User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:14   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
T in the Park 2007

So i bought my ticket the day after i came back from titp 2006, because its pretty much the furthest away get from Glasgow/Stirling all year being as i dont holiday and dont seem to get away from this country.

The problem is the line up, objectively and subjectively, is pretty shit.

From an objective point of view you cant really go from the Red hot chili peppers and the Who to the Killers and Snow Patrol and expect people to buy that shit. It doesnt matter what you think about RHCP or the Who, they are objectively bigger and better bands who draw more; and seeing them is a real spectacle - in the case of the Who, its almost a once in a lifetime experience for someone of our generation.

Subjectively; im sure theres a lot of hidden gems in the line up. But im terrible at getting into new music, especially new indie. I HATE listening to stuff i dont know when im at festivals and drunk/stoned/pilled off my face; i cant imagine anything more boring. I want to dance like an asshole and sing like the songs are written about me. So i will not be 'popping along to see if X or Y are any use', its not pokemon, this isnt a how many bands can you see contest.

At this moment in time, im only going to see Bloc Party (Friday), The Arcade Fire (Saturday) and Kings of Leon (Sunday). EDIT : Yeah who am i kidding i'm going to see James as well.

So what im asking, while i still have time left, is who should i 'get in to' ? Who is any use? Im not interested in bland indie, it needs a gimmick of some sort to even stand a chance with me so rule out anything acoustic or done before.

Bands you can **** off if you think im even going to consider going anywhere near:

Arctic Monkeys
The Coral
Lily Allen
The Killers (used to like them but their time has passed and they are shit live)
The Kooks
My Chemical Romance
Babyshambles
Jamie T
Snow Patrol (who doesnt know snow patrol. i dont hate them, but im only going along if im really bored ala travis in previous years)
Scissor Sisters
The Fratellis (scotland in overrating its bands complete non shocker)
Paulo Nutini (scotland in overrating its bands complete non shocker)
Googoo Dolls
Maximo Park
Mika
Tori Amos (banshee. dont tell the lesbian i said this though )
Ash
Director
The Twang

Rest of the Line up so far is as follows.

SATURDAY 7 JULY Line-up (Click to Expand)

Main Stage

James Morrison

Radio 1/NME Stage

CSS

King Tut's Tent

The View

Klaxons

Pet Sounds Arena

The Saw Doctors

Slam Tent

Booka Shade

AME

SUNDAY 8 JULY Line-up (Click to Expand)

Radio 1/NME Stage

Kasabian

Interpol

The Gossip

King Tut's Tent

Editors

Pet Sounds Arena

Damien Rice

Amy Winehouse

Slam Tent

Dave Clarke

Slam

Hardfloor

Digitalism

Soundstream/Soundhack

UNSPECIFIED DAY Line-up (Click to Expand)

Unspecified stage (NOT CONFIRMED EITHER)

The Blizzards

Fall Out Boy

The Immediate

Duke Special

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

The Rakes

Royseven

I realise ive ruled out most of the line up but thats because most of the line up is for fannies.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in

Last edited by Deffeh; 6 Mar 2007 at 19:29.
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:20   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: T in the Park 2007

E-bay.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:21   #3
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

CSS are pretty good.

Klaxons are quite catchy, not sure if anything other than Golden Skans is worth me getting the album though...

Interpol are brilliant,.

The Gossip are pretty good, but female singer, and difficult to defend against being a bit gimmicky.

I have a bit of a soft spot for James as well, so I'd go and see them. I'm sure you'd recognise some of their songs...
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:26   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Obviously id recognise a few of James / The Editors songs; but its more a case of whether theyre worth getting properly into so i can enjoy the whole set.

In fairness ill probably go see James, for Sit Down / Fred Estaire / Laid alone. I'll remove them from the list!

Gimmicky is good! I like gimmicks, i like something different. I dont have an issue with it being a female fronted band so long as its different; but i cant imagine anything more boring than Oasis with a female lead or something, is what im trying to say.

Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:27   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
E-bay.
Im still going; Music festivals are more about the festival than the music. 3 days of getting blitzed from the moment you wake up till the moment you overdose at night; sweaty, surrounded by beautiful women wearing **** all.

Id just like some music to break all the partying up

Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:29   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Im still going; Music festivals are more about the festival than the music. 3 days of getting blitzed from the moment you wake up till the moment you overdose at night; sweaty, surrounded by beautiful women wearing **** all.

Id just like some music to break all the partying up
Sell it and use the money towards going to another festival?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:33   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

tickets already gone; other festivals more expensive and further away; my friends are going to this one; the other major festivals have comparable line ups

Unread 6 Mar 2007, 19:37   #8
All Systems Go

Well I'm still holding out for Reading Festival to have a RHCP, White Stripes, RAtM headliner.

I know I'm dreaming, but it keeps me going.
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 21:24   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've registered for Glastonbury. I hope I get assigned a ticket (or one of the 3 people in my "team" does!). Last time I went it took me 24 hours of clicking refresh on a website which kept breaking
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 21:48   #10
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Bands you can **** off if you think im even going to consider going anywhere near:

Arctic Monkeys
The Killers (used to like them but their time has passed and they are shit live)
The Kooks
Babyshambles (have like 2 good songs)
Jamie T
The Fratellis (scotland in overrating its bands complete non shocker) I think they're amazing
Those are the ones I like from that list.

Quote:

Radio 1/NME Stage

CSS These guys are quite good, really dancy. I imagine they'd be amazing live

King Tut's Tent

The View

Klaxons
both of these bands are amazing but the frontman of The View was caught with cocaine recently so they might not be playing

Radio 1/NME Stage

Kasabian good

Interpol quite good

The Gossip downloading their album, the stuff I've heard is fairly good

Unspecified stage (NOT CONFIRMED EITHER)[/u]

Fall Out Boy Worth going to

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly I think Dace was saying that they would be huge soon

The Rakes quite good; worth seeing
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 21:48   #11
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I saw CSS play this fall in Washington. They opened for Ladytron, which turned out to be a really odd pairing...but...

It was a very entertaining show. The music was catchy and dancy and all that you'd want in a festival and the lead singer (who goes by the name Lovefoxxx :/) is pretty damn weird. A lot of jumping off stage and asking to be dry humped. A lot of spandex. A lot of poor english.

like I said, very entertaining.

edit: I saw Kasabian at the Virgin Music Festival in October. They were lousy.
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 21:58   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

klaxons - get into them properly because they are ****ing amazing live - golden skans is an okayish pop track, the rest of their set is going to be proper take-speed-and-dance-your-tits-off stuff. CSS are similar but a little bit less frantic about it. Female singer, but Brazilian and fairly hot. Gossip have a couple of very good songs, but a bit of a mixed bag generally - female singer, but 20 stone lesbian with huge vocal range negates your misogynist gimmick; current/breakthrough single is very danceable and popular in good clubs. May be surrounded by non-dancing wanker scenesters here though. the rakes are a good britpop band, don't know how you'd feel about them but i like them. See Editors instead of Interpol because at least Editors know they're good at ripping off Joy Division and stick to that, rather than doing that but also trying and failing to do something different for every third song.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 22:12   #13
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'm not the biggest interpol fan but editors over them, what?

you should probably give get cape a miss if you don't know him already, it's not the best sort of music to be ****ed on pills to; gentle pop sort etc, though he's added band members now and it's mostly tedious. either way, you'll not be too interested in them. nothing in that line-up really interests me, nor do i think they're exactly suitable for festivals but i wouldn't know. i've enjoyed css and klaxons at smallish venues but that's neither here or there, it was just the atmosphere.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 23:22   #14
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Editors over Intepol? Phang, phang, phang

Get cape... is/are boring, Kasabian weren't very good live when I saw them, and Fallout Boy are emo tripe.

I missed Rakes down at the bottom, I quite like them- can't imagine they're that good live though...
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 23:41   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the kooks are great damnit!
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 23:43   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The My Chemical Romance album was a lot better than I was expecting.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 23:58   #17
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

For some reason i though Tori Amos was dead lol
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 01:51   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

blind hope?

Ill take some of these comments on board; your joy of the klaxons is enough for me to download them phang.

Anything dancy and electronic or just _****ing different_ is good.

Unread 7 Mar 2007, 02:57   #19
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Its like a who's who of terrible NME bands.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 12:47   #20
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I have to disagree with Killers apparently being crap live; I saw them in Cardiff on Monday night and they were pretty decent live. Granted not much crowd interaction but they were pretty good
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 15:46   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

when i saw them i expected 'all these things that i have done' to be the song or the moment of the festival. they ****ed it up, and the crowd was absolutely pan-breed. Since then theyve been unbelievably overexposed and their second album is a complete joke

Unread 7 Mar 2007, 15:48   #22
All Systems Go

they, like Razorlight, want to make U2-style stadium rock.

Someone should tell them that U2 suck.
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 18:34   #23
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

if you wanted to go to a *rock* festival you should not have bought tickets for titp basically..
all it gererally has is the years popular headliners (last year it got some better bands because they didnt have a glastonbury to go to) if thats a rock then your in luck, if its not you will get all the crap that you hate.

for all you glastonbury devotee's i hear they have applied for it to be bigger this year

if you realy have money issues then just dont go to a festival every year, go to reading etc.. every two years, it'll be a hell of alot more enjoyable than going to titp because you can afford it.

i saw the googoo dolls a couple of years go, they aren't that bad live .
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 19:53   #24
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

what nod said.

oh and dace: is aileen going?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:04   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

how cant you have noticed that dace has been away for weeks and weeks?

Listened to the klaxons, seemed like fairly standard indie but music takes a while to grow on me. The best of james was alright too, not particularly grab you by the balls brilliant either though.

downloaded interpol and the gossip to listen to later on

Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:23   #26
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I can say with pride I don't like any of those bands! They're all shit deffeh! Shit with a capital you have a bad taste in music.

I went to an alternative festival last year, and it even had bands and artists that I actually liked, which is surprising. But I'm bored of festivals now. I mean - you have to spend quite a bit to travel to the festival, then there's the 100 quid or so ticket, then you just feel dirty for a good 3 days (although there was a shower at my festival), then you either spend a large part of your weekend feeling shit because of the pill you took, or deciding that not only is this festival not your thing but you also have to alter your perspective of reality to really enjoy it. And if you decide not to take pills you have to spend a good portion of your time explaining to your friend that yes you do love him and yes life is beautiful but for the love of Christ I just want to listen to this artist without you dribbling down my t-shirt you monumental cretin I thought you were bad when you were sober but now I see deep into your personality I see you're rotten to the core please get out of my way you're making me feel ill now. Or some variation of that. And it's all too loud.

I'd rather go on holiday. Or have a nice sit down, cup of tea and a biscuit. And listen to BBC Radio 4.

Last edited by Hebdomad; 7 Mar 2007 at 20:29.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:26   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

a holiday will never be the all out drugs party a festival will. it depends what you like, obviously, and how you are on pills. for me; i just love being surrounded by everyone else on drugs - i usually go about festivals on my own and meet everyone at the end of the day... then theres the campfires, and the terrible camping food, and the buying of stupid wedding dresses and stuff. its just an absolute anarchists heaven.

There are people that fall on the ' o shit i smell ' side of the fence, but if thats your major concern its probably better you dont go to any other festivals

Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:31   #28
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

my point is your taste in music is shit and it only becomes decent when you're in no fit state to listen to anything without your brain mashing it up so much it's pretty much unrecognisable. in brief.
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:47   #29
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
my point is your taste in music is shit and it only becomes decent when you're in no fit state to listen to anything without your brain mashing it up so much it's pretty much unrecognisable. in brief.
Wouldn't that mean he had good taste but for some inexplicable reason chose and actively sought out bad music to, which he could only tolerate when off his face?
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:50   #30
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
downloaded interpol and the gossip to listen to later on
I've listened to The Gossip's album and the only song that I like is "Standing in the way of control", the rest suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
the kooks are great damnit!
so so true
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:52   #31
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
I can say with pride I don't like any of those bands! They're all shit deffeh! Shit with a capital you have a bad taste in music.
Arcade Fire are pretty good to be fair.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2007, 20:57   #32
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Arcade fire aren't bad. I'd probably see them live as long as they were playing within 20 minutes of my house and I didn't have to pay more than 20 pounds to see them. They're a bit emo (or just too emotion for you as you'll probably end up linking to wikipedia again to prove empirically that it's only pertainant to the metal genre or something) for me though.

I don't really understand what you're getting at asg. But then the post was nonsense in the first place. I'm surprised deffeh replied to it!
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 22:22   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Bright eyes, The Maccabees, Gogol Bordello, The Hold Steady, The Pigeon Detectives, Dogs, Little Man Tate

Never even heard of any of these; thoughts, opinions?

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 22:26   #34
All Systems Go

Bright Eyes has a great song but is generally just a sensitive souding guy with an acoustic guitar.

Edit: First Day of my Life

the Maccabees are pretty new and have a single out which is pretty decent. Indie kind of sound if I recall correctly.
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 22:30   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

scrapped. what about the rest

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 22:56   #36
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

gogol bordello are a gypsy-punk thing, pretty ****ing cool live. average on record, great in concert. pigeon detectives and little man tate are, much like the maccabees, average post-britpop turd-peddlers. Dogs are pretty much the same, only a bit better and a bit angrier. Hold Steady are an American indie pop thing where the guy doesnt even bother singing and just shouts, they're alright but I don't know how good they'd be live. Not dissimilar to the Divine Comedy in some ways.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 00:15   #37
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

delerious tremains