User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 May 2007, 23:45   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Football] Summer Signings

Well summer is upon and and the transfer window shall once agained be opened to allow the light that comes with an influx of players. I thought it would be useful to have a thread where we can discuss the major signings (or the signings for your club) and give our opinion on them. Conversely, we can ask questions if a player comes from an are footbal we are not familiar with (say a player from Holland).

Seeing as I've made this thread I shall go first. Chelsea have made their first signing of the season and to be honest the player has come from somewhere I am not really familiar with. Outside of the top 4 in England. Steve Sidwell has moved from Reading (a distant 8th in the Premieship, you can she why I'm having trouble ).

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...idwell+signing

All I know of him is his name, his current (soon to be former) club, and the fact that he plays somewhere in midfield (probably midfield, knowing Chelsea) and nothing else.

I'm asking you GD to give me a run-down on Chelsea's latest signing because I have little experiance with those peasants without European football! Oh the humanity!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 23:55   #2
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Summer Signings

box to box midfielder that scores goals by arriving into the box

gets stuck in to a reasonable degree

main downside is he's ginger

watch match of the day 2 next season for more information on players
Unread 23 May 2007, 00:09   #3
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

He's a good player. Will have all the impact on Chelsea as Scott Parker did though and his career will suffer in a similar way.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2007, 00:11   #4
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Sidwell is a ex-gunner, who have made great progress in Reading. I think he was named "most valuable player" in the Championship last year, when Reading won promotion.

Looking at the statistics, he got good scores on interceptions and tackles, among the best in the premiership.

Birmingham have bought Fabrice Muamba (english u-19 midfielder) from Arsenal, while Arsenal have bought Lukas Fabianski (2nd goalie for poland after boruc) from Legia Warsawa.

Liverpool have gotten Voronin on bosman, and two south-american players in Lukas and Pato.

So far Liverpool looks like "winners" in the transfer market.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2007, 02:39   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

they came 3rd in the premiership

If they are to improve they need to buy known commodities. A proven goalscorer and two wingers, then you can get into this Lukas nonsense

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2007, 11:39   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ah yes, another central midfielder in lucas/lukas - that's exactly what liverpool needed.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2007, 12:10   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Rumours are that they are shipping out Xabi and Momo, so then it makes sense.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 23 May 2007, 12:29   #8
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Rumours are that they are shipping out Xabi and Momo, so then it makes sense.
I hope not, that seems a bit mad Especially to replace them with less proven players.
Unread 23 May 2007, 16:48   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Villa will be getting rid of a few players in the summer

Lee Hendrie
Jlloyd Samuel
Mark Delaney
Christ Sutton
Djemba Djemba
Gavin McCann
Tommy Sorrenson
Liam Ridgewell
Steven Davis

Bar Ridgewell and Davis, I am pretty happy with him getting rid of the flak and quite frankly quite a few players who are championship level. Ridgewell and Davis for me are quite young and I have seen them play well. I would like to see them push for another season at Villa.

Players we will be bringing in...

A Goalkeeper, either Boruc or Gordon. I would personally want Craig Gordon.

Right Back, either Richards, Luke Young or Paul McShane. Yes I know Villa fans dreaming about getting Micah Richards. Sure it's a dream, but we can afford him now. You never know. I reckon we will end up with Paul McShane from the baggies if they don't go up. I believe the lad is absolutely quality as a right back.

Linking to the baggies if they don't go up I can see us going in for the outstanding championship player Curtis Davies and a good squad player in Kamara.

We need a midfielder. A decent quality central midfielder. We need it bad. Rumours are flying around that Wesley Snejider from Ajax could be joining us, that would be amazing. Failing that I am not to sure who we could get.

Striker is the most exciting atm. We have been linked with bent, defoe, bellamy, kone, keane, naismith, king.

I believe Bent is off to Spurs, and Defoe is coming to Villa.

You must remember Villa have money now. We can compete and I hope we do compete.
Unread 23 May 2007, 17:48   #10
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

I can't see Villa signing Sneijder, haven't both Barcelona and Arsenal been linked with him? The rest of your targets seem fairly realistic though. I reckon you might buy Bardsley as your right back.

For United, assuming we do finally sign Hargreaves, the only position I'm desperate for us to strengthen is the left wing. I hope it will be either Nani or Ribery. We'll only buy a striker if Ferguson has lost patience with Saha's infernal fitness problems, the rest of the squad is fine and Pique and Rossi should both challenge for places next season replacing Silvestre and Solskjaer respectively.
Unread 23 May 2007, 17:55   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
I can't see Villa signing Sneijder, haven't both Barcelona and Arsenal been linked with him? The rest of your targets seem fairly realistic though. I reckon you might buy Bardsley as your right back.
We won't get Bardsley he is nothing special, just a stop gap for us.

I would love to get Sneijder, you never know, if we have the right money etc.
Unread 23 May 2007, 18:02   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Why would big names like Micah Richards, Sneijder or Ribery go to Villa? After all those names would probably get offers from far larger clubs in the premiership or abroad.
Unread 23 May 2007, 18:04   #13
pig
1up on you

Money, money, money and the chance to work under O'Neill and also one of the best training grounds in Europe.
Unread 23 May 2007, 18:14   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Micah Richards will come to Arsenal. Money, chance to work under Wenger, best training ground in Europe. He's also an Arsenal fan, although these days I'm never sure whether or not that actually helps :crymeariver:
Unread 23 May 2007, 18:14   #15
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
best training ground in Europe. :
I think you will find Villas is better than Arsenals now (ours was completed less than a month ago...)
Unread 23 May 2007, 18:34   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

I really don't know why we need Richards.. so I hope we don't spend to much on him, if the Wenger goes for him. I rather want a wide midfielder and a more experienced defender.
Unread 23 May 2007, 18:37   #17
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I rather want a wide midfielder and a more experienced defender.
I think tha'ts what arsenal needs tbh.
Unread 23 May 2007, 18:44   #18
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Yeah if Arsenal don't sign a winger this summer then something is wrong with the world.
Unread 24 May 2007, 09:18   #19
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

So southampton have apparently agreed to sell Bale to spurs. I'm skeptical about the price tag but he's certainly made an impression this season. Will be good to see him playing in the prem.
Unread 24 May 2007, 10:41   #20
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Plus, he's Welsh!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 14:42   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the price tag hasnt been revealed has it?

It cant be the £10m offered in january - the kid only has 1 year of his contract left.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 15:47   #22
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i've heard somewhere (can't remember where) it's 4m going upto 7m. he's class in fm at least..!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 16:48   #23
pig
1up on you

He is class in real life as well
Unread 24 May 2007, 17:57   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

If he signs for tottenham, he is probably going to be injured more than he plays..
Unread 24 May 2007, 19:32   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is on free transfer, pompey will prolly pick him up
Unread 24 May 2007, 19:46   #26
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
the price tag hasnt been revealed has it?

It cant be the £10m offered in january - the kid only has 1 year of his contract left.
'But the 17-year-old Welsh international is understood to have arranged a move for an initial fee of close to £6m, that could rise to £10m.' BBC Sport Wales.

I used to care about transfer prices. Today I really don't mind what a solid addition to the squad is going to cost. It's all becoming a bit meaningless (in the Premiership).
bwtmc is offline   Reply With Quote