User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Jul 2007, 11:37   #1
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
[football] ok wtf

this is the website of a real footballclub in the USA. they use twente's name and logo.
so twente wrote to them, and these are reactions they received:

Judith McLean:
”Usually imitation is regarded as the highest form of flattery - sorry to hear that FC Twente in Holland is not amused by the tribute.
For the record there are just as many teams that choose FC over SC here in the US, regardless of the teams origin - it is true there is a greater percentage of first and second generation European (and everywhere else on the Globe you can think of) players here that make up the teams, however participation by US born men and women is much higher than you would think. The two guys that run FC Twente3 are US born, and very well versed in the game both locally and globally, which is why they picked the name for their Under-23 teams ... quite a clever play on the name I thought.”

Derek Niepomnik:
”I have always been a fan of Dutch futbol and liked the name / club of FC Twente over the past years. We have many clubs in the Chicago area that use European / British names (Arsenal & even Ajax to name a couple). I run an under-23 program (CDP / College Developmental Program ~ all US college players, plus a few women that have some very good pro experience Tara Hurless ~ Sweden and Danielle Slaton / US National team & WUSA), in the states and liked how their badge and team name could be tied in with our club name. I have never advertised anything that we were associated with the real FC Twente club ~ and just wanted to use this idea for our club name. We wanted to bring in some professionalism to the program and this has done it for us. We have a solid program and proudly express our team name where ever we are. Plus we are called FC Twente3”

i'm shocked.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 13:08   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: [football] ok wtf

Haha.

Americans.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 13:55   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah man a similar thing happened to me last year i named my sunday football team 'fake madrid' and real madrid sent me an indignant letter oh man was my face red

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 00:15   #4
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd hope FC Twente are thinking more along the lines of market penetration than lawsuit. If it was me I'd send the team over a version of the Twente kit and thank them for their support. I'd also include details of a mail order system by which friends relatives could buy the kits if they so chose Should this prove popular I'd look to have the kit stocked in local Sports stores. Even the biggest ideas start small and less face it, it's not costing Twente any appreciable amount of money.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote