuff which was frustrating.
The few tracks I knew by Capdown were good but the rest not so much.
Jimmy Eat World were probably the highlight of the day - two sets were a bit much though but never mind...

Saturday
Brakes
Does it offend you, yeah?
Ed Byrne
Foals
Pigeon Detectives
Bloc Party
Arcade Fire
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Way too much averageness in the indie tent I have to say. A bit of electronic thrown in which was ok.
Ed Byrne was brilliantly funny.
Bloc Party were better than expected and Arcade fire were pretty good (girl I was with loved them though)
I actually really really liked the Chilli Peppers. The set was full of guitar solo's and bass solo's which I loved and they had to do a lot of improvisation because of vocal problems. I think I was quite awe-struck for most of the set.

Sunday
Simon Amstell
A bit of Billy Talent
A bit of the Used
Some generic Indie band that I can't remember what they were called
Quite a bit of comedy
Jamie T
Nine Inch Nails
Smashing Pumpkins

Simon Amstell was good - there was a lot of heckling which made it more amusing. This was the first point in the weekend where I got to meet ASG (plus friend) after lots of phone calls and texts. Squeezed my way into a very packed tent to find them.
Billy talent was crap and the Used were really awful.
There was more generic indie rubbish, then as it was so bloody hot in the sun we went to the comedy tent as it was less busy and nice and cool. Some good comedians but can't remember their names.
After a couple of average songs by Jamie T I realised that they were the band I absolutely hated when their songs came on the radio. But the girl I was with liked them, so I stayed...
Nine Inch Nails were good, they finished with an amazing slow song (Hurt?)
Smashing Pumpkins were really good too, but would have been better if they'd played more of their old stuff.

Best Bands:
RHCP
Smashing Pumpkins
Brand New
Kings of Leon
Jimmy Eat World

Worst band:
The Used

Biggest Disappointment:
Capdown, but just a lot of the lineup left a lot to be desired

Biggest Surprise
Bloc Party

Quote of the festival
"I'm getting married today because it'll really piss my dad off. We decided this morning! I haven't slept for 36 hours because i've been on pills hehehe" - some 18 yr old girl embodying everything I hate about kids on drugs

I tried meeting up with Kila and Horn but Kila didn't have his phone on and horn refused to leave his tent.

I was generally a bit annoyed that the lineup had so many clashes as I had to miss a lot of the bands I would have liked to see (Hot Hot Heat, Metronomy, Enter Shikari, Eagles of Death Metal, Maximo Park, Jack Pinate, Big D and the Kids Table, The Living End, The Bronx, Mad Caddies, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip and Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly)

I didn't really get that drunk all weekend, and I tried some Herbal Highs which made us all feel ill
There were other 'issues' over the weekend but I won't bore you with the details.
I didn't get any sex and the only hug I got was from some random guy. (although I did have a stunning girl sleeping on my shoulder on saturday night, only because she'd missed her train home, i didn't have a pillow and the girl I was sharing a tent with (her friend) was feeling ill)

Absolutely knackered still. And need food.

Last edited by Ste; 28 Aug 2007 at 09:50.
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 01:20   #28
furball

I watched some of it on TV.

Ste - yeah, Nine Inch Nails did play Hurt.

ASG - I enjoy Fall Out Boy as much as the next man, but they sounded shit live.
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 07:53   #29
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
ASG - I enjoy Fall Out Boy as much as the next man
If I was funnier I'd make a cracking joke here. Lucky for me however, this is funny enough on it's own.
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 09:52   #30
Ste
Bored

I was just told that Kaiser Chiefs played a suprise gig at Leeds festival under a different name...

Can anyone confirm or deny?

They would have been good to see.

Unread 28 Aug 2007, 10:33   #31
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yes they did, although I didn't see it and wouldn't have any way.

They played the Lock-up (I believe) as Hooks For Hands.
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 17:58   #32
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Too many clashes this year for me. I wanted to see Enter Shikari and Interpol, went with Enter Shikari, thought I made the right choice then heard Interpol were pretty good? Not sure why they were getting the boo's after Maximo Park though. (Understandable that they were getting them in Enter Shikari)

Lost Prophets were surprisingly fun even though they've played a lot in recent times and im not really a fan.

Angels and Airwaves were probably the worst band ive heard in a long long time and I did give them a fair chance.

NiN and Smashing Pumpkins were awesome in my opinion.

Got ill on Sunday night (non-alcohol induced) which was a bit of a bummer, and had to then try and recover through some guys hitting a drum for about 3 hours straight somewhere between yellow and brown camp, anyone else hear that?

RATM for 2008?
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 22:18   #33
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I wasn't there. Booo!

Eisley aren't anything spectacular.

AVA aren't allowed to play any Blink songs because Mark & Travis from +44 claim to have the rights to it despite Tom writing a lot of Blink songs.

+44 cancelled because of this: http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=36021

Just thought I'd answer some of the questions.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 15:43   #34
All Systems Go

Oh, I read somewhere that AVA had actually just started playing Blink songs because the fans wanted to hear them.

The +44 cancelling thing was a load of shit. Just like their next album lol.
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 18:00   #35
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Oh, I read somewhere that AVA had actually just started playing Blink songs because the fans wanted to hear them.
Well they used to do it right from the start when they began touring (I was at on of their AWFUL gigs in 2006 at Brixton Academy). But in some article in Kerrang!, Tom said they're not going to be doing it anymore because Mark & Travis threw a hissy fit with owning rights, court action, etc.

Thus they didn't play any Blink songs in their warm-up show at the Astoria last week.

(Besides, Tom would only play Blink songs he ACTUALLY wrote... most notably the song Down (the bits where he sings, not the chorus) (he sang this at Brixton last year before I left)).

If I can find that article, I'd quote it for you.

Quote:
The +44 cancelling thing was a load of shit. Just like their next album lol.
I thought, at first, they couldn't do it because the Honda Civic tour was over-run in the US (hence why they cancelled their warm-up show at the Astoria )

It's a shame. I've missed the chance to see them back in September '06 and February this year... both at the Astoria.

Let's hope this "new album" makes up for the cancellation because at the moment, they're pretty shit towards their own fans.
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 19:13   #36
Tomkat

I really enjoyed having to pay about £10.00 for roaming charges (while driving from Paris -> Valencia) from horn phoning me up 3-4 times and you guys texting me asking for each others numbers. Being the GD Social Secretary is an expensive business! :crymeariver:
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 21:32   #37
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

But the gratification from a job well done must be huge, right?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 02:24   #38
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

If I had read this soon enough I might have suggested the following Bands:

New Found Glory
From Autumn to Ashes
Cold war kids
The Sunshine Underground
Dinosaur Jr
Plain White T's
Against Me!
Gallows
Shy Child
Kids in Glass Houses
Sparta
Little Man Tate
Gym Class Heroes
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 07:44   #39
All Systems Go

New Found Glory are terrible. Thereth ends the lesson.
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 09:28   #40
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
The Sunshine Underground
Little Man Tate
I will admit to being plenty amused these two have translated to the states.
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 20:11   #41
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
If I had read this soon enough I might have suggested the following Bands:

New Found Glory
From Autumn to Ashes
Cold war kids
The Sunshine Underground
Dinosaur Jr
Plain White T's
Against Me!
Gallows
Shy Child
Kids in Glass Houses
Sparta
Little Man Tate
Gym Class Heroes
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 23:09   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

21 days and i'll be listening to Faithless
Unread 6 Sep 2007, 14:47   #43
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Reading 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
p.s. I'm going to Infest!
I wish I'd had the money to go - they actually had some great bands on. :/
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote