User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 May 2007, 16:07   #1
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Radio Contest (vote for me pls!)

I've never entered these radio contests before because I always thought it was a bit of a fix, but three days ago my girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to nominate me for a spray tan in the hopes of winning VIP tickets to a Justin Timberlake concert. (This was on ROCK FM, which is a regional radio for the North-west of england)

At random, my name was pulled from a hat, and I was then put live onto the radio show and had a small chat with them Weds and Thursday to arrange everything.

I went down to the radio station today at 7am and met the crew, they were all really friendly, none of them had a face for radio (i.e. they were all good looking enough, no gay references pls) and we all acted a bit silly, which was great and added to the fun atmosphere.

They then revealed that they wanted to spray us live on air, whilst videoing it... putting us in little black thongs made of paper. I was suddenly uninterested, although I admitedly tried one on (in private) just to see how inappropriate it was... "very" was the answer... so we all got out of wearing them in the end which was a close shave.

Standing in our boxers in the recording studio they then brought in a portable tanning tent and two beauty therapists, and my being the bravest of the bunch, I stepped up to go first. I have to admit that I almost regretted it as they have done jokes in the past and almost expected to be sprayed blue like a smurf, or be given a nice chavvy orange colour - but actually it looks really professional and is a really natural bronze-esque colour. Everyone at my office has been saying how it looks real, which is great (and hey, it's gotten me a couple votes so far!)

I was well chuffed when the female radio presenter (Gemma, who is pretty fit) said I had a great ass and really soft skin (got a bit of a grope). I would have gone bright red there and then, but obviously the girlfriend was in the room so I tried my best to ignore it.

So the next step is voting - the guy who has the most votes wins the tickets for his girlfriend - my girl really wants it so I thought before I go home and start calling and emailing people, asking for votes whilst completely embarrasing myself by giving people access to my video... well... I hoped that the GD community might give me a couple votes (please?).

http://www.rockfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=401867
vote Dan (me)

so... that's the link - I'd appreciate it if you only voted once on your computer - I don't want to cheat with proxies and clearing the cache and all that stuff - if you have the time and wanna help me out, please give me (Dan) your support.

More of an announcement than a GD post... so I best spruce it up a bit... has anyone ever entered something like this before and won?

Seems for now I've won a free and pretty decent spray tan, a mug (wahey) one of those infamous "I'm not a plastic bag" type bags, and a key chain (lol)...

Anyways....
your support would be great - thanks a lot guys/girls.
- Dan (tux)

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]

Last edited by -Blue Moon-; 4 May 2007 at 16:34.
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 16:54   #2
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Radio Contest (vote for me pls!)

i'll vote for you if you promise to stop abusing children

edit: more importantly why do you want justin timberlake tickets?

edit again: oh blackpool
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 17:20   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i stopped reading your thread out of primal disgust

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 17:41   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

I thought you said you got out of wearing the little black thong? eugh.

I voted for you anyway
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 18:23   #5
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Hey, Gemma helped roll up my boxers, and I agree Ew. You didn't have to watch it though ;-P
Thanks for the support guys, a couple votes here or there will make a big difference in a smaller-scale competition like this :-)

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
Unread 4 May 2007, 18:36   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I voted but I can assure you I didn't not watch any of the videos.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 22:20   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I voted but I can assure you I didn't watch any of the videos.

Last edited by midge5; 4 May 2007 at 22:42.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 22:34   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wish you hadn't quoted me. I've just spotted the double negative.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 4 May 2007, 22:37   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I'll vote for you because you're going through all that just to get your girlfriend a ticket

Edit: Nice ass* and it seems you're in the lead.

*I thought I was voting by clicking your picture, but then a video popped up and I ..... err... watched it.

Last edited by Nadar; 4 May 2007 at 22:55.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 23:10   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

voted for you dude, always good to help someone, **** it, even if you are lying, still good for a laugh
Unread 4 May 2007, 23:26   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

the page doesnt load here dan.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 01:41   #12
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

oh man you're so orange it makes me laugh
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 09:42   #13
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

6 votes behind
Unread 5 May 2007, 13:39   #14
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

haha thanks guys, the voting keeps going till Monday so thanks for all the support... its no lie, hell i'd pick a better lie than to say justin timberlake tickets, or that *that guy* (i.e. me) is... me... if that makes sense.... still - it's all fun and it will make my girlfriend super happy if i do win for her...
i think we're about 20 votes in the lead at the moment \o/ thanks to all that voted!

Unread 6 May 2007, 06:18   #15
dda-II

dda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud of

I voted for you and even got my wife to vote for you. You have a substantial lead at this point. Let us know the results.
dda-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 09:04   #16
All Systems Go

Due to all of our help ou should donate the second ticket to GD. We could then have some sort of raffle to work out who gets to see jt with your gf.
Unread 6 May 2007, 10:49   #17
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Simon obviouslty has no internet friends ! (7%)
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote