User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Nov 2002, 22:12   #1
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Pings on Online games

I know I sound stupid, but is it better if it's higher or lower? :-/
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 22:14   #2
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
ping?
pong!
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 22:15   #3
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pings on Online games

Quote:
Originally posted by insane_in_da_membrane
I know I sound stupid, but is it better if it's higher or lower? :-/
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

lower is better
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 22:15   #4
Lord Boredom

lower.

My ping is always 3000. And I lag like crazy. Hence, I don't play online games. This is all thanks to AOL, a crap modem and appalling phone coverage.
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 22:19   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ping = amount of time it takes for your input to reach the server in milliseconds, and vice versa.

eg, a ping of 200 is a delay of 1/5 of a second. Lower is better.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 22:52   #6
Nashmeister

My ping hit 18,000 on Diablo 2 the night the public dupe came out...
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 23:15   #7
The_MilkMan

sorry i read the topic as "Pigs on Online games"
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 03:38   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
A ping of 1000 is the equivalent of 1 second of lag, :. the lower the better.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 03:42   #9
Nashmeister

Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
A ping of 1000 is the equivalent of 1 second of lag, :. the lower the better.

Yea, that night, whenever I went to my private stash, or tried to repair an item, it took more than 15 seconds to recognize it... That sucked balls.

And Seed, nice work. :-)
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 04:29   #10
Nashmeister

I stopped playing 5 or 6 months ago... Maybe 7, it was about a week after the public dupe came out. I was an old-school player... 4 years with d2 plus expansion, 4 years with d1... Then a bunch of n00bs starting showing up with wf, gf, tals armor, ik armor, etc. It just got gay.

I was...

RedAjah
Rodney-Mullen
Jerry-Garcia
PimpOfZons

I think I had 2 more that were mule accounts... One had a lvl 94 though. They were all US West accounts, besides Jerry-Garcia. That was my Europe account.

Btw, if you ever see someone named Zesty-man, or something with Zesty in it, tell him my email adress is [email protected]

That was the only good person I ever met on d2... He was a great guy though.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 04:53   #11
Nashmeister

Heh, that sucks... Zesty lost a lvl 76 sorce on hc. That's a bitch...

He was so cool though, he would always give me stuff. We did mephy runs together in hell, he would kill because he had around 750 mf or so, then give me the item every other time. From his kills I got, buriza, nat's armor 3 times, tals ammy, and wot was that good Sword called? Not gf, but the one that was one unique lower than that... Deathspade... I actually have no idea... prolly something more satanic like, deathbloodkill. I dunno, it was one of the highest lvl thinks mephy can drop.

Then, you know how nobody would ever rush you through act 2? He had a tomb character on every level. Normal, nm, and hell. He would use his sorce to kill andariel, then leave, create a new game with his tomb character, have me join it. The tomb would already be open. He would leave, beat the level with his sorce, beat mephy, then diablo, then baal. Do tyreal and all the other skill point quests, then do the same on nm and hell. He could rush me from a1 normal to a5 hell in less than 45 minutes... When you're playing d2, it doesn't seem like a long time at all. Then he would just let me join cow lvls so I could get from lvl 1-70 in 2 hours. He rules.

Heh, I remember the biggest ******** who pk'ed me....

Zangrein (*Olecron)

I never got to pay him back...

I have some great screenshots I'll put up though. One is me dueling, it says, 7 ppl were slain by redson_arrow... Good stuff. (That was me) All with one multi-shot.
I have another of me and zesty-man, we lined the whole rogue encampment with gold pieces. It looks really cool.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 04:59   #12
Nashmeister

Dear god, I have to stop. Don't wanna get addicted again.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 05:02   #13
Nashmeister

Good stuff. I have a picture of someone giving me 40 sojs for 300 percent cbcq... or cruel collossus blade of quickness. 300 percent ed with 40 ias. I had 1 39 percent ed 15 ias jewel and an ohm in it. I had just crafted that too... That was the day alright, I never had to work again after that.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 13:18   #14
Lord Skragg

27 ping for Counter Strike \ /
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 13:55   #15
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
as said, lower id better.

ADSL: Expect 40-50 (although i used to get 20 with mine )
Cable: Expect 20-30

It doesn't matter which of the above you have, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in terms of ping.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 14:21   #16
Cocaine

I usually get pings of 30 \o/

BTW has anybody played the "Natural Selection" mod for half-life ? Its bloody fantastic if a little unbalanced.
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 21:01   #17
Moled
careface ;[

Moled is an unknown quantity at this point
usually 20-40

had 5 ms to jolt before
Moled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 22:00   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I get 40-50 on my 128k, which is nice.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote