User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 May 2007, 18:44   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
24 *spoilers*

this thread is about series 6 of 24. If you have not watched it (and are planning to) I suggest you avoid this thread.

I was going to make a thread yesterday about how annoying this new series has been. It's not just the insane things they cando with technology (except when the absolutly need it!), nor is it the bad acting by the new commander in the field of ctu.

I can live with all of the plot-holes and the insane number of things that happen in a day (which don't see quite so far fetched over 6 months), what really bugs me is that right at the very beginning of the show (after the 2:30 minute catch-up, that is) is vhat it doesn't carry on exactly from the last episode. Now, it may only move a couple of minutes in time but it really breaks the illusion when something happened in the countdown that couldn't possiby have occured in the last 5 seconds of the hours.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. So far, Jack has fully recovered from 2 years of torture enough to kill a bunch of people, prevent 4 nuclear bombs going off, killing his good friend, nearly making all of Russias defences useless and giving it to China and starting possibly WW3. Oh yes, he also tortured his brother and will probably end up killing his father.

What else can be done short of setting the next series in a post-apolcalyptic war-zone (ala Mad Max) or having Jack Bauer single-handedly fight off some kind of alien invasion?

Basically, all this boils down to is I think the series has run its course and there is absolutly no need for another 2 series and possibly a movie (which ha to essentialy destroy the whole premise of the show).

the only good thing is that it can reach the insane levels of being milked that we have seen with the Simpsons (400 episodes and not quite desperate to have some kind of incest story, maybe episode 4000).

Can I get an Amen!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2007, 19:41   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: 24 *spoilers*

Season 1 was good because it was novel and it brought something new to our TV screens.

Season 2 was shit because it was basically a rehash of season 1 without even having the decency to try and bring us an improved storyline.

Every season since has had the same problem as season 2.
Unread 16 May 2007, 19:53   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This season of 24 is really, really bad. It's very much notable because last season was absolutely fantastic, possibly being in part due to the excellent acting of the actors that portrayed Charles and Martha Logan.

However, this season seems nothing but a rehash of previously used plotlines, many of which are completely uninteresting; no one cares about whether Nadia likes Doyle or Milo, who cares if Morris is a raging alcoholic, we really don't want to see Chloe going through relationship trouble on the workfloor, and spending like two episodes on the vice-president attempting to depose the president and subsequently failing, only for the president to be incapacitated right after anyway is just horrible.

There is just so much going on this season that is completely implausible, ludicrous and most importantly, pointless that they are really going to have to do something to make the next season watchable again. Hell, it isn't even the terrorist stuff going on that makes this season bad - just the pointless drama going on besides Jack hunting down and murdering terrorists in a variety of hilarious ways.

Worst part is, they started off on a really interesting premise this season - the USA had been hit with a series of smaller terrorist attacks that caused fear and panic. The ideal setting for Jack to go into town and deal face to face with suicide terrorists (like on that subway very early in the season), but they quickly abandoned it all in favour of "hey, a main villain, and he has nukes". Not to mention the whole thing where Jack finally decided that he'd had enough and broke down crying, only to slip back into character three seconds later.

I think there is still the possibility for a few good seasons, but they really need to take longer to decide where they are going with the show, and not write the episodes on an episode-by-episode basis as they seem to have been doing. Additionally, introduce some drama-free and competent CTU personnel, stop killing off main characters for a change, and don't try to go for way bigger and better terrorist plots.

Oh yeah, I don't really mind there being a few minutes in between episodes off the air, as it were, I can't really recall that ever being an issue I really noticed.
Unread 16 May 2007, 21:52   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think you can really judge this series against other series just yet Leshy, seeing as we're only halfway through.
Unread 16 May 2007, 22:02   #5
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

they've aired 22 episodes in America.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 16 May 2007, 22:06   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I have to agree with Leshy, season 5 was actually quite good and caught my interest in 24 again. However this latest season has kind of felt very repeatative and tbh, i think its time 24 stops now.
Unread 17 May 2007, 00:07   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It has its ups and downs and every series/episode outside of season 1 has had this problem.

As has been said, Season 1 had the novelty yadda yadda.

But seasons 2+3 were still good (and indeed, often even better) because the threat level was raised to such a level that you were genuinely almost shocked and excited watching it (a very rare thing for TV these days - we are so emotionally dead and overexposed to all sorts of tragedy, explosion, mass destruction etc that none of it really registers)

But the bits with the nuclear bomb, and the dying george mason were good. Similarly when Jack had to kill... whats his face, the smarmy division guy that no one liked, by shooting him, that was really ****ing tense as well.

But yes, S6 has been really shit. Leshy was right that they started with an interesting premise, and many of the other things that have been shit about it have been mentioned in this thread. To add a few more though;

I spent an entire hour trying to remember whether Jack's dad was this season, or the previous season, simply because of the sheer amount of stuff that has happened on day 6.

The 'ITS YOUR FATHER!!!!!!' plot device is shit in any show. Yes you, 24, heroes etc etc etc.

Is it confirmed for S7 + S8? Because surely just S7 would make sense (24/7)

Theres no understating the fact we actually saw jacks worn down beat up body in S6 E1 and now hes been up fighting terrorism for 22 straight hours.

Nobody likes audrey, shes a shit actress and a crap character.

Also my final point.

A twist is not the only plot device

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 07:51   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I was just thinking, omg, they're gonna let him jump, and then expect a superb explanation for why he's coming back for season 7. :-s
Unread 24 May 2007, 09:49   #9
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
24 could so easily be better if it broke out of the White House/ CTU nonsense.
Yeah, I found myself turning off (mentally) in a lot of the series when they were following the "White House story" as it was generally a load of bureaucratical nonsense and red-tape with people bitching at each other.

Some of this series has been excellent, but I think the sad truth is that there are only so many exciting/interesting plotlines, and 24 has exhausted most of them.
Unread 24 May 2007, 10:35   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I've watched every season of 24 so far and it has been going downward since the third season I think. I didn't expect much from this season, so I'm not too disappointed. This season did promise well in the beginning when the nuke went off, but all the crap twists ruined it a little.

I wish they would just drop all the drama. Leave the damn family intrigues out of it and give me some more action. I want explosions, massive shooting and lots of blood, not that stupid Chloe-girl whining to her boyfriend Morris! If I wanted to watch such things, I'd watch Glamour or whatever the soap operas are called today.
Unread 24 May 2007, 10:42   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I was just thinking, omg, they're gonna let him jump, and then expect a superb explanation for why he's coming back for season 7. :-s
Nope! It'll be just the same as season 4 - find him living somewhere in California and recruited back into action with a full pardon whatever.
Unread 24 May 2007, 14:28   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Isnt it funny how some series' that do well struggle to get renewed for 1 more season, and 24 has been renewed for TWO more already, despite what a failure S6 was?

The only upside is if you read some of the writers and creators comments, they know they ****ed up with S6. Its not just us thinking this and everyone else turning a blind eye

Unread 24 May 2007, 15:34   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I've watched every season of 24 so far and it has been going downward since the third season I think.
Nah, Season 5 was pretty excellent and one of the better ones overall.

It had a great plotline throughout the season, a very good villain, some actual surprising plot twists and it basically kept you wondering what would happen. This season seemed to just be written as they went along without any forethought as to where they wanted to go.

And I believe that 24 got renewed for multiple seasons prior to S6, so yeah.
Unread 24 May 2007, 15:37   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I can't remember what happened in the fifth season actually. What was it?
Unread 24 May 2007, 16:08   #15
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I can't remember what happened in the fifth season actually. What was it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_%28season_5%29

It was the best series yet.

My personal rankings - Season 5, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 6, Season 1.
Unread 24 May 2007, 18:03   #16
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Isnt it funny how some series' that do well struggle to get renewed for 1 more season, and 24 has been renewed for TWO more already, despite what a failure S6 was?

The only upside is if you read some of the writers and creators comments, they know they ****ed up with S6. Its not just us thinking this and everyone else turning a blind eye
I don't know how you define a failure but if the show gets ratings then it is going to get renewed.* 24 has made a lot of money and has been very sucessful, as a result it will get ground into the dirt, being drained of every last profitable hour until it's Jack Bauer waits for a phone call off his daughter. Will it come in the next 24? You'll have to watch him sit about all day watching tv all day (without ever eating or taking a piss) waiting to see if she calls.**

It's like the Simpsons, only not quite so patetic. the film should have been released at least a decade ago, if not more.

*I've no idea how well it did in that respect
**if she doesn't, wel hel! that's another day worth of excitment already!
Unread 24 May 2007, 18:58   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
ah - now I remember. Of course, that season was great. I think season 1 deserves better on your ranking though.
Unread 24 May 2007, 19:37   #18
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I think its been getting worse and worse, but it was still watchable untill this season. This season has been a series of neverending predictable and uninspired plots with a extrememly annoying vice preseident Noah something as a icing on the cake(****s sake hes almost as annoying as that ****ing Charles Logan guy)..
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:01   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
(****s sake hes almost as annoying as that ****ing Charles Logan guy)..
Logan is probably the best character 24's had.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:03   #20
Tomkat

I really didn't like series 5 at all, actually.

My favourite was the one with the Mexicans, where Michelle was trapped in the hotel with the biological weapon. I can't remember which series it was though
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:26   #21
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I really didn't like series 5 at all, actually.

My favourite was the one with the Mexicans, where Michelle was trapped in the hotel with the biological weapon. I can't remember which series it was though
Season 3, and it was kick-ass. Season 2 was ever so slightly more amazing though.

Quote:
ah - now I remember. Of course, that season was great. I think season 1 deserves better on your ranking though.
Kim Bauer is ****ing annoying in that series.
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:33   #22
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

HOw people can like Charles Logan is beyond me, he is so amazingly annoying. Sure hes a interesting character, but hes so 'weird'.
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:48   #23
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Kim Bauer is ****ing annoying in that series.

Jack Bauer will kill you (unless I reach you first)! I see your point though. My dad described Elisha Cuthbert's role perfectly when he said "That show with the girl running around in the forest all the time with bad guys chasing her".

I still enjoyed her presence though, but I think we both know that had nothing to do with her skills in acting
Unread 24 May 2007, 21:41   #24
Tomkat

Season 1 was brilliant as a new idea that was brought to television. Noone saw Nina being a baddy and it was executed wonderfully, especially with it not ending on a positive note as everyone expected.

Against the other series, sure, it's not as great, but for people who are watching 24 for the first time it's really good. In the future series everyone just knows Jack Bauer and knows he's the goody and knows he's a superhuman. In the first one he was a new hero and could be ****ed with. Now he's just too hard and you know he'll never die or anything
Unread 24 May 2007, 22:03   #25
furball

Season 1 is great in what it represented, but in hindsight 24 has just moved on and improved hugely. That's not to say it's rubbish - it's not - but the quality of Seasons 2-5 is just at another level, with Season 6 not being far behind.
Unread 25 May 2007, 00:01   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

The #1 thing i dislike about 24 is when it goes round in circles without actually getting anywhere.

Season 5 did that a lot.

I love you martha
i love you charles
wait hold on i need to ruin some shit
WHAT HOW DARE YOU IM NOT CRAZY
i know you're not crazy
yeah
ok gotta go kill some babies
WHAT HOW COULD YOU CHARLES, CHARLES?
MARTHA!
After everything!""!"""

etc, etc etc. round and round and round and round and round

Unread 25 May 2007, 00:06   #27
furball

Quote:
The #1 thing i dislike about 24 is when it goes round in circles without actually getting anywhere.

Season 5 did that a lot.

I love you martha
i love you charles
Yes, but the ending made up for it (Martha getting Charles to admit everything in that warehouse). Instant redemption.
Unread 25 May 2007, 00:26   #28
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Season 1 is great in what it represented, but in hindsight 24 has just moved on and improved hugely. That's not to say it's rubbish - it's not - but the quality of Seasons 2-5 is just at another level, with Season 6 not being far behind.
Whaaat, are you actually saying i should watch season 2-4?

Dear god.
Unread 25 May 2007, 00:35   #29
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Whaaat, are you actually saying i should watch season 2-4?

Dear god.
i am now pushing your internet forum ejection seat button.

and you're gone

Unread 25 May 2007, 00:37   #30
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
and you're gone
Guess i got nothing better to do than to watch 24 now then
Unread 25 May 2007, 01:33   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
HOw people can like Charles Logan is beyond me, he is so amazingly annoying.
That's why he's so good. Most villains are just plain "America are infidels that must pay by me detonating this bomb" characters; Charles Logan is actually manipulative, sucky and a huge pussy. He's the guy you actually really grow to hate, and that is a pretty good achievement for both the actor and the writers.

And again a reason why S6 sucked so bad - bringing back Charles, Martha and Aaron served exactly no purpose whatsoever.
Unread 25 May 2007, 11:54   #32
Nadar
I see you!

Agree with Leshy.