User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Aug 2007, 22:03   #51
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Premiership Predictions 2007/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Edit: Pig's irrationally wild optimism about aston villa all the time really makes me put him down as the stereotypical english football fan. That and the fact I reckon he's eaten more pie than I could fit in my bedroom.
Well last season we finished 11th, we had a few problems, lack of pre season, the team didn't have time to gel, a fairly weak squad in terms of ability and we were hit by a couple of injuries.

Last seven games we finished on a high, winning five and drawing two (something like that).

We were 6 points off making it into Europe. Our problem was not the fact that we lost games, it was the fact that we failed to convert draws into wins. If we managed that we could have even gone as far as challenging for 6th/5th place.

You can mock Villa, every football fan does.

Sunderland have the Keane factor. Big wow. The championship is a fairly piss poor league. Good to watch, but quality lacks. They still have a shit squad compared to most. I fail to see how they will impress. Keane is a bastard, he will motivate his players but at the end of the day other sides may just be a bit too good for them.

Birmingham City will go straight back down.

Same with Derby.

West Ham only stayed up because of Tevez. He has now gone. None of West Hams signings are particularly fantastic. I don't really think I would want any of them apart from that french chap who joined.

Newcastle. They have done very little. One minute glimpses of greatness, next shitness. As always they are a rollercoaster team. I wish them luck, really I do, but their squad is still looking a bit shit.

Man City. Oh dear. Spunk 40 million on players you watched on youtube. Give them a week to gel, then get them to play premiership football. I think they will have an ascendancy, then they will start slipping into mid table, relegation zone.

Fulham, interesting buys, but I just don't think they are strong enough.

Boro, not a good enough team. They lost Viduka, didnt get smith in, and if they lose Yakubu they are bummed.

Bolton are losin their best players. Sammy Lee seems like a coach not a manager. Taking that step up is never a good idea.

Wigan, I am fairly confident Chris Hutchings has the ability to get Wigan relegated by christmas.

Villa compared to these teams.

We are stronger. We have the best manager out of all those clubs. I find it hard how any of you can dispute that point.

O'Neill is building a young, exciting team. Buying English. He isn't willing to spunk 10 million on some italian. He would rather spunk 10 on a british player. I would rather want that as well.

We beat Inter Milan 3-0 in pre season, we looked good against Stoke, Columbus and Toronto and come Liverpool on Saturday I am feeling optimistic.

We are missing a right back, a goalkeeper would be nice, maybe another left back and hey if we can why not another winger. We have things going the right way. I know it's fashionable to laugh at villa, but we really aren't as bad as everyone makes it.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 23:33   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We were 6 points off making it into Europe.
So were Reading.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 23:59   #53
ssherwood46
Off the f****ng chain!

ssherwood46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone (probably exept a newcastle fan) believe that Newcastle are the most overated team in the prem?

They have some world class players i.e. Owen

But to be brutally honest they are an average club who struggle to do any better than mid table. Fair enough they have a big fanbase and they did well like 10 years or whatever it was ago, but since then what have they done to be called a big club?

Allardyce will make them a much better team, although teams like Aston Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth and are much better teams with equally passionate fans.

I dont think they'll be contenders for the UEFA Cup this year in fact they might not even make the top 10!
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 00:17   #54
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

a/ Owen is terrible

b/ Whether they are overrated as a club or not has nothing to do with whether they are overrated as a team

c/ They have their most competent manager in years (ever?).

d/ They've signed well and signed big

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 00:29   #55
ssherwood46
Off the f****ng chain!

fair comment, i dont agree that they have signed the players to make them push for the top 10 though

Barton will either be in prison, suspended or will be the average player that he is

Viduka is lazy and will only score goals if the midfield provide good service he's also past his best

Geremi is a good utility player, probably their best signing

Alan Smith was a good player when he was at Leeds since then he's lost his grit and determination. He'll get you 5 goals if your lucky.

The other signings i dont have the knowledge to comment on them fairly, maybe they will be better than the players noted above?
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 00:48   #56
wheels

wheels is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not a Pompey fan but what are you all doing underrating them so much?

They've got the best defence outside the top 4 imo. No doubt about that.

James

Lauren
Campbell
Distin
Hreidarsson

Mendes
Muntari
Kranjcar
Utaka

Nugent
Benjani

Plus there will be 1 or 2 players brought in. Dyer and Defoe are linked recenty.

I think...

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Newcastle
8. Portsmouth
9. Aston Villa
10. Blackburn
11. Man City
12. West Ham
13. Sunderland
14. Middlesbrough
15. Bolton
16. Reading
17. Fulham
18. Birmingham
19. Derby
20. Wigan

Last edited by wheels; 7 Aug 2007 at 00:53.
wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 00:52   #57
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The rest of their team is pretty much relegation zone premierleague or top of division one standard though.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 01:02   #58
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels
I'm not a Pompey fan but what are you all doing underrating them so much?

They've got the best defence outside the top 4 imo. No doubt about that.

James

Lauren
Campbell
Distin
Hreidarsson

Mendes
Muntari
Kranjcar
Utaka

Nugent
Benjani
Best defence outside the top 4? What about Spurs or West Ham?

Also, Nugent is unproven and Benjani is hardly a goal-machine.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 09:42   #59
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssherwood46
But to be brutally honest they are an average club who struggle to do any better than mid table. Fair enough they have a big fanbase and they did well like 10 years or whatever it was ago, but since then what have they done to be called a big club?
Change 10 years to 50 years and you might be right

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 10:06   #60
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssherwood46
The other signings i dont have the knowledge to comment on them fairly, maybe they will be better than the players noted above?
Rozenhal, recently Paris SG player of the year, and whatever the to-be-signed Lyon Brazilian defender's name is, are both "top notch" French league players. It's probably a little uncertain how they'll adapt to Premiership, but they can't be worse than what there currently is. The new Spanish bloke, Enrique, is definately a mystery to me, and a 6.3m£ mystery too. Smith probably wasn't signed to punch in fifteen goals. I suppose with Owen, Martins, and Viduka he's the fourth man up on the line for strikers, but he was probably brought in as a rotation asset as he can probably play midfield too. Besides, isn't Allardyce supposed to be excellent in digging the spirit out of people. He managed it with Anelka, surely Smith can't be an issue (Barton's not going to go to prison, he's got money).
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 13:24   #61
wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

Spurs? You've got to be joking. Ledley King needs a top organiser to get the best out of him. His football brain isn't great and I just think he's overrated. Dawson is alright I suppose but wouldn't make the Pompey team. The there's Bale. An unproven teenager who I saw getting destroyed by Damien Duff at Croke Park. Chimbonda is decent too but another overrated player imo. Compared to the rest of their team, the defence is poor and will let them down badly.

West Ham are another team without a great organiser. You can't understate how important that is.

Distin was part of an excellent defence at Man City last season. If it wasn't for City's defence they'd have been relegated, no doubt about it. It was a lot better than Spurs. Distin missed 1 game last season, against Wigan. City conceded 3 goals that day.

Pompey's defence was excellent last season but they've just strenghtened it again. Their central defensive partnership is good enough for the likes of Arsenal imho. Lauren missed the whole of 2006 through injury but he will be excellent for them if back on form.

They spent £7m on Muntari. Man Utd wanted him a year ago but Udinese wanted £11m. He's very highly rated and is a great signing imo. Mendes is a very good player in the holding role.

Utaka also cost a lot and according to him, Man Utd and Newcastle wanted him. He averages a goal every 3 games. Redknapp has said he's going to play him on the wing. He has blistering pace.

Kranjcar improved a lot in the 2nd half of last season. He has tremendous natural ability. He could be a star for them this season.

Pompey fans reckon they'll sign another striker this summer. They won't be missing goals from midfield this season anyway. I think Nugent may just be lacking confidence atm but he has great potential. Don't write him off already.

Portsmouth have improved hugely on last season.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 14:40   #62
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Mendes is a very good player in the holding role.
Compared to who?

And lest we not forget given that utd have made some good signings this year but this is a team and a manager who shelled out what, 13 million on eric djemba-djemba (twice the name, twice as useless) and kleberson (the most mediocre brazilian midfielder there has ever been).
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 14:43   #63
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels
Distin missed 1 game last season, against Wigan. City conceded 3 goals that day.
Whilst Distin was one of City's best players last year, what you've posted here is somewhat silly. For one thing, they conceded 3 or more goals on multiple occasions last season when he was playing. For another, they conceded 4.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 15:14   #64
wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Whilst Distin was one of City's best players last year, what you've posted here is somewhat silly. For one thing, they conceded 3 or more goals on multiple occasions last season when he was playing. For another, they conceded 4.
Ok then ignore it. Man City had a great defence last season.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 15:14   #65
ssherwood46
Off the f****ng chain!

I agree Portsmouth are an underated club

They have a great manager and some of their players i.e. Campbell, James, Kranjcar, Taylor would easily fit into one of the top four squad.

They will be in the top 10 definatley, they only missed out on the UEFA cup by a bad Graham Poll decision, they also beat Man U, beat and drew with Liverpool and beat and drew with Asenal last season.

They have only improved the sqaud from last season and have a very enviable home record

If they do better on away games next season which with a bigger squad they will, i cant see them finishing any lower than the top 10
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 23:31   #66
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Our defence is our biggest strength. Spurs may have overtaken us now they actually have a proper left back, but apart from that I'm severely struggling to name a better back line on paper outside the top 4. But then again our goalkeeper just isn't human.

As for Benjani, he's not there to be a goal machine. He's there to **** defenders up. And it works. Very well.

The poster who thinks we have improved massively is slightly overoptimistic. We have excellent strength and depth in defence, yes. Our midfield is solid but lacks a truly mobile flair player (especially now Kranjcar is injured) and up front without a true goal threat, we will be lucky to finish top half.

If I was sitting on pots of money at Pompey I would just shell out big time for Yakubu. We'd then be a massive threat.
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 23:39   #67
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Benjani's work-rate is superb, but he needs a goal-scoring demon to play alongside to really make use of it - you mentioned Yakubu but I think Defoe would be an equally good signing.
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 12:03   #68
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

01. Manchester United
Strong squad. Good players. I don't want to talk about the scum too much.

02. Liverpool
I want to say they'll win in but after watching some of their pre-season their strike force still isn't there yet and they're relying on Stevie G to do it for them. Pre-season is pre-season i know (and if it was ever a real indicator then Celtic would never get anywhere) but still ...

03. Chelsea
Chelsea third? Am i mad??? Well lets look at it this way, they're two key players are out at the start of the season. Fair enough Terry is hoping to be back for the Liverpool game but will he really? What will his fitness be like? Then you've got Chelsea's main man DROGBA. The guy who saved them so many times last season by being insanely good. He's out for the start of the season. Anyway my point is "look what a shit start to the season did to Liverpool last year". Also three words for you ... "African Nations Cup". Goodbye Drogba and Essien for that.

04. Spurs
I couldn't really decide between Spurs and Arsenal so i decided to mix it up a little and put Spurs ahead of Arsenal. I'll use the excuses that their team is more settled and Arsenal have Champions league footie to distract them.

05. Arsenal

06. Newcastle

07. Everton

08. Blackburn

09. Aston Villa

10. Reading

11. Man City
I think Sven is a terrible manager who wastes talent. I think his signings are suspect also.

12. West Ham

13. Portsomouth

14. Bolton

15. Sunderland
I would have predicted them lower but they've just got Craig Gordon who i suspect will do wonders for them. I also suspect that if they're in any real trouble come January money will probably be available to strengthen.

16. Fullham

17. Boro
Have lost too much class.

18. Birmingham

19. Wigan

20. Derby
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 12:14   #69
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
04. Spurs
I couldn't really decide between Spurs and Arsenal so i decided to mix it up a little and put Spurs ahead of Arsenal. I'll use the excuses that their team is more settled and Arsenal have Champions league footie to distract them.
There's this thing called the UEFA Cup.....
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 12:20   #70
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Code:
My Predicted Table      Final Table             Difference

01. Liverpool		Man Utd		        DOWN 3
02. Chelsea		Chelsea			CORRECT
03. Arsenal		Liverpool		DOWN 1
04. Tottenham		Arsenal			DOWN 1
05. Man U		Tottenham		UP 4
06. Blackburn		Everton			DOWN 4
07. Everton		Bolton			UP 1
08. West Ham 		Reading			DOWN 7
09. Aston Villa		Portsmouth		DOWN 2
10. Fullham		Blackburn		DOWN 6
11. Newcastle		Aston Villa		DOWN 2
12. Man City 		Middlesborough		DOWN 2
13. Bolton		Newcastle		UP 6
14. Portsmouth		Man City		UP 5
15. Charlton		West Ham		DOWN 4
16. Boro	                          Fulham			UP 4
17. Watford		Wigan			DOWN 3
18. Reading		Sheffield United	UP 10
19. Wigan		Charlton		UP 2
20. Sheffield Utd                    Watford			UP 2
1 CORRECT

Overall score this year : 69

/o\
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 12:21   #71
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
There's this thing called the UEFA Cup.....

I hear that it's almost exactly the same as the Champions League.
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 13:13   #72
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Portsmouth have a superb defence and this will be the making of us. David James in goal is gonna be immense, he earns us so many points. We have a top 5 defence.

In midfield, Taylor is being talked about as getting an England call up, but I fear Krankjaer will keep him out of the side. He threatens to have a great season. Mendes is superb, and we have O'Neil, Muntari (who has looked great in preseason), Utaka who looks good and Hughes who could all expect a place in the team. All in all, a top 8 midfield.

Up front could be a major problem. Lua Lua can get goals if he can stay onside and keep the fans onside, something he hasnt managed lately. Benjani does exactly what is asked of him but needs to add 10 goals a season to his game. Kanu I wished hadn't signed again. Nugent is unproven and hasnt been too sharp in pre-season. I think we have a top 16 strikeforce.

What worries me more is the fans. They have tasted the high life and tbh the atmosphere at Fratton Park was the worst I have ever known it last season. One thing that drives the team on is the fans. Take them away and we could struggle.
We shoud have a bad start to the season due to the teams we have been given. That could count against us.

To summarise, if the midfield chips in with a few goals we could make europe. I would be happy with top 10 again, though I feel most fans almost expect us to hit Europe (I dont think europe is a good thing for us this season).
Star man- Niko Kranjkaer.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 13:46   #73
furball

Taylor's English, left-footed and Premiership standard -it's no wonder he's in the England frame
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 16:47   #74
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
11. Man City
I think Sven is a terrible manager who wastes talent. I think his signings are suspect also.
And yet you've put them 11th.

They were awful for most of last season so he must have done something right for you to think they've improved this much.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 19:41   #75
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Okay so first round of matches over.

I had thought to make some alterations to my prediction, but it seems fairly solid. One thing of note: Fulham didnt perform like a bottom 3 side but deserve to be there because of this
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1137745675
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 20:56   #76
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I guess the surprise for me was that Spurs took were defeaten by Sunderland home. Evidently, Sam started off good too.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 22:22   #77
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder

I had thought to make some alterations to my prediction, but it seems fairly solid. One thing of note: Fulham didnt perform like a bottom 3 side but deserve to be there because of this
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2007, 22:33   #78
furball

Quote:

Sanchez is such a complete retard.

"three previous falls in the box weren't penalised with penalties so they must have been simulation"

Unread 13 Aug 2007, 08:59   #79
Bobzy

Bobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the roughBobzy is a jewel in the rough

lololol @ Lehmann though!
Bobzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 13:30   #80
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well I went to bed at 10:30 last night so I've not seen MotD. I've heard the BBC stream certain shows for like a week but I can't find where they do this. Anybody got a linkto save me downloading it please?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 13:36   #81
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Er,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ay/default.stm
does say things about watching it online, but not where. (maybe you can only watch it live?)
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 14:04   #82
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They don't do it. Legal restrictions and all.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 5 Sep 2007, 19:01   #83
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Stoom, have you forgotten to take your medication again?

