User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Jun 2007, 16:50   #151
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
you are a complete idiot
Quoted for truth.

In fact, what you have posted was so dumb, I'm going to do it again.

Quote:
you are a complete idiot
Quoted for truth.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2007, 17:07   #152
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ian Wright may be a complete idiot but he was topped fairly spectacularly by furball just there.

A footballer only gets one career. He has already given the best part of it to arsenal and realistically his time was passing. If he didn't go this year would barcelona, probably the best attacking side on the face of the planet, still be waiting next year when, in all likelihood, we'll see arsene wenger leave? I mean, I know being a football fan is just a surrogate replacement for nationalism but come on
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 00:26   #153
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm disappointed that neither of you can really see my point of view - that Wright should put the club's interests before those of individual persons at the club (Dein, Henry).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
A footballer only gets one career. He has already given the best part of it to arsenal and realistically his time was passing. If he didn't go this year would barcelona, probably the best attacking side on the face of the planet, still be waiting next year when, in all likelihood, we'll see arsene wenger leave? I mean, I know being a football fan is just a surrogate replacement for nationalism but come on
In my eyes Henry had a choice between going for £50m last season or staying with Arsenal for the rest of his career. By not doing either, he's ****ed us over completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Henry, May 2006
I’ve never played in Spain and never will. This is my last contract.
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 00:32   #154
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I'm disappointed that neither of you can really see my point of view - that Wright should put the club's interests before those of individual persons at the club (Dein, Henry).
That would carry more water if you hadn't linked one supporting the club's stability over Wenger's personal success (the CL one). Or, for example, worrying about the club's dealings in the transfer market - which is something you've criticised as well.

Quote:
In my eyes Henry had a choice between going for £50m last season or staying with Arsenal for the rest of his career. By not doing either, he's ****ed us over completely.
Arsenal were better when he wasn't playing last season.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 00:43   #155
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
That would carry more water if you hadn't linked one supporting the club's stability over Wenger's personal success (the CL one).
But his fears were completely unfounded - who honestly believes that Wenger would have decided that he'd achieved everything he could by winning the Champions League, especially when he had his youth players finally coming through to the first team?

Sorry but you don't get to say that you wish your team had lost one of its biggest ever finals without a damn good reason, and the illusion that Wenger would instantly up and leave isn't one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_Jakiri
Or, for example, worrying about the club's dealings in the transfer market - which is something you've criticised as well.
To link others to that thread: here. As I made clear at the time - I still trust Wenger, I just don't have 100% faith in him like I used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_Jakiri
Arsenal were better when he wasn't playing last season.
Were we watching the same team in April and May? I'll concede that Van Persie and Adebayor formed a superb partnership, but neither are as classy as Henry.
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 03:47   #156
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He shouldn't. Clubs aren't these entities randomly floating in football space. They have structures and viewpoints that are contingent on who is involved with them. So if a great footballing manager like wenger leaves arsenal they aren't the same. To be honest if you can't acknowledge this it really is just nationalism.

Quote:
Quite clearly his situation, and that of arsenal football club, changed a lot between now and then.
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 09:23   #157
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For what it's worth between the initial link post and the latter justifications I've decided furball isn't stupid so much as actually crazy. Like, rifle stashed in the belltower crazy.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 10:35   #158
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Henry gave his best years to Arsenal and I for one wish him the best with his career and his time at Barcelona. I'm sorry he's left but ultimately football is his job, he retires in 4-5 years and he has worked with one company since breaking into the top level. Now he wants to work somewhere else. It's unfortunate he put himself in the situation he did with his talk last year about this being his final contract, but if anything it goes to demonstrate that he's just a mortal after all, as fallible as anyone else. Let he who has never broken a work commitment throw the first stone.

Last edited by Achilles; 24 Jun 2007 at 10:40.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 13:11   #159
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
But his fears were completely unfounded - who honestly believes that Wenger would have decided that he'd achieved everything he could by winning the Champions League, especially when he had his youth players finally coming through to the first team?
I don't see how you can state categorically that his fears were unfounded, given that the situation in which they may have been realised didn't come to pass. "You haven't been eaten by any tigers whilst at home" isn't a counterargument to "If I go outside, I might be eaten by tigers".

Quote:
To link others to that thread: here. As I made clear at the time - I still trust Wenger, I just don't have 100% faith in him like I used to.
David Dein, as stated by Wenger, was a big part of actually making transfers happen. So to say that Dein leaving might affect the transfers is somewhat grounded in reality.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 18:37   #160
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Arsenal have deteriorated massively in the last 12 months and Henry, like most modern footballers has a breaking point where loyalty has to go out of the window for the sake of your own career. There's no doubt from his recent words that he's disappointed and somewhat guilty about leaving - but he knows he has to do it for his own sake. The least you can say is that the transfer has been completed quickly, it's not been messy and he has left graciously. Arsenal has changed, so Henry moved on.

Your path is now firmly set down that of youth. You have the choice of either to support Wenger in pursuit of the impossible or demand he compromises or leaves the club because unless he does option B, there is no incentive for any top players to join Arsenal if they know they'll be replaced by a kid in a season or two.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 10:50   #161
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Sorry furball

Quote:
you are a complete idiot
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 10:52   #162
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

No.

Arsenal had that choice. Not Henry.

Henry's choice to make was to think for the last time to make a choice whether to move or not. He's not getting any younger nor any faster. He wants to fulfill some ambitions. Clearly Arsenal weren't going to match his ambitions. So he moved.

He hasn't ****ed Arsenal over. He's done Arsenal a favour. It's Arsenal who are ****ing over the fans for the last two seasons. They could have easily said yes to £50m.

Now Arsenal will focus on how to play football instead of that one-dimensional football where everything channelled through Henry. He's also be giving controversial interviews before matches to shift the focus of attention and he was choreographing goal celebrations on the sideline with Emmanuel Adebayor. Clearly he's got an over-inflated ego. I'm glad to see the back of him and £16m is a lot for a (nearly) 30 year old forward/striker (considering he's also injured).

Get over it, I'm glad to see Henry gone for a decent amount of money.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 10:56   #163
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
I don't know about you but Mourinho left Porto after winning the CL. I know that Porto didn't have a massive youth squad but who's to say that Wenger wouldn't have left after winning that CL final?
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 11:26   #164
Blastoderm
________

Henry was given the number 14 shirt.

Ironically, it's the same one Johan Cryuff wore.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/thumb...y/QM3D4537.JPG

http://images.skysports.com/images/p...enry_barca.jpg
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 14:22   #165
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

Henry always wore 14 for Arsenal and I think he actually said he chose it because of Cryuff. I would have been shocked if he hadn't asked for that number from Barca.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 15:52   #166
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
Henry always wore 14 for Arsenal
No shit sherlock!

Unread 26 Jun 2007, 15:58   #167
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Is it that great a loss really? If you think of the fact the a young arsenal side are coming through, and that not everything will be channeled through a 29 year old (as blasto said) i don't think its that disasterous for arsenal or an end to attractive football in the premiership (this wasn't claimed on this forum but another, and as was pointed out there - the current manu side hardly play robotic football)

As for barca, have they bitten the glactico bug?; the kind of fantasy football teams that everyone desires don't always match reality, and it isn't given that henry will shine in that team
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 21:53   #168
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am getting an henry shirt when I go to barcelona this thursday!
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 23:49   #169
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I am getting an henry shirt when I go to barcelona this thursday!
yeah, but are you going to wear it to play football at the meet and annoy blasto and furball
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 00:13   #170
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
yeah, but are you going to wear it to play football at the meet and annoy blasto and furball
I am not annoyed at all.

Maybe furball is...
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 07:03   #171
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

alan o'brien.

bit of class
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 07:55   #172
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
If he's doing that he should get one with 'Wright' on the back for a half-time subsitution.

The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 11:54   #173
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
Feyenoord: sorry ss, but as a Twente-fan, i don't really fear Feyenoord at all at the moment to be honest. if you ask me, we will beat them 3-0 again next year.

Just a reminder.

Feyenoord signed Slory (recently called up for the dutch squad)), De Cler (dutch squad regular) and talent Bruins. Today it seems Van Bronckhorst (dutch squad regular)), Hofland (Wolfsburg's captain).

It seems Makaay is on his way from Munchen to get the medical test and sign his new contract at Feyenoord.

Rumours are saying that Feyenoord is talking with Landzaat. They also seem interested in Samaras or Koevermans (international) to play with Makaay as forwards in a 4-4-2 system.

Perez seems to be interested in joining Feyenoord again now PSV isn't able to buy him. He isn't welcome in Rotterdam anymore however.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 21:19   #174
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Henry's a sell-out. I'm glad he's going to Barcelona it will suit his big ego because it's full of other big ego'ed heads.

I don't see Henry's departure as a loss. I know someone is going to fill his boots and I'm pretty sure if Wenger stays, he will find some hot talent to rise and become a superstar. Van Persie is promising so much.

The only annoyance I am now seeing is the possibility of one or two more players leaving. Fabregas is hot on the tails by the likes of Barce and Real. Grr.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 23:04   #175
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Scummer defects to the blue half of hampshire.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...th/6242068.stm
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 23:55   #176
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke

Rumours are saying that Feyenoord....They also seem interested in Samaras.
Samaras

lol

Samaras

lol
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 07:20   #177
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just a reminder.

- Slory and Bruins are talents. nothing more.
- De Cler and Makaay would be good signings, just as Samaras (he played very well at Heerenveen, pig), Koevermans and Perez.
- Van Bronckhorst has been the weakest link at Barcelona for years. over his top. i read he now has the ambition to play as leftmidfielder, but somehow i believe Drenthe would fit better there.
- Hofland and Landzaat are players i'm not a big fan of myself, but maybe they can be of value for Feyenoord. who knows.

all in all it seems like Feyenoord will have a far better team next year anyhow. a good mix between experience and talent, with a good, down to earth coach who has proven many times before that he has the ability to create a real team.

btw: we made a good signing too this week.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 07:44   #178
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
- Slory and Bruins are talents. nothing more.
- De Cler and Makaay would be good signings, just as Samaras (he played very well at Heerenveen, pig), Koevermans and Perez.
- Van Bronckhorst has been the weakest link at Barcelona for years. over his top. i read he now has the ambition to play as leftmidfielder, but somehow i believe Drenthe would fit better there.
- Hofland and Landzaat are players i'm not a big fan of myself, but maybe they can be of value for Feyenoord. who knows.

[/url]

I think Bruins isn't really ready for being a first team regular but Slory should, I consider him as a more effective and more versatile version of Castelen. It's rather hard to score that many goals for a limited club like excelsior.

I disagree with Van Bronckhorst being the weakest link, he played lots of matches for barcelona, much more then a lot of other 'great' players up there. He's played for Arsenal and Glasgow, I think he might be the best signing of them all for Feyenoord. Also, he will be playing as central (defensive) midfielder with Drenthe next to him. Midfield will probably look like Drenthe-Bronckhorst-Guzman-Bruins/Hoffs/Castelen/Buys/?

I rather see Koevermans, Tomasson, or Vagner Love coming to stand next to Makaay up front but Samaras was a rather decent player at H'veen. Also Slory can play as a striker in a 4-4-2 system. I have no idea how Samaras has been doing in the premier actually Pig, I guess rather shit?

Defensive we'll be so much more stronger with De Cler - Hoffland - Vlaar - Lucius.
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 07:53   #179
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

By the way Koen, I just read Feyenoord also wants Karim El Ahmadi, I don't remember anything noticable of him but then I didn't really like watching a lot of football on Talpa.. He's any good?
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 10:04   #180
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
By the way Koen, I just read Feyenoord also wants Karim El Ahmadi, I don't remember anything noticable of him but then I didn't really like watching a lot of football on Talpa.. He's any good?
he used to be a non-effective winger, but this season Rutten used him as defensive midfielder, which worked very well. in fact fans chose him as #2 best player of the season, behind Wielaert. El Ahmadi was for me the surprise of last season, i never knew he was this good when used differently.
but we're talking about a born and raised Enschede boy here, like Heubach is. he just got a new contract to 2011, so i don't think we'll let him go for money Feyenoord can afford atm.

edit: i now read that Feyenoord offered 1 million + Hofs for El Ahmadi, but that Twente answered with a firm 'no' to that. heh.

Last edited by KoeN; 28 Jun 2007 at 10:21.
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 14:55   #181
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

capello sacked!
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 21:11   #182
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Feyenoord will have a nice season next year now, thank god. With these players I get more sympathy for the team and I hope they end up above Ajax, just behind Twente....
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 22:16   #183
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

hey guys!
Unread 29 Jun 2007, 03:09   #184
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

dutch humour
Unread 29 Jun 2007, 14:23   #185
All Systems Go

It is once again proved that English players are vastly over-priced.
Unread 29 Jun 2007, 14:49   #186
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Thierry Henry and 400k.... or Darren Bent

/me humms

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2007, 14:52   #187
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

I think Bent could be a very good signing for Spurs and will score quite a few goals next season. Come this time next year, that deal could be seen as very good business for Jol indeed.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2007, 23:40   #188
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'm expecting us to give way for defoe here to make up for this, as long as berbatov remains and somehow we gain some sense of consistency we may get a little closer at challenging for that 4th (though still not there yet)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2007, 00:14   #189
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Bend it like Bent

Unread 30 Jun 2007, 08:37   #190
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
Thierry Henry and 400k.... or Darren Bent

/me humms
This about sums it up.
Unread 1 Jul 2007, 11:01   #191
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit less clear cut when you consider Spurs could never buy Henry and Bent will sell for inflated money, too.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 14:19   #192
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Twente gets Huysegems!
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 17:36   #193
All Systems Go

Shit on a stick!
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 09:49   #194
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs sign Kaboul. I quite like the choice of King, Dawson and Kaboul..
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 12:38   #195
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im beginning to think spurs might challenge le arse.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 14:28   #196
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tevez to Man Yoo

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 14:36   #197
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ridiculous transfer really, tevez and rooney could never work as a partnership

Unread 5 Jul 2007, 14:42   #198
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
ridiculous transfer really, tevez and rooney could never work as a partnership
I disagree and am praying we sign him, he would be superb in our team.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 16:29   #199
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
im beginning to think spurs might challenge le arse.
They probably would.

Henry's gone, the team is lacking depth and no one's sure if they're staying or not.
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 18:25   #200
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
I disagree and am praying we sign him, he would be superb in our team.
Rooney can't play with Gerrard or Scholes (pre eye injury when he was still an out and out attacking midfielder). There is absolutely no chance that he'll be able to play with another deep lying striker. Unless they maybe played 4-3-3 which a/ is a shit formation and b/ they wont do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
They probably would.

Henry's gone, the team is lacking depth and no one's sure if they're staying or not.
But on the other hand spurs are bottlers and arsenal still have van persie, toure, fabregas, etc. I'm weighing it up in my mind just now, when you think about this sort of thing its important to not take momentum as an overall indicator of reality.