User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Jun 2006, 21:57   #1
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Historical Round Data

http://www.planetarion.com/RoundDetails.PNG

I'm looking for historical round data to fill in this spreadsheet.

Things that are currently in red are educated guesses.

Any help would be appreciated - currently data has been got from pa announcements forum, old db backups, sandman and the pawiki.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:04   #2
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
Re: Historical Round Data

am i reading that wrong or are you sujesting 3, 4 and 6 are over 5k weeks in lengh of the round?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:07   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

The round start day is missing so round length is meassured from 0 - hence giving huge numbers.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:08   #4
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Then yes that would indeed make more sense. Cant you just tell i need some sleep.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:12   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Updated image to make it clearer

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:13   #6
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

It does make for rather depressing reading
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:16   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
It does make for rather depressing reading
Well yes and no, its not like we didn't know about the decline since the peak - it does however show stability rather than decline more recently.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:17   #8
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Yeah, that really is depressing....
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:30   #9
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

round 10 just had 1200 players ?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:32   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
round 10 just had 1200 players ?
that was my guess, but I seem to remember it was a bit of a flop - it was very expenssive to play it - a credit cost £10

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:34   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

If I remember correctly, round 9,5 started in April or May and ended in the start of July.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 09:47   #12
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

according to that list PA will be dead in less than 3 Rounds if we cant get fresh blood to the game...thats my opinion on that at least.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 09:56   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Round 3 was definitely longer than that. That round took at least a decade to finish. Also I seriously doubt r10 only saw 1200 players but there were nearly 5k for r11.

PS That list shows stagnation recently, not evidence of further decline antigone.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 10:27   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

R3 didnt have 200k players, the playing numbers peaked in r4 not r3.

I dont have exact figures but it was closer to half the amount you have listed
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 10:35   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey

I vaguely recall it broke 100k planets during r3. Not by much though, I think that happened fairly close to the end of the round.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 11:03   #16
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

Is there no way somebody from the pilkara setup or elysium, sandmans has any archived data from the pa tools db's ? i.e any old mysql dumps etc

i know it wont break down paid/unpaid, but will give you numbers of planets and number of ticks at least
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 11:13   #17
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
according to that list PA will be dead in less than 3 Rounds if we cant get fresh blood to the game...thats my opinion on that at least.
Now that we're playing in 8 week periods (and we seem to be moving to a system of four rounds a year), the season has quite a bearing on numbers.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 17:31   #18
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

you guys can help with your IRC logs, just find some with pbot on it, that show you how many planets it had in its database.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 18:08   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
not at all it actually shows the decline has stabilised for the moment, though round 18 will be interesting as its a summer round and hence will probabaly have less players.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Jun 2006, 18:13   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Also I seriously doubt r10 only saw 1200 players but there were nearly 5k for r11.
I'm reasonably confident of my paid accounts guess there - round 10 was v. expensive at £10 for 1 credit.

Now apparently a limited number of free accounts were later allowed, but I have no idea how many it actualy was.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:23   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

The information I need most at the moment is confirmed start and end dates for the dates in red and also some knowledge on how free/paid accoutns worked in each round - were some paid accoutns only, did some have a limited number of free accounts allowed etc.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:33   #22
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

r5 was free, iirc. and r10 had a heck of a lot more then 1200 players. cant remember the precise number but it was in excess of 2-3k at the bare minimum. If you're getting the figure 1200 from income generated then you're forgetting the pre-existing credits in the universe from the previous p2p rounds
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:37   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
r5 was free, iirc.
You do not. Round five was definitely the first pay-to-play round.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:43   #24
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
my mistake, verified on scouse pa history. Embedded in a sig of an archived forum thread is "R5 -- Not played (1st P2P round)"

Unread 22 Jun 2006, 05:53   #25
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

all i hazely remember is 1st paid round being with the appearance of races. I might be wrong on that tho =/
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 07:27   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
r5 was free, iirc. and r10 had a heck of a lot more then 1200 players. cant remember the precise number but it was in excess of 2-3k at the bare minimum. If you're getting the figure 1200 from income generated then you're forgetting the pre-existing credits in the universe from the previous p2p rounds
it definatly wasn't that many paid accounts, A2 said something about a limited number of free accoutns being allowed - that would have boosted the total. It might have been 1800 paid, I seem to rememebr that number from somewhere.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jun 2006, 08:34   #27
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i hazily remember;
the figures 98k and 103k planets wise for r3 - i'm pretty sure it was 98k but i also for some reason associate 103k with r3 to
paid accounts were just over 20k for r5 i believe?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 09:07   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
all i hazely remember is 1st paid round being with the appearance of races. I might be wrong on that tho =/
Round five had a war/science split, previous rounds had had some choice at the end but nowhere near as much. Races appeared in r6 I think, it was the first round that petru did stats for anyways.
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 09:10   #29
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If I recall correctly mind you it may as well have been free as it was so cheap. Wasnt it something like £5 a credit with an additional 2 credits given to everyone as a free gift.

It was just a shame so many people got greedy over those free credits and started trying to charge others for them or simply refusing to use them as we could have easierly had another 10k+ more players
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 09:46   #30
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
If I recall correctly mind you it may as well have been free as it was so cheap. Wasnt it something like £5 a credit with an additional 2 credits given to everyone as a free gift.

It was just a shame so many people got greedy over those free credits and started trying to charge others for them or simply refusing to use them as we could have easierly had another 10k+ more players
does that mean all of the accounts were "paid" in that they used up a credit - i.e. effectly similar to now with say 3 credits for £5 rather than 3 for £10, but with no accounts without a credit?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jun 2006, 10:11   #31
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
does that mean all of the accounts were "paid" in that they used up a credit - i.e. effectly similar to now with say 3 credits for £5 rather than 3 for £10, but with no accounts without a credit?
Yeah there was no free acounts as such. Basically Zeus idea that backfired was to use the community factor to keep numbers high and for every account bought you would get 2 extra credits that wouldnt carry over to the next round.

It was hoped that rather than selling them as 3 credits for £5 as it would be now that the 1 credit for £5 + 2 free credits would basically see people hand over their free credits to people whom wanted to play but in reality people viewed it as 3 credits for £5 and hence refused to hand the free credits over to just anyone and either sold them on to people whom didnt want 3 credits (or wanted to pay via a none supported method), only handed them out to good friends, went 3rds with friends or just sat on the credits
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 10:53   #32
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Round five had a war/science split, previous rounds had had some choice at the end but nowhere near as much. Races appeared in r6 I think, it was the first round that petru did stats for anyways.
That's indeed correct, it was Round 6 that races appeared.

Jerome's numbers all seem familiar to me, especially the 20k planets/Round 5.
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 11:03   #33
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

For me the round start date is the date the first tick happens. The round end date is the date the last tick of the regular round happens. You "seem" to include the havoc period into the "end date" in your table - i dont.

Round 5 start date was 01/10/2001 - i have DB dumps covering october2001 including one on 04/10/2001 with a comment that it was the last tick in protection. Only later during round5 Vish added the current tick info to the dump header.

Round6 start date was 08/02/2002 (Tick 1). The last DB dump i have from round6 is Tick 1413 on 08/04/2002 but i cant say for sure if that was the last tick of the official round.

Round7 start date was 04/06/2002. I have dumps from tick2/3/4 to confirm this.

Round9 start date was 10/03/2003. I have dumps from tick1/2/3 to confirm it. Round end date was likely 18/05/2003 as i have a stored posting of Iceaxe on AD with the top-100 planet table revealing Name/Alliance next to the rank and other people congratulating Sliekas for winning and revealing more names/alliances.

I have more PA data stored somewhere, but am currently too lazy to look for the backup

ps: the start date of your round2 is likely wrong. I have an overview of Moridins planet with his Round1 coords and a date of 06/07/2000

Last edited by Ramihyn; 22 Jun 2006 at 11:59.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 11:24   #34
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Races appeared in round6. I have unittables/stats from Tactitus and others along with my own tables of rd5/6 to confirm this.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 12:45   #35
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

You da man Ramihyn!
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 13:25   #36
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round 3 was longer than 13 weeks. You have the round ending on the 02/04 but that was the date of the battle at Sid's according to Scouse's site, it went on another 2 weeks after that I think. Also Round 2 didn't start that early, Round 1 didn't end until early July but from what I remember they rolled into one another pretty much.

Scouse's site is cool
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 14:09   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Also Round 2 didn't start that early, Round 1 didn't end until early July but from what I remember they rolled into one another pretty much.
I think hicks is right here, I started playing at the start of r2 when a friend told me to sign up but I can remember originally looking at it during r1 and I was going to sign up but he said it would be over really soon so not to bother. The gap between when he told me that and when I signed up for r2 couldn't have been more than a few weeks.
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 15:27   #38
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

I remember digging the Usenet files from spinner in google, you can find interesting stuff there, most of it are added to PA wiki anyway.

For round1 information:
Date: 2000/01/28
Subject: Planetarion
If you like Science Fiction and or Free Online Games, Check out http://www.planetarion.com They are signing in memebers right now, the game begins February 1st. Have fun!

Christian

Retrieved from "http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Round1_Player_Roundup"
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 21:43   #39
Kal
Inactive peon

Updated: http://www.planetarion.com/RoundDetails.PNG

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jun 2006, 22:11   #40
Kal
Inactive peon

It seems to be 9.5,1 and 2 I'm lacking most info on as well as how paid/free accounts worked in the early rounds.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jun 2006, 16:15   #41
Kal
Inactive peon

Gathered and confirmed some more stuff - still r1,r2 and r9.5 that I'm really lacking info on.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jun 2006, 17:00   #42
Mortal
Crazy fin

Mortal is an unknown quantity at this point

if round 5 was first round whit 3 members like i remember then it was last free round or someone give ppl free credits cos me and my friends play that round and no1 pay.

R14-17 - HR
R17-20 - Omen
R21 - Angels
R22 - Jenova
R23 - Exilition
R24 - Excessum
R25 - TGV
R26 - Denial
R27 - Vision
R28 - Carebears / Asc
R29 - Asc
R30 - Omen
R31 - Asc
R32 - Apprime
R33 - Apprime
R36 - Excessum
R38 - [NFI]
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 17:21   #43
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Historical Round Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
It seems to be 9.5,1 and 2 I'm lacking most info on as well as how paid/free accounts worked in the early rounds.
IIRC, the base cost for R5 was $10 for two accounts (I think there were also larger packages (5, 10, or 20) available for up to a full galaxy worth of accounts). I think the idea was to force everyone to purchase multiple accounts so as to encourage people to resell/give away credits to those who didn't have credit cards or couldn't/wouldn't otherwise p2p. The higher cost reduced the transaction overhead as well.

There were also a limited number of free accounts (8K if memory serves) made available after the start of the round.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 00:44   #44
JaJames
Your-Local-Dealer

JaJames can only hope to improve

I played in rounds 1-9 and i remember somewhat what it was like for paying, the method of payment was interesting too as they went with this pay by post thing aswell as credit, so people without cards could post their payment, its amazing to see those figures, i have something like the first 9 round end of round scores if you want them with the full list of top 100's
<De-Syn> you got a problem with my being a cum guzzling fag?

<Pure|fs> clearly JJ being a gh3y wank ****e

i've been here since round 1.. ooo i feel old :/
JaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 03:13   #45
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Your start date for Round 3 is wrong, it started around September IIRC
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 07:17   #46
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:

Round 4 had the most planets (180k). The number of actual players was of course MUCH mower. My guess is that at leat 60% of those planets was multis

(And Killmark)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 08:04   #47
macpaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Round 3 was longer than 13 weeks. You have the round ending on the 02/04 but that was the date of the battle at Sid's according to Scouse's site, it went on another 2 weeks after that I think. Also Round 2 didn't start that early, Round 1 didn't end until early July but from what I remember they rolled into one another pretty much.
I agree here.

Round 3 was very long indeed, also I don't recall there being such a gap in time between the end of round 1 and the beginning of round 2.

I quit after round 4, so I can't be of any help for the rounds afterwards.
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 16:38   #48
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Your start date for Round 3 is wrong, it started around September IIRC
Round 2 was still running on the 29th of September. In fact that was just a day or so after I first signed up and I'm sure I played R2 for a few weeks after that.

My first news from R3 is dated in November;

10/11/2000 11:02 CEST Planet News
Construction of Scope Amplifier complete.

10/11/2000 15:02 CEST Research
Research of Crystal Extraction complete.

10/11/2000 23:02 CEST Planet News
Construction of PDS Control Center complete.

11/11/2000 03:02 CEST Research
Research of Quantum Mechanics complete.

11/11/2000 11:15 CEST Donation
You have recieved a donation of 2000 Metal from El Xavier of Morticon.

As you can see this was in the very early stages of the round - I just don't have an exact fix on the start date.

<Edit>
Oh yes - the end of R3 was definitely the 2nd of April. I saved the overview screen. (I know - it's really sad, isn't it?).

02/04/2001 18:16 CET
The Arcane Chas of Arcania (10:12:19)
Message of the day

Creators Hour pushed 30 minutes today, to 18.30 game time.
It will be a short Creators hour, with no questions, just announcements.
#creators as usual...
If you still dont know, we are picking the winner today at 18.00, and making a special announcment just afterwards!! You DONT want to miss it!
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105

Last edited by ArcChas; 4 Jul 2006 at 16:49.
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 17:27   #49
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

While I'm on the subject.

R4 was underway on the 27/4/2001 - again I have news on that date from the very early stages of the round but sadly I have no exact fix on the start date.

Tick 121 of R8 was on 29/9/02 at 13:00 GMT which (assuming no downtime) would put the start date at 24/9/02.

R9.5 finished on 19/7/03 ;

19/07/2003 18:31 GMT (PT 1126) Score: 7331189
Gharlane of Eddore

392567 257500 9026269

System Information for (6:6:8)

Message of the day

Round 9.5 is oficially over, many thanks to everyone who had fun, and those who didnt (-:
Stand by for more information.......

And finally, R10 definitely finished on 21/12/2003 - even though the pages from that round don't show the date.

That's all the light I can shed on any of the "red" sections - hope it helps.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 18:32   #50
Kal
Inactive peon

Updated with new information:

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???