User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 02:54   #1
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
A compliment to Fred's Thread

To keep everyone from getting too pessimistic, what is the single best achievement of your alliance? I guess I'd prefer not to hear, "dominating every round" or something like that. If you're in Fury, or Legion, or one of the alliances that has been highly successful, round after round, what ONE accomplishment would you rank as the best?

For me, TE's greatest accomplishment was the successful attack on Thieves and Pirates, in round 3. Taking Singu's galaxy down a notch early in the round was pretty cool, though it had little effect, ultimately

Nemesis I felt was its own existence and survival, but following my own rules, I would have to say that our best accomplishment took place prior to our official existence, with the massive attack on Yeh at the end of r5. It was a huge amount of organization, and it culminated in a night of fun for all people involved, including, I think, Sid and Yeh.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:01   #2
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Legion - Alliance with the greatest survival rate against all odds, external and internal.

WolfPack - The only alliance with talented egos forged into possibly the most successful single-round power ever.

IRG & TLA - Me.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:19   #3
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A compliment to Fred's Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator
Nemesis I felt was its own existence and survival, but following my own rules, I would have to say that our best accomplishment took place prior to our official existence, with the massive attack on Yeh at the end of r5. It was a huge amount of organization, and it culminated in a night of fun for all people involved, including, I think, Sid and Yeh.
For me, our best accomplishment was the hit on Lrytas' galaxy in r6. When various FoS bc's learned of it, they asked us to wait for the end of the 72 hour transition period so we could all put a lot of pressure on Xeta together. We declined though as it was specifically a Nemesis retal and not an act of war against Xeta. So despite the size of the galaxy, and the knowledge that Xeta would largely be without incomings that night, Nemesis was willing to take the hard route as opposed to waiting a couple of days for assistance from a powerblock.

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:21   #4
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: A compliment to Fred's Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by N0VA

For me, our best accomplishment was the hit on Lrytas' galaxy in r6. When various FoS bc's learned of it, they asked us to wait for the end of the 72 hour transition period so we could all put a lot of pressure on Xeta together. We declined though as it was specifically a Nemesis retal and not an act of war against Xeta. So despite the size of the galaxy, and the knowledge that Xeta would largely be without incomings that night, Nemesis was willing to take the hard route as opposed to waiting a couple of days for assistance from a powerblock.
That was definitely a great one too I had sort of forgotten about it, like so many things.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:33   #5
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
tagging day rnd 5
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:36   #6
Meth
Me

Meth is an unknown quantity at this point
Fury's comeback after getting slammed for 3 months in round four would be my biggest.

Either that, or the way in which Fury went from 'medium' alliance status to major alliance with the wars against TE, Tuba and Conc in round 2.
Meth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:37   #7
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
in round 5 when big ol legion started thumpin down on ViruS and we managed... and managed very well. even gave em a bit of our own in the end. showed em that virus wasnt some pipsqueak and that we deserved to be among the elite
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:59   #8
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Stealing Jonkas fleet in r2, Legion fresh after the split from conc, proving itself immediatly!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 04:08   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Round 4 - Rising from the ashes after 3 months of hell stronger than we were before.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 04:10   #10
Dragoon

Re: A compliment to Fred's Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Obfuscator
If you're in Fury, or Legion, or one of the alliances that has been highly successful, round after round, what ONE accomplishment would you rank as the best?
Round two. It was an accomplishment in itself.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 04:19   #11
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
The single greatest accomplishment of Legion was recruiting the HC people and techies they did round2. Legion would not have been as great as it was without their input and teachings in round2.... yes all the previous HC without exeption (you know who I mean )
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 04:36   #12
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
r4: Rise to the top with Xanadu. Practically coming out of nowhere, winning the round and dictating it military wise, illustrated by the wave-attack on T&P and the surrender of a Fury exec/officer gal in p16 i believe.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 05:09   #13
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
The single greatest accomplishment of Legion was recruiting the HC people and techies they did round2. Legion would not have been as great as it was without their input and teachings in round2.... yes all the previous HC without exeption (you know who I mean )
So true thats where we learned how to do things was from them. We definatly had good parents in r2 guiding our way.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 05:15   #14
Meth
Me

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
r4: Rise to the top with Xanadu. Practically coming out of nowhere, winning the round and dictating it military wise, illustrated by the wave-attack on T&P and the surrender of a Fury exec/officer gal in p16 i believe.
Quicksilver's gal, he was an officer, though not a very active one at the time
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 05:41   #15
BOB_LOST
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio
was p15 and qs was a pussy his galxey gave up leaveing the 3 wp galxeys alone to fight it out mine maddixs, and axiswolf's
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 06:22   #16
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST

was p15 and qs was a pussy his galxey gave up leaveing the 3 wp galxeys alone to fight it out mine maddixs, and axiswolf's
ok

btw, I've also been GC of 4:14 (round 2)

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 07:08   #17
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaranaf
in round 5 when big ol legion started thumpin down on ViruS and we managed
Wrong... Fury is the one that dumps you (again) that time. Legion have all the right and priviledge to attack you since you have no agreement with them. But someone should have protected you.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 07:12   #18
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by furssie

Wrong... Fury is the one that dumps you (again) that time. Legion have all the right and priviledge to attack you since you have no agreement with them. But someone should have protected you.
He is a Virus Exec, I think he should know the history of his own alliance better than you do

To answer the original question... ending round 6 without Legion, Fury or Xanadu winning, despite everyone believing that only those alliances could possibly win
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 07:30   #19
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

well, it was Legion more or less focusing on us (sure, no prob with it, being neutral at the time and all), and Fury(our "ally") sitting around and letting them do so. i was only an officer during that time though, but i still remember being fairly mad at Fury for it
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 08:00   #20
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:

you say 'dump', Aaranaf say 'thumps', see the difference?

Was fun to defend against Legion every single night, being in a Fury-gal ooh you gotta love those mails...they came by the dozens i tell ya
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 08:35   #21
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
Having become friends with so many people and never betraying any of them.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 08:37   #22
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
tagging day r5..

without a doubt the greatest moment of pa history for me
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 09:16   #23
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough
Taking out Alex the cnut within a Fury bastion in round 3. My oh my, that was an exciting lemming run!

Xeno
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 09:40   #24
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
tagging rd 5 was brillant in my opinion
it was lyke wtF?
o and rd 5 Wrath
i rekong by far the best recruitment wing ever in PA history a force in its own right

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 10:02   #25
Meth
Me

Quote:
Originally posted by Xeno
Taking out Alex the cnut within a Fury bastion in round 3. My oh my, that was an exciting lemming run!

Xeno
That's the attack which led me, and alot of other Fury, to respect hirr as a great alliance during round three. Of course, that didn't stop us from countering you into the ground for the next few days, with several waves on every planet, but still, respect to you guys.

I think you're the only alliance which really hurt a Fury planet in R3 after the onset of the Triad. Discounting the two week 'war' with Legion.

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 11:54   #26
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point
not really an achievement, but still..
that we so easily ignored the ever going dirt contest against elysium as an elite alliance, and despite the fact that we never really was accepted.. public wise, our selfconfident always was intact
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 12:32   #27
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
The entire process of rebuilding Tuba round 3, and against all the odds succeeding.

Regardless of whatever troubles we may have run into later on, my thanks and respect go to DJ, McIvan, Titch, Lokken, Neuroz, LevelZero, inky, Stevie, TwiZter, Locutus, Hellian (And later: QD, Mis, bigchief, RR - and everyone who stayed with the alliance) - And many more (of whom the mists of time have robbed my memory :/)

It was a blast :) (Even the weeks of sheer stressful hell)

Quote:
Originally posted by Xeno

Xeno
I remember it well :) I still regret not having any ships free to join the party.

To me, this is the greatest single action of any alliance since round one. The fact that while the rest of the universe cowered under Fury/VtS domination - hirr didn't take any jipp :) (And of course it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy)

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 12:39   #28
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
FAnG, growing to a dominant force, as Rumad allready posted, in less then 2 rounds. None of us Hc's had ever hoped we'd reach this far, now I'm not surprised we did thx to the commitment of our members, officers and fellow HC

thanks

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 12:40   #29
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob

He is a Virus Exec, I think he should know the history of his own alliance better than you do

To answer the original question... ending round 6 without Legion, Fury or Xanadu winning, despite everyone believing that only those alliances could possibly win
I know who he is and the comment is not about history.

He is the poster, I think he should know more what to correct better than you do
He actually responded in a nicer manner.

Anyway, the achievement of r6 was really something.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 12:54   #30
Rythms

Templar - opening their junior wing crusaders in r4 :-)
Xanadu - roiding Yeh's Gal and the c10 Gals in r6..
MDK - hum?
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 12:59   #31
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

I know who he is and the comment is not about history.

He is the poster, I think he should know more what to correct better than you do
He actually responded in a nicer manner.
I think you were wrong on two points.

Firstly the historical question - should Fury have prevented Legion from attacking Virus? I don't see any reason why they should. Fury's first and only concern is their own well-being, so why should they have helped Virus against Legion? No part of the agreements between the alliances stated that Legion could not attack Virus, and the terms of the Legion-Fury NAP prevented Fury from defending against Legion.

At the time, I'm sure I thought much as you do now - that Fury were evil and that their politics were wrong. Now, I would be much more inclined to blame Virus for their naiveté in believing that their alliance with Fury would keep Legion from attacking them, or their foolishness in believing that they could fight Legion alone . Small alliances who ally with larger ones for protection and then get screwed over have only themselves to blame.

As for the second point, I was merely commenting on the fact that Virus execs should know their past history better than you (or, for that matter, I) would. You were telling him that he was wrong about the history of his own alliance and tried to bring Fury into the argument, when his original post never even mentioned Fury
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 13:16   #32
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob

I somehow agree with almost everything you said. But the point is: i think your quote is uncalled for.

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 15:15   #33
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exactly what Patrician said, it was our finest hour ok so we had a few strops along the way, but it was damn good fun none the less !

and refusing to allow Kurashima to join deserves a special mention

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 15:22   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
1) When Legion didnt die in the end of r3.
2) r4, my gal survived 8 waves or something, hardly without loosing more than 300 roids. Also the TZ attack againt GP4 was splendid to watch.
3) When Legion tagged in r5... /made me slip a tear
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 16:06   #35
Elu Thingol
God

Elu Thingol is an unknown quantity at this point
r3) we hit salem and droped him 100 M between a few players
r4) mangor, who don´t remember that?
r6) ask forest and remember how he cried in the forums....
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 16:13   #36
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
WolfPack - The only alliance with talented egos forged into possibly the most successful single-round power ever.
successful is the wrong word, better would be the alliance with the highest "skill average" ever.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 16:20   #37
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Round 5 BeerGods galaxy.

Not giving a fk about any alliance rule, tho we had most of em in there. Playing the round like we wanted to play it and still end 'up there'.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 16:21   #38
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Feb 2002 -
Bull Meeting, my first RL meeting. Meeting people like Scorpio, Fredtje, Glatze, Eddie_V, Lord_Dain, Zip, Grim, Daf Sam etc!!

Feb-April 2002 -

Being Frontline and 1st attacker of almost every hit XeTa did on FLTV. BlueBull was a mess, but ****ing cool. We had the hardest targets, and the worste gal. But being the biggest. I slept 3/4 hours a night, people in RL where asking WTF i did. But i had so much fun, i would never ever want to miss that.

July 2002 -
Forming KnightVision, which i'm at the moment, proud of again!

Thunder
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 16:51   #39
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
r3 - me and some UV pe0ns taking out a 25 mil planet in 14:21 (stealthy/thaliras gal) then avoiding retals from a 300 mil planet in cluster

r4 - the massive parallel sieges of p4 and the x11x fall, and defending 253:1 for like 10000 days in a row

r5 - *yawn* perhaps the battle at Yeh's/Ish and the revolt

r6 - the c10 leveling.... oh so fun

r7 - the attack on LDK, hitting every one of there gals at once, while Xan let them rot.

r8 - the leveling of Furbies gal
________
Wiki

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:03.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 16:54   #40
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Meth

That's the attack which led me, and alot of other Fury, to respect hirr as a great alliance during round three. Of course, that didn't stop us from countering you into the ground for the next few days, with several waves on every planet, but still, respect to you guys.

I think you're the only alliance which really hurt a Fury planet in R3 after the onset of the Triad. Discounting the two week 'war' with Legion.

I think that attack forged a great respect between hirr and Fury that has grown ever since. Even though Fury retalled, we got messages from our attackers who outnumbered us in strength by sometimes 30:1 that they didn't want to attack us, and that we actually did them a favour by cnutting alex.

Our attacks against other Fury planets were not as successful, but if you remember we kept on trying until Sid initiated a fleet freeze with the hopes of catching each one of our fleets as we pressed our attacks home... because we could afford to lose the minimal roids you were capping, but not our fleets, we had to go underground for awhile, but it effectively stopped the hirr offensive and was great thinking on Sid's part.

I think that lead to hirr / Fury cooperation in round 4.

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 17:55   #41
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Leinad
successful is the wrong word, better would be the alliance with the highest "skill average" ever.
Considering WolfPack lasted one round, I'd call their reputable exploits the most successful of any single-round alliance before.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 17:56   #42
K0loth

K0loth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Norseman
not really an achievement, but still..
that we so easily ignored the ever going dirt contest against elysium as an elite alliance, and despite the fact that we never really was accepted.. public wise, our selfconfident always was intact
To me the greatest moment of Elysium was about the time in early-mid round 6 and probably why quit hc during (to me) that greatest moment. It was great that xeta (Elysium being the major player of that block with Xan) was being the major force IMO beating fltv. It was nice to see past warnings, plans and promises becoming a reality.
K0loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:06   #43
Doon

Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
Stealing Jonkas fleet in r2, Legion fresh after the split from conc, proving itself immediatly!

No, no, no, that was my biggest achievement in round 2.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:11   #44
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Meth
Fury's comeback after getting slammed for 3 months in round four would be my biggest.

Either that, or the way in which Fury went from 'medium' alliance status to major alliance with the wars against TE, Tuba and Conc in round 2.
This one and:

Quote:
Originally posted by Silva baby

o and rd 5 Wrath
i rekong by far the best recruitment wing ever in PA history a force in its own right
They mix with eachother though.

Personal achievement would be Round 5 Wrath and Se7en.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:40   #45
muppet

hrm round4; smushing quha gals every night

round5; tbh round5 sucked ;p

round6; twatting gunn3r and 'www.prosaturn.com' when they attacked me and forgot to newscan.. guess they didnt think I could manage defence for his 50'000 vindicators ^^

round7; not playing !!

round8; my galaxy... best noobs in PA
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:50   #46
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
XXV, Eternals, Wolfpack, 7:23 and 178:11.

I do wish I stayed in Titans however
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:51   #47
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4

Considering WolfPack lasted one round, I'd call their reputable exploits the most successful of any single-round alliance before.
well i know what u mean just want to save ur post from the "wp never achived something in the rankings" replies.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:53   #48
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Leinad
well i know what u mean just want to save ur post from the "wp never achived something in the rankings" replies.
I'm the sort where rankings mean piss all to me honestly. When a group of less than 30-40 players are able to give the final push into wide-spread powerblocking, that says a lot more than "we finished with the #1 player."
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 18:55   #49
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST

can i have my roids back ? i remember ur gal very well..:/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 19:13   #50
BOB_LOST
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Legator

can i have my roids back ? i remember ur gal very well..:/
poor p15 we beat them sense less