User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Feb 2008, 12:12   #1
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
A slight take on recent events

It seems to me that recent events are posed to determine the outcome of this round in a rather distasteful manner, and I felt like commenting on this for a bit.

Urwins have been leading pretty much uninterrupted for a few weeks now. They tried to incite animosity and action towards Asc disting this round, something which seems to have worked quite nicely for them. As a result, CT and ND lost huge amounts of fleet taking out Asc top disters, gimping themselves for the next few weeks. At the same time, Asc lost their advantage and are now forced to largely rethink their strategy. ND/CT have also sparked a reaction from Asc, who are now very intent on killing both of these alliances off. All the while, Urwins have themselves kept out of this whole debacle, and are steaming ahead in size, value and score.

So it seems to me that passive roiding without waging open war is poised to win this round. I'm afraid I have no time to elaborate as I'm at work and my break is up. Have a nice day.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 12:22   #2
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future
Re: A slight take on recent events

n00b
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 13:47   #3
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

is this an attempt to get people to attack urwins? If so... please do better
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 14:02   #4
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Oh shit, i should attack urwins.

Thanks Sun_Tzu.

Edit: On a slightly more serious note, it might be that people expect that they can take Urwins down later, since they havent attacked them massively?

Proud to be Newdawn

Last edited by SteInMetz; 7 Feb 2008 at 18:57.
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 15:43   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can but won't. One only needs to look at rounds past for examples aplenty.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 15:46   #6
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Edit: On a slightly more serious note, it might be that people expect that they can take Urwins down later they havent attacked them massively?
based on your current performance I wouldn't bet on it.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 16:27   #7
Duo

well looking back on prev rounds, all it takes is one night of 5 alliances teaming. Somebody has to be on top.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 16:41   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

jer's mum
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 18:42   #9
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Can but won't. One only needs to look at rounds past for examples aplenty.
Yeah, I'd heard such things before this round, and in all honesty I've been fairly surprised to see them at top this round. Might be I'm just giving people too much credit, might be they'll fold like a house of cards once someone begins to target them. But so far they've done pretty much what I would have done, which in my little world is the bestest thing ever etc.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 18:58   #10
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
based on your current performance I wouldn't bet on it.
Feeling intimidated and scared? Since you're so defensive and all..

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 19:00   #11
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

One word: Stockpiling
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 19:01   #12
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
One word: Stockpilling
Stockpiling might save you one night, but not the next

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 19:03   #13
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Remember history my friend…..
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 19:36   #14
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I love this groundless optimism some of you guys have. I personally don't especially care who wins as long as it's not ND or CT and any efforts I make will be in that direction. I'm reasonably sure many in Ascendancy would share that opinion. Given Urwins own naps and the alienation of several other alliances that might have been inclined to help I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be as easy as some of you expect.

For the record, it won't be and was never going to be Ascendancy. With about 40 active members and a considerable number of those sacrificing score for distorters it simply isn't possible. Which is a shame, if we had recruited to 50-55 pre round it could have been a different story.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 19:51   #15
Kenny

I just find it hilarious that people can be manipulated into hitting a rank 5 alliance, but as soon as it's suggested people hit the rank 1 alliance because of an obvious dominance in value and roids, people call it bitter propegander?

Well played PA. Well played.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 19:58   #16
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
I just find it hilarious that people can be manipulated into hitting a rank 5 alliance, but as soon as it's suggested people hit the rank 1 alliance because of an obvious dominance in value and roids, people call it bitter propegander?

Sorry, I can't see that in this thread? There were, however, a lot of posts screaming propaganda when the "hit Ascendancy" threads were around a week or so ago.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:17   #17
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny

I might be wrong, but most of the reasons people wanted to hit asc were due to legitimate concerns over planet and galaxy ranks as opposed to fretting over ascendancy being the #1 alliance. Which is fair enough I suppose, considering even I've seen hc of top alliances say things like "3:5 is unattackable :/"; they aren't saying that now.. or maybe they are :<

End of the day, you would have had 'high profile' people in 11:7, 6:3, no doubt the other top non-asc gals too, crying for their alliances to do something about 3:5 and the rest. Think its safe to say the people who are usually capable of pulling those strings prioritise: planet rank > galaxy rank > alliance rank. So not surprising that the enthusiasm/propoganda to take down urwins is quite small. At the moment.

Or maybe I have no clue at all and it was purely ND/CT attacking out of concern that asc would win the round
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:22   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
I might be wrong, but most of the reasons people wanted to hit asc were due to legitimate concerns over planet and galaxy ranks as opposed to fretting over ascendancy being the #1 alliance. Which is fair enough I suppose, considering even I've seen hc of top alliances say things like "3:5 is unattackable :/"; they aren't saying that now.. or maybe they are :<

End of the day, you would have had 'high profile' people in 11:7, 6:3, no doubt the other top non-asc gals too, crying for their alliances to do something about 3:5 and the rest. Think its safe to say the people who are usually capable of pulling those strings prioritise: planet rank > galaxy rank > alliance rank. So not surprising that the enthusiasm/propoganda to take down urwins is quite small. At the moment.

Or maybe I have no clue at all and it was purely ND/CT attacking out of concern that asc would win the round
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...62#post3137762

I'm not quite sure if this counters or agrees with your point. We'll let our readers decide!
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:24   #19
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

yeah wishmaster was pretty hilarious with all that. But then given his circumstances, I'd still say his comments were heavily fueled by planet and galaxy ranks, as opposed to his deep down concerns over urwins maybe not winning the round.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:25   #20
Kenny

Quote:

kudos on an intelligent reply. Your point does have some merit in it, to be fair. But it doesn't address the issue that people were worried about Ascendancy being the #1 alliance and running away with the round, when there was clearly another alliance doing just that already. It seems at this point people chose the 'evil' they knew over the 'evil' they didn't.

But then what do I care? I'm scanning in InSomnia where we celebrate finding a defence fleet by crashing our fleets in harmonious joy.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 21:29   #21
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Maybe all the unscannable Asc planets and the fact that their scanners's amps were taken out by Asc just annoyed them?
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 23:21   #22
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Maybe all the unscannable Asc planets and the fact that their scanners's amps were taken out by Asc just annoyed them?
You give us too much credit. As JBG pointed out in another thread, of the top cov-op planets only a handful are Asc. We had more disters, but because of the low mining bonus on many planets our high size-ranks equated to a far less impressive value-generation. People oversimplified things and saw a threat that was far greater than reality. Chalk it up to people not being used to mass disters.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 23:40   #23
Duo

no, i really think that being unable to scan certain planets, and getting your scanners killed by SK's from support planets to assure you wont be able to scan them is just too annoying.

I dare say it doesnt even matter if said alliance is within winning reach. The annoyance factor is just large enough to trigger a response.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 00:14   #24
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

God(and Urwins) must love insanely dumb people, cause he made a hell of a lot of them.

Still: ND in targetting anyone but the #1 ranked alliance shocker...again and again and again and again. Fun to watch

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 00:24   #25
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

May I remind you of who won last round ?

Who faught every war there was to fight? Who hit everyone in the top3? ( without ourself )

Yes that was NewDawn.

So DrunkenViking you should check your facts before writing.

We would also be the only alliance around who decided to hit eXilition ALONE when they was #1.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 00:26   #26
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire

Who faught every war there was to fight? Who hit everyone in the top3? ( without ourself )

Yes that was NewDawn.

We would also be the only alliance around who decided to hit eXilition ALONE when they was #1.
I didnt play last rnd, i do remember you guys from r10-15 tho, and this one. All looks the same to me, more or less. At least back in r9-10'ish you were fun.

And yes, i was surprised to hear who won last round. And yes, i was thinking "WTF DID ND GROW SOME BALLS OR DID PA JUST DIE?"

* We do not exist *

Unread 8 Feb 2008, 00:35   #27
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If I remember right you were far too late in doing so - and in effect, committed mass suicide.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 00:42   #28
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
I didnt play last rnd, i do remember you guys from r10-15 tho, and this one. All looks the same to me, more or less. At least back in r9-10'ish you were fun.
r12 - LCH; r13 - eXilition; r14 - 1up; r15 - eXilition; r16 - 1up; r17 - Omen.

