User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 May 2007, 18:52   #1
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dancing on graves

Acceptable?

Discuss.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 18:58   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dancing on graves

In this case, absolutely. Pat Robertson, James Dobson or Fred Phelps next please.
Unread 15 May 2007, 19:21   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Focusing on the 'evilness' of fringe lunatics rather than those who hold genuine positions of power seems misguided - yeah, Falwell said some pretty bad things but in terms of his actual effect on the world hes nowhere near in the same league as someone like Bush or Blunkett. You could probably even argue that he was a force for good in that his rantings tended to delegitimise and isolate the Christian right in the eyes of most other people
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 19:26   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Where's the fun in that?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 21:29   #5
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

No point in dancing on his grave.

His soul is in hell already.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 21:30   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Damn you and your continued posting!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 15 May 2007, 22:42   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I may be underestimating his oratory, intellectual or organisational abilities but from what I can tell it's not like this guy had any particular gifts, he's just more a representative of a given constitutency (I realise it's a little more than that). So while the universal karmic calculator is showing a slightly higher score now there's no real "joy" to be had from loonies dying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
You could probably even argue that he was a force for good in that his rantings tended to delegitimise and isolate the Christian right in the eyes of most other people
Yeah. My mum has some all-encompassing hatred of Ian Paisiley to the point where she'll turn the telly off when he comes on and muses why he hasn't been killed yet, but I remember reading an IRA man saying "He's the best recruitment officer we've got".

Presumably there are some vaguely intelligent fundies out there, and then we'd all waste our energies disposing of their arguments, where as far as I can tell this gentleman simply had a lot of bile.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2007, 05:00   #8
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I take no joy in the death of any other human being. Although, I disagreed with virtually everything which he said, I did not doubt his sincerety. I have never understood the virulence of the attacks on those who disagree with us. That someone else wishes to hold a different faith than I do does not cause me concern.
Unread 16 May 2007, 05:48   #9
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
That sounds like a bit of a cop out.
Explanation required.
Unread 16 May 2007, 13:02   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Maybe dda thinks abortion is a bad thing, couse it couses less work for laywers like him?

(if you remove the possibility of abortion, there will be more unwanted children born, and they will statisicly do alot more crime than those who are wanted)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 16 May 2007, 13:15   #11
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
was this a fake post?
I wonder how much of the Religious Right would be swayed if you told them that abortion was nothing more than a pre-empitive strike on crime.
Unread 16 May 2007, 13:16   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
was this a fake post?

it was either fake or shit, you know, one of the two
Unread 16 May 2007, 13:20   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

dda is a laywer.

The end of legal abortion in the US > more crime
more crime > more work for lawyers
more work for lawyers > higher pay untill market reaches equilibrium (or however its spelled) becouse of more lawyers educated

if we then use the theory that every individual is profit-maximising in a rational way, then it's a natural question.
Unread 16 May 2007, 13:35   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Im aware that the theory is shit. That wasnt the point, as stop beeing so overly serious
Unread 16 May 2007, 14:17   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I take no joy in the death of any other human being. Although, I disagreed with virtually everything which he said, I did not doubt his sincerety. I have never understood the virulence of the attacks on those who disagree with us. That someone else wishes to hold a different faith than I do does not cause me concern.
It's okay to disagree with people when they try and restrict the freedoms of others.
Unread 16 May 2007, 14:34   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
It's okay to disagree with people when they try and restrict the freedoms of others.
Yes, whilst tolerance in this day and age is encouraged (partly due to the diversity of cultures and the 'distances' between them shortening - better infrastructure, internet, etc), if those people you're tolerating don't seem tolerant of you, it doesn't really work.

I have to admit that America seems to get more bad press than good, and even leaving things like the "hidden" poverty issues aside, there's other things that I've never found attractive. Religions seem to be much more important for many people in America, and some of them seem to reject thinking for faith. I admit that I partly admire the fact they have such faith and trust, but it's unnerving as they seem to lose their ability to question anything they're told, merely acting as "repeaters" for some of what they're told.

We have those in the UK - "born again" Christians - who are equally critical. A group of them were very disapproving and critical of my ex and myself for having sex before marriage, but happyily had oral sex with their partners.

I'll happily admit that everyone has their own right to their own views and opinions, but there's a limit to how tolerant I'd be if they start using those to criticise me just because I don't have their faith.

I'm sure that we're being shown the more 'extreme' cases, but it's still unnerving.
Unread 16 May 2007, 14:42   #17
All Systems Go

What a cock

Hopefully we can on his as well.
Unread 16 May 2007, 16:38   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I have to admit that America seems to get more bad press than good, and even leaving things like the "hidden" poverty issues aside, there's other things that I've never found attractive. Religions seem to be much more important for many people in America, and some of them seem to reject thinking for faith.
While it may be true that Americans are on average 'more Christian' than British people, it should also be pointed out that a) they dont have government-funded religious indoctrination programs (eg catholic schools), b) they dont have an official state religion, and c) their constitution makes explicit a seperation between government and religion which is non-existent in UK law. and d) large parts of their country havent spent most of the last few centuries engaged in petty sectarian bickering with related terrorist activities. Its swings and roundabouts really.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2007, 16:55   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
What a cock

Hopefully we can on his as well.
what?
Unread 16 May 2007, 17:03   #20
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
what?
Oh, I just saw his smug face and wanted him to die. It wasn't really worth making another thread when there was already one about a mentalist.
Unread 16 May 2007, 17:46   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Oh, I just saw his smug face and wanted him to die. It wasn't really worth making another thread when there was already one about a mentalist.
and what has Salmond done to raise your ire so?
Unread 16 May 2007, 17:50   #22
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
While it may be true that Americans are on average 'more Christian' than British people, it should also be pointed out that a) they dont have government-funded religious indoctrination programs (eg catholic schools), b) they dont have an official state religion, and c) their constitution makes explicit a seperation between government and religion which is non-existent in UK law. and d) large parts of their country havent spent most of the last few centuries engaged in petty sectarian bickering with related terrorist activities. Its swings and roundabouts really.
a) I went to a Kings School. It's 1400 years old and linked to a Cathedral, and for 3 years I had a Cathedral service every Tuesday. In year 6 I studied Classics and Divinity, and it was compulsory to take Divinity (religion) at GCSE. Luckily I got out when I was 11, but I know people who carried on and to be honest I doubt 1 people in 10 give a toss about religion that come out of there (though most would say they're Christian).

b) + c), it's a de jure vs de facto difference perhaps.

d) I guess Northern Ireland has affected us, yes.

(I have to say that I have no cited evidence that people are more religious etc in the USA than in the UK, btw).
Unread 16 May 2007, 17:52   #23
All Systems Go

I hate his beliefs, his party, his attitude and personlity. I hate his smug face.

I hate everything about him and the fact that his party has made significant gains and he is First Minister of Scotland really pisses me off.
Unread 17 May 2007, 00:10   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

as a welshman living in england that must be really tough for you to have to deal with on a dailly basis

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2007, 00:26   #25
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
as a welshman living in england that must be really tough for you to have to deal with on a dailly basis
I actually live in Wales but yes, the SNP do seem to get an inexplicable amount of coverage.
Unread 17 May 2007, 00:27   #26
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
I actually live in Wales but yes, the SNP do seem to get an inexplicable amount of coverage.
dont be shit.
Unread 17 May 2007, 00:44   #27
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
dont be shit.
I'm not being shit, but they are everywhere.
Unread 17 May 2007, 00:45   #28
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
a) I went to a Kings School.
You lucky git, some of the posh totty that goes there....

Kings School always seemed to me as a proper public school.
Unread 17 May 2007, 01:09   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
While it may be true that Americans are on average 'more Christian' than British people, it should also be pointed out that[...]. Its swings and roundabouts really.
As someone who had to say the Lord's prayer a zillion times, I'd prefer the British situation to be honest. (And Northern Ireland is more an ethno-national than anything else - it'd be very odd to describe the (Provos) IRA as "Catholic fundamentalists" for instance - they weren't fighting over even vaguely religious issues, and if you add in the INLA and "Official" IRA, half of them were (not very good) leftists anyway).

Although it occurred to me recently that Britain's secular status is probably maintained by a slightly more successful version of the "liberal elite" that US-fundies rant against. I would imagine that British people are on average slightly more religious than an outsider might assume viewing our media, etc.

Obviously I've very little evidence to back this up, but I suspect in the average meeting of senior civil servants / senior managers in private company or board meeting, etc, etc - if anyone was enthusiastically and openly religious it would be mest with embarrassment if nothing else. Maybe the same thing is true on Wall Street too (not sure) but America's sheer size means that things like "talk radio" become very important. As I've said before though, if the only cultural products you got from America were its sit-coms and movies (or most of it's music), you'd be forgiving for thinking religion is reasonably rare.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2007, 01:23   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

Posting in a thread where the word "totty" was used non-ironically.
Unread 17 May 2007, 01:37   #31
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The fact that they now control the devolved government for over 5 million UK citizens is completely irrelevant, I suppose?
Unread 17 May 2007, 02:03   #32
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if by control you mean are nominally in power in a position where the opposition parties could manouver a vote of no confidence and bring down the SNP at any time

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2007, 07:56   #33
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

The Rochester one, it was like the "almost as good" one as the Canterbury one. They only started admitting girls when I was half way through my time there. I think there were about 4 girls (out of the 40 odd in my year) when I left.
Unread 17 May 2007, 08:21   #34
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Why bother sending girls to school?
Not like they need that much education if they end up doing what they are supposed to.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 01:30   #35
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The Rochester one, it was like the "almost as good" one as the Canterbury one. They only started admitting girls when I was half way through my time there. I think there were about 4 girls (out of the 40 odd in my year) when I left.
Oh kings canterbury was immense, way too much posh totty for all those young teenages, ro svobiously me and me firends ahad to hepl out!
Unread 18 May 2007, 12:20   #36
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

For a certain person who left a negative thingy on my forumaccount:
Survial of the fittest means that the most adapable will survive, not the strongest, though im sure me and JBG could kick your arse with both hand and feet tied behind our backs.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 12:26   #37
All Systems Go

Someone who doesn't understand evolution? I think it's time to burn some Christians!

Yee ha!
Unread 18 May 2007, 16:18   #38
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Someone who doesn't understand evolution? I think it's time to burn some Christians!

Yee ha!
Only those who support the ironically named "intelligent design"