User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Nov 2013, 21:28   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Christmas Ideas!

With the Christmas round on the horizon, now's the chance to start getting Christmas suggestions in.

Mainly focusing around stats, names for resources, and so on. We'll be having no alliances and galaxies will be given alliance functionality.

Happy to have a discussion about it - ideas here!
Unread 28 Nov 2013, 22:51   #2
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: Christmas Ideas!

Names for resources: Turkeys, Lambs & Pigs

Perhaps a xmas theme with some really annoying snow flakes falling down the page?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 00:39   #3
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

ive never seen it snow during christmas.
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 01:28   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Resource names? WTF?

(Surely it has to be Gold, Frankinsence and Myrrh (sp??!).)
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 05:00   #5
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Why not Mince Pies, Candy Canes and Eggnog
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 05:08   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Id rather see PA crew focus on rerunning some historical setup.
Multiple races were introduced in R6, why not try re-run the stats from that round wich is modified to how PaX work?
I dont think these "eggnogs" "snowman" or the other name used last xmas was anything good or fun.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 08:35   #7
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Id rather see PA crew focus on rerunning some historical setup.
Multiple races were introduced in R6, why not try re-run the stats from that round wich is modified to how PaX work?
I dont think these "eggnogs" "snowman" or the other name used last xmas was anything good or fun.
said the Grinch
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 16:50   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

We don't have any previous code bases as such prior to round 13, and any code base pre round 41 doesn't integrate with the passport system (and would lose lots of features / etc).

What do you mean by "historical setup" ?
We can bring back mil scans, that's not too difficult.

We could disable covert ops, but I wanted to fiddle more with them and let them go for a free round. I can bring back -1 defence etas for everything, or cluster bonuses, or even parallel bonuses.

we can try and bring back wpsd/agility, but the manual would need to be tweaked to display that and the code hasn't been tested.

we can have pods dying (which is historical ...) we can try and mimic war/science (which we did relatively recently, I think?, so stuff will still be lying around and I can steal those stats) with multiple races.

Other things are potentially going to be more of an issue I'm afraid, which I'm not willing to do for a free round unless I'm doing it for the subsequent paid round after.
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 16:55   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
We don't have any previous code bases as such prior to round 13, and any code base pre round 41 doesn't integrate with the passport system (and would lose lots of features / etc).

What do you mean by "historical setup" ?
We can bring back mil scans, that's not too difficult.

We could disable covert ops, but I wanted to fiddle more with them and let them go for a free round. I can bring back -1 defence etas for everything, or cluster bonuses, or even parallel bonuses.

we can try and bring back wpsd/agility, but the manual would need to be tweaked to display that and the code hasn't been tested.

we can have pods dying (which is historical ...) we can try and mimic war/science (which we did relatively recently, I think?, so stuff will still be lying around and I can steal those stats) with multiple races.

Other things are potentially going to be more of an issue I'm afraid, which I'm not willing to do for a free round unless I'm doing it for the subsequent paid round after.
By historical setup i mean old stats/shipnames.
Where did the skins from PaX post r13 go? cant you modify these for a xmas round/forth comming rounds to bring back some of the nostalgia that comes with the old races?
I remeber each race had a own skin back in r6 and back in the earlier days of PaX

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2013, 21:10   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I remeber each race had a own skin back in r6 and back in the earlier days of PaX
I miss this! Was cool feature tbh.

What about a Santa Claus feature where he'll come round and give roids/res/ships to someone at random?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2013, 18:39   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

none of the older skins work because the people who did them all left and didn't hand over the original graphics, and we've changed the user interface quite drastically to make it e.g. more mobile friendly, and so none of the old skins work any more. We do welcome people creating new skins though
Unread 3 Dec 2013, 18:49   #12
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

The best round recently was that last mini-round where war and science was brought back, along with multi-tick attack and defence. It may have been a step backwards as far as "PA evolution" goes, but it was a BIG step forward as far as PA enjoyment goes. To me, that was the final proof that PA has developed in the wrong direction for many years.

Run another round like that so we can all enjoy the PA we love rather than the one we seem to now be stuck with.
Unread 16 Dec 2013, 10:53   #13
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

bring back ingal attacks, and as last speed round multiple-tick attack/def
Unread 16 Dec 2013, 14:56   #14
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

war/science rounds are poop
Unread 16 Dec 2013, 21:52   #15
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

yeah the war science round last time was awful
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote