User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jun 2007, 12:21   #51
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Alan Hansen says a lot of things. "You don't win anything with kids" being a particularly famous example.

I'd also say that your hypothesis that "big clubs always get big again" lacks sufficient evidence; indeed, it's pretty much impossible to test as any counterexample could simply be that club's lean patch. In any case, Everton were a club of similar stature to the above for much of their history, and they're not exactly setting the world alight at the moment, are they?

Football results are based very much on small details and vagaries in any case. You do get trends coming out, but especially in recent times, the title and relegation races have both turned on freak injuries, and prediction is a fairly inexact non-science at best.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 14:30   #52
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's random, up to a point. The number of historically big clubs has fallen over the years, until we're left with the three you mention. It's likely that there is, as of the last 15 years or so, a large amount of economic self-reinforcement going on, but that doesn't always help.
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 11:55   #53
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zokka
Newcastle have great outside UK support, most likely cos of Kevin Keegan
Ah yes, I think the moment Kevin Keegan came out with the "We are everyones second team" I wanted to throw up.

Quote:
I never really thought of Aston villa as a big club but apparently they 4th most successfully club in England.
Don't worry. I don't think Newcastle are a big club. A club with an ego? Yes. A club who think they are better than they are? Yes. A club who live in the clouds? Yes. No one mention the 80s to Newcastle fans.

Sunderland. Now they are a big club. They don't shout about how great they are. They are humble. And in all honesty they have just as many supporters. Just because half of devon don't support them on Sky tv doesn't mean they are not a big club. (Of course I am baiting you, but there are some things that I have put down which is truthful.)

Quote:
But having said that pig are you really happy with Villa's 11th place Newcastle finish 13th with the worst injury criss ever and the manger goes. Whilst Martin O'Neil is proclaimed the best thing since sliced bread.
I'm not bating you or anything pig I highly rate him too and was so disappointed when i heard he was turned down for the England job!
Let me see Aston Villa (as many posters have pointed out) haven't finished anything higher than 6th in the last ten years. We were almost relegated last season. We have one of the smallest squads in the premiership. And for a large part of the season we have been playing with half of our youth squad.

At the start of the season we went 11 games unbeaten, end of the season we went xyz games unbeaten it was in the middle that let us down. If we would have sorted the middle part out, forget uefa cup, we would have been looking at Champions League. The failures in the middle part of the season (November to February, Villa didn't play a league game in March) was down to a lack of strikers.

We lost Luke Moore which was a big hit for us. We were playing 4-3-3, and had to switch 4-2-2. We lost speed and width. When we started losing, and drawing it hit many of the young lads hard. Very hard. We had a weak strike force. A mis firing Baros and Angel. Chris "I have an injury" Sutton and Our Academy graduate, gabby Agbonlahor. Incidentally Gabriel Agbonlahor played every minute of every game bar 2 I believe (Substituted at Reading, rested at another.)

Baros was sold in January, Carew was brought in. Young was brought in. But confidence was still low. We started to play well, but we just couldn't win. Newcastle was a prime example. We went up there and lost 3-1 even though we were a better team on the night. Bolton at home, we outplayed them for 89 minutes. We drew. We weren't playing bad football. Only a couple of games I can truly say we played badly, it was against Liverpool at home (0-0). We gave the big guns a run out. Chelsea didn't beat us in the league. Arsenal we held at the emirates and in the second half we certainly played better than them at home.

In fact we played well.

O'Neill is still putting his stamp on the team. He inherited a poor team and turned it from one which finished 16th to one which finished 11th (and not all to far off top 6 either).

So yes I am happy that we finished 11th. Especially if you look at the players Newcastle have. You also have the best support in the world right? If Carlsberg were a football team they would probably be Newcastle.

Quote:
Big Sam spend next to nothing at Bolton so i dunno where the impression splash the cash came from?
Did you not read my post.

Wages. Wages. Wages.

He brings in mercenaries, close to end of their tethar and pays them a shitload to play for him. Other than Anelka (who was still a bargain, which indicates he probably gave the young man a shitload a week) the Botlon squad was built up of players who were good for a couple of seasons but picked up a nice bumper wage before ****ing off to the MLS.

Newcastle will suit him though. Am I reet? Dyer on £80,000 a week. Owen on £110,000 a week. Jesus Newcastle are a joke. Paying players like that, that kind of money.

No one goes to Newcastle for the stadium and fans. Wake up and smell the coffee. They go because they are being paid a shitload.

Quote:
P.S someone tell Big Sam he can spend some money if he wants to
Ok lets try to get back to the purpose of the thread.

I'm actually more excited about Mark Viduka than Joey Barton i rate Viduka very highly and he is a proven player and i'm still worried about Owen. Also can you guys tell me what you think of Tal Ben Haim? As i know nought about any football club outside of Newcastle
That's the one. Buy a 31 year old. He will have a good season or two in him. Really forward thinking stuff Newcastle.

Newcastle should stop looking at these one season wonders and build a team of young, hungry players. Barton, if he is managed, the arrogant little shit will be a wonder for Newcastle and will give you some much needed bite which you miss at the moment.

Ben Haim is a pretty sold defender. Decent in the air, fairly versatile, can chop down his man. Nothing special, but there are few special defenders in the game.

If you were going to sign a Central Defender, I would much rather sign Curtis Davies who is shit hot. You won't go wrong signing Villas Liam Ridgwell either, he is a good, young defender who has a head for goal.
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 12:19   #54
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ah yes, I think the moment Kevin Keegan came out with the "We are everyones second team" I wanted to throw up.
To be honest, I think it was impossible to not be entertained by his death in the pursuit of glory method of management at Newcastle. The ability to get a team with ridiculous amounts of attacking flair to self-destruct in the most horrible way possible is probably the best you can get. I think a fairer point is that those times were great entertainment for everyone, but apart from this brief period of time, Newcastle haven't really done anything to be a club of any particular note that would get them called 'massive'

Quote:
Don't worry. I don't think Newcastle are a big club. A club with an ego? Yes. A club who think they are better than they are? Yes. A club who live in the clouds? Yes. No one mention the 80s to Newcastle fans.
I think it's true with a lot of their 'premiership' fans - you know, after 1992 when football was invented. With some of their older fans, I think it might be different.

Quote:
Sunderland. Now they are a big club. They don't shout about how great they are. They are humble. And in all honesty they have just as many supporters. Just because half of devon don't support them on Sky tv doesn't mean they are not a big club. (Of course I am baiting you, but there are some things that I have put down which is truthful.)
Sunderland are one of the best supported teams in recent years, home and away. Especially away, their away fans are a magnificent bunch.

Quote:
Let me see Aston Villa (as many posters have pointed out) haven't finished anything higher than 6th in the last ten years. We were almost relegated last season. We have one of the smallest squads in the premiership. And for a large part of the season we have been playing with half of our youth squad.

At the start of the season we went 11 games unbeaten, end of the season we went xyz games unbeaten it was in the middle that let us down. If we would have sorted the middle part out, forget uefa cup, we would have been looking at Champions League. The failures in the middle part of the season (November to February, Villa didn't play a league game in March) was down to a lack of strikers.
We could say the same with Portsmouth and claim that the fact we have no goalscorers of note hurt us after we got to 40 points, but really we just weren't good enough to get Europe. You should just admit that too. We will struggle to get top half next season. You will probably struggle to get Europe.

Quote:
We lost Luke Moore which was a big hit for us. We were playing 4-3-3, and had to switch 4-2-2. We lost speed and width. When we started losing, and drawing it hit many of the young lads hard. Very hard. We had a weak strike force. A mis firing Baros and Angel. Chris "I have an injury" Sutton and Our Academy graduate, gabby Agbonlahor. Incidentally Gabriel Agbonlahor played every minute of every game bar 2 I believe (Substituted at Reading, rested at another.)

Baros was sold in January, Carew was brought in. Young was brought in. But confidence was still low. We started to play well, but we just couldn't win. Newcastle was a prime example. We went up there and lost 3-1 even though we were a better team on the night. Bolton at home, we outplayed them for 89 minutes. We drew. We weren't playing bad football. Only a couple of games I can truly say we played badly, it was against Liverpool at home (0-0). We gave the big guns a run out. Chelsea didn't beat us in the league. Arsenal we held at the emirates and in the second half we certainly played better than them at home.

In fact we played well.

O'Neill is still putting his stamp on the team. He inherited a poor team and turned it from one which finished 16th to one which finished 11th (and not all to far off top 6 either).

So yes I am happy that we finished 11th. Especially if you look at the players Newcastle have. You also have the best support in the world right? If Carlsberg were a football team they would probably be Newcastle.
Playing devil's advocate, some of his selections, transfers and formations look all a bit disjointed/bizarre and I'll suggest that since when he was last in the prem, football has moved on. All he achieved was to make Villa a solid side and given the amount of self destruction this season in the prem (Portsmouth finished 9th and we're not that great), 11th is probably an adequate return

Quote:
He brings in mercenaries, close to end of their tethar and pays them a shitload to play for him. Other than Anelka (who was still a bargain, which indicates he probably gave the young man a shitload a week) the Botlon squad was built up of players who were good for a couple of seasons but picked up a nice bumper wage before ****ing off to the MLS.

That's the one. Buy a 31 year old. He will have a good season or two in him. Really forward thinking stuff Newcastle.

Newcastle should stop looking at these one season wonders and build a team of young, hungry players. Barton, if he is managed, the arrogant little shit will be a wonder for Newcastle and will give you some much needed bite which you miss at the moment.

Ben Haim is a pretty sold defender. Decent in the air, fairly versatile, can chop down his man. Nothing special, but there are few special defenders in the game.

If you were going to sign a Central Defender, I would much rather sign Curtis Davies who is shit hot. You won't go wrong signing Villas Liam Ridgwell either, he is a good, young defender who has a head for goal.
To be fair Allardyce is at the mercy of one of the most fickle clubs in football. He needs results straight away, because as a Newcastle manager, you are never going to get time. His signings look astute from my point of view; he is going to make them solid, take advantage of their quite talented midfield and use Viduka and Owen for goals.

Long term doesn't really exist at Newcastle - you're either successful or you are shown the door, it's as simple as that.

Quote:
Newcastle will suit him though. Am I reet? Dyer on £80,000 a week. Owen on £110,000 a week. Jesus Newcastle are a joke. Paying players like that, that kind of money.

No one goes to Newcastle for the stadium and fans. Wake up and smell the coffee. They go because they are being paid a shitload.
Yeah well foreigners only want to play in London or for United/Liverpool these days, so you want to get players elsewhere - you pay a premium or choose for players that aren't so good.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 10:39   #55
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wouldnt say that being 'big' has much to do with what youve won - I'd say its more to do with history, the size of your fanbase, and (most importantly) how much you matter on a global scale. Villa arent a big club because noone outside England is likely to support or care about them, and even within England you arent likely to find many fans outside Birmingham. The big clubs in the UK are probably Man United, Liverpool, Celtic and then maybe Arsenal somewhere behind since theyre the only ones that have had any sustained relevance to people outside Britain and their respective cities.
I don't know about that.

In my travels abroad, every market place sold an Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Celtic shirts. Rarely you'd see a Spurs or an Everton or a Rangers shirt although nowadays, there are loads of Chelsea shirts because of the players they've got in the squad.

All the four clubs mentioned above fit into the description you've given above of what's a big club. They've all got history, their fanbase size is huge and they matter on a global scale. Above all, they've had the most success in their respective leagues.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 10:44   #56
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rangers are domestically more successful than Celtic historically speaking; Celtic are a huge club largely because they have one of the best marketing departments in modern football and trade constantly off their Irish roots. I wouldnt really call Arsenal a particularly successful club compared to Man United/Liverpool and I doubt they had many overseas fans before Wenger ended their boring boring Arsenal days.

Last edited by Nodrog; 11 Jun 2007 at 10:52.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 11:16   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I wouldnt really call Arsenal a particularly successful club compared to Man United/Liverpool
Pre-Premiership, Arsenal had won the league three times more than Manchester United (with two of the successes of Arsenal coming in the previous 20 years, and none of United's), the FA Cup once fewer. In European competition, Manchester United had won the Cup Winners Cup once, and the European Cup once. Replace that European cup with the Fairs cup, and you get Arsenal's record.

Obviously some of this is part of the public perception you mention, but Arsenal were regarded as one of the biggest clubs in the country pre-Premiership, and success attracts a lot more fans than a lesser entity that produces better football.

A good demonstration of this is what teams the americans on SA choose to follow: almost all following the big clubs, which probably has a root in the "everyone loves a winner" mentality, but also comes from the fact that there's a lot more publicity about them, and their games are more easily seen.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 11 Jun 2007 at 11:23.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 11:20   #58
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Pre-Premiership, Arsenal had won the league three times more than Manchester United
Mostly in the 30s, which is fairly irrelevant and means nothing in terms of their current support. Stuff before the end of WW2 doesnt count really since very very few modern fans are going to have memories of it.

Does TV footage of those arsenal seasons even exist? Would anyone outside the UK have known about it at the time?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 11:28   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Mostly in the 30s, which is fairly irrelevant and means nothing in terms of their current support. Stuff before the end of WW2 doesnt count really since very very few modern fans are going to have memories of it.
Postwar, prepremiership Arsenal titles: 5
Postwar, prepremiership Manchester United titles: 5

Three most recent Arsenal titles, as of 1992: 1970–71, 1988–89, 1990–91
Three most recent Manchester United titles, as of 1992: 1956-57, 1964-65, 1966-67

I don't know about the surviving footage question, I don't know where someone would find information like that.

Manchester United have been a big club over the last 40 years because of the Munich crash, not really because of their success.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 11 Jun 2007 at 11:34.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 12:17   #60
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tuncay on a Bosman to Boro seems like a pretty canny bit of business btw.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 14:12   #61
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking that as well, hes a really good player.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 16:14   #62
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Forest have signed Neil Lennon on a free

Ok he's nearly 36 but he played well for Celtic last season and should be perfect in league 1.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 17:05   #63
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

lennon is an excellent team player and will do brilliant for you next year. So long as you go to games and dont watch highlight packages, he's a superb footballer. he can take huge credit for some of celtics greatest wins in europe the last few years thanks purely to his discipline and ability to read the game.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 17:29   #64
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
lennon is an excellent team player and will do brilliant for you next year. So long as you go to games and dont watch highlight packages, he's a superb footballer. he can take huge credit for some of celtics greatest wins in europe the last few years thanks purely to his discipline and ability to read the game.
this is a very interesting point actually and I think it deserves greater discussion. We all know of bias in the media, but what of bias in Match of the Day? Who picks the parts to put into the show an why?

People take football very seriously and it is a muti-million pound business and this can make a footballers life rather difficult or easy depending on how the game is cut.

For example, Craig Bellamy is a lazy **** and never runs except when the ball is right next to him. Now the game is cut to show all of the footage of his running (all 45 seconds of it) and people watching on tv think he is a really good player.

Apparantly, the opposite is true for Lennon. How should a game like Match of the Day be cut? Should some boring bits be left in to give a more accurate view of the players or is it all about thrills and spills?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 17:38   #65
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its fine the way it is. I'll rave on and on about lennon's battling qualities if someone puts a soapbox under my feet but the fact remains i'd rather watch bellamy's one run and goal all game than a collage of lennon snuffing out wing play and putting the ball out for a throw in multiple times.

All i was trying to say is too often its easy to judge players based on how they look on tv / highlight packages. So many positions on the field arent glory positions at all.

A good example of this would be Wes Brown. He makes high profile errors which make match of the day and form peoples opinions of him. (And most people cant forgive/forget/stop laughing at the comedy Barthez/Blanc/Brown days). But in actuality if you give him 90 minutes and watch him for that amount of time, he's an excellent center half who would do well at 12-14 of the 20 premiership clubs.

Unread 13 Jun 2007, 18:30   #66
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The best thing about the Blanc days were the Blackburn/Liverpool/Arsenal/Newcastle/Chelsea losses being the first 5 of the season.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 18:38   #67
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
All i was trying to say is too often its easy to judge players based on how they look on tv / highlight packages. So many positions on the field arent glory positions at all.

A good example of this would be Wes Brown. He makes high profile errors which make match of the day and form peoples opinions of him. (And most people cant forgive/forget/stop laughing at the comedy Barthez/Blanc/Brown days). But in actuality if you give him 90 minutes and watch him for that amount of time, he's an excellent center half who would do well at 12-14 of the 20 premiership clubs.
this is what I'm saying. For most people it's not possible to watch every minute of every game (or even one game a week) and motd is all they have to base their opinions on.

Bad players get good reputation and good players get bad reputations, depending on what the good people at the BBC decide to show. For players from your own club this shouldn't really be an issue, but when it comes to internationals it makes things that much more difficult to hold a balanced view.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 18:38   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
For example, Craig Bellamy is a lazy **** and never runs except when the ball is right next to him. Apparantly, the opposite is true for Lennon.
I doubt all that running Neil Lennon puts in when he isn't on the pitch is really that relevant.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 19:29   #69
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

you can say what you want about lennon, but he had an excellent footballing brain and was the reason we beat barcelona over two legs / the reason we beat juventus, porto, etc etc. We will struggle without him.

Unread 13 Jun 2007, 19:40   #70
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what forest need more is a better manager.

sounds shit but calderwood comes across as a bit of a loser.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 19:46   #71
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
what forest need more is a better manager.

sounds shit but calderwood comes across as a bit of a loser.
Agree.

He seems to have no tactical awareness, never seems to care whether we win or lose and the players just never put in a performance anywhere near their best.

Lennon though is not a loser and will probably kick the wankers around him into actually trying to win for a change.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 19:50   #72
All Systems Go

I don't wish to sound mean but maybe he's the best manager you can get. I know you have a big history and all that but the reality is you are still in League 1* and (from the little I know) you don't really have much cash. So if you were to get into the Premiership and stay there for a couple of seasons you could get a very good manager, compared to if another club did that. But whilst you are where you are there's only so much you can expect

*that was the most unlikely outcome of a play-off I've ever seen.

**OK it's th only play-off I've ever watched but still
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 19:57   #73
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

without wishing to upset ste sitting in the pub with him watching that play-off from a neutral view was pretty fun
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 20:23   #74
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I don't wish to sound mean but maybe he's the best manager you can get. I know you have a big history and all that but the reality is you are still in League 1* and (from the little I know) you don't really have much cash. So if you were to get into the Premiership and stay there for a couple of seasons you could get a very good manager, compared to if another club did that. But whilst you are where you are there's only so much you can expect

*that was the most unlikely outcome of a play-off I've ever seen.

**OK it's th only play-off I've ever watched but still
No, Forest can do much better than Calderwood because even Northampton fans were glad to be rid of him. Regardless of their league 1 status, I don't think there are many football fans outside of Leicester and Derby that don't want to see Forest as a championship club at least. Away days in Nottingham are pretty hard to be a disappointment and coming in from the station and over the bridge, the City Ground remains one of the most beautiful football stadiums in England, especially for a floodlit game. It has wow factor.

I am stunned at their decline as in 2002/3, Forest were probably the 2nd best footballing side in div 1 behind us yet they never got back to the Prem - they had an absolutely quality side. People talk about their decline since Clough, but that was just bound to happen - their decline since that season has been even worse in my opinion.

I am not saying Forest fans should demand premiership football, but given the incompetence in recent years they've got every reason to be angry with all that's followed after that near miss.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 21:02   #75
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Bollocks - there are better managers in League 1 - look at S****horpe, Yeovil, Blackpool, Oldham's managers for a start. (yeh I know 2 of them got promoted but still)

We've got more money than all the teams in league 1. We get more supporters than at least 6 premiership teams - and that's at home to shite opposition, watching shite football, paying high prices and still not winning.

Megson was the highest paid manager in the championship when he came iirc and then we got relegated.

Calderwood is/was a gamble - young manager learning his trade.
I seriously can't see any tactics when we play, we've won a lot of our games this season by simply having better players on the pitch than the opposition rather than playing better, having a better system or targetting any kind of weakness.

Going back to 2002/03 - we played really well up until about christmas time when Paul Hart's lack of experience started to show - we had brilliant players, played attractive football but had no strength in depth and no backup plan when the diamond formation was found out.
The next season we struggled with injuries and confidence and the manager had no idea what to do.
So much so that when Kinnear came in all he did to transform the team was loan in Alan "pie boy" Rogers and Andy "no neck" Impey and we shot up the league.

Anyway... The play-offs was my last straw with Calderwood as far as his competence goes. He attracts some decent players though and has released a lot of the dross that has been turning out for us over the last few seasons.
However - our squad is threadbare now and we need plenty more players before the season starts.

Unread 13 Jun 2007, 22:22   #76
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

People say Torres is leaving, anyone care to guess where he will go?
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 22:57   #77
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
People say Torres is leaving, anyone care to guess where he will go?
People have been saying that for the past few years, I'll believe it when I see it. See also: Lampard to Barcelona, Henry to Barcelona/Real Madrid, Robben to Real Madrid, Trezuguet to Arsenal, and so forth.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 23:43   #78
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

calderwood leaving was just about prompting street parties in northampton.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 00:11   #79
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:

Sunderland are one of the best supported teams in recent years, home and away. Especially away, their away fans are a magnificent bunch.
Seconded, sticks in the throat but they are superb. I respect them. Would you say the same of Southampton?

Quote:
To be fair Allardyce is at the mercy of one of the most fickle clubs in football.

Long term doesn't really exist at Newcastle - you're either successful or you are shown the door, it's as simple as that.
How many times? How many times Lok? Like Sunderland we have bounced ala rubber marble for many years. The last decade we have had relative stability along with a few dreams, and the occasional broken heart.

Year after year we have been told from the top and from the players what a great club we are and what we are going to do. It never happens but we support the team on mass. If the situation was reversed and Sunderland had stability and Newcastle yoyo'd would you be saying how great the Newcastle support was and how fickle the Sunderland fans was? Maybe, maybe not.

To call us ‘fickle’ is a gross misunderstanding, and at best the smug attitude of an over achiever club supporter. We are no different from the Mackams, 'sing your hearts out for the lads'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'd also say that your hypothesis that "big clubs always get big again" lacks sufficient evidence
It's a good point, we could be the next Blackpool or Royal Engineer's. Just bear that in mind Lok. We know we aint "big" but Fickle, Grr daft lad.

I've said often enough as you know Pompy has a fantastic support, but for the life of me I could not tell you why?

So in respect don't call us fickle.

Last edited by Maladoni; 14 Jun 2007 at 00:18.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 07:20   #80
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
So in respect don't call us fickle.
A fickle post from a fickle man in fickle times.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 09:03   #81
isildurx

Seriously though, how long can he stay at Atletico with no chance of winning anything.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 10:35   #82
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

He's always got Spain's unfortunate Euro/WC campaigns to fall back on.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 10:39   #83
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
Seconded, sticks in the throat but they are superb. I respect them. Would you say the same of Southampton?
I wouldn't, some ****s in Southampton threw bricks through the windows of one of our supporters' busses as it was leaving.

Quinny took the passangers back up north on the team bus mind, so that was ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Seriously though, how long can he stay at Atletico with no chance of winning anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-b01xfi1yI
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 14:05   #84
isildurx

Yeah lol, some people are like that but Torres truly doesnt seem like it and theres fewer and fewer such players nowadays anyway.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 14:07   #85
isildurx

Dang some of those goals are sublime.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 17:09   #86
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Where you beaten up on Newcastle or something because this is one of the most malicious post's I've ever seen or maybe it's because you couldn't hold on to James milner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ah yes, I think the moment Kevin Keegan came out with the "We are everyone's second team" I wanted to throw up.
The premiership is the most popular league on the planet you can not deny Newcastle where a very entertaining team under Keegan they certainly didn't tune into watch Aston villa lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
No one mention the 80's to Aston villa either!I don't get what point your trying to get across lots of clubs have bad times. How do i have a ego and you don't your the one saying villa will Finnish 6th lots of fans over rate there team your one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Are you a Sunderland fan in disguise or something? I don't get your point if Sunderland are a big club then how are Newcastle not? I'm not the one shouting on how big there club is you are.

I never started this conversation about big club was it was you and wakey who did that. Newcastle fans don't go around oh where going to win the premiership every season! The reason roader went is that he didn't improve on last years performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ummm so did i miss something?the exact same thing happened with Newcastle this season we even had three goal keepers out at one point! Newcastle have a small squad too. Aston vila have 25 i think and Newcastle have 28. but i maintain we had a much worse injury list than you had.
Owen, Given, Dyer to name just a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Now who has there head in the clouds, champions league get off it!

Quote:
Where not that unreasonable are we uefa cup spot wasn't too much to ask was it?
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 20:16   #87
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. Wenger has been in my home town! (no, I didnt see him, couse I was in Berlin at the time)

He was watching a 16 year old central defender who plays for the local team, Football Club Haugesund (FKH). Arsenal have according to the players agent offered 500k up front and up too around 1mill based on performance etc.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 20:45   #88
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, a player named Havard Nordveit. Naturally his club are holding Arsenal to ransom since he's said he'd like to come to us as opposed to "Manchester United, Bordeaux, Ajax and clubs from Italy and Spain" (aka every man and his dog). They allegedly turned down a bid of £1.8m, although it's impossible to say how much of that was performance-related; Zhukov's figures are probably in the right areas.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 20:45   #89
JonnyBGood
Banned

I don't know how it's possible but in this zokka versus pig argument I actually want both people to be proven wrong.
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 14:32   #90
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I don't know how it's possible but in this zokka versus pig argument I actually want both people to be proven wrong.
But he started it!!! Whole things a bit over the top but fight with me and i will let you share the loot and any country you want is yours!
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 19:15   #91
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
A fickle post from a fickle man in fickle times.
3 ficks don't make a right.

Now naive I wouldn't of minded.
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 20:56   #92
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Zokka's stock has since fallen dramatically.
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 00:15   #93
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Yeah, a player named Havard Nordveit. Naturally his club are holding Arsenal to ransom since he's said he'd like to come to us as opposed to "Manchester United, Bordeaux, Ajax and clubs from Italy and Spain" (aka every man and his dog). They allegedly turned down a bid of £1.8m, although it's impossible to say how much of that was performance-related; Zhukov's figures are probably in the right areas.
The club have accepted a slightly improved offer today. The whole package is now worth 2.0 million quid.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 09:19   #94
All Systems Go

Chelsea have signed Tal Ben Haim on a free-transfer. I'm a little disappinted as I've always enjoyed the summer tranfer window and the signing of exciting new players, but this time we're only buying fourth choice back-up players. Admittedly it's what is needed, but still.
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 10:55   #95
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alex, pizarrio, Sidewell and Ben Haim are hardly bad players.

Alex and pizarrio could probably walk into most teams in Europe. Sidwell is a real little gem, don't be put off by the fact he played for Reading, he is a very good player. Ben Haim does the job, that's what Chelsea need.

All for free transfers, bloody bargain. Think how much you would have paid for them this time last year. I would be very pleased with the bit of business jose has done as a Chelsea fan.
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 10:56   #96
isildurx

Agreed
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 11:15   #97
All Systems Go

I'm not saying they are bad players or that it isn't value for money. It's just difficult to get excited by players who are inevitably going to be back-up. Can you honestly see any of those players becoming regulars in the team?

the only person who stands out is Alex, who is the exception to the rule but I'm not sure if he is definatly going to Chelsea yet.

Pizarrio and Sidewell have been signed with the African Nation in mind to which Drogba, Essien and Kalou will all be heading. Ben Haim is the back up defender that was badly needed last season. In as much as they are needed to boost the squad there have not been any signings to improve the overall quality.

Personally, I would like to see a new right-back, which is currently the wekest position in the squad. Ferraira is alrighht and ould be a great back up but Diarra makes too many mistakes and can be rather reckless with his challenges.
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 14:13   #98
isildurx

Geremi :lol:

Im sure Pizarro can bag more goals than Sheva did last season atleast. Im expecting good things from Kalou next season, hope he gets more playingtime.
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 14:17   #99
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Also.

Willie McKay.

ha ha ha
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 14:58   #100
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold

Alex is not a free transfer, he is owned by chelsea and has been loaned out to psv for the last few years.. And PSV has already confirmed they will not have him next season so he is coming to chelsea or being sold.

And I fully expect him to challenge for a first team place next season, he has been the revelation of the dutch league in the last seasons and has been included in the brazilian national team.
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
PureviL is offline   Reply With Quote