User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2006, 16:51   #1
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts
Wars

I would like to see the top 2 alliances go to war with each other...it will keep the rest of us entertained...but any war will do...pleaseeee

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 17:02   #2
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Wars

I'd like to see the whole top 11 go to war with eachother plx

Yes, death666 we will declare war on alliances just for you <3
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 17:04   #3
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see this thread closed!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 17:06   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

yeah omen and angels, war each other!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 17:15   #5
Death666

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I'd like to see the whole top 11 go to war with eachother plx

Yes, death666 we will declare war on alliances just for you <3

woooo...just as long as it aint mine alessio...dont wanna get owned by LCH again

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 18:26   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death666
woooo...just as long as it aint mine alessio...dont wanna get owned by LCH again
Funny times.. <3

You guys declared war on us tho
(After a gal attack on Jonas )

Last edited by Alessio; 15 Oct 2006 at 18:32.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 18:56   #7
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I'd like to see this thread closed!
you just say that cause death666 is black!

don't diss cause he black mang!
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 19:06   #8
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cura
you just say that cause death666 is black!

don't diss cause he black mang!
He's not
He can do a pretty mean black-person slang immitation on IRC though!
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 19:31   #9
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
He's not
a pretty mean uneducated-person immitation you mean?
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 19:34   #10
Death666

Quote:
or an imitation of a normal you...

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 19:35   #11
Death666

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
He's not
When was i able to do this??

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 19:54   #12
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

Quote:
or an imitation of a normal you...
you can't "win" discussions anymore by saying "i know you are, but what am I?!" or versions of that statement anymore death666..
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 21:25   #13
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

xVx and VsN

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 21:27   #14
Death666

Quote:
you can't "win" discussions anymore by saying "i know you are, but what am I?!" or versions of that statement anymore death666..
please do not be a noob...i chop noob chram off

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 01:21   #15
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Even the educated ones act like idiots just because they can.
Quote:
When was i able to do this??
Are you telling me that you can't?
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 01:51   #16
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I bet you I got more skool than you fool!
and joh mamma
Unread 20 Oct 2006, 20:24   #17
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Wars in PA are always good as they bring you XP. Let the games begin!
Unread 20 Oct 2006, 20:49   #18
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
I would like to see the top 2 alliances go to war with each other...it will keep the rest of us entertained...but any war will do...pleaseeee
And the point of this would be? Perhaps this would be to allow such alliances, which i have saw all round, waving planets with around 200-300 roids and waving them with around 7 waves to then take free roids while these 2 would be battling? (the alliance knows who they are)

Anyway. Ill go back to idling.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2006, 22:36   #19
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Angels vs. ND !
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 02:48   #20
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I want peace... lets all join hands and sing a song
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 14:49   #21
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

tof V omen
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 15:34   #22
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

Angels v exil

bet exil wold win \o/
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 15:42   #23
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

bet angels would win
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 16:49   #24
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
At a cost of value, assuming that you don't win instantly (unlike Round 15 eXilition vs ND).

That fall in value is difficult to make up in roids, because it's rare to be able to hold onto those gained roids long enough to regenerate the lost value. The inevitable consequence is that you can't attack targets as big as you once could, meaning that you can't steal as many roids per night, and so on.

Most wars in PA work out badly for both participants.
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 19:05   #25
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I disagree. Most ill-conceived wars work out badly for both participants. Many many many wars can help an alliance gain an advantage, and eventually aid an alliance to win a war.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 20:17   #26
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
For Alliances which have an inexperienced command team and a general menthality which impones on fencesitting, waging wars indeed normally causes a moral decrease as the wars don't tend to bring any good results. Fortunately there are alliances like eXilition which have an experienced command team and members prone to team-playing rather than egotripping. For them wars are essential and a round victory without them would be a complete disgrace.
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 20:41   #27
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
For Alliances which have an inexperienced command team and a general menthality which impones on fencesitting, waging wars indeed normally causes a moral decrease as the wars don't tend to bring any good results.

It would be wonderful if PA stats did indeed make warfare the best way to gain score, but that generally isnt the case. The only time war is the best way to get score is if you are stomping on your opponant. So yes, many wars exilition has fought have been profitable, but most alliances arent able to/in a position to overpower opponants and efficiently roid them. For them war means a protracted conflict where they will get more incoming and land less attacks while alliances that stick to gal raids grow at a faster rate.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 21:11   #28
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
any war will do...pleaseeee
How about we all just attack your planet for 48+ waves or so. Would that be entertaining enough for you?
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 23:08   #29
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
For Alliances which have an inexperienced command team and a general menthality which impones on fencesitting, waging wars indeed normally causes a moral decrease as the wars don't tend to bring any good results. Fortunately there are alliances like eXilition which have an experienced command team and members prone to team-playing rather than egotripping. For them wars are essential and a round victory without them would be a complete disgrace.
Oh good! Thank god we have eXilition to save us and make wars viable!

To be honest, eXilition are in a unique position when it comes to waging war in modern Planetarion. No other current alliance has had the ability to maintain a united team and fight with a constant intensity for so long. Given this, it's hardly suprising that you have such an incorrect view of war these days.

Helpfully, Germania got it spot on. You can rarely pick and choose your wars - they come and find you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W

It would be wonderful if PA stats did indeed make warfare the best way to gain score, but that generally isnt the case. The only time war is the best way to get score is if you are stomping on your opponant. So yes, many wars exilition has fought have been profitable, but most alliances arent able to/in a position to overpower opponants and efficiently roid them. For them war means a protracted conflict where they will get more incoming and land less attacks while alliances that stick to gal raids grow at a faster rate.
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 00:10   #30
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I don't see anyone willing to fight Exi - so your dream will remain unfulfilled.
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 01:41   #31
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

i got it the best war wold be Angels v Omen Omen being the bad guys Angels being the good \o/ it wold never work but hay keeping the topic open \o/
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 08:43   #32
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
Fortunately there are alliances like eXilition which have an experienced command team and members prone to team-playing rather than egotripping.
lol
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 09:14   #33
Alessio
deserves a medal

I was just looking at the universe page
Angels has 80 members within the tag now

How many members do you guys think they actually have?
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 11:09   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I was just looking at the universe page
Angels has 80 members within the tag now
I'd guesstimate the answer you are looking for is "more"?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 11:38   #35
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
I'd guesstimate the answer you are looking for is "more"?
/me applauds
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 22:53   #36
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

id say 120 plus bot army.
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 23:04   #37
HK
Agnus Dei

As I can't really bother to quote you all, I'll just say that eXilition wasn't made into the power it was in rounds 13/15/18 with just it's memberbase or command team.

Wars, successful ones, will give a huge moral boost to any team and will unite the whole alliance under a single goal. I can prove this by numerous historical facts (yes, I study history, international affairs and politics) where countries have gone to wars in a desperate hope to hide their own internal problems.

For example Italy entered WW I to gain a quick victory, a moral boost and to elevate their agricultural economy (especially in southern parts of the country) to industrial economy. They failed.

After an economical crash in Russia in 1998 Putin (first as the Prime Minister and then as the President) wanted to regain control over the local situation by means of a quick and decisive war in Chechnya. Putin kind of failed but thanks to the weak ruble (which boosted local production because importing goods was too expensive) and increasing oil/gas prices he brought the country out of despair. (Unfortunately Russia under Putin's rule is moving towards autocracy instead of democracy at the moment).

Even the Second Gulf war started because Bush needed a quick moral boost to get re-elected in 2004. Obviously he succeeded, tho with quite a small margin, the war in the beginning was indeed quite successful. After the war was over and "insurgency" started to spread Bush used the situation and the media to turn USA into a state of fear ("you need me to protect you from terrorists"-style).

Obviously eXilition has been one of the few alliances which has really used the waging war tactic with such great success as most of the other alliances still regard fence-sitting as the right way forward. Well, whichever suits them best, but eX has proven this tactic to be extremely successful so why not use it yourself? It's not about the roids nor the score, it's about boosting morale and uniting your alliance under a single goal ("oh noes, 1up are evil, we must destroy them for the sake of mankind", etc).

Regards,
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 23:15   #38
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade
bet angels would win
My money on exi, too much fence-sitting likeliness in Angels.
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 00:59   #39
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
As I can't really bother to quote you all, I'll just say that eXilition wasn't made into the power it was in rounds 13/15/18 with just it's memberbase or command team.

Wars, successful ones, will give a huge moral boost to any team and will unite the whole alliance under a single goal. I can prove this by numerous historical facts (yes, I study history, international affairs and politics) where countries have gone to wars in a desperate hope to hide their own internal problems.

For example Italy entered WW I to gain a quick victory, a moral boost and to elevate their agricultural economy (especially in southern parts of the country) to industrial economy. They failed.

After an economical crash in Russia in 1998 Putin (first as the Prime Minister and then as the President) wanted to regain control over the local situation by means of a quick and decisive war in Chechnya. Putin kind of failed but thanks to the weak ruble (which boosted local production because importing goods was too expensive) and increasing oil/gas prices he brought the country out of despair. (Unfortunately Russia under Putin's rule is moving towards autocracy instead of democracy at the moment).

Even the Second Gulf war started because Bush needed a quick moral boost to get re-elected in 2004. Obviously he succeeded, tho with quite a small margin, the war in the beginning was indeed quite successful. After the war was over and "insurgency" started to spread Bush used the situation and the media to turn USA into a state of fear ("you need me to protect you from terrorists"-style).

Obviously eXilition has been one of the few alliances which has really used the waging war tactic with such great success as most of the other alliances still regard fence-sitting as the right way forward. Well, whichever suits them best, but eX has proven this tactic to be extremely successful so why not use it yourself? It's not about the roids nor the score, it's about boosting morale and uniting your alliance under a single goal ("oh noes, 1up are evil, we must destroy them for the sake of mankind", etc).

Regards,
Comparing Planetarion to real life wars is pointless and unneccessary since we have plenty of examples of Planetarion wars we can look at and planetarion really doesnt resemble real life.

Anyway, you say it isnt about the roids and the score... but that is exactly what it is about. The reason unity and morale are valuable is because they help alliances perform better. Exilition didnt start wars because teamwork is its own reward, they started wars in order to win rounds.

I agree that if you have good members and good command, wars, win or lose will very likely make your alliance stronger and more elite. But that doesnt mean alliances should just jump into any war regardless of the strategic situation. If youre alliance is well enough organized and theres a war that makes strategic sense, you should definately fight the war. But if you dont think your members/organization can handle a war, or if the war is a strategic blunder, you stand a pretty good chance of having your alliance fall apart.

You have to look at the specific situation in any given alliance in any given round to judge whether or not a particular war is likely to help or hurt an alliance, you cant rely on generalizations.
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 01:34   #40
K-W
Bored

That said I do certainly think PA history is full of alliances fence-sitting when it isnt strategically wise.
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 06:28   #41
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
That said I do certainly think PA history is full of alliances fence-sitting when it isnt strategically wise.
what happened with deuce then?

or do you mean non engagement policy fencesitting (like round 9)?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 10:39   #42
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

War is great for everyone except the looser... if played now

think about it ..
2 or 3 alliances start planetary hitting - giving the galaxies some amount of breathing space.

anyone not in the war gets to raid those in the war with impunity cos the war group are too damned busy.

the looser can take a hit from an alliance 6 or so spots below them and not exactly do well.

downside -
someone (if its the top 2) will clear the deck and win the round early.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 02:09   #43
Solar Lord

Solar Lord is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually think the key to winning a war is getting moderate scoring non alliance members to join in, because most members of the top alliances have been scouted, spyed on and atacked at least a few times, it means if they can suddenly get 20 -30 additional members from various sources, they could pull off quick and effective attacks.
Solar Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2006, 08:05   #44
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

PA is a war game...
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69
R24:Thoughts of Murder(6:7:1)[ROCK]#65