Arsenal and Liverpool, really?
Birmingham below Derby?
Newcastle in the top half of the table?
My prediction is looking pretty solid after 4/5 matches though! :/
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2007, 19:26   #84
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Order the champaign!
Actually, it'd be interesting to grab a table and compare it to the end of the round.
Current table:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc
Pos Name G GD Pts
1 Liverpool 4 9 10
2 Arsenal 4 4 10
3 Everton 5 3 10
4 Chelsea 5 1 10
-----------------
5 Man City 5 2 9
6 Newcastle 4 3 8
-----------------
7 Blackburn 4 2 8
8 Man Utd 5 1 8
9 Wigan 5 2 7
10 Aston Villa 4 2 7
11 West Ham 4 2 7
12 Middlesbrough 5 1 7
13 Portsmouth 5 -1 5
14 Tottenham 5 0 4
15 Fulham 5 -2 4
16 Birmingham 5 -3 4
17 Sunderland 5 -5 4
--------------------
18 Reading 5 -6 4
19 Bolton 5 -3 3
20 Derby 5 -12 1
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 22:10   #85
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Best. Season. Ever.
Unread 2 Oct 2007, 12:57   #86
All Systems Go

Seeing as it's only Chelsea and Spurs who are doing that unexpectedly, I hardly see why it's that good.
Unread 7 Oct 2007, 22:54   #87
Cannon_Fodder

Okay I'm sorry you're right, this season could be better.

If west ham were lower down.
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 16:09   #88
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Wigan are going down, as are derby and maybe the smogs.

Sunderland will be fine, but greg halford is the worst sunderland player i've ever seen in my entire life. And i spent a season watching phil babb...

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 23:24   #89
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Benjani is hardly a goal-machine.
You need to reassess this.
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 00:13   #90
furball

Indeed I do

(I wonder what would happen if I searched for what people had said about Adebayor....)
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 18:46   #91
Cannon_Fodder

Bolton bottom of the table, christmas has come early
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 23:11   #92
furball

Quote:
Bolton bottom of the table, christmas has come early
Spurs in the relegation zone as well, COME ON NEWCASTLE
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 10:59   #93
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Our record against the bottom 3 is officially pants, don't build your hopes up to much.
Unread 11 May 2008, 17:18   #94
lokken
BlueTuba

A quick bump to enable us to assess the damage. On first inspection i've scored the creditable score of 44.
Unread 11 May 2008, 18:58   #95
Cannon_Fodder

This season has been a true disappointment.

Bolton and Newcastle didn't get relegated.
Unread 12 May 2008, 17:58   #96
Ste
Bored

you came 4th in the PB one...

Unread 12 May 2008, 21:48   #97
Ste
Bored

congratulations then

where's deffeh to break down his predictions for the season?

Unread 12 May 2008, 22:32   #98
furball

That happens in August.
Unread 12 May 2008, 23:06   #99
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I came second in the GD one cos of some less transfers rule. Still its the best I have ever done in a fantasy football.
Oh that's what it was, I guess there was some benefit to being away for 2 months
Unread 1 Jun 2008, 16:45   #100
Dace
so f*cking zen

Code:
My Predicted Table      Final Table             Difference

01. Man Utd		Man Utd		        CORRECT
02. Liverpool		Chelsea	                DOWN 2
03. Chelsea		Arsenal		        UP 1
04. Tottenham		Liverpool	        DOWN 7
05. Arsenal		Everton		        UP 2
06. Newcastle		Aston Villa		DOWN 6
07. Everton		Blackburn		UP 2
08. Blackburn		Portsmouth		UP 1
09. Aston Villa		Man City		UP 3
10. Reading		West Ham	        DOWN 8
11. Man City		Tottenham		UP 2
12. West Ham		Newcastle		UP 2
13. Portsmouth		Middlesbrough		UP 5
14. Bolton		Wigan	                DOWN 2
15. Sunderland		Sunderland		CORRECT
16. Fulham              Bolton			DOWN 1
17. Middlesbrough       Fulham			UP 4
18. Birmingham		Reading	                DOWN 1
19. Wigan		Birmingham		UP 5
20. Derby	        Derby		        CORRECT

3 Corrects

Overall score for the year: 52

A VAST improvement on last year :D

Last edited by Dace; 1 Jun 2008 at 16:52.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote