User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Jun 2007, 01:40   #51
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: What should my home drinks cabinet contain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
But then again, you never use uppercase letters when you're supposed to.
They're commonly referred to as capitals dear

I believe that Zhukov used isn't where he should have used aren't.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 01:46   #52
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
They're commonly referred to as capitals dear

I believe that Zhukov used isn't where he should have used aren't.
I will (grudgingly; and while suffering much neg rep) attempt to teach foreigners how to understand english. but i'll be damned if i'm going to teach you.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:13   #53
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Agreeing with Yahwe, for once. And saying Smirnoff is 'guaranteed to be decent' is such a horrible lie. It actually is pretty much synonymous with 'drinking methylated spirit is bound to lead to a great night'
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:39   #54
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Was it just me or did anyone else find the interchange between Yahwe and all the people who didn't get his 'Belgarath you like shit whiskey too you fag' joke extremely amusing?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:51   #55
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
And saying Smirnoff is 'guaranteed to be decent' is such a horrible lie. It actually is pretty much synonymous with 'drinking methylated spirit is bound to lead to a great night'
All vodka tastes like hell in my opinion. The only booze I like is the one you shouldn't drink too much of.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:55   #56
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Was it just me or did anyone else find the interchange between Yahwe and all the people who didn't get his 'Belgarath you like shit whiskey too you fag' joke extremely amusing?
That wasnt the 'joke' he was making, the examples Belgarath gave were whiskeys rather than whiskys (whisky = distilled in Scotland and a couple of other countries, whiskey = ireland/US).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:56   #57
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I "should n`t have" a drinks cabinet; I`m suposed to be cuting back

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:57   #58
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Whiskey when it's from Scotland and whisky when it's not, right?
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:58   #59
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Whiskey when it's from Scotland and whisky when it's not, right?
Other way round (edited first post)
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 12:36   #60
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
That wasnt the 'joke' he was making, the examples Belgarath gave were whiskeys rather than whiskys (whisky = distilled in Scotland and a couple of other countries, whiskey = ireland/US).
actually I was highlighting the fact that neither jack daniels nor jamesons are "decent".

Of course this is obvious to anyone who isn't a short socially retarded ginger spastic (and of course the foreigners who can't understand english either)

xxx
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 13:10   #61
Nodrog

No you werent, but nice work on the attempted backtrack.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 13:41   #62
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
No you werent, but nice work on the attempted backtrack.
Stop derailing the thread by claiming psychic powers and looking like a retard.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 13:43   #63
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This isn't a dig but most people posting here offering advice are the same age as me. That's 20-25. I don't understand how you can know so much about drinking whisky when in reality most of us probably can't even afford the stuff.

Maybe it's just me but I haven't drank nearly enough of anything to give what appears to be an expert opinion. Sure if you speak to say my dad about wine he could speak for hours about it and have a good opinion. This has come from years of drinking the stuff, reading about it etc etc. Not overnight and certainly not after a couple of years of drinking it.

Then again what you like is down to you. If JD does it for you, for gods sake buy JD. Take on the opinion of those in this thread, but I find drinking is often down to what you like. Everyone has different tastes.

I am sure that some of these recommendations are in fact good but in the main those who have replied surely haven't had enough experience to say "drink xyz and not abc".

Maybe I just missed the class in school on whiskey.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 13:44   #64
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
This isn't a dig but maybe you're just poor, ignorant, vulgar and ghastly
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 13:47   #65
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What do you mean by that?

Only a rich person can enjoy whiskey? Sure ok that's fine with me. I would rather stick with my £1.79 pint of carling then pretend to be better than someone because I can afford a more expensive drink.

Ignorant? In what way?

Vulgar? What has this go to do with drinking?

Ghastly? See above.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 13:50   #66
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
This isn't a dig but most people posting here offering advice are the same age as me. That's 20-25. I don't understand how you can know so much about drinking whisky when in reality most of us probably can't even afford the stuff.
It doesn't take long to get a general feel for what you like. In addition, whisky isn't as expensive a pursuit as you make out, especially when you can go to small specialist shops and get 100-250ml sample bottles for a few pounds. It's not like it generally gets drunk quickly either, so you wouldn't for example be able to do a cost comparison with something like a bottle of vodka.

Edit:
How much do you spend on football and clothes? Genuine question.

Last edited by pablissimo; 3 Jun 2007 at 14:00.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 14:33   #67
pig
1up on you

Football I spend about £400 for my Season Ticket, then say another 5-10 away games so a further £200.

Clothes. I probably spend about £300 a year on clothes. At the moment my wardrobe is very bare and I haven't bought new clothes since about last august. I generally buy new clothes/shoes when I need them.

Why?

I just always had this image that whiskey was an expensive pursuit, this of course comes from my limited knowledge of browsing duty free. Would you not agree though that its quite unique that a group of well fairly young people know so much about whiskey.

Not disregarding the advice given, as I am sure it is good advice.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 14:41   #68
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Football I spend about £400 for my Season Ticket, then say another 5-10 away games so a further £200.
our season tickets are £675 good god
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 14:45   #69
Nadar
I see you!

£675 for a season ticket? My club's season ticket is £200
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 14:48   #70
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

Clothes. I probably spend about £300 a year on clothes. At the moment my wardrobe is very bare and I haven't bought new clothes since about last august. I generally buy new clothes/shoes when I need them.

Why?

I just always had this image that whiskey was an expensive pursuit, this of course comes from my limited knowledge of browsing duty free. Would you not agree though that its quite unique that a group of well fairly young people know so much about whiskey.

Not disregarding the advice given, as I am sure it is good advice.
It seems football is more expensive than drinking good whisky =(

From what's been said in the thread about whisky though, most of the suggestions are the cheap stuff that's perfectly passable but pretty dull because that's what most people tend to drink. I'm not sure a lot of 'expert opinion' has been expressed, I've only been drinking whisky for four or five years so I just picked out things that I've personally liked as opposed to putting any additional thought into it. Most of the bottles brought up are around £20, which isn't outside the realm of possibility if you prioritise trying new drinks over other things. A couple of friends of mine are more interested in the entire area than I, but they come back from these whisky society meetings with reasonably pretentious tales so I imagine I'm as far into the 'scene' as I'm going to get.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 14:59   #71
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

Maybe it's just me but I haven't drank nearly enough of anything to give what appears to be an expert opinion. Sure if you speak to say my dad about wine he could speak for hours about it and have a good opinion. This has come from years of drinking the stuff, reading about it etc etc. Not overnight and certainly not after a couple of years of drinking it.

Then again what you like is down to you. If JD does it for you, for gods sake buy JD. Take on the opinion of those in this thread, but I find drinking is often down to what you like. Everyone has different tastes.

I am sure that some of these recommendations are in fact good but in the main those who have replied surely haven't had enough experience to say "drink xyz and not abc".

The majority of the people here all reccomended just one or two drinks to be included in the cabinet. He wasnt asking 'whats the one bottle of spirit/liquer i should drink before i drop dead tomorrow', he was trying to fill a cabinet, so to be honest, the vast number of answers was probably useful. Yeah, a GD thread that was useful. I cant believe it either.

On the other hand though on some level i agree with you. A lot of people are doing the whole 'o lol u havnt herd of xyz lolz' / 'ive been a fan of abc 4 years gud 2 c ur catching up' thing, particularly those around my age or younger, with limited life/drinking experience that didnt involve lager/cider/cheap mixing spirits.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 15:00   #72
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

also i want to know the result of this thread and what drinks you end up getting to fill the cabinet.

Unread 3 Jun 2007, 20:41   #73
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. Pig is right, a few people in here (mentioning no names...) are just talking the talk and don't really walk the walk (drink the drink...?). I could wank off about a load of obscure alcohol brands and pretend that I drink them all the time but in all honesty, if I'm out I will probably be drinking gin+tonic or JD+coke or something equally mainstream.

2. JD (in my mind) isn't a proper whisky. It's too sweet and doesn't taste like a classic whisky. Same goes for Jim Beam.

3. Yahwe's post was obviously taking the piss out of Belgarath for saying "get some decent whiskey/whisky" and then naming some generic low/medium-quality brands. Anyone who couldn't see that needs to reread it! It was nothing to do with grammar or anything else.