Alliances who were ranked top at the time they were hit by ND. Sure, ND didn't tend to win these scuffles, but that's no surprise with our lax recruitment policies, lower levels of activity and small number of HCs/MOs (at the time at least. I don't know about now). ND's community focus and political decisions ensured the alliance didn't sacrifice its existence in order to score a higher finish, and means the alliance is still around today.

I think this evidence, and the performance last round, supports the idea that ND have the balls to hit any alliance in the game; provided the available information suggests that this will be beneficial.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 00:44   #29
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Newt dont post

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 00:52   #30
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

yer, if you outblock the #1 alliance by 5-1 you'd go for it, if it drops to 4-1 you'd rather hit the ones that don't support you(or your puppeteers mosty). With one exception according to sprit.

I'm just saying; i'm disappointed that you guys never seems to find your OWN path and walk it. You got a great community and some great characters, why not at least attemt to make the most of it?

Cudos tho, for staying under the radar this round with the very late tagging up and low profile. tbh, i never heard any talk of ND at all so far this round, till now. Well done. A bit shameful tho that you believe you are so hot that you'd be gang****ed if you targetted the biggies, so you settle for less even if you are last rnd's winners.

Edit; aimed to gate's post.

* We do not exist *

Unread 8 Feb 2008, 01:01   #31
newt
Banned

All longterm alliances hide away to some extent from confrontation. Even some that aren't longterm (surprises me how little stick xvx comes under for being pretty shit in all respects politically). At least ND do still occasionally show their metaphorical balls are of a decent size, whereas some don't (hi vgn).
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 03:07   #32
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Ehm. LOL!
Wrong. Ministry was the only ally targetting exi from tick72, you guys came along after a while...and tbh, after it was already to late.

In my opinion; ND simply does not have balls to fight for victory, only to fence as long as possible and then claim to have fought... (gal raids for a full round is not fighting).
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 07:06   #33
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:

Yes that was NewDawn.

I seem to remember you staying out of anything remotely resembling a war until the last week, whilst being utterly insignificant before then, but don't let facts get in the way of a good boast man!

-Cead
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 10:48   #34
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
Ehm. LOL!
Wrong. Ministry was the only ally targetting exi from tick72, you guys came along after a while...and tbh, after it was already to late.

In my opinion; ND simply does not have balls to fight for victory, only to fence as long as possible and then claim to have fought... (gal raids for a full round is not fighting).
There's a difference between actively going after another alliance purposefully (and at the right time) and getting pushed around by said alliance in such a way that you're forced to respond anyway. How bold?

I don't know which round Spritfire was referring to, but I will guess that ND probably made the decision to fight at a terrible time and no doubt at a time eXilition was ready to fight them. Quite spectacular when you think about it. Before the round is well and truly sewn up, that window of nonopportunity tends to be very narrow indeed.

Having said that, ND has had some genuinely good moments in the last few rounds - like winning - and can of course take some extra credit for still existing in some form after all those years.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 12:16   #35
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
yer, if you outblock the #1 alliance by 5-1 you'd go for it, if it drops to 4-1 you'd rather hit the ones that don't support you(or your puppeteers mosty). With one exception according to sprit.
I can't comment on recent performances, but the r17 attacks on Omen were 2-1 (ND+InS), and after InS would have been 1-1 had I had my way. ND's r16 attacks on 1up were 2-1 or 1-1, depending on the night. This evidence supports ND's having balls when needed. From my point of view, ND's biggest problem has been a series of misjudgements, often based on imperfect information.

Quote:
I'm just saying; i'm disappointed that you guys never seems to find your OWN path and walk it. You got a great community and some great characters, why not at least attemt to make the most of it?
ND have never had a tag full of players to the same quality players as top tier (1up, eX), or even second tier (LCH, Omen, Conspiracy) alliances. Added to this, ND's MO roster always tended to be paper thin.

This gives ND a choice. Take the honourable, toe-to-toe approach and lose every single time, or try and play politics to get the advantage. Victory requires a combintion of good roiding, luck, and taking the initiative at the right time. ND have screwed up a lot of times before, but last round's victory suggests they managed to get it right at least once.

