User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2007, 01:10   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Festival Wrist Bands

So it has been almost ten months and people still have them on.

Why?

I really don't get it.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 01:27   #2
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Festival Wrist Bands

they just like them I guess.
I like wristbands that I get when I go to gigs/clubs/whatever - although I usually take them off within a week because they're paper and get all messed up, I will probably keep my reading one on for some time
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 01:37   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why though?

It's like me buying an expensive shirt and keeping the price tag on, there is no need for it. It looks daft and is essentially showing off.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 01:47   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

it is kind of showing off I guess, but I like wristbands, I usually keep the paper ones on for a while until they start to rip/get really messed up etc. Most people don't know what the paper ones are for anyway, I just like them because I do :/
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 02:04   #5
pig
1up on you

That's for enough, it's just the reading ones seem to be making a point. It just seems weird people are still wearing them ten months on.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 02:12   #6
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

I've been wearing my wristband for about 10 months now. I'd feel naked without it now.

I started wearing it because I back when I was fat I never had any trouble taking them off, and this one I couldn't... so kinda turned it a badge of honour

Oh, and it's from some random concert (johnossi!), but I do get a lot of flak from semi-random people who think I'm showing off though.. they usually do apologize when I say from where and why.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 02:13   #7
pig
1up on you

Scissors?
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 08:55   #8
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

There is the minor incentive of free beer next time (at some festivals).

But generally I think it's drunken idiots agreeing to beer bets on the sunday night. So, whoever loses the wristband first, before the next year, has to buy everyone else a case of beer. It works out at about 50quid for me.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 12:13   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

It's proof that you've been to a festival and have a social life I guess. Other people wear t-shirts with "New York City" written on them because they've been there (although others wear those t-shirts even though they haven't been there, but to make it look like it).
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 13:39   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Why though?

It's like me buying an expensive shirt and keeping the price tag on, there is no need for it. It looks daft and is essentially showing off.
No it's not, it's like going to Leeds and buying a Leeds t-shirt with the line-up on the back, or doing the same with any gig/band/event. Except it's free!
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 16:32   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its being a pretentious **** though, really.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 23:08   #12
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

i've got all my wristbands from the festivals I went to 98' to 03, they are nice and safe in a draw somewhere. I never kept them on for more than a week, although one of the lad's I went with always kept his on for ****ing months afterwards.

I thought it was gay then, and I think it's gay now.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 00:26   #13
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

I take them off as soon as I can. I had to wear one for i30, and it annyoed the tits off of me, especially at night. I also had one for my End of Year Ball last night, that came off as soon as I got home
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 00:49   #14
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
its being a pretentious **** though, really.

You seriously need to grow up dude, seriously how old are you? At a certain age you don't care about wristbands and you certainly can't consider them show offs or pretentious anymore. Get a ****ing life.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:00   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
You seriously need to grow up dude, seriously how old are you? At a certain age you don't care about how ripped your guns are and you certainly can't consider them even vaguely attractive or something to be proud of anymore. Get a ****ing life.

fixed.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:06   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
fixed.

yeah because trying to keep up a healthy lifestyle that besides health reasons also results in having better and more sex is really comparable to whining about teenage trends as an adult.

you really got me there champ
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:08   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm confused. What are they made of? Do you shower with them on or put them back on afterwards?

Editing in disbelief at the post above this one.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:10   #18
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
yeah because trying to keep up a healthy lifestyle that besides health reasons also results in having better and more sex is really comparable to whining about teenage trends as an adult.

you really got me there champ
Bodybuilding ! = keeping fit and healthy

(and that was my first post in the thread, keep up muscleman)
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:20   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Bodybuilding ! = keeping fit and healthy

(and that was my first post in the thread, keep up muscleman)

Oh thank you for you deeper insights in my own life and expertise on delicate subjects like health and lifestyle. I knew I especially could learn from the ones over here with planetarion alliances written in their signatures.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 4 Jun 2007 at 01:26.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:27   #20
furball

Quote:
Oh thank you for you deeper insights in my own life and expertise on delicate subjects like health and lifestyle. I knew I especially could learn from the ones over here with planetarion alliances in colours in their signatures.
And if your signature's anything to go by, we can all learn from a pinko liberal pacifist.

Perhaps next time you feel like a posting spree you can move away from inane replies to threads and dropping in the fact that once in a while a female actually deigns to touch you, and instead actually contribute something useful.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:29   #21
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

hey furball, i think you're jealous because there might be an element of truth to ss' stories and you're jealous of that

ss 4eva
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:36   #22
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
hey furball, i think you're jealous because there might be an element of truth to ss' stories and you're jealous of that

ss 4eva

omg u r so banned
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:38   #23
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Well I was just pointing out that I find Deffeh's reply pathetic, like most of his posting lately. I still think it's retarded to be busy with stuff like 'wristbands on teenagers are pretentious'. Somehow you felt the need to jump in and act cool and brave because hey that's what i've seen you doing all the time since you post over here, trying to become one of the locals by asskissing the irc core. I retort and you start dumping the 'contribute or shut up' card.

You tire me.

edit: Yeah I know you're a mod, you don't have to drop that every now and then. Same advice as I gave to Deffeh. Get. A. ****ing. Life.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:52   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm confused. What are they made of?
Usually plastic or cloth.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 01:55   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right, so do people wear them while showering or take them off and put them back on again?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 02:03   #26
furball

Quote:
Well I was just pointing out that I find Deffeh's reply pathetic, like most of his posting lately. I still think it's retarded to be busy with stuff like 'wristbands on teenagers are pretentious'. Somehow you felt the need to jump in and act cool and brave because hey that's what i've seen you doing all the time since you post over here, trying to become one of the locals by asskissing the irc core. I retort and you start dumping the 'contribute or shut up' card.

You tire me.

edit: Yeah I know you're a mod, you don't have to drop that every now and then. Same advice as I gave to Deffeh. Get. A. ****ing. Life.
You haven't been an active poster on GD since 2005. You come along about once a month, post a bit, get bored and then **** off again. How about you ask yourself - why is it you keep coming back to somewhere where people so evidently dislike you?

God SilverSmoke, we're all sitting in #forums and laughing at you coming along and making an ass of yourself. You're a joke. You might have been 'cool' back in the way (doubt it) but times have changed, the internet's moved on. Don't keep coming back to GD and expecting everyone to treat you the same because IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, no-one gives a shit about a vain dutch geek who spends all of his waking hours feeling his biceps and posting pictures of himself on the internet.

'GD regulars' can tell you quite clearly how me being a mod makes absolutely no difference. I have no power here, it'd be stupid of me to pretend otherwise. GD remains what it always has been - one of the best forums of its type because no-one takes themselves too seriously. Perhaps you should post a thread asking for some tips since you clearly need some help on that front.

You come here and tell us to "get a ****ing life". But you're the one who came back here. Where's yours gone?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 02:04   #27
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Right, so do people wear them while showering or take them off and put them back on again?
They leave them on - to remove them they usually need to cut them off or let them fall apart over time.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 08:48   #28
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

wow.

you really care about the quality of the internet furball

also

Quote:
GD remains what it always has been - one of the best forums of its type because no-one takes themselves too seriously.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 08:54   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
You haven't been an active poster on GD since 2005. You come along about once a month, post a bit, get bored and then **** off again. How about you ask yourself - why is it you keep coming back to somewhere where people so evidently dislike you?

God SilverSmoke, we're all sitting in #forums and laughing at you coming along and making an ass of yourself. You're a joke. You might have been 'cool' back in the way (doubt it) but times have changed, the internet's moved on. Don't keep coming back to GD and expecting everyone to treat you the same because IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, no-one gives a shit about a vain dutch geek who spends all of his waking hours feeling his biceps and posting pictures of himself on the internet.

'GD regulars' can tell you quite clearly how me being a mod makes absolutely no difference. I have no power here, it'd be stupid of me to pretend otherwise. GD remains what it always has been - one of the best forums of its type because no-one takes themselves too seriously. Perhaps you should post a thread asking for some tips since you clearly need some help on that front.

You come here and tell us to "get a ****ing life". But you're the one who came back here. Where's yours gone?

Eh sorry did you attack me with a wall of text?

You can use thousands of words saying that you hide between the term GD, but I was speaking to you. Your posting reeks of desperation. First you try to impress me by speaking for GD then you throw stuff out of your arse. GD did move on indeed, and you are so 2002 still. I know you can't do anything with your modship, you also seem to know that. Then stop posting about it every time, it doesnt make you look harder or anything.

Now stop posting, stop thinking for me or GD. You are trying too hard.

ps;
As far know I have never been more cooler 'back in the days'. However, back in the days people used to get laughed at that when they wave with the 'lol we are laughing at you on irc' card. Stop throwing the we stuff at people, don't be a little cowardish asscretin and stop hiding behind a group. It's just the internet, your life will not be affected by your so loved GD. Also, I can only lol back to people that think it's an insult to get laughed over by a bunch of guys hanging on an irc network like if it's their most important socializing spot because let's be honest, last time I've been there, for most of these people it is.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 4 Jun 2007 at 09:14.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 09:34   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm probably the only person in this thread who thinks that Furball has managed to make himself look like a total jackass. Get bent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode
For the couple of weeks I had mine on after Leeds I showered with it, they're generally 'crimped' such that you can't make them tighter or looser without cutting them. However, once you get water under there the things have a habit of just undoing anyway.

I used to shower with a watch on until my arm turned green =(
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 09:42   #31
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I'm probably the only person in this thread who thinks that Furball has managed to make himself look like a total jackass. Get bent.
Yes. Equally though, SS has come into the discussion while completely failing to understand any part of the discussion and got angry with people who do, so Muscles does take some share of the blame for the arsehole jamboree the thread has spiralled into

Quote:
For the couple of weeks I had mine on after Leeds
the voice of reason.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 09:45   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

someone wheel out the dramallama for this thread before its too late guys.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 09:54   #33
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by This thread
Festival wrist bands

[...]

Nobody likes you, get off my forum.
Why bother coming up with thread topics?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 09:57   #34
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
No it's not, it's like going to Leeds and buying a Leeds t-shirt with the line-up on the back, or doing the same with any gig/band/event. Except it's free!
Except the T-shirt serves a purpose aside from showing off.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 10:00   #35
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang

Why are you and a lot of other people hating against the idea of showing off with a t-shirt? (assuming that you mean shirts with bandnames and such)

Do they intimidate you?

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 4 Jun 2007 at 10:19.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 10:26   #36
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Actually when it comes to being a dick, wearing a band t-shirt in everyday life is roughly on the same level as wearing a football top.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 10:33   #37
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Actually when it comes to being a dick, wearing a band t-shirt in everyday life is roughly on the same level as wearing a football top.
which I don't see as an issue either. Showing support for something you strongly advocate - whether it's Cancer Research, Bloc Party, Dunfermline, Glastonbury, whatever - is a fairly accepted part of human behaviour and doing it by way of a shirt which a) gives money to said cause b)keeps you sheltered from cold and wind doesn't seem a bad way to do it.

At least, that's why I wear band tees/hibs tops. People who's rationalisations go along the lines of 'I wear this Joy Division T-shirt because i like that love has torn us away song and I hear they are popular' obviously win less approval.

Is this a circuitous and flawed argument? Possibly. Oh well.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 10:47   #38
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wore my Reading band for many months. Partly because I like to have it as a reminder of a great weekend and partly because I didn't want to cut it to get it off.

I eventually did though and pinned it on my notice board.

I'll pobably do the same thing this year.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 12:17   #39
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I love it when people other than me show off their internet rage. Thanks furball and SS, you're both bastions of internet seriousness! <3

I can see why people wear bands for festivals. For anyone over the age of 20 (ie not a teenager) it's a little silly. You can't really judge someone on it though as it's really just another fashion item - albeit more expensive/harder to get hold of. Which in some ways validates it more as a fashion item than something like trainers or a t-shirt. Criticism for it should beon the same level as for any fashion item.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 12:44   #40
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd take festival wristbands off after a day.

Maybe keep it somewhere to remind me of the event but that's about it.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 12:55   #41
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I love it when people other than me show off their internet rage. Thanks furball and SS, you're both bastions of internet seriousness! <3

I can see why people wear bands for festivals. For anyone over the age of 20 (ie not a teenager) it's a little silly. You can't really judge someone on it though as it's really just another fashion item - albeit more expensive/harder to get hold of. Which in some ways validates it more as a fashion item than something like trainers or a t-shirt. Criticism for it should beon the same level as for any fashion item.
I'm sorry Tom, but I don't see how you can possibly compare a paper wristband, mass produced in order to allow you through a gate, with a 'fashion item'.
It's the equivalent of a parking ticket worn around your wrist.

The only possible reason why you would wear one of these things is to suggest to other people that "you were there", and that by implication you are somehow cooler than they are.

This is bollocks. Fashion is bollocks too, but this is worse.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 12:59   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sometimes inaction is the best course of action.

Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:01   #43
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
I'm sorry Tom, but I don't see how you can possibly compare a paper wristband, mass produced in order to allow you through a gate, with a 'fashion item'.
It's the equivalent of a parking ticket worn around your wrist.

The only possible reason why you would wear one of these things is to suggest to other people that "you were there", and that by implication you are somehow cooler than they are.

This is bollocks. Fashion is bollocks too, but this is worse.
Bear in mind that i hate it and think its stupid, but its still significantly more meaningful than getting a tattoo. Wearing an armband that you cant put back on once its off that reminds you of probably the best 2 days in your year vs ink in your skin because you're an asshole

Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:27   #44
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Without getting caught up in technicalities, they aren't always paper. I think the bigger festivals have rubber ones (similar to the LIVESTRONG craze a while back - and if you remember, that was a fashion phenomenon for 6 months or so. It was in the UK anyway).

Bracelets/sweatbands are mass produced and people wear those. What's the difference, except that festival ones are in short supply and "represent" something*?

*I'm not defending them, I think they're ridiculous. But they really are just another fashion item.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:29   #45
Tomkat

PS I'm going to keep my Glastonbury one on up until the Summer Meet just to annoy pig there
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:38   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Wearing an armband that you cant put back on once its off that reminds you of probably the best 2 days in your year
What, because otherwise you're just going to forget the whole thing and never think about it again?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:21   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This sort of thing (whether it's wearing a wrist-band, or wearing a band/cult t-shirt / lapel badge) seems to be an easy way of advertising your interests to the world. It doesn't cost much (if anything) and is going to have a generally positive impact on social interaction. Especially if it's something like a festival wristband, it's not like people are going to come up to you in a pub and threaten to bottle you because you went to Reading instead of Leeds.

On the other hand, it does make social interaction slightly easier (if only for other people). Some people have some difficulty walking up to a stranger and saying "Hi, my name is..." completely out of the blue, whereas it's much easier to make a comment about a band the person is saying they like (or whatnot). 've lost count of the conversations that people have started with me because I was wearing a slightly obscure geek reference t-shirt, or some band. While some of the conversations I've had were not necessarily the greatest of my life, I'd have to say overall they've been positive. In another instance, I left my wallet on the bus and someone handed it in. I speculate that the person who handed it in was more likely to hand it in because he and I were both wearing punk t-shirts (you may dismiss this as absurd of course).

Given the general level of alienation/atomisation in this world any low-cost measure which can make communication between like-minded people easier is appreciated. (Among those of us who haven't made the strides towards constantly socially-comfortable Ubermensch that is).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:30   #48
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
So it has been almost ten months and people still have them on.

Why?

I really don't get it.

Because they're faggots.

I'm now going to read this thread and see if anyone pre-empted my comment.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:32   #49
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
I've been wearing my wristband for about 10 months now. I'd feel naked without it now.

I started wearing it because I back when I was fat I never had any trouble taking them off, and this one I couldn't... so kinda turned it a badge of honour

Oh, and it's from some random concert (johnossi!), but I do get a lot of flak from semi-random people who think I'm showing off though.. they usually do apologize when I say from where and why.

You're a faggot.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:38   #50
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I'm pretty sure there is a correlation between the persons caring about other persons wearing wristbands and bandname t-shirts and such and their succes in life be it in their work environment relationshipwise or in their overal feeling of being happy maybe they need to get the message louding like focussing your energy on more important matters because guess who are the real faggots I could be wrong though I could (hello misserable ****s, you know it's about you).