4. In all honesty, the best way I'd know if something was a good whisky would probably be by its price label. Terrible I know, but I don't think I'd be able to pick out a good brand in a blindfolded tasting test. But then, I don't really drink much whisky.

Last edited by Tomkat; 4 Jun 2007 at 12:09.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 22:17   #74
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
4. In all honesty, the best way I'd know if something was a good whisky would probably be by its price label. Terrible I know, but I don't think I'd be able to pick out a good brand in a blindfolded tasting test. But then, I don't really drink much whisky.
This is funny because it's true. I read about a DVD producer who sold cheap DVD players in America. It wasn't worse than the more expensive ones, but people thought low price was low quality and no one bought it. The producer then raised the price way higher than their competitors and their sales skyrocketed.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:46   #75
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
3. Yahwe's post was obviously taking the piss out of Zhukov for saying "get some decent whiskey/whisky" and then naming some generic low/medium-quality brands. Anyone who couldn't see that needs to reread it! It was nothing to do with grammar or anything else.
Then you both misread me.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 4 Jun 2007 at 02:21.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 11:28   #76
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Does the cabinet have a lock? Having a small child that likes to wander could cause some very painful spillage of alcohol, especially if it's the pricey stuff.

Keep it safe. Keep it locked!

As an after-thought, keep the key where it cannot be easily reached and swallowed. Do you really want to go through soiled nappies, just to have a drink? Yes, of course you're prepared to but, why risk it?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 12:09   #77
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Then you both misread me.
Sorry, I meant to say Belgarath, not Zhukov. My mistake. I've now corrected my original post to make it look like I never made that mistake!
He who controls the present, controls the past! He who controls the past, controls the future!
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:02   #78
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

He who controls the stereo, doesnt play rage against the machine.

Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:06   #79
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
He who controls the stereo, doesnt play rage against the machine.
But he might read Orwell.

Just like Franz Ferdinand. He gets shot in the head, but all we think of is the band.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:08   #80
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

this thread has turned out to be shamefully brilliant in several levels, good work
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:28   #81
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
2. JD (in my mind) isn't a proper whisky. It's too sweet and doesn't taste like a classic whisky. Same goes for Jim Beam.
Also, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Kentucky Gent, and so on aren't "whisky". They're bourbon (bourbon's made of 50%+ corn, you know).
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:24   #82
Tomkat

yea i knew that what you sayin you sayin i didnt know that well i did know that
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:28   #83
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

GREY GOOSE VODKA OR ELSE!

That's all i have to say about that.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 19:35   #84
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

grey goose isnt 'all that' i have had better
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 19:03   #85
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Does the cabinet have a lock? Having a small child that likes to wander could cause some very painful spillage of alcohol, especially if it's the pricey stuff.

Keep it safe. Keep it locked!
Small child already enjoys a diluted finger of wine and a beer-dipped finger every once in a while. Every 'child-proof' device we've ever bought has been defeated by our little Ninja within a week of it being installed.
I'd need to put my drinks in a safe and bury it under the patio* for it to be even vaguely safe from her mischievous fingers.

As to my drink choices.
1. I don't drink whisky.
2. Vodka is vodka, unless you're drinking it neat, which I don't unless I'm hammered, at which point I couldn't care less what it tastes like.*
3. Brandy? Hmm...
4. Cognac? Hmm...

* Does not apply if I'm in Moscow, when drinking vodka in any way other than neat is just plain rude.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 22:51   #86
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I really like Glenfiddich, as you can really enjoy this by yourself since it's 'softer' than most.

Since this is for your own drinking cabinet, shouldn't you just pick one type of drink you really like and focus on that and get some top bottles of the other types? You'll probably keep picking the same type of drink anyway, so why waste a lot of money on getting a broad but useless collection?

Good luck with it!
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 23:13   #87
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
I really like Glenfiddich, as you can really enjoy this by yourself since it's 'softer' than most.

Since this is for your own drinking cabinet, shouldn't you just pick one type of drink you really like and focus on that and get some top bottles of the other types? You'll probably keep picking the same type of drink anyway, so why waste a lot of money on getting a broad but useless collection?

Good luck with it!
It's a fair point, but it doesn't cater for my occasional 'Pink-Floyd-stylie' experimental drinking bouts, when I pull out the cocktail shaker and start throwing various bits of this and that together, drinking it and throwing up down the toilet.

Cocktails of Beer, Gin, Drambuie, Tequila and Rose wine aren't going to help me keep away from the porcelain steering wheel, are they?

Unread 5 Jun 2007, 23:20   #88
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Dead_Meat, I'm noticing, as have others, a definite lack of decent whiskey. I'm positively shocked at you.

Jack Daniels is a must - it's the Smirnoff of whiskey, not overly expensive, but guaranteed to be decent.

You should get a nice jameson, or some Glenfiddich. Hell, like pab's said, any scottish single malt will do.
Belgy, whiskey just doesn't really do much for me. Yeah, sure, sat in front of a roaring fire in the middle of winter with snow outside, fair enough. When I go home for Christmas or some such thing, I'll happily drink the stuff.
However, sat outside, in Florida, in the middle of summer, when it's 35degrees and 99% humidity, just doesn't really work for me.

I haven't drunk Jack Daniels for over 11 years and I won't be drinking it this side of hell either and No, I'm not telling you why.

Unread 5 Jun 2007, 23:37   #89
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
also i want to know the result of this thread and what drinks you end up getting to fill the cabinet.
Well, I'm in St. Maarten at the moment (where this pic comes from) so Duty Free is first place to go on the way back. I think it may be time to get some Amarreto and Martini for cocktails. Housewarming coming up in a few weeks with the neighbours.

Oh yeah, neighbours so far:
Next door: Old man and wife (have pool)
Next door other side: Policeman (fat) Wife (fat) - Nice people.
Across road: Policeman (fat) Wife (fat) - Nice people.
Next door to next door: Cretin with souped-up Mustang (look at my exhaust, it makes THIS much noise! Yeah great, go stick that exhaust up your arse and let me stamp on the loud pedal next time you want to test it at 7pm on Sunday evening. ****er)

Unread 5 Jun 2007, 23:45   #90
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Holy shit what's the story of that picture ?
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 00:43   #91
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how come we arent invited to the housewarming?
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 00:49   #92
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Oh yeah, neighbours so far:
Next door: Old man and wife (have pool)
Next door other side: Policeman (fat) Wife (fat) - Nice people.
Across road: Policeman (fat) Wife (fat) - Nice people.
Next door to next door: Cretin with souped-up Mustang (look at my exhaust, it makes THIS much noise! Yeah great, go stick that exhaust up your arse and let me stamp on the loud pedal next time you want to test it at 7pm on Sunday evening. ****er)
Was the mustang guy fat?

I know the old people weren't as fatties dies at 25, am I rite?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 01:42   #93
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Holy shit what's the story of that picture ?
Runway at St Maarten starts about 100ft or so from the beach. Planes come in LOW. It's a bit of a tourist thing to sit under the flight path in the early afternoon when most of the big planes come in and get deafened. Haven't done it myself, but listening to the people shouting about it at the bar makes me wonder if my hearing really needs the aggro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
how come we arent invited to the housewarming?
Because it would get the same reception as a GD meet in anywhere other than London?

But hell, get yourself a ticket and everyone's invited!

Last edited by Dead_Meat; 6 Jun 2007 at 01:58.
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 03:46   #94
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If it were me, and I was to go through duty free on a three bottle limit, with a budget. I would buy:

Kahlua Especial: Slightly better than the regular stuff, really just an excuse for them to add more alcohol.

Cointreau: A fairly universal liqueur, used in a number of cocktails (Cosmo, Margarita), but just as nice with ice. If it's not really what you are after, you could try Benedictine (Queen Elizabeth's are nice). It's not really as versatile as a mixer though.

Then I'd probably buy a bottle of Gin. But you've got enough Gin.

Brandy is cheap, why not spend a little more on a bottle of Port? If you don't like it, you can use it for cooking.
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 07:53   #95
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
you've got enough Gin.
you're damn lucky i didn't neg rep you for putting these words together

wash your keyboard out with soap!