Quote:
Cudos tho, for staying under the radar this round with the very late tagging up and low profile. tbh, i never heard any talk of ND at all so far this round, till now. Well done. A bit shameful tho that you believe you are so hot that you'd be gang****ed if you targetted the biggies, so you settle for less even if you are last rnd's winners.
With regards to this round, hitting Ascendancy shows balls and some sense IMO. From what I've heard, Asc had a number of planets that were becoming untouchable due to distorters. Their roid & score growth was swift and it's perfectly plausable that they could have become nigh unstoppable and taken the round, given enmity between Urw & CT which would have distracted the two best alliances. ND's actions risked a lot (pissing Asc off is a nasty prospect), but have arguably hamstrung the alliance with the best player-roster in the game.

Going it alone would have been suicidal, but sharing the pain with Conspiracy, the strongest contender, makes the risk worth taking.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 12:38   #36
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

I might be wrong, but I've always had a image of ND as the honourable waring alliance that never gave up and didn't care about the odds they faced. It saddens me to see that this is no longer the case. Worse yet, it tarnishes the legacy of oldschool core ND'ers imho(wether they are still here or not), some of whom I've held in very high regard(Amon etc.).
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 12:43   #37
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney
Sorry, I can't see that in this thread? There were, however, a lot of posts screaming propaganda when the "hit Ascendancy" threads were around a week or so ago.
By "lots" I take it you mean '4', by "people" I take it you mean 'Ascendancy', by "screaming" I take it you mean 'commenting', and by "see" I take it you mean that you are in fact, quite blind? Shut up.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 14:20   #38
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
I might be wrong, but I've always had a image of ND as the honourable waring alliance that never gave up and didn't care about the odds they faced. It saddens me to see that this is no longer the case. Worse yet, it tarnishes the legacy of oldschool core ND'ers imho(wether they are still here or not), some of whom I've held in very high regard(Amon etc.).

I don't quite see why you think this was a dishonorable move, It is already established that just because an alliance have less score on the scoreboard doesn't nessicarly mean that they are weak, or lower scoring than others.

Please explain why you think its a dishonorable move.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 14:35   #39
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I don't quite see why you think this was a dishonorable move, It is already established that just because an alliance have less score on the scoreboard doesn't nessicarly mean that they are weak, or lower scoring than others.

Please explain why you think its a dishonorable move.
I was refering to Gates comment of ND playing more politics than waging war these days.

I don't think there was anything dishonorable about the attacks on Asc, I just believe ND/CT made a tactical error and played perfectly into the hands of Urwins. In this situation, you might say that trying to play politics failed ND, and smashed any chances they might have had at repeating their last round effort.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:09   #40
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...62#post3137762

I'm not quite sure if this counters or agrees with your point. We'll let our readers decide!
I honestly didnt think ND and CT would hit you at that time.
I m glad to say I was mistaken.

On the other hand, I assume asc still got out of tag planets, and you are still a serious contender for the round win.
#2 avg roid, tough gals to hit.

Admittedly, it will now be harder, and the round is far from over which I seriously sort of thought it was.
I prodded 100k buccs because I considered asc as the threat of the round.
I still do

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:10   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I honestly didnt think ND and CT would hit you at that time.
I m glad to say I was mistaken.

On the other hand, I assume asc still got out of tag planets, and you are still a serious contender for the round win.
#2 avg roid, tough gals to hit.

Admittedly, it will now be harder, and the round is far from over which I seriously sort of thought it was.
I prodded 100k buccs because I considered asc as the threat of the round.
I still do
HOW RETARDED DO YOU THINK PEOPLE ARE?
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:15   #42
Kenny

Quote:
How retarded do you think people aren't?
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:15   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
I was refering to Gates comment of ND playing more politics than waging war these days.

I don't think there was anything dishonorable about the attacks on Asc, I just believe ND/CT made a tactical error and played perfectly into the hands of Urwins. In this situation, you might say that trying to play politics failed ND, and smashed any chances they might have had at repeating their last round effort.

I don't think they did. They effectively reduced something that was until then a four alliance race into a 3 alliance race. While you might think that it was stupid of them to do so, the tactic behind it was more the fact that they probably thought they could take out urwins on a later stage. WP dominated the top spot round 13 for most of the round but still lost, most people knew they weren't gonna hold under pressure, and they didn't.

And the fact that it was so close between the top three, and still is, tells me that CT and ND did the right thing.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:30   #44
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
very?
Instead of that reply, could u rather point out what is wrong in my post?

Do u not have out of tag planets? ( I know u had at some point )

Are asc NOT #2 ally roids?
Are you more than 6 mill behind the 3 alliances some claim to be the only ones fighting for top spot?

Is your value considerably lower than the rest?

plz explain instead of posting trolls, u are after all a mod and one would like to believe u want discussion here instead of SPAMCAPSLOCK replies.

thx

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:33   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

I doubt there was any strategic planning behind it all. I imagine the thought process was rather similar to "fuk u u killed our amps we r going to kill ur dists".
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:39   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
very?

Are you more than 6 mill behind the 3 alliances some claim to be the only ones fighting for top spot?

plz explain instead of posting trolls, u are after all a mod and one would like to believe u want discussion here instead of SPAMCAPSLOCK replies.

thx
We're 10 million score behind Urwins you raving lunatic. We don't even have four top ten planets never mind four top ten planets out of tag. Why on earth would people be concerned with ascendancy being the current #2 alliance sizewise when the actual #1 alliance by score has an 8k roid lead? Seriously, before your paranoia was slightly amusing and perhaps a tad warranted. Now you just look like you're smashing your face into your keyboard and somehow it's producing vaguely intelligible sentences.

PS Strangely enough I have a list of ND planets with a combined score of 115 million at the minute! While I haven't gone through news-scans to establish definite links, mainly because I couldn't give a flying **** if they are ahead of urwins, perhaps you could aim your insane gibberish somewhere else for a while.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:44   #47
Kenny

Quote:
very?

thx
Always speak in generalities, that'll help your cause. Here's a few facts for you though:

Ascendancy has 102.24% of the roids xVx has (as of PT 667). Read as 2.24% more than xVx. Urwins, out in first, has 20.68% more roids than xVx. That's more than 10x the advantage Asc has.

So your argument is that because Urwins have won already, people should take out Ascendancy to hang on to their precious 2nd-4th ranks? So in fact you are, as such, telling people not to challenge for first? That people should lack ambition? That settling for second best is ok? Please do tell, I am curious.

I really hope people don't listen to your attempts to divert attention away from your alliance. Which, for anyone who doesn't realise - is, in fact, Urwins.

Bottom line: you have somebody from Urwins telling the universe that they're not the real threat?! Why are you only willing to stand up to somebody who may rape you, when somebody else already has their proverbial penis 3 inches deep into your proverbial posterior?
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:49   #48
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
With regards to this round, hitting Ascendancy shows balls and some sense IMO. From what I've heard, Asc had a number of planets that were becoming untouchable due to distorters. Their roid & score growth was swift and it's perfectly plausable that they could have become nigh unstoppable and taken the round, given enmity between Urw & CT which would have distracted the two best alliances. ND's actions risked a lot (pissing Asc off is a nasty prospect), but have arguably hamstrung the alliance with the best player-roster in the game.

Going it alone would have been suicidal, but sharing the pain with Conspiracy, the strongest contender, makes the risk worth taking.
I dont really see much balls in teaming up on the rank 5 alliance, an alliance without any military officers and letting the top ally run away in the process. The only thing they had was 20 members with dists that made people afraid of hitting those particular planets.

Wish: Any alliance can hit any galaxy without supports and still come out on top. If not; the alliance sucks monkeyballs(mine). If you seriously thought the round was over because some people had dists, i seriously think you're seriously fcked up in the head.

I wonder why CT and ND gets so much support for this, cause i'm quite certain that they just killed their own chances of finishing #1, weird thing is that they have no ability to see this themself. GLHF etc.

* We do not exist *

Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:51   #49
Wishmaster
LDK

Sigh.

When did I ever say Asc was a bigger threat than Urwins in this thread?
Where did I say that people should take out asc in this thread?
No use trying to have a discussion with people who cba to respond to posts, but instead call you a dumwit. A bit shocked that a moderator would do this, but this clearly shows how fking biased they are.
Soon no one else than asc and their fan clubs cba to post on AD. Well done.

Quote:
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 15:56   #50
Ceadrath

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...2&postcount=11

id say you cover the top 2 in that post.

-Cead