User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:40   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Is a web designer a good job?

because one of the cleverest people i have ever known in my life, a boy who helped me in my GCSEs and really helped in my alevels a boy i really thought was going on to become an uber programmer or something (well working for a big company or something) hes becoming a web designer,he really likes it, he showed me some of his designs. They were
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:42   #2
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: Is a web designer a good job?

Ask a Spider, they are clearly the best.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:45   #3
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did he show the finished product or a work in progress? I would imagine just like a house a website will look like crap till all the pretty fixtures are added.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:46   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Is a web designer a good job?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
he showed me some of his designs. They were
This is where the differences between a web programmer and a web designer become apparent.

Programmers should not, ever, under any circumstances, be allowed to design user interfaces.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:48   #5
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Is a web designer a good job?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk

Programmers should not, ever, under any circumstances, be allowed to breathe.
fixed
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:50   #6
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
it's a great job! You have to be CREATIVE though. Web design is about eye candy and psychology. Programmers aren't famous for being socially apt or color coordinated....
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:51   #7
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid00
Did he show the finished product or a work in progress? I would imagine just like a house a website will look like crap till all the pretty fixtures are added.
he said it was almost done, you could tell it was crap. It just didnt feel natural when i tried using it, the web site itself was quite simple, its just he had no idea how to design something to make it crisp and easy to use.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:55   #8
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Is a web designer a good job?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Programmers should not, ever, under any circumstances, be allowed to design user interfaces.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 22:40   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
he said it was almost done, you could tell it was crap. It just didnt feel natural when i tried using it, the web site itself was quite simple, its just he had no idea how to design something to make it crisp and easy to use.
URL?

Or failing that, a recreation using the medium of MS Paint would suffice