User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Apr 2007, 22:20   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Where is my head?

It has already been two days and I still havn't bought the new Arctic Monkeys album. I put it down to too much Blues and my focus being on the White Stripes new album, which isn't out until June.

I'm expecting it to surpass their debut from both the current single and the reviews. tomorrow the problem shall be rectified!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 22:34   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Where is my head?

It arrived from Amazon for me today, I like it.

I also got the new Feist album, not listened to that yet though.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 22:54   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

did someone also vomit all over your doorstep then post you a bill for an extra surity on your council tax? because that would have been a more pleasant surprise, i think

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 23:08   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So what's your band of t moment, Deffeh?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 23:13   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i really dont care about almost anything out there. i guess i listened to a lot of bloc party recently but even thats died down in the last couple of weeks.

i did download 54 versions of ave maria searching for the best one though. totally worth it too

Unread 24 Apr 2007, 23:19   #6
All Systems Go

I should listen to it but I have mixed feelings.

I'm not really a fan of the first one though I do respect the art-rock format of it as being rather unique.

At the same time I'm liking the new singles as they are of a more traditional format with more coheent lyrics.

So I'm sort of torn between liking the songs and disliking the move to the more commercial sound.

But perhaps it's just all in my head.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 00:23   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

im reasonably confident positive tension is one of the top 20 tracks ive ever heard. song for clay is great on the second album and theres a few standouts, but overall im more into little bits of their album than anything else.

Loath the image though. Mainly because i hate guys wearing scarfs.

Unread 25 Apr 2007, 00:35   #8
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I liked the first arctic monkeys album more. I'm not sure what about it made it better for me, but I just like it more. That said, I really like this one.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 08:44   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
ItI'm expecting it to surpass their debut from both the current single and the reviews. tomorrow the problem shall be rectified!
I dunno man, it's going to be pretty hard to top something voted 5th best album of all time by NME.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 10:43   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I dunno man, it's going to be pretty hard to top something voted 5th best album of all time by NME.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

really?

Unread 25 Apr 2007, 10:46   #11
All Systems Go

What were the four that beat it?
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 12:28   #12
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

The Stone Roses
The Queen Is Dead
Definitely Maybe
Never Mind The Bollocks
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 14:15   #13
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I heard their new single. And it wasn't awful. Very bizarre.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 14:40   #14
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Classical music is where it's at .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 14:43   #15
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
The Stone Roses
The Queen Is Dead
Definitely Maybe
Never Mind The Bollocks
Really? No Nevermind?
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 16:12   #16
idiotwind

idiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really nice

Are you sure that wasn't just British bands?
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 17:38   #17
All Systems Go

I'll tell you what though, the song Jamie t and Lilly Allen did together is awful.

truly shocking.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 17:42   #18
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

My friend snorted coke with Lilly Allen. I don't know who Jamie T is, but come on, it's a safe bet to assume he's shit.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 17:49   #19
All Systems Go

Some (probably NME) have dubbed him as the 'English Bob Dylan'.

It is safe to say, he most certainly is not.

But he has a couple of decent tunes though I've not listened to the album yet.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 19:03   #20
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
I don't know who Jamie T is, but come on, it's a safe bet to assume he's shit.
Yeah, he's ****ing terrible. I had to play one of his songs as part of my radio show, I only did it once without having listened to it already. 'Calm down dearest' my ****ing arse.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 19:05   #21
All Systems Go

You have a radio show?
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 19:05   #22
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Quote:
Some (probably NME) have dubbed him as the 'English Bob Dylan'.
Yes, but they're NME. Q magazine is okay.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 19:12   #23
furball

Quote:
You have a radio show?
Yeah, had it for two years. Last show was 29th March, quite an emotional show since it was my last one ever. Graduating this summer so I doubt I'll ever work in radio again
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 19:18   #24
All Systems Go

What did you do (apart from play music)?

What music did ypu play?
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 19:39   #25
furball

Quote:
What did you do (apart from play music)?

What music did ypu play?
I did a half-hour interview every week of a society president - varying from the Live Music Society to the Pagan Society (bunch of nutjobs). I also interviewed the Student Union President on my penultimate show.

Aside from that it was random music-orientated chat and playing of music. Genre-wise, it was student-orientated indie/rock. The music team who devised the mainstream playlist for this year are annoying music geeks so there was a load of shit on it, so I played quite a few songs off my ipod as well.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 20:20   #26
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Answer - Half way up your arse like the rest of the morons who think the latest arctic monkey sound is the greatest thing ever.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 20:31   #27
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
My friend snorted coke with Lilly Allen. I don't know who Jamie T is, but come on, it's a safe bet to assume he's shit.
I quite liked him live. He has a few good songs but most are rather crap.
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 21:14   #28
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I did a half-hour interview every week of a society president - varying from the Live Music Society to the Pagan Society (bunch of nutjobs). I also interviewed the Student Union President on my penultimate show.

Aside from that it was random music-orientated chat and playing of music. Genre-wise, it was student-orientated indie/rock. The music team who devised the mainstream playlist for this year are annoying music geeks so there was a load of shit on it, so I played quite a few songs off my ipod as well.
as an annoying student radio music team geek, i can tell you that people who want everyone to listen to Andrew WK or whatever are enemies of civilisation.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 22:14   #29
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
I'll tell you what though, the song Jamie t and Lilly Allen did together is awful.

truly shocking.

This is pretty funny. I didnt know they did a song together, but when making fun of them i usually describe Jamie T as a male Lily Allen and Lily Allen as a female Jamie T.

I guess as well as the cream rising to the top the crap sticks to the bottom

Unread 25 Apr 2007, 22:54   #30
All Systems Go

According to Edith Bowman on Radio 1 this afternoon it was recorded before they were signed to record labels. It was supposed to be on Jamie t's album but he didn't like the drums. He fixed the drums and it is now a B-side. It is supposed to be a 'British Bonnie and Clyde'. It suceeded only by the fact it is a crime against humanity.

As for the new Arctic Monkeys album, I'm not yet convinced. I've listened to it twice and there are some good songs on there. I wasn't really in the same mood as I was last night so I wasn't really paying too much attention to it but I think it might be a grower.