User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 18:59   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your favourite brit-coms

This means:

NO Friends
and
NO Simpsons

I realise this will leave a few of you stuck for ideas, but thats not my problem

In no particular order;
Red Dwarf ("Oh, smeg.")
Fawlty Towers ("Ohhh, you're German! I'm sorry, I thought there was something wrong with you!")
Blackadder ("BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALDRICK!!!")
'Allo 'Allo ("'TLER!")
Father Ted!
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 19:08   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your favourite brit-coms

(sort of in order)
Spaced
Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Black Books
Father Ted
Young Ones
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (not strictly a comedy in some senses)
Only Fools and Horses
Bottom

For completely different reasons, each of those appeal to me greatly. Spaced is probably my current favourite as it's the show which is probably closest to being about me, or at least people I know. I remember when it was first shown Toccata & Fugue phoned me up in the ad break and said "Are you watching Channel 4? Is it me or did they make a ****ing show about people like us?" (or similar). The main character is obsessed with Buffy, computer games and Gillian Anderson. They're alienated from their families but rely on their friends while their careers go nowhere (sort of). Hell, it's even set in Tufnell Park where my girlfriend lives. Probably the closest thing to a UK version of Clerks too.

Red Dwarf will always occupy a special place in my heart, despite the latter 2 series being completley and utterly shit.

cba to go on about the rest, but they're all great.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 19:13   #3
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

coupling
monty python
yes minister!
league of gentlemen
brittas empire

and much out of the above 2

cant think of any more
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 19:13   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

MR BEAN!

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 21:23   #5
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Yes Minister
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
Coupling
One Foot in the Grave

They would probably be my top few at the moment though there are quite a few others I like, mostly listed above.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 21:34   #6
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

coupling and father ted

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 21:42   #7
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Red Dwarf

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:17   #8
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Are You Being Served? is one of my favs as is Monty Python's Flying Circus (tho I'm not sure if you'd call it a brit-com). I also enjoy Waiting For God & Keeping Up Appearances.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:22   #9
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

In order:

Yes, Minister/ Yes, Prime Minister
Monkey Dust
Red Dwarf
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:32   #10
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Porridge
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:37   #11
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

In no particular order:

Red Dwarf
Black Adder
Porridge
Only Fools and Horses
Fawlty Towers
Bottom
Young Ones
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:41   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Friends is a comedy ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:48   #13
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Red Dwarf ofc.
I have been enjoying "The Smoking Room" a lot, fingers crossed for a new series of that.

"Has there ever been a Pope Wayne"? - Barry
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:50   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes, Minister
Black Books
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Father Ted
Porridge
Open All Hours

in that order. flying circus wasn't a sitcom, nor was league of gentlemen, and red dwart had too many off days.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:53   #15
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
nor was league of gentlemen
:confused:
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 23:25   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
well it wasn't. There were continued threads, certainly, but episodes didn't have plots in any real way and the 'sit' part of 'sitcom' wasn't a focus.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 23:36   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'd say the sit(uation) of LoG was the main focus...
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:16   #18
cressa
Quietly Judging You !

cressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the rough

Im Alan Partridge ...suprised that aint been mentioned tbh ...
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:17   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressa
Im Alan Partridge ...suprised that aint been mentioned tbh ...
that's because it was shit.

alan partridge is a great comedy creation but the show itself was awful
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:23   #20
cressa
Quietly Judging You !

cressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the rough

Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:25   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We're talking about British comedies, not sit comedies, surely?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:28   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
We're talking about British comedies, not sit comedies, surely?
britcom = british sitcom i thought
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:40   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Red Dwarf
'Allo 'Allo
Only Fools and Horses
Porridge
Father Ted

in no particular order
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 01:52   #24
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

i think Coupling is the only thing we get here ?!
i love it though
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 02:11   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

blackadder
fawlty
coupling
father ted
red dwarf
yes minister
bottom
the office

everyone has already said all the good ones etc
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 04:51   #26
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In no order:
I'm Alan Partridge
Blackadder
Yes Minister
Fawlty Towers
Red Dwarf
Farther Ted
The League of Gentlemen
The Office
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 09:04   #27
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

what Hicks said, but add Coupling to it.

ps. hicks you faggot, stop being similar to me.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 09:29   #28
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

The Goodies
Coupling
Mr Bean
Red Dwarf
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 09:32   #29
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

home to roost
the good life
ever decreasing circles
Young ones
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 11:18   #30
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I also thought that britcom meant british sitcom, but the term is stupid anyway. The League of Gentlemen is basically a sketch show, and I don't find it very funny anyway.

Yes Minister.
Fawlty Towers.
Black Books
Father Ted (Father Jack is a shit character though)
Blackadder
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 14:00   #31
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Father Ted
Young Ones
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (cant wait for the film)
Only Fools and Horses
Bottom
brittas empire
Fawlty Towers
Mr Bean
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 14:43   #32
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Monty Pythons, Young ones, Fawlty towers, Red Dwarf, The Office, Blackadder, My Family, Father Ted, Fools and Horses, Vicar of Dibley, The new statesmen..... Sooooo many
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:10   #33
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Fawlty Towers.
Dad's Army.

And all the rest.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:12   #34
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Why would you include Fr.Ted as a british comedy?

Written about Irish priests, in Ireland by Irish writers. Claiming it as British as it was produced on Channel 4 is somewhat of a misnomer.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:22   #35
Embroglio

my family is quite i saw that for the first time yesterday